This is the lo I did for the November Ugly Paper Challenge ( a pic of my 2 pps and my embelly I was given are here http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/215049/view/3787865/-1/1.html )and for the November Page Maps ETC Challenge using Sketch #2 - by Juliana Michaels for BoBunny which can be found here : http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/298615/view/3781469/-1.html
I tried to tie the 2 pps together by using brightly colored cs as matting. The floral pp that was going to be hidden by the 'sea' pp, I cut away so that I could use it for an embellishment. I made the large flower by fussy cutting the "shield-y" design from the pp and then arranged them in a flower shap and layered on some flowers to make the center. The butterflies were cut from my "ugly" embelly (which really wasn't ugly, but I had a hard time making it work with the pp's. I cut out the butterflies from the embelly, then adhered some of the leftover floral pp behind the holes in the wings, filled in the holes with glossy accents and sprinkled them with glitter. After those dried, I outlined the large butterfly with a green souffle pen and added pearls for the head and body. For the small butterflies, I added pearls for the heads.