I'm totally excited about this layout. This was for the July Skeletons in the Closet Challenge over at Scraps of Darkness that Lisa aka Raining hosts. I'm so in love with the SITC challenges-so therapeutic! Here are the rules-join in the fun over at Scraps of Darkness!!! Its open to everyone!
1. You must take a photo of an inanimate object. NO PEOPLE on your layout.
2. You must use a saying we would all be familiar with, a quote, or a movie/song title that obviously relates to the photo and also translate to something in your life.
( A few examples to clarify would be- photographing a tree and using a saying like "Roots or Roots to the Past" and then letting us know how that relates to your life. Photographing a bridge and using a saying like "Building Bridges" and letting us know how that relates to your life. Photographing grass using a saying like " The grass is greener on the other side" and letting us know how that relates to your life. - Get the picture? )
3. This challenge is an exercise in getting you to scrap something that is an object and getting us to feel it. Give it life. Get us to see what you saw in it and how you fit it into your emotional life.
4. This doesn't have to be deep and dark and it can be light and fluffy. Take a photo of a road ( All roads lead to home) I hope I have given you enough ideas to make this less scary!
5. Use any products- all are welcome to join- invite your friends! Out of courtesy please refrain from mentioning any other kit clubs ( What??? other clubs exist??? No way???)
6. You have until 9/15 to get the party started!
My quote is from none other than Titanic, one of my all time favorite movies. There are 3 reasons I chose this quote. 1-the ocean is my favorite thing ever. 2-i love the movie. 3-the quote rings true to me.
I used lotsa Tim Holtz goodies, my cricut, my iRock, stamps, punches, paint, grunge board...just about a little bit of everything. I totally love how my treasure chest turned out. It's symbolic in that a woman's heart is full of gems, or "secrets" and if you unlock the chest and treat it with care, the treasure and the woman, will forever be yours. thanks for taking a peak! I appreciate the feedback!