My camera hates these colors - this turned out wonky no matter what I did. The blue is not that bright irl. The dark pp's are brown, not black.
Anyway, these are photos of Cassie getting a haircut at Mario Tricoci the day before the first day of 7th grade.
This is for:
1) August PageMaps, Etc. Challenge - Sketch 5.
2) August Sewing Challenge. I did some machine stitching - 3 layers of zig zag on the striped strip and some random straight stitching on the date and some of the mats.
3) August One Month at a Time Challenge, in which all the LO pictures have to be from any August. These are from August 2009. This is Week 4, for which the requirements were:
1. base the color scheme on a favorite flavor of ice cream - Mine is daiquiri ice from Baskin-Robbins (The bg color is closer to it irl.);
2. no 4x6 photos;
3. a non-horizontal title - Mine is curved; and
4. use at least one stamp - I diecut the ticket and stamped the URMYFAV journaling block on it.
4) A past VLB Challenge to do something a little different with a banner. I varied my flag styles and put them both behind and in front of the string and overlapped them.