September 2019 New Layouts and cards.

Please sign in to view the rest of the posts in this topic.
  • Abby0317
    Welcome to the New Layouts and cards for the month of September . We would also love to see any other project you'd like to share.

This thread is for sharing love on all new projects shared here. If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO challenges and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say!

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts or cards at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.

So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

• Abby0317
    Part 2 of the thread Intro post:
    Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread:
    1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread.
    2. Scroll down to where it says "Share"
    3. Click "Link & Embed Image"
    4. Click on "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little dot is in front of that phrase now.
    5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "Larger".
    6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below:
    7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

• Abby0317

Part 3:
    Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. 
    Hostesses

September---Cathe
    October---Laura
    November----
    December---Jane

• Abby0317
    ***Birthday List**    If you'd like to be included here send a message to the current month's hostess-we'd be happy to add you!
    Laura January 11
    Cheryl January 13
    Danielle February 11
    Denise February 13
    Ashley March 1
    Cathe March 18
    Jeannie April 3
    Katy May 1
    Kimberly June 8
    Jane June 14
    Terry August 5
    Anna December 24
  • Abby0317
    Here you go ladies----  I still don't have a definitive answer from SB but it seem that because I shortened the thread that was the problem.  But what a pain to have the intro post in 4 parts.  I'll let them know what I did and we'll see....
  • Anna C
    FridayThe13th.gif
  • Anna C
    Good morning!

I posted here first this morning and then went back to the August thread to post something.  It would not let me....said I could not double post.  Oh well......I'm here now.

Thanks Terry for all that you did to get this new thread up.  You will have to give us all a lesson in how to set up the new thread.  Glad you insurance issue is resolved.

Denise, so sorry you are not well.  You will be in my prayers for a complete healing.

Hello to everyone else.  Have a great day!
  • OnlyJane
    Terry I see this one, so I will post on it.  I see where Anna said she could not post on the August one.  That is interesting how you had to do the intro in all those parts.  It would seem to me, if they are trying to reduce space, they could eliminate so many old,  not used forums which would give them lots of space, at least in my simple mind of thinking.  Thanks for all the time you have spent on this.

Hi Anna, any special weekend plans?  Nothing special here at the moment.  Will watch the Volunteers (UT) play but so far they are not doing good at all.  Lost the first two games, hopefully they can win this one before they face Alabama, Georgia, Florida (Gators) which they never seem to be able to win those.  I feel sorry for them playing tomorrow as it is still going to be hot.  Like your Friday the 13th.

Denise thinking about you this morning, when do you have the scan of your stomach?  Prayers on going for you.

Ashley where are you, hope all is well.

Hi to everyone, have a good day.

• Abby0317
    Back this morning to see if anyone found this thread!!  I did email SB about what I found out and hopefully the next hostess won't have to split this out 4 times.  
    Anna:  I just read that copying a post from one thread to another is an issue here now.  Since so many of us are on more than 1 thread (I must be the only one) that double posting is apparently a problem.  And Happy Friday the 13th to you too.  It's Palindrome week as well  Are you feeling more comfy at work?
    Denise:  I sure hope you are feeling better today.  And that you get good news from your doctor and med tests!!  I'm not sure I finally have my ins woes fixed but I'm hopeful!  Who knows what those people are going to do.  I know several people who have had horrible med bills that they could never ever pay off.  To a one, they filed medical bankruptcy to take care of it.  
    Jane:  I agree.  I have been thru these dramatic software changes both in the programs I used for my work and in Microsoft.  It's not fun but patience and time will heal all problems.  Now that SB knows via my emails that our problem with "block"-ing was the size of the post---meaning how many characters were in the post.  Seems like the new platform only likes small amounts.  We'll see....
    Ashley:  hope all is well with you and your family (mainly meaning that your sister isn't causing more drama)
    Cathe:  hoping your camping trip is going well
    Danielle:  how was your time with your nephews?
    Cheryl:  I am wondering if we will ever have you back here 
    Katy:  How's CA doing?  Hope you are having fun and things are well.
    Laura:  I wanted to tell you that we were supposed to see Beale St on our May vacation but since the Mississippi flooded we couldn't stay there in Memphis and had to travel east about 100 mi to find a spot to park the trailer.  So I missed it which really was sad.
    Take care all...
  • Rockmom
    The link.didn't work as you know but I found it anyway. No news on ct scan yet. Haven't eaten since wed evening. Afraid of the consequences. Eventually I will need to eat. I am drinking water.

Thanks again Terry for your work on the threads..
  • Rockmom
    Just got news. My xxxxxx insurance denied the ct scan. I wish them my symptoms, jerks. Let's see them have diarrhea and awful pain every other day and have any semblance of a life.
  • Lcmemories
    Yay!! I found you again! 
  • Lcmemories
    Denise, I am sorry about the insurance issues.  You may be able to get your doctor's office to help you with that.  I had a little hiccup with getting approval for some of my tests early on, and I went to the insurance processing office, and they recoded something and resubmitted the insurance approval request.  I know that is super vague and probably not helpful, but maybe someone in there can help.
  • Rockmom
    Laura, yes. Dr office submitted. Denied. May do an xray. Have to decide which route to go next.
  • Scrapkaty
    Goooood Friday the 13th, Harvest Moon afternoon! 
    WOW! So, how do you like the new forums? Or are they now referred to as "conversations"?..  Thank you, Terry, for creating a new thread for us all.
    It's been so long since I last checked in I forgot my password and it took me forever to think of a new one. 
    So, how is everyone?
    Denise, I'm sorry that the insurance denied the ct scan...  
    Terry, I'm doing fine... I went a couple of weeks ago to see my sis. She's doing great.. and busy now that she has made a lot of new friends in NV. She and her DH have a lot of bar b que's and invite close friends and neighbors. I've been to some... quite fun!! The majority of the males... and one female... are retired law enforcement.  And they always gather around and swap stories. 
    Jeannie is now a grandmother... I don't know if I mentioned it before... I told her I was going to let her tell you all, but I don't think she's been on here for months. Anyway....Aspen Wilde von Brauch-Correa was born April 14th. He is such a cutie! I should get sis to come on here and share some of his photos.. she only has about 4,895 of them so far!
    Nothing new with me. LOVING my newly painted scrap room. I come in here a lot, but never sit and scrap... mostly to pay bills and play in my "happy Planner"... another addiction of mine. Hey, it keeps me motivated and organized... and it is a form of creativity since I am currently experiencing a major scrapping block.
    DD #1 is going to school AND interning at an accounting firm in the SF Bay Area.... she makes $26 an hour.. I didn't know interns were paid!?!
    DD #2 is also going to school (nursing) and is working at a hospital in Ashland, OR...  She has a new feller and they are pretty serious... He is an RN at the same hospital..
    DD #3.... well, she's still trying to figure out what she wants to do in life. She took off this semester and is thinking of changing course in what she wants to major in... She's currently waitressing at a fancy restaurant north of SF while she tries to figure out which way she wants to go..
    Speaking of DD #3 she should be here soon. She's coming home to visit for a couple days so I'd best go make sure the spare room is aired out and clean..
    Have a wonderful day everyone!

• Scrappin 2
    Good morning!
    Sorry I couldn't keep up while camping. We had a great time. It was really hot all 3 days. Our campsites were beautiful, right on Sangchris Lake. There was a wonderful breeze. It took about 25 min to get into Springfield (Illinois). The Lincoln museum was wonderful. Touring his home was so cool--to think he stood in those same rooms! We did everything "Lincoln".

Denise- yes, of course I will pray for you! (I actually do include all my sb.com friends every night). I get so mad that insurance companies tell doctors what they can and can't order. How did our legislatures let this happen??

Terry- fingers crossed your claim will go through now. I too, know of a couple who filed for bankruptcy due to medial bills.
    Cutting thorny bushes does not sound fun.
    We couldn't get the camper out because of the mud. Doug and Rum were going to take out a post in order to get the camper out --because it is a tight fit through the gate on dry ground. Well the post fell apart as it was all rotted. We need a new fence. Great .

Laura- Thanks for sharing your LOs. Love how you are documenting your son's life. I didn't (and don't ) scrapbook my two kids' lives. I started scrapping when Granddaughter Nev was born. She's almost 20 years old now. --and with 5 grandkids in total, I don't go back and scrap my kids. Plus I can't remember a whole lot about cute things they did. Plus cameras weren't near as good as they are today. I have some very dark photos.

We were in Springfield on Sept. 11 and with flags at half-staff we were reminded on 911.

Katy- don't be a stranger. Yes tell Jeannie we want to see pictures and she should start scrapping that little guy's progress. It was great hearing about your daughters. Sounds like they are doing well.

Danielle- are you home yet?

Ashley- Please return. Miss you.

Anna- Glad this job is going well and Bucky is working.
    In Springfield we went past a power plant run on coal. I found that interesting. Actually they have two.

I talk to Cheryl on Messenger. She has so much going on right now that she doesn't get to her computer. Her DH is not healing from the hip surgery, her DD really needs her help with the kids, and of course there is work. Hopefully life will get easier for her and she can return. I know she misses scrapping.

I'd better get going. I'm meeting my friend Sue at the Stampin Up Open House. Michelle - the SU demonstrator I'm under and her friend have a fun Open House with samples and prizes. It will be mostly Christmas card ideas.
  • Rockmom
    Terry, I forgot to say that tension in crocheting comes with practice. Experiment holding the yarn in your non.hook.hand different ways until you find the one that works for you. Make a purposeful effort to make each stitch the same tightness. Eventually it becomes second nature.
  • Lcmemories
    Cathe, your camping trip sounds wonderful. I would love to visit Springfield some day.  

Denise I am sorry about all the medical issues. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi  Katy!! I loved hearing about your daughters. 

Terry, I am keeping my fingers crossed that your insurance issues are resolved. 

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday!
  • Lcmemories
    Here is my latest project.  This is still a work in progress, but I wanted to share a couple of pages:

• Scrappin 2
    Laura, your junk journal is terrific. What is a pamphlet stitch?
  • Anna C
    70328419_3262617527114255_80602048147488
  • Scrappin 2
    Denise - I was with my friend Sue yesterday. Her husband is having gut issues. The gastro doc put him on a diet. He can't eat anything that is considered a "root" food. ----which doesn't leave a lot to eat. I think the doc wanted him to try it for a month and he said he'd try it for two weeks. I'll have to get up and get the name of his conditions out of my purse. I'll let you know what it is. He has an appointment at the University of Wisconsin at Madison for another opinion.
    Did I tell you all that my knee hurts from the two days of sightseeing? Well it does. It is ok if I stay off of it. I iced it at first and last night put heat on it.

Have a nice Sunday everyone!
  • Anna C
    What does flat and threaded mean? It is the two boxes above the forum title.
  • Rockmom
    Anna, I don't know
  • Rockmom
    Cathe, yeh poor guy. If my xray and sonogram on Monday dont show anything im.going to try to eliminate things to see if I cant get to the cause of this issue.
  • Abby0317
    Morning---we are headed into 4 days of significant rain--not just misty stuff.  I'm good with it!  Went out to the dog trial yesterday just to say hi to some friends.  
    I still haven't heard from SB gurus on my find but we'll see.  
    My whole goal today is getting the laundry done, Cricut cutting out a huge banner for the store, and coloring some Sherri Baldy kids.  Maybe making some sauce and having spaghetti tonight.  That sounds good on a rainy day....

Anna:  I have no idea what those terms or boxes mean.  I have threaded but that's how it came when the switch happened.
    Ashley:  please come & check in....
    Cathe:  thanks for the update on Cheryl.  I am so sad to hear Karyol isn't healing---it must be really hard on her.   I'm having a problem with one foot and it almost feels like I fractured the outer bone but who knows.  I saw a dear old friend yesterday and we were laughing at how our conversations have changed over the years from "wow...that guy has a cute bottom" to "well, I'm having surgery and here's the awful & expensive medicines I take".   And now its"  "what supplement ins do you have and does it cover drugs".  Anyway, Hoping your knee feels better soon!
    Danielle:  are you back in ID yet?  Did you get the money FIL owed you?
    Denise:  Thank you for that!  I have been practicing and I realized right off that I need to only have about a 2 in working thread on my finger.  Otherwise I get too loose.  Now I'm trying to get consistent with the sides since it seems I drop stitched there---or at least it looks like I do.  I sure hope the dr figures out what is going on with your stomach since you cannot quit eating!!  Is it the stomach or the intestinal tract?  Wish I could help!
    Jane:  Are you still having really hot weather?  
    Katy:  How awesome to hear from you!!  Sounds like your daughters are all doing well and in this day and age that's an accomplishment!  You need to go visiting the one in Ashland when the Shakespeare festival is gong on.  That is on my bucket list!!!
    Laura:  I had never heard of travel journals.  I really like what you've done to yours.  Imagine using a CD envelope for photos!!

Time to gather up and do something!!
  • Lcmemories
    Pamphlet stitch:  There are 3 holes.  You take the thread or twine that you are using and go through the middle hole leaving a "tail" hanging on the inside of the spine, go outside the spine and back through the top hole and then down through the third bottom hole.  Come back up the middle hole, and tie that to the tail that was left hanging from the first stitch.  When you tie that tight, it keeps the insert of papers bound to the cover.  I always machine stitch several of my papers together before binding those in a book.
  • Anna C
    I found the answer to my question regarding flat or threaded.

Threaded - When people reply to a specific post, their replies will show up underneath that post. (Recommended)

Flat - All posts will show in the order they were shared.

My box is highlighted for threaded.  Is your arrow pointing up or down (the arrows next to the flat or threaded boxes)?

• Lcmemories
    My box is showing the this as showing up flat, not threaded.    Interesting.
  • DNA301
    Hi! I couldn't find this thread at all LOL! This new system is strange and unusual.
  • Anna C
    My box is up and threaded.  I'm trying to figure out how to get it so that my last post shows up first so that I know where I left off.  If you or anybody knows how to set it to do this, please let me know.  TIA.
  • Anna C
    Agreed Ashley.  Glad you found us.  How's your Dad doing?  Everybody else ok?  

It is going to take some adjustments to get used to this system.  
  • Anna C
    marvellous_monday.gif
  • Scrappin 2
    Oh I didn't know that had a name! Thanks.
  • Scrappin 2
    I know Ashley!! It is the choice of "other" that really gives you no clue that we are in that category.
  • Scrappin 2
    Monday 8:34
    Boy of boy I slept late.
    I was really busy yesterday preparing for the kids to come to dinner.
    I made the salad except for adding the tomatoes and mushrooms.
    I made apple crisp too.
    Van (age 13) didn't come. He didn't feel good as his allergies were really bothering him. He also went to a bonfire Friday night, played soccer game in the mud on Saturday --maybe it was two. Doug thought he was beat.
    I think his cousins were sad he wasn't here.

Terry- yes, now our conversations are often medical. ugh.

My knee feels good first thing when I get up, but it will stiffen up as I sit here.
    I'm supposed to meet my friend Carole, but I don't know..............
    The get together with the friends for tomorrow fell through. One of the guys has ................get this Denise...............intestinal problems!

Denise- my friend's husband was diagnosed with SIBO. ....but he is going to Mayo for another  opinion. I hope you can get back to feeling good again. It must be awful.

Anna- I do wish I could start at my last post. There is a place to ask questions of the staff. Perhaps since I  have the time I can ask about it.

Everyone have a nice day.
  • Abby0317
    Morning!  From what I understand if the up arrow is clicked or green the last post will show first.  I'm going to try that as soon as I'm done as I think its a great idea.  The pages seem longer than the old platform too.
    Hey Ashley!!!  Glad you found us but I have no earthly idea how to mark threads or conversations (as they are now called) in your favorites.  I think the staff here needs to have a "how to" page!
    Anna:  Flashbacks to Billy Crystal's mah--vellous!
    Cathe:  SIBO?  that just doesn't sound good at all!  Poor Van!  I feel so bad for people with allergies....
    Denise:  how are you feeling today?

I'm watching a lot of YouTube lately on card & sb techniques plus crocheting and how to.  I need to get off the tuff and do something....
  • Abby0317
    Yep that up arrow works!
  • Southernlady2
    hello there

well my parents left early this morning. it was nice of them to come here. we did a lot of stuff. had a nice time with them. I miss them already and my oldest dog miss my dad. I will see them at Christmas time.  no we haven't got the rest of the money from fil. he is a pain in the butt.
  • OnlyJane
    Good afternoon,
    Guess I did not check in this weekend, hmmm not sure why, no reason.  
    Our weather is still hot and dry, may make it to 95 today, guess I will need to water.
    Danielle glad you enjoyed your time with your parents.  Did you have fun with your nephew?  I know I enjoy my time with granddaughter, she will be 1 year old on Nov. 1st., but boy am I tired when she leaves.
    Ashley glad your found the thread.  If you go to the top of our post, September 2019 you will see a heart on the right hand side, click it which makes it turn red and it will be in your favorites.  If there is a post you want in your favorites I think at the bottom of the post there is a heart, same procedure on clicking.  Don't want to keep it, click and the red disappears.
    Anna, hope your week goes well.
    Cathe, my goodness your as busy as ever.  Glad you had a good time camping.  Yes I have noticed that as we age we talk more about health, meds.  It can be helpful.  I have digestive issues also, in fact, will be having an endoscope stretch the middle of Oct.  I still think there is something the dr. hasn't found yet that is causing some of the problems.
    Denise I hope your tests today will give some answers for you.
    Terry, is it still raining, if so send some of it to Tn, we are so dry, all the trees are starting to look parched,
    Laura your journals look so nice.
    Hi Cheryl in case you have a chance to check in here.
    Hi Katy
  • Rockmom
    Hot my tests done. Waiting for answers. The sonogram tech dug around on my right side a long time over my gallbladder. Hmmm maybe? Will see. I hope to hear from the dr tomorrow but who knows
  • Abby0317
    Here's a card I've worked on for a very dear friend from RI / GA.  TFL.

• Abby0317
    Boy Denise, gall bladder issues are sometimes extreme especially if a stone is trying to pass thru to the liver.  I had 3 stones the sizes of quarters that they removed.  Lots of nausea, pain in the back, and gut.  I hope they find out what your issue is but I hope you don't have this.
  • Lcmemories
    Hello everyone! Just checking in quickly.  It looks like a  busy week ahead. I will check back when I can.
  • DNA301
    Hi! Worked on the third floor lab today. I had to open the lab and it was a disaster. The people who worked there on Friday left an enormous mess and, when I got there this morning, two of the machines out of three were down. I was just glad I got there early enough to get everything sorted before the samples started coming in. Mondays use to not be busy but now they're crazy busy for some reason. The only really slow day in that lab is Fridays now.

Anna- My dad's doing alright. He was at the pulmonologist last week and was told there was no change. That's actually what we're hoping for. As long as everything stays the same, that's the best we can ask for.

Cathe- I was going to make cookies today when I got home from work but then my sister came over (she had a fight with her husband) and we watched "Dancing with the Stars" so the cookies never got made.

Denise- My mom has gall bladder issues but they won't remove her gall bladder because she's immunosuppressed from her Lupus medication. Now they think my sister is having similar problems.
  • Anna C
    Good morning!  

Love the card Terry!

Denise, hope you get some answers soon!

Ashley, glad your Dad is holding his own!

Hello to everyone else and have a great day!
  • Scrappin 2
    Tuesday 10:22 am
    I really dislike that our posts don't show the date....the hours and days just don't work for my brain.

Denise- Hope the tests show what is wrong!

Ashley- Were you named manager or lead tech ? I just wondered since you said you had to clean up the lab.
    Glad to hear your Dad's condition hasn't deteriorated. --oh your poor Mom dealing with gall bladder problems with no solution.

Terry- Your cards are gorgeous!! I finally got into your gallery.

Danielle- it is nice your parents could stay with you.
    Yesterday on tv some talk host said there are only 100 days til Christmas! Time will fly.
    So sorry you can't seem to get your money back.

Have a nice day everyone.
  • Scrappin 2
  • Scrappin 2

I think I have one more Camping themed to do. then I'd better get going on a baby album for my nephew and his wife. Baby is due in October!
  • OnlyJane
    09/17/19
    1:16 PM Eastern Time
    Good afternoon,
    Just stopping by to say hi and hope everyone's day goes well.  Still hot and dry.   Guess I better water today.  
    Terry your cards are gorgeous.
    Bye

Please sign in to view the rest of the posts in this topic.