Handmade cards can lift the human heart and spread happiness. We've launched a global initiative to get handmade cards to people who are in need of an emotional boost, a smile, or a helping hand.
Hear what some of your favorite brands and designers have to say about this initiative and keep reading below to learn more.
Here's How it Works
- You send your handmade cards in our needed-themes (blank inside - with no personal message) to Cards for Kindness by Creative Kindness.
- We organize and distribute the cards to cancer foundations, hospitals, shelters, retirement homes, children's homes and other organizations in need. (See our partner organizations here.)
- The cards are used by nurses, doctors, staff members, counselors, parents and volunteers who add handwritten messages of encouragement and love before giving them to patients, children and other people in need.
Many of these cards will become very special mementos that will be kept and cherished for years or even decades to come.
Together we can lift hearts around the world with handmade creativity and kindness and make a difference in so many lives. We have already received and delivered thousands of cards and we're just getting started. We cannot do it alone.
To print out all the Cards for Kindness information you need, see here!
Are you interested in making and sending cards for the Cards for Kindness initiative?
We require a minimum of 10 cards per submission in order to streamline the processing and distribution - but you can include cards from any of the approved themes listed below. Each card must be handmade/homemade.
If you are unable to send 10 cards, please try to coordinate with friends or family or other crafters in your area and have them help so you can pool your efforts.
Card submissions also need to be accompanied by a submission form.
Card Themes We Currently Are In Need Of:
- "Just for You" or "Just a Note" cards for women and men
- "Thinking of You" cards for women and men
- "Happy Hello" cards for women and men
- "Happy Birthday" cards for adult males and teens
- "Miss You" cards
- "Kindness" themed cards
- Motivational (for children and teens): Ideas for this type card include sayings such as, "Thanks for being amazing," "I believe in you," "You matter so much," "You are awesome," and "You can do it."
The following cards listed below are less-needed. Please consider sending us card themes we are currently in need of.
- Christmas and Valentine's Day
- Congratulations / Wedding / Anniversary / Baby
- Inspirational / Motivational (for adults)
Cards for Kindness truly appreciates the effort and thoughfulness you have put into creating cards. As requested by many of our partner organizations, we are unable to send cards that contain personal information such as company or business names, websites, email addresses, and phone numbers. We kindly request that volunteers refrain from any type of solictation or personal information on the cards that are sent in.
If you would like to personalize your cards by writing or using a stamp, we suggest using a simple "Mady By" or similar stamp with your first name or initials, which would be wonderful touch to your card. Thank you for helping to support our mission of providing beautiful meaningful creation for anyone in need!
Recommended Card Size:
- A2 cards with envelopes (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). Please send cards with coordinating envelopes.
- Though our recommended size is A2, we are accepting any card size as long as it has a coordinating envelope included with it
Minimum Number of Cards:
- 10 cards per package shipped to Cards for Kindness by Creative KindnessPlease Note:
- Cards may have stamped sentiments inside, but we respectfully request no handwritten messages inside the cards so that they may be filled out by our partner organizations.
- Please consider sending cards with the themes listed above. These are the themes that our partnering organizations are most in need of.
- Please do not send store-bought, commercially produced, or recycled/previously used cards.
- We do not accept store bought cards, commerically produced cards, or previously-used cards.
- Though appreciated, we do not accept cash or check contributions of any kind.
- At this time, we are only accepting handmade cards. Please do not send handmade bookmarks, albums, bags, gift tags, or other projects.
How to Send Your Cards
Whether you've created 10 cards or 100 cards, now it's time to ship them to us to be distributed to those in need.
1. Print out and fill out our required submission form
2. Put the cards with their coordinating envelopes (they do not need to be inside of their envelopes)
3. There is no need to pre-package your cards in plastic or tissue paper. Simply place them in a box with some peanuts, tissue paper, or other protective material, place your submission form on top, and send them our way! Our mailing address can be found on the submission form.
4. We will send you an email when we have processed your cards. Keep in mind that due to the amount of cards we receive, it may be a little while before we get to your batch. We appreciate your patience (and generosity!).
Are you an organization that would benefit from receiving handmade cards?
Let us know by getting in touch here.
Before you send your cards to us, remember to take a photo and share your cards on social media using the hashtags #CardsForKindness #CreativeKindness and #scrapbookcom to spread the word!
You can also tag and follow cardsforkindness_official and creativekindness_official on Instagram! Please be sure to follow our Creative Kindness Facebook page as well!
Thank you for creating cards to support our mission to help those in need through handmade creativity!
Creative Kindness Foundation is an Arizona nonprofit (EIN:88-35822253). Any donation or volunteer expenses incurred since June 2022 may qualify as a charitable contribution, which may be eligible for a tax deduction depending on your individual situation. Please consult your tax advisor regarding your personal situation.
Cards for Kindness in the News
Cards for Kindness Wins Award of Special Recognition
Good Morning Arizona - Something Good: Cards for Kindness
Mesa Native Builds A Scrapbook Empire