This layout made me tear up a few times during the design process. Every time I looked at the photos I vividly remembered anticipating the birth of our third granddaughter and her first "hellos" and kisses from joyous family members.
I experimented with different distressing techniques on some of the new Artisan Element Swirls from Pink Paislee and ended up with something I really like.
Here's what I did:
1) Brush each element evenly and lightly with Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint - let dry for about an hour.
2) Daub surface with Walnut Stain to expose the crackle.
3) Lightly spray with Glimmer mist in the following order with the following colors: Cherry Limeade, Burnt Red, Haunted Shadows.
4) Daub the colors into the crevices until you get the look you desire. I used a paper towel.
5) Daub black ink around the edges of each element
6) Add clear jewels as desired.
These elements are pliable (like a fine off-white rubber), accept colors and can be written on. Pretty fun!