Things I have learned while trying to take a photo of myself:
1) unless your arms are at least 4 feet long, you do not want to point the camera at you...better to take a pic in front of a mirror.
2) If you are over 60, DO NOT, EVER decide to take a pic of yourself without your glasses on. I nearly fainted when I saw the dark circles and bags I truly thought my concealer concealed!!!! Laura Geller, you lied....doesn't cover a darn thing!
3) It is difficult to take a photo of yourself holding the camera in one hand and trying to look 'natural' with your other hand casually draped across your chest to cover the hanging skin thingy which always brings back wonderful memories of Thanksgiving Day dinners gone by.
4) Always keep a scarf at the ready for any spontaneous photo shoots. (refer back to #3 please)
5) The Mona Lisa smile requires time and practice. At my age I can't afford either as I want to enjoy every moment I can and all that smiling practice will cause so many more wrinkles and crow's feet. (Note to self....keep the glasses on!!!)
So there ya have it...rules to take pics of yourself by!