A quickie lo inspired by one of my blog posts a while back...
thirty-seven random things I've learned since becoming a mom to three boys!
1. Trees make boys want to pee on them.
2. If their clothes have pockets in them, they feel they must fill them up with random found items.
3. Always check their pockets before washing their clothes! Those found items mentioned above usually include a crayon that will melt in the dryer all over your favorite shirt.
4. They can't resist playing in a pile of dirt.
5. Yes, they can get completely dirty from head to toe during those 5 seconds you looked away from them to check on their brother.
6. They are attracted to wet paint like flies on poop.
7. You will NEVER get as much sleep as you want or need to because they like to get up at 6am.
8. A freshly painted wall looks like a waiting canvas to a boy and his crayon/marker/pen.
9. Silent but deadly have never been truer words.
10. Matchbox cars really hurt when you step on them.
11. A 3 year old boy thinks chocolate frosting makes an ideal paint, and yes, it does stain carpeting.
12. A four year old's head is hard enough to knock his big brother's tooth out, resulting in a lot of blood loss, and an extremely stressed out mother.
13. Blood also stains carpeting.
14. Ear plugs can be a good investment, sometimes.
15. Chewing on brand new glasses WILL result in scratched lenses that need to be replaced.
16. Wishing you had spent the extra money on the fabric guard for your furniture, doesn't make it so!
17. Kids almost always have to pee when you're driving through the worst neighborhoods.
18. They think of your clothing not as clothing, but as personal snot rags, just for them.
19. Just because they liked a certain food one day, doesn't mean they will still like it the next day. Especially if you've stocked up on it because you thought they liked it.
20. You eventually end up sounding like your mother, even though you never thought you would.
21. Red crayon stains white grout.
22. Mommy is pretty much the best title ever.
23. Hugs take on new meaning when they're from your child.
24. Barney and Teletubbies must have been created to drive parents crazy.
25. Don't get white tile and white grout in your bathroom, it WILL be stained yellow in a house full of boys. (Learned by my friend Bella)
26. You will eventually snap and lose your patience after being asked, "but, why?" 57 times in a row.
27. Two hours spent cleaning and organizing a boys' bedroom can be totally demolished by 3 boys in roughly one minute.
28. Legos also hurt when stepped on.
29. Watching your toddler son get stitches will make you cry like a baby with no milk.
30. Always check pockets before washing clothes. I know I already said this one, but it bears repeating.
31. Eating too many blueberries in a very short amount of time can result in your child throwing them back up all over you.
32. Blueberries also stain.
33. Boys like booger and fart jokes, which will result in hysterical laughing, the sound of which makes it worth having had to listen to the jokes in the first place.
34. Those plastic swords you thought were a good idea, weren't. In so many ways.
35. Plastic swords can poke through a window screen. Like butter.
36. It's not going to hurt them to have cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner every once in a while.
37. Baby gates are a great invention, especially with little three year olds that like to get into EVERYTHING!