Anytime my mom calls me, the first words out of her mouth are, "how are your chickens?" When she was a little girl, her grandmother had birds, and my mother's memories of collecting eggs, broody hens, and the baby chicks are happy ones.
My sister had invited us over for the holiday weekend, and I thought it would be fun to surprise my mom. I took a couple of pullets (young hens that aren't adult yet) in my collapsible dog crate, checking with my sister first to make sure it would be ok.
The look on my mom's face was priceless. This is her and Sylvia - who is an extremely affectionate bird and spent a good half an hour cuddled up in my mom's lap, peeping, chirping, and finally falling asleep.
This is my entry for the following challenges:
1. Old Glory Color Challenge which is red, white, and blue but non-patriotic papers. I used some Pink Paislee, some Jenni Bowlin, and some paper line that I forget the name of but has chicken prints and paisleys and checks. The white paper with red polkadots is actually a Christmas paper.
2. Parts to Whole Challenge : This is a new challenge that I'm hosting on sb.com. It's a three color challenge, with a 1:2:4 formula. This month it's 1 part blue to 2 parts red to 4 parts white.
3. Scraplift the Person Ahead of You : I lifted ScrappinFan19's layout titled "True Beauty" which you can see here
It was a super fun project to play with, and I love how my lift turned out. Thanks so much for the inspiration, Lynette!
4. Use Your Scraps : The only non-scrap item on this page is the White background paper. Everything else came out of my scrap box, including the alpha titles. The flower is created with the Tim Holtz tattered floral die.
5. Escape Kitty Friends and Family Challenge - Thanks for hosting this one Jen. I love the venue for getting photos of the people I love done up!
6. Single Picture Challenge : I do a lot of one photo projects, but I really think this is a great photo and want to turn it into the challenge that features great photos. The look on my mom's face is so precious, and the look on Sylvia's as she looks into the camera is priceless.
7. Use Your Supplies : Week 3 - Stickers. I was supposed to use stickers from 3 different packages. I don't have a lot of stickers, but I do love my Thickers Alphabet stickers, so I pulled them out and got busy. I added the twist by putting dimensional white paint on the red shiny letters.
Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look at work. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to comment on my projects and I want you to know that I treasure every single one!