On a recent vacation, my husband and I made the mistake of not reserving a rental car in advance. When we got to the airport, all SIX of the rental car places told us they didn't have any cars. We took a cab to our destination, and then were stranded there for a week unless we could find someone to rent us a car. After a tense hour and a half on the phone, my husband was finally told that Avis would rent us a car - if we could get back to the airport to pick it up. We called another cab, and on the way back to the airport got caught in a tornado. It was a very trying day!
For this layout, I printed out all the car rental logos along with their slogans and asked my husband to re-write the slogans based on our experience. If they didn't have a slogan, he made one up for them:
1. Thrifty - "Don't call us... No, really. Don't call us."
2. Budget, Escape the Everyday - "Escape the everywhere. Hell, just get lost!"
3. Hertz (HURTS!)- We're going Your Way. "As long as you're going where we're going."
4. Avis - We Try Harder. "But not too hard as to inconvenience ourselves".
5. National Car Rental - "When everyone else turns you away, we will too!"
6. Enterprise - Pick Enterprise, We'll Pick You Up. "Unless you really need us, then we'll strand you at the airport!"