For OUAS challenge.A photo taken on my wedding day.I asked my husband for some words to add to this page. He said, "Wearing a wedding dress, lucky I found a groom." I thought that was hilarious so I included it here.
I used watercolor ppr for the bottom sheet, and also for the blue pieces behind the photo. I came across a technique Tim Holtz used in an old Creative Keepsake magazine. Dab distress ink on a crafters mat, spray water on ,put paper on. Dry. I used Dylusions, and put on a couple layers. The blobs of different colors are Twinkling H20s. I made different colors of flowers here, but it was too busy already, so I put on one. Its a peach color on the left of the butterfly, made out of a coffee filter I dipped in twinkling h20s and water.
The dusty attic to the left of the photo was gesso, then 2 colors of the twinks, then crackle, then lumieres in a pale turquoise, because it was too purply.
An earring on the top right of the pic is from my sis. It's sterling, marcasite, and opal. She's given me a lot of good stuff, and you can see it throughout my gallery, if you care to,lol.
The clear butterfly is made from clear gel medium and a Martha Stewart stencil. It's raised about an inch off the page on a wire coil.
The little pink cherry blossoms at the edges are sculpy clay and a mod podge mold.
The sunlight here is so strong because I slept too late, followed by dissatisfaction with the first round of pics I took. I didn't have the patience to wait till tonight to photo in the soft evening light. I do enjoy the extreme gleam on the bling though!