1. Using Photoshop Elements, open up 'Edit and Enhance Photos' option.
2. Open the image you want to use.
3. Go to the Layout menu and choose 'Duplicate Layer' and click 'OK'. (this is the layer you will work on)
4. Go to the 'Enhance' menu and choose 'Convert to Black and White' and click 'OK'.
5. Now click on the Eraser tool on the left-hand side and rub out the black and white layer to reveal the colour underneath.
6. When you have finished, go to the 'Layer' menu and choose 'Flatten Image' and this puts the two pictures together and you can then save it as a JPG.
Hope these are clear enough for you. If you have any questions, just pm me back and I'll try and help.