Take an EXTRA 12% OFF Your Order! Use Code: FEB2020

New to scrapbook.com forum - hoping to get my mojo back!

• PghScrap
    Hi! New to the forums and hoping to get inspiration to get me back into scrapbooking. I am rather "simple" scrapper, nothing digital or overly embellished. And other than dabbling with a page here or there, I haven't scrapped in months.
    Any help with my scrapbook mojo is greatly appreciated!
  • Gluemore Girl
    Welcome back to scrapping Pgh! Some of the challenges have prompts to help you get some inspiration. I like the Bakers' Dozen, Sketch, etc. Check them out and hop on in the conversations. Have a great day!
  • Ppilgrim
    Mojos come and go -- it happens to everyone. When I'm feeling uninspired I switch gears for a while and do a different craft, or try something totally new, whilst giving myself permission to fail and to pitch things in the bin. I call it "playing" and it often results in happy accidents in addition to the aforementioned bin-ables.

Also, check the gallery for inspiration. There are lots of clean-and-simple scrappers here and there's even a "scraplift your favorites" challenge to get you going.. Jamie Pate is one of my favorite clean & simple scrappers and she uses her own name as a handle, so it's easy to find her projects in the gallery.
  • Lisn2cats
    Participating - or just following - some of the challenges here in the Forum is a great way to get started. I also find some of the following prompts my creativity -
    - Use only my favorite (or hated) color(s)
    - Pick a color from the photo as the accent color
    - Stare at my favorite paintings/artwork and see what happens
    - Looking at building/architecture (online or real life) - I like how windows are placed, gate and fences, city building use concrete blocks in different patters, etc.
    - Think of kids' blocks and build the page with just squares (make a pyramid, a big square with smaller squares, etc.). You can go from there - change it up to circles, rectangles etc.
    - Google simple scrapbook layouts and look at all the images