I really wanted some color to add to the blues and greens and that little red heart that was with the soft embellies kept yelling out to me... use me! (it was the whole inspiration for my lo) When I ran across this pic of my son with that red ball I knew it was just the right pic after looking through umteen pics for this kit. This by far has been the most challenging kit we have recieved, but I DO SO LOVE the challenge of it all. And I especially love the end result of my lo after such a head racking time of trying to come up with something.
I used 100% of the kit. This is what I used and what I did:
1. Both sides of paper.
2. Both card stocks; green as my background piece, white strip and then I also die cut the letters for "Red Ball" with the Sizzix Lime Light font and then colored it red with a gel pen and added a running black line around the letters.
3. Soft embellies; red heart on tag, prima flower, clear tab tag that says "I "heart" balls" and the chipboard frame that I covered in the blue pp.
4. dotted ribbon - used; dark green ribbon - used
5. Letters: Mounted the "A" on the file folder on the white cs for his name.
6. tags: I used both big ones, the one you see that says ""heart's to play ball"; I die cut the 2 out of the dotted pp and added the red stripes with my gel pen, and added the words play ball and trail with my white uniball pen, then added green chalk to it. The other large one is in the large file folder and holds part of the journaling and I used a one little, also in the file folder with the ribbon on it that says how old he was at the time and where we were that day the pic was taken.
7. metal; used 2 circle clips, one on file folder and one on ribbon at bottom right side. Then I also used the metal frame that I painted red and added white to the edges that holds the date "2006"
9. Brads; I believe I used all, if not very close.
10. Wild card: I used the large file folder that holds the tags and the hidden journaling. The journaling says: You love love love balls. Ever since I can remember you always seem to have one in your hand. In fact we have soo many I would hate to do an actual count of how many balls we actually do have in this house, but no matter how many, there just never seems to be enough of them per you. Balls are always your 1st choice if you get to choose something new. This was a new baseball you got to pick out one day. You soo loved it because it was a "Red Ball". Oh, before I know it you'll be wanting a "Red Car!"
Other techniques or things I used were: Red gel pen, white uniball pen, green chalk, millennium pen, red paint and white paint, little heart punch for tab. arleen's tacky glue and adhesive. THANKS for looking!