All potion ingredients were mixed in a 4-cup measuring cup with corn syrup as the base. I use enough syrup to fill each potion bottle leaving a little head room at the top. Ink, in the desired color, was mixed in so this potion is clear.
I use a narrow-neck funnel to pour the “potion” into the bottle, and I clean any spills or drips off of the bottle top with a damp cloth.
E600 is my adhesive of choice when securing the cork or lid into the opening of each bottle top which protects the contents. Inking the cork, before gluing into place, helps me achieve the aged-look I desire.
I found most of the labels for the bottles by doing a Google search for “Harry Potter potion labels.” A few were found on eBay, Etsy.com, Scrapbook.com, or they were cut from a sheet of paper (see below). I distressed them with Walnut Stain ink, and many were crumpled and ink added to the wrinkled ridges to give them additional aging. Clear contact paper was added over most labels to preserve them (leaving 1/8” around all edges to help with the seal).
The top of a decorative brad (the prongs were removed) was added to the top of the cork for embellishing.