I'm on some kind of a pink thing, I think. This makes two in a row, and I don't even normally work in pink.
The photo is old old old - another one from the way back archives of my family. This one is from 2002, a day my younger daughter and I went to the park. It's one of my first digital photos ever. I was basically just playing with the camera, figuring out how it worked, and Amy was willing to play the role of my model. She's always been so photogenic. We had a good time that day, and this picture makes me smile when I remember how much fun we had.
On to the challenge list :
1st. This is my Group 3, Week 1 kick off project for February's Round Robin Challenge. Our assignment was to do a gallery search for the word LOVE.
2nd. When I did my LOVE word search, up popped a project that I'd put in my favorites last year, so that made my choice easy. I did a lift of Tessa In Montreal's "You Love To Be Outside" project so I can also enter this into the Scraplift Your Favorites Challenge. You can see Tessa's original here. You should take a peek. It's beautiful!
3rd. ABC Challenge. This challenge has had a creative overhaul - sort of like Bingo now. There are three choices for each letter : color, technique-tool, word-topic. You use each letter only once and each choice only once. So there is a lot of opportunity for even more variety of play and inspiration. If you haven't played ABC, you should come see what's going on there. Lots of fun! My "A" is the little antique valentine card. For "B" I chose the color - Blush. And C is the cherish tag.
4th. Girls Girls Girls. This one makes 2 of 3 for me this month.
5th. Four Categories, Week 1, Buttons. I think I counted six...maybe? I meant to attach the big pink one with stitching, but I forgot, so I need to go back and do that. No twist for me.
6th. The Hoarders Challenge. I didn't use anything new on this project at all. Everything came from my stash - paper, buttons, diecuts, punches, bling centers, the embellishment card, and the metal frame. ALL of it at least a year old - except maybe the doily diecut, which I think I got last summer, so it's about 10 months old is all. I haven't used that leaf stem die in a while, so it was kind of good to see it again.
**I've NEVER been able to get my die-cut rosettes to work without falling apart, so for these, I just cut some strips of paper and used my score pal to mark the score lines, folded them up and they came out great. Stayed together at the seam and everything. Next time, I may even try a border punch to give them a bit of a decorative edge. **