This is my lo for the November Ugly Paper Challenge. The papers received are the brick background paper and the paper I cut the flowers from (I was pretty lucky this month. LOL).
I used my small scalloped scissors to trim around 3 sides of the brick pp. I then matted that onto black cs, but matched up the bottom of the pages, so just 3 sides are really matted. I added a dot of blue stickles to each of the scallops. I cut part of the flower design from my other piece of pp and adhered that to the bottom of the page, then used white, blue and red stickles to outline parts of the design. I cut another flower from the pp and added a journaling circle to the center and added my journaling with a blue souffle pen and again used the stickles to outline the designs. I cut another flower and stickled it and added that to the page to give a little more dimension.
For the pic, I matted it onto green cs, then onto a blue pp, and then onto green cs. I used the final layer of cs as a place to adhere the red eyelet lace. I added more stickles around the pic and the mats and used white stickles on the centers of the flowers on the eyelet lace. I didn't like how "full" the lace looked, so I used red floss and gathered it in several places around the pic to give a scalloped look. I added the ribbon bow to the corner and tied red floss through a blue button and adhered that to the bow.
I used black mailbox letters for the date and put the red/white striped brads in between to carry the red over.