Here is how I did it:
1 piece pp
1 piece CS
5-20 standard card envelopes 4.25"x5" ish
1. Cut the Card Stock into 6x12 strips (two).
2. Cut the patterned paper into 6x12 strips (two).
3. Cut one of the CS strips at 5", 6.5", and 7". You get pieces 6x0.5, 6x5 (two), and 6x1.5.
4. Glue one 5x6 piece to the back of one of the PP strips, lining up with one end of the pp. Fold along edge.
5. Glue the 1.5 Piece next to that. This is like reassembling your CS strip along the back of the PP strip. Fold along the edge to make another crease.
6. Glue the other 5x6 piece to the back of one of the PP strips, lining up with one end of the pp. Fold along edge.
7. Overlap the other PP piece along the pp with the edge butting up against the last crease made. This will lengthen the pp piece. Glue well.
8. Glue the 0.5 Piece next to the last cs strip glued. Put the ends of the ribbon between the cs strip and the pp to form the handle and then firmly glue the cs to the PP. Make sure it loops straight (no twists). Fold along the edge to make another crease.
9. Find something large and round, about 9" or more in diameter--I used the lid to something. Measure 1" from the edge of the last CS piece glued and mark with pencil. Line up your round object to each mark to form a curve for the flap. Trace and then cut out.
10. Glue the 6x12 piece of CS to that, trimming off the excess to form the curve of the flap.
11. Use velcro another type of fastener to hold the flap down.
12. Fold the flaps of the envelopes backwards. Put the envelopes in a stack all facing the same way.
13. Put adhesive along the sticky strips of the envelope and press the stack together.
14. Put adhesive along the bottoms of the envelopes and press together in the stack. Put adhesive on the back of the last envelope and glue to the back of the purse so the envie openings face the front of the purse (when you open the purse that is what you should see.
15. Embellish! And make cards to put in the envelopes.