October Photo Fun '19

Please sign in to view the rest of the posts in this topic.
  • Desilu3131
    WELCOME TO October 2019 PHOTO FUN 

Through this group I've made some wonderful friends and enjoy meeting new friends in our group each and every month. If you are joining for the first time this month, you're in for a treat - what a FABULOUS group of caring/sharing women. Welcome everyone!

Lots of us have cameras we use now and again for a snapshot or two. Some of us have new cameras itching to be put to use and get more familiar with. Sound like FUN?! It IS!!!! Get your camera out and USE it. Just take pictures, share pictures, and stretch your camera use beyond where it is today. We all love photos -and photos are the heart and soul of our scrapbooks. Let's take GREAT photos - Experiment. Try different lighting, try "on location" shoots -even if that means taking an orange outside and taking it's photo on the lawn.

RULES: 

1- Take 10 photo's throughout the month. These can be of what ever you choose. You may post them at any time (just try not to post all at once). Please link them to your gallery for easy access for comments.

2 - NO STRESS - if you aren't having fun it's not worth doing

3 - Comments - We all LOVE comments on our photos so please make an effort to visit/comment as possible, but --- 
    SEE RULE 2 - NO STRESS. If you don't have time to comment on photos (or can only comment on some) that's FINE!

4 - MISSING PHOTOS - SO WHAT? See rule 1 - NO STRESS. Life gets in the way - it happens to all of us. Post your photos when you can - See RULE 1 - NO STRESS 

Just join in and SHARE!!!

How to upload a photo
    1.Go to your gallery. Top right you will see Add Projects.
    2. Choose File and Upload. If you upload more than 1 file you can categorize them in "Same" or "Seperate" Projects.
    3. Select Image Type.
    4. Add Title and Description to your photo. You have the option to categorize also. If you keep your photos somewhere specific be sure to add them to the appropriate album. Make sure to "SAVE" your changes if you add them to an album. The SAVE button is at the bottom of the pop up box, you'll probably have to scroll down to see it. 
    5. If you choose to submit an image for our end of month contest, please be sure to mark the "ALLOW EMBEDDING" 
    6. Click Submit. Your photo will now be in your gallery. 

How to add a clickable image to your post.
    1. Pull up the image you wish to share in your gallery.
    2. To the right of your photo you will see LINK (there will be a Facebook & Pinterest button next to it). Click the link.
    3. When the box comes up mark the IMG Code. Here you can also choose the size of the image you want to add to the thread. Click on the code box..it will turn purple. Right click on it to copy.
    4. Next, go to the thread where you want to post your image. Click in the text space and paste your code with a right click of your mouse. 
    5. TaDa!!! You did it! 

October Minis:

1. Fall Leaves
    2. Grim
    3. Pumpkin
    4. Magic
    5. Apple
    6. Old
    7. Something Scary
    8. Chilly
    9. Moon
    10. Web
  • Desilu3131
    giphy.gif
  • Linnny
    Hey dearies!!!! Lori, love the "October"!!!!
    Cool mini's!!!!

• Desilu3131
    Hi Linda...missed you!
  • SusanneG
    Hi! I am finally back here! Love the "October", fall is my favorite season and October is my birth month, so I love it
  • Desilu3131
    Morning!

Hi Susi!
  • Linnny
    Gooooood day!!!!!
    Missed you too Lori!!!
  • Rockmom
    Hello.
  • Desilu3131
    JCI
  • Desilu3131
    Night
  • Linnny
    gOod night!
    Deen went home tonight. He's been here since Friday.... It's gonna be a very quiet morning !!! Waking up with this kiddo is such a pleasure!
    Nightie nite
  • SusanneG
    We had a rainy day here and so I cleaned a little bit and then started knitting a sweater for our little grandson. A bigger one, because he is always hungry and growing like crazy
  • Linnny
    well, I was right....it was a very quiet morning here
    but the day got better; I received the name of the person I will be Secret Santa for!!!!
    later
  • Desilu3131
    Evening. Checking in on my phone. Have tried to get on SB.com ALL day on the computer....no dice. I've been on the computer many times today and get to other things no problem. This site just sits with a blank screen
  • Desilu3131
    Morning! Still no luck getting on the site via my computer'¦ It is so weird. Anyone else having that trouble?
  • Linnny
    good morning my little chickadees!

I work off my laptop and I am not having any problems Lori.

I am having a problem with pinterest. You know how it is supposed to show how many times something of yours is pinned. Well, it stopped showing! Really annoyed....waiting to hear back from Pinterest. Not the worse thing in the world, but would like to see what people think of my cards, ya know
  • Rockmom
    Hello
  • Rockmom
    Hello again
  • Desilu3131
    Hi
  • SusanneG
    On my computer it works perfect , I hope you find out, what is wrong. A few weeks ago my facebook did not let my post pictures anymore. It works on my cellphone, but not on the computer. I never found out what is wrong. But I am no technical genie
  • Desilu3131
    Well...here I am on my computer. So weird! I ended up shutting it down and was able to get back on.

Linda....I can no longer see how many times my stuff was pinned either. It's been a while since I could. I had one pic of Jonesy that had been several hundred times....now it shows nothing.

Susi.....maybe update your FB app on your phone.

Uriah seems to be doing much better. He's only asked me to come get him a handful of times this week, lol! He has a job interview on Monday.
  • Desilu3131
    Night
  • Linnny
    Lori, I got a response from Pinterest. They said they are aware of the 'glitch' and they are 'working on it'. I like seeing how many times something is pinned.

Just swished salt/water in my mouth then put some Orajel'¦.getting this nerve like pain...thinks it's the last tooth. I HATE the dentist!!!! This has to calm down. Christopher's birthday is the 7th, so Sunday he is coming over with his gf and I invited some others....mama's cooking!!!! OY

Nightie nite
  • Desilu3131
    Morning

Linda...hope the tooth feels better. I'm not a dentist fan either.
  • Desilu3131
    JCI
  • Desilu3131
    Morning!

Had to restart my computer to be able to get on the site again....so annoying!
  • Desilu3131
    JCI
  • Desilu3131
    Evening
  • Desilu3131
    JCI

Jonesy has a vet appointment tomorrow for his shots and blood work. I'm so disgusted...he had a seizure a few days ago....he made it 111 days this time. I hate them!!!! Took him 2 days to be my fun loving dog...today he was pretty much back to his norm. Finally saw his tail wagging.

Uriah has a job interview tomorrow....sure hope he gets it! Tomorrow is weigh in day for him...fingers crossed he is down a bit. I don't know why but they weigh in on Fridays and Mondays. Maybe to keep them in check on their weekend eating. He was up just under a pound on Friday. This weekend was pretty boring for him. I think next weekend will start their actual season....that will help. We are currently looking around for a vehicle for him.....oh does he have expensive tastes, lol! Of course we are looking at something we can pay cash for. Not necessarily to his liking but he's being a good sport! Wheels, safe wheels, are what we are looking at. We are eyeing a Jeep Cherokee for him. He really wants a Jeep but not that kind. We are looking at the 4WD and safety of the SUV to get him back and forth during the Winter. He's cool with that.

Nighty-O!!
  • Linnny
    Hey dearies!

Celebrated Chris's birthday today. Had a nice day. Been a while since I cooked a good Italian meal '¦. feeling it today, but in a day my back will be happy again!

Lori, I get so upset when I read of Jonesy having one of those seizures! So sorry!

Hope Uriah gets the job! I still can't get over how he was a little kiddo when first I 'met' him!!!! Is he doing WW? Hope that scale moves!!!

nightie nite

• Desilu3131
    Linda...hope you had a fantastic time with Chris!! I'm sure he appreciates your home cookin'!!!

Uriah is not doing WW. The coach said he would help with the weight. The only thing he has helped with so far is fat shaming! Uriah was not able to do more than 2 weeks worth of running due to and injury. The physician they have on hand would not let him run anymore. He is working out with weights everyday and is in the bike club. The "hell month" is over thankfully! Now they are working out everyday in their weight room and skating everyday for about 2 hours. Uriah told me that the coach reamed one of the billet family's due to one of the kids gaining weight. That kids mom just moved to an apartment to oversee here kid and his schooling/activity. I'd love to be able to stay over with Uriah..just not possible right now. I know he would be much happier if I could. He does know that he has one of the best billet homes there and is thankful for that!
  • Desilu3131
    Morning
  • Desilu3131
    Evening
  • Desilu3131
    Morning

Taking 2 dogs to the groomer this morning, Jonesy and Twiggy. Hopefully he won't be too stressed out about it since his BFF will be with him. Puck goes tomorrow.
  • Rockmom
    Morning.
  • Linnny
    Good morning!!!!

Lori, when I read about the "fat shaming" on the part of the coach, it brought back so many memories. It's simply cruel and does not help the situation. If I didn't know I would be censored here, I would REALLY tell you how I feel, especially since it involves Uriah!!!!

Was supposed to have an mri of my knee today, but my back said to me, "no way" and I didn't need a whole lot of reasons to not go, so I canceled.

I ordered a cabinet for the craft room that needs to be put together...if you hear any cussing and screaming tonight as dh and I take on this task, that would be me!!! Poor guy, he would rather pay someone to do it, but I insist we can do it! Hey, we recently put together the bench at the foot of the bed in the craft room! Then again, it didn't have drawers....hmmmm

Have a lovely day!!!
  • Rockmom
    I'm with Linda, that fat shaming is not good. I know military and sports sometimes use that tactic. I'm not a fan. Never have been. A little encouragement goes a long way .
  • Desilu3131
    JCI

I agree...a little positivity goes much further!

Linda...hope the cabinet assembly goes well!
  • Desilu3131
    Night
  • Desilu3131
    Morning from my phone again
  • Desilu3131
    Evening....still from my phone. So stupid I can't get on from the computer.
  • Desilu3131
    Morning
  • Linnny
    Good morning!

Lori, the getting on with your computer problem is so freakin wacky!!!!
  • Desilu3131
    Linda...it's bizarr! I can click on any site I have on my favorites list and get there no problem and quickly. Click on this site and it just sits....my bar up top on my computer (where you can see how fast the computer is moving) will always just stop about a 1/4 of the way into loading. I've only had a problem with Pinterest doing it a time or two. I know this site is not nearly as busy as Pinterest. I was actually able to load the site tonight...this time anyway!
  • Desilu3131
    Afternoon! Been trying all day to get on site again. So, hi from my phone!
  • Desilu3131
    Morning!
  • Desilu3131
    Checking in. Uriah had two games today. They weren't available on the site for free to watch but at least got to read what was going on in real time. I can see the countdown of periods and who scores. He scored a goal in the first game. The game going on now is not looking too promising they are losing big-time. At least he's getting to play. This really stinks checking in for my phone. I've tried to get on the computer all day long.
  • Rockmom
    Sadie's party was a hit. Glad it's over. I'm.tired.

Headed to Missouri tomorrow.
  • Desilu3131
    Morning!
  • Linnny
    hey sweets!

I have Deen this weekend and when he got here yesterday he didn't look right. Well by the evening I was right. We were sitting in the living room and Deen ran like his butt was on fire and got to the kitchen trash can in time to give up all that was inside of him that wanted out! So glad he did, after that he seemed to feel so much better!!! And I was also thankful that he knows to run faaaaaaast!!!!

Bob and I did put the little wooden cabinet together. I really like it....I mean I reeeeeeeeeeeeally like it! So much that I mentioned to him that I would like to buy another! He gave me a look. /guess he didn't enjoy putting it together as much as I did! Oh well....
Please sign in to view the rest of the posts in this topic.