A Note From Scrapbook.com | Read Here.

HELP!!! Stampin Up Vs. Catherine Pooler Inks

• KNRider09
    I am in search of the best ink pads out there. SO I have narrowed my search to stampin up ink pads or catherine pooler. has anyone used both that can compare? I have used stampin up ink pads with the demonstrator I go to and the are always juicy and she says they last a long time. But my youtube card mentors I follow love catherine pooler. pros cons? thoughts? any input would be appreciated!
  • Kamananui
    I have used both, and while I like the SU brand, I absolutely love the CP inks. I'm not a brand ambassador, I don't get paid to endorse the CP brand, I just adore their product. The inks are so versatile and the stamp pads are a very soft foam pad making it easy to get a precise, crisp image the very first time. That said, because they are a soft foam pad, they do dry out much more quickly than SU. For that reason I recommend buying the reinker at the same time as the ink pad. The ink colors are just beautiful and they are all coordinated to work together making stamping a breeze. Give them a try!
  • KNRider09
    thanks so much for the input! this def it helps
  • Ppilgrim
    SU stamp pads were better before they switched from cloth pads to foam. They also reformulated their inks at the same time, such that they stain the heck out of polymer stamps now. The only reason to go with SU inks is if you use their other products as well and need to match colours, so I'd say go with the CP.

That said, there's ink and then there's ink -- at least 6 different types for 6 different uses. For archival, particularly if you want to colour with Copics, go for Memento. For stenciling, chalk inks or Distress Oxides work best. For watercolouring with ink, regular Distress Inks are great. Oh, and if you want to stamp on a non-porous surface, nasty old Staz-On still gives the best results. Don't forget watermark ink for embossing (there are several brands available but Versamark is the gold standard) AND -- last but not least -- Hero Hues Mid-Tones are the best I've ever used for "stamping" with embossing folders. So there ya' go, eh: 10 years' experience in a paragraph.
  • Mulan05
    I've never used CP, but I love the SU inks, although I actually don't buy the full sized ink pads. I've bought their un-inked ink spots, and the ink refils. I then make my own small ink pads. This is purely to save on storage space in my room.

I haven't noticed the ink staining any of my stamps (photopolymer or rubber), but perhaps its because I use baby wipes to clean right away?