Inspired by Holly's mini albums, I thought I'd try one. It took FOREVER! I'm posting every page because I will probably never make one again... waaaay too much work. Too bad, because I kind of like how it turned out. Anyhow, here are the details (there are lots of firsts for me in this one!):
I started with a Me and My Big Ideas chipboard album kit (just the little 3-pagers that are only 7 bucks- probably $3 in the States, lol!) and used the paper it came with to cover the pages but also added my own pps (mostly from a We R Memory Keepers stack called Over the Rainbow) and also made 2 extra tag-holder pages. Most of the embellies are either home-made or heavily altered store-bought.
This was my first time covering chipboard but it came out pretty well. I sanded the edges and tried to ink them with white ink, but it didn't have good coverage, so I ended up painting the edges white, which I think turned out ok. Just covering, sanding, inking, painting, and making my 2 home-made tag holder pages took 2 weeks!
The first tag-holder page is a flattened toilet paper roll. The second is half of a recycled bill envelope.
The title letters are from a sizzlets die strip alphabet (called wingo-dingo, I think), which I cut using my cuttlebug. I just used ugly paper as I knew I would cover it. I covered it with black puffy fabric paint, then while it was still wet, covered it in utee and heat embossed it. I was trying to get a really shiny but bumpy look, but I'm new to heat embossing, so I overcooked it and it ended up mostly smooth and shiny, but still bumpy in places. I might try those letters again when I get better. The heart embellie on the front page is the only embllie that I ended up using from the kit.
Also my first time using fibres. Yes, I went a bit overboard. the black is very puffy but I actually didn't use much of it. I think it's trim for sewing but I loved how soft and fluffy it was and it was 80% off.