These two pictures of Allie are from when she came with us to the Evans Family Reunion in Colorado in 2009. She's such a nature girl, I love scrapbooking pictures of her in her element. And I'll always think of the movie Juno when I see this layout cuz that's what I was watching when I made it.
Some techniques for making this layout:
1) I started by covering an entire piece of cardstock with vintage flash cards. Where I wanted my pictures to be, I didn't put flash cards.
2) I love making trees and leaves on layouts and cards, and felt this layout was perfect for another one. First I lightly drew a tree with a pencil, then I went over it with a brown pen, then I went over it as best I could with brown stitching. It's not perfect, in fact it's quite messy, but that's a-ok.
3) I cut out several leaves from the back side of a kraft Elle's Studio flash card, folded the leaves in half and glued them all around the branches.
4) For the journaling circles, I stamped a scalloped circle on three different journaling spots, matted them on patterned paper (packaging), and crinkled them up. After gluing them on the layout I added journaling.
5) To create "grass" on the bottom of the layout, I trimmed four green journaling spots and feathered the edges with scissors before adhering them.