I found an old rusty, metal spice can that had the potential of a Halloween deocration...so it became a part of my potion display.
E600 is my adhesive of choice when securing the cork or lid into the opening of each bottle top which protects the contents. Inking the cork, before gluing into place, helps me achieve the aged-look I desire.
I found most of the labels for the bottles by doing a Google search for “Harry Potter potion labels.” A few were found on eBay, Etsy.com, Scrapbook.com, or they were cut from a sheet of paper (see below). I distressed them with Walnut Stain ink, and many were crumpled and ink added to the wrinkled ridges to give them additional aging. Clear contact paper was added over most labels to preserve them (leaving 1/8” around all edges to help with the seal).