In this episode of Life Handmade, we sit down with vibrant artist and designer Dyan Reaveley. Hear about her childhood filled with basic crayons and walls full of magazine clippings and later how an unfortunate accident left her struggling as a young mother of 4. It was many years before she discovered her “accidental career” in teaching art and creativity, where she also began learning about and discussing mental illness. In this inspiring interview, Dyan relays the importance of moving past the fear of failing at art and the best ways she’s uncovered to foster improved mental health in herself.
- More Info on the Life Handmade Podcast
- Scrapbook.com: Store and Community for Crafters
- Dyan Reaveley's products at Scrapbook.com
- Dyan's Paint Pens
- Collage Sheets
- Instructional videos: How to Journal the Dylusions Way with Dyan Reaveley
- Instructional videos: Art Journaling Ideas and Inspiration with Dyan Reaveley
- Instructional videos: Soul Healing Art with Dyan Reaveley
- Art Therapy Benefits and History on the Scrapbook.com blog
- Podcast Music by Mindy Gledhill
- Podcast Cover Art Projects by Flora Farkas
You can find every episode of Life Handmade here!