This is the lo I did for the Oct Progressive Challenge Round 1, which can be found here: http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/tid/1582059/pid/15686617/post/last/#LAST
Step 1: Used the sketch found here http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/forum/topics/case-file-no-36-case-file-closes-september-16-2012
2. Did the cut, distressed, and stitched circles found here http://scrapsofelegance.blogspot.com/2012/09/aunt-lou-designed-for-cest-magnifique.html
3. Use buttons as a frame or partial frame
4. folded under flowers (my yellow flower..looks nothing like the tutorial LOL)
5. Free space
6. Place your title on a circle or circles (I did mine on round oversized brads and used a round alpha stamp set.
7. Journal in an open spot on the picture
The background pp is an old Easter pp...too bad the date on the 'postal stamp' on the page was off by a day, but I liked it, so I didn't try to cover it up. I decided to use the chicken wire pp for the shaped pp of the original page...I thought it was pretty funny to go with the egg coloring. I ended up stamping little flowers in the spaces, because it just didn't look quite right for the page.
I made the banner by cutting a picture of the colored eggs drying on the cooling racks...I just freehand cut the eggs into sort of banner shape, used a white pen to draw a frame on each banner, then matted them onto green pp, used decorative scissors to trim them to make a scalloped border and used the white pen to add interest. I adhered the banners to the page, then added the brown rick-rack and the flowers.