OK... I finally figured out this magpie, mudpie, cherriepie thingie!! LOL... Alright, for real, this was a LO done for a challenge for the ETG, which was a "magpie" lo. The challenge was to do a layout and use something you got out of your trash, which could be scrappy or non-scrappy. Well, needless to say if I have anything scrappy in the trash, it is trash! The second part of the challenge was to use some bling... now that is easy! The twist to the challenge was to use up to 5 non-traditional scrapbook items, worth 1 extra point each.
So.... here is my list of things I used:
Out of trash: which was the hardest for me!
1. I used a little metal handle that was on a clear box. It is covered with the yellow raffia. It was used as the handle to pull my tag out from under my top pic
2. yellow gift bag paper - made the flower in the blue area on the flourish. It was actually a gift bag crumpled up in my dd bedroom from her birthday. It was just a punched circle that I cut, inked and added all the fancy to.
Bling was the sequins, stickles and jewels and that wonderful big green brad in the center of my one flower.
Twist: Non-tradtional scrappy items:
1. Red bread twisty - holding my blue button on the tag
2. Yellow raffia - (on tag handle and sewn at the bottom of page.
3. Washers (I painted and then covered with stickles) the red & blue ones are hidden within the flowers and one red one in the center of the yellow flower I made in the blue area and then the green ones are under those hard little yellow flowers w/ blue centers on the bottom right. Aren't they soo pretty! :O) kind of hard to see those are washers!
4. Blue Grip-it Liner - it is the small scallop at the top of the title and also the blue strip at the bottom right that the green washers/yellow flowers are on top of.
5. Those hard yellow flowers on my green washers and one green & yellow at the top of the mix/trail of flowers... they were from the bead section for little girls.
6. postage stamp from Malaysia, from my friend Irene (thanks Irene).
7. Sequins (?)
thanks for looking.. and extra thanks if you left some luvins!