This is for:
1) July Monthly Sketch Challenge Week 2 - with the twist to use bling. I have the word 'Summer' made of gems and gems on each bg strip, the word 'remember' is a glitter border strip, and one of the pp's is glitter paper.
2) July One Month at a Time Challenge, in which all the photos for the LO's must be taken during any July - these are from July 1979. This is Week 3, which required:
1. Machine stitching (July 16th is the day the sewing machine was patented) - I machine stitched around the yellow photo mat;
2. The natural summer palette of Yellow, Green, and White;
3. At least four things over 6 months old - Everything on this LO is over 6 months old: pp, border sticker, bling word, alpha stickers, rub-on numbers, the gems, the inks, and the photos; and
4. 'Summer' in the title.
3) VLB Challenge to use photos 10+ years old. These are from 1979.
The vellum strips to the left of the photos say: Lisa Turnipseed & me; Indiana Dunes; Lake Michigan. I tacked them down with hand stitches. Journaling is written in white pen along the bottom and says: Lisa & I were friends from pre-school thru HS, but in 5th grade, we were BEST friends. We reconnected on fb this year, and for my birthday, she sent me these pics. [This will go in my 2010 album.]
Using the summer palette of yellow, green, and white was perfect for 70's pictures, and I also threw in some orange with the 'summer' bling -- very reminiscent of Harvest Gold, Avocado, and Pumpkin :)
Alphas: American Crafts Sarah Script; Making Memories
Corner Rounder: Creative Memories
Bling word & clear gems: Me & My Big Ideas
Green gems: Studio His & Hers
Ink: VersaColor Green Tea
Pen: Sakura white; Zig Vellum Writer