Sometimes, I need something a little easier: I have been using the Sizzix full size alphabet dies to cut my own chipboard letters.
1. Slather a pie of chipboard with glue stick.
2. Add paper while the glue stick is still wet.
3. Set under a phone book or something flat to dry while you continue working your project, for about 10 mins.
4. Cut your letters on the sizzix die cutting machine, just as you would with regular paper.
5. Pop out your letters and they are ready to add to your project!
Just make sure you are using acid-free chipboard or the chipboard will not be near your photos.