This was for a challenge over at Swirlydoos. It called for using metal embossing.
I was inspired by some old Vintage Tin Tiles and their intricate embossed designs, and I wanted to do a layout that looked like it was "mounted" on one.
Since this challenge was about embossing- when I found this photo of my dd, it made me laugh since she was "embossing" our remote with her teeth- and I had to choose it!
I tried to combine hard and soft elements to accent the photo, so I used lots of metal, plastic and fabric.
Used Lots of Techniques:
I made the "Tin Tile" using Foil Tape (from Home Depot).
Put it on some card stock and ran it through my Big Shot using embossing folders to deboss. I painted the whole thing black to get paint in the debossed design- then wiped the paint off the top.
Then I went to work on the clock:
For the multi-tone frame, I used alcohol inks and acrylic paint.
Since I wanted "air bubbles" in the lavender ring- I used the "Acrylic Smash" technique- which was tricky since I didn't want any purple in the center of the clock. So I cut the second acetate to the size of he middle ring. I went slowly and wiped the excess paint from the middle.
I made many of the embellies such as the rolled zipper flower, metal die-cut flower, and the lace up detail with eyelets and ball chain.
also made the black plastic flower and also used lots of mediums on the chippie clock.