This potion wasn't made using corn syrup as the base, but rather resin. It was used so the micro beads (eggs) would stick to the side of the bottle. The "egg sack" on the top of the bottle was made by carefully sculpting low temperature glue from my glue gun over the lid. Once cooled I used several colors of paint to get the aged and distressed look you see.
My son and I added a little bit of brown paint to Diamond Glaze in a paper cup. then we added micro beads. We then activated resin and added the bead mixture to it. The mixture was carefully added to the bottle and swirled around the edges until it set into drips and blotches.
E600 is my adhesive of choice when securing the cork or lid into the opening of each bottle top which protects the contents.
the tag was one I had in my stash and it was stained with Walnut Stain ink.
A plastic spider, hot glued to the side of the jar completes this creepy potion bottle.