Mixed Media & Tools Sale + Free Gift | Details Here

March 2020 Layouts & Cards

Please sign in to view the rest of the posts in this topic.
  • Anna C
    Image may contain: possible text that says 'Good Night At the end of the day what really counts is it's Blessing THANKFUL THIR TEEN Be thankful for them...and let go of the rest'

Long day. Hope to be more talkative tomorrow.

Have a good night ladies!
  • Rockmom
    Ashley that sounded like fun. Your sister needs a chill pill.lol

Allergies are bad but not horrid.

Doing laundry today including Cooper's bedding. Mended Sadie's blanket and a hair is that came off the clip. Next is lunch then nap for Sadie and school for Cooper.

Cathe, yay clothes that fit!

Terry, I made a menu and grocery list yesterday. DD ordered it and will pick it up this afternoon.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before someone in Houston has the virus. It's a large international city. Mom, Tim and I are at risk with preexisting health issues. SIL working at the jail and hospital with inmates brings all the germs home. Sigh.

Later....

• Scrappin 2
    Good morning!! Monday

Ashley- The ice cream museum sounds like fun. Too bad your sister went along.

Danielle- hope you are approved to adopt the dog.

Jane- Have fun with the little one. Hope she doesn't cry. Take a picture so you can scrap her visit.

Terry- I heard on tv about the schools closing.
    Yes we are leaving on Thursday. I have brought up my summer clothes from the dresser in the basement. I have capris that fit! I suppose I should be farther along in my decisions on what to take. LOL My plan is to work on it today. .........or tomorrow.
    I'll try and get a card off to your friend Pam. I'll be sure to say that I did not see a photo of her.

Just Doug and Charity and the dog came for dinner. Van stayed home.

I'm so proud of Charity. She set up an outing for 35 high school girls to come to her company in Chicago. Most of these girls have never been out of Rockford. She isn't sure how the girls were chosen. Charity is going to talk to them about careers in STEM--Science, Technology, Engineering, Math.
    Actually she can't be there and has a video to welcome them. Then she has a couple of African American women who work in the company to speak to them as most of the girls are minorities.

Charity is going to San Fransisco for an important meeting. I sure wish it would be cancelled.

Ok, I'd better go get busy. Have a nice day.

• Abby0317
    Good morning! It's grocery day and you all know how I hate that. I had to laugh last night at the news lady here in Portland. She was all a-twitter about the stuff flying off grocery store shelves due to the coronavirus scare. And to empathize her seriousness on this story, her last line was "Even Amazon is sold out of sanitizers and that's scary". I feel lucky that I have a large bottle in the house already. The panic the news can cause!! Up in Seattle 3 more schools are shut down for intense cleaning.
    Ashley: that museum sounds like a bunch of fun!! Can't wait to hear your review on the play!
    Cathe: Did you say you are leaving Thursday? I bet you are busy packing. I make lists before we travel so packing is pretty simple.
    Jane: I spent yesterday balancing the checkbook for the last 12 mos (yep, I do it once a year!). That's step 1 in doing our taxes. I finally watched the last 2 Criminal Minds episodes. I did think the ending being all about Garcia was weird. Maybe they are prompting us unknowingly for a spin-off with just her. How fun for you to have the DGD for a day!! I sure do miss the babies.....

Hope y'all have a great Monday!
  • OnlyJane
    March 2nd at 9:50 AM - Rain and more Rain
    Good Morning,
    Never did get back on here yesterday afternoon, not sure why. Anyway yesterday was quiet without anything going on. Watched, sort of, the NASCAR race and did not find much on to watch on tv. Notice that this whole week is sort of blah, they seem to put on a few new episodes of shows, then run repeats. It looks like Wednesday we will have our granddaughter for awhile while her Mommy goes to the dentist. That will be fun, just hope she is over the crying as she is now 16 months old.
    Ashley glad you enjoyed "The Museum of Ice Cream". Sounds interesting. I read this morning that NY has a case of Corona? Not sure what to believe anymore, media loves to cause panic. In some ways I want to hide but then I know life goes on. I have decided when in Boston this time perhaps it would be a good idea to avoid the subway as they are crowded and dirty....of course elevators pack people in....
    Terry actually I don't like shopping with dh and generally avoid it (lol)!! I will not go to any craft type stores though with him. I went with him on one of his jobs, can't recall for sure which one it was, but we stayed at a Drury Hotel that was right next to a huge Mall with an Archivers in it. All you had to do is walk out of hotel, walk across a side street and you were at the Mall so when Bob went to work, I went shopping, had a ball!! How is your friend that fell doing?
    Cathe how was your dinner with family last night? Are you getting ready for your trip? Guess I will start in a day or two for ours, but sure would not be super disappointed if they cancelled the conference.
    Looks like another icky day weather wise. Notice that some of the rain is making puddles in the low spots of yards since everything is still wet from all the rain we had last month, ugh and double ugh.
    Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • DNA301
    Hi! Thank you for all the birthday wishes! My mom, sister, and I went to this art installation (they're these exhibits that pop up in random places around Manhattan, stay for a few weeks to a few months and then close) called "The Museum of Ice Cream." It wasn't really about the making of ice cream or anything. It was just a lot of art you got to run around and mess about in that was all themed to ice cream and sweets. You also got free ice cream and candy as you went through LOL! It was a good time but my sister ate something that she might have been allergic to so she was grumpy the rest of the day. Well, grumpier than she normally is whenever she has to do something she doesn't want to do.

Terry- Thanks for getting March started!

Anna- We have hand sanitizer all over work but, then again, it's a hospital LOL! Most of us are carrying our own bottles to use for when we go to lunch or come back from lunch or if we leave the hospital and come back in. One of my coworkers thinks this is the most awesome thing ever...she even said she's excited to be living through an outbreak. I think she's a little nuts.

Cathe- We're not going to the play until the middle of month. I had taken a week off in March because we were going to go to Disney. Since we're not going and it was too late for me to ask for the week off back, I decided that's the best time to go see the show LOL!
  • Southernlady2
    Hello
    Well today they had adoption at PetSmart. So we went to it and saw a dog I like. So we have to do a application flll it out. Then have to see if are dog is okay .so we see what happens . It snow here little last night.
  • Abby0317
    I found out that you cannot resize the images that are linked. Oh well!!

Anna: It's just absolutely fine to rant here. I think we've all been in jobs that we hated and can really empathize with you. I hope you do get the job you just applied for. You never know!!
    Ashley: again Happy Birthday!! I loved that one picture of your new book about Alice and all your pottery with that theme!
    Cathe: Are all the grands making a memory page for Donna? Can't wait to see yours!! Have a great day... She''d love a card and how generous of you to do it. Its Pam Bunnell, 143 Val Vista Rd, Roseburg, OR 97471. Make sure you tell her I didn't show you the photo she sent me. She was really specific about that selfie being kept to only me!!
    Cheryl: Very memorable pages for Donna's book. She seemed to be a great mentor and friend and I am sure all that knew her are grieving her loss.
    Danielle: Did you get to see more rescue places yesterday?
    Denise: How are you?
    Jane: You are a brave soul taking your hubby into the mall. I'm pretty sure the last time Steve was in a mall, Gerald Ford was President. Of course he has no problem what so ever dragging me to Sportsman shows or gun shops or sporting goods places like Cabelas. I wouldn't dream of taking him into a craft store. What a miserable outing that would be.
    Katy: how are you doing? Getting any rain at all?

I am going to work on either taxes or clearing out my office. It needs reorganizing terrible bad!!
  • Rockmom
    Oh goodness, your poor friend had a really BAD fall. Shudder. Hope she feels better soon.

Yes Cooper is doing fine. His left had is bruised up and swollen but it isn't slowing him down. SIL hurts to walk but he is toughing through it.

Overcast and blah here today.

Cheryl, how is your hubby doing. Holding his own?

Anna, hugs. It really is no fun doing a job you dislike. I pray you find a better suited one fast.
  • Abby0317
    Ashley: I hope you have a wonderful birthday!! Is today the day of the play?
    3558bbdc42e9b09cddab5e97987a415f.jpg
  • Rockmom
    Happy Birthday, Ashley!

• OnlyJane
    March 1st - 11:02 AM Sunshine

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEY! Hope it is a wonderful day for you, enjoy!

Will be back this afternoon.
  • Scrappin 2
    Happy Birthday Ashley!!!! Hope you have a great day!!

I can't stay long. I have to get ready for church.

Terry- Oh your poor friend!!!! Would she like a card? If so text me her name and address or email it to me.

Cheryl- Your LOs are such a nice tribute to Donna. I will post mine later today.

Anna- We are hear to listen.
    Perhaps you'll get the more appealing job! You didn't think you'd get this one.

Jane- Glad you dodged the snow!
    Charity is supposed to fly to San Fran this week. I hope it gets cancelled.

BBL

• Anna C
    Happy Birthday Ashley! Hope your day is extra special!

A Nice Happy Birthday Card For You.

• Cdjohnson
    Here is my second layout for that album. We are each doing 2 pages.

• Cdjohnson
    Our RSG Group is working on 8x8 layouts to do as an album in memory of Donna for her spouse. Here is my first one:

• OnlyJane
    Hi, last day Feb. 29th, Sunshine, beautiful 44
    Good afternoon,
    Cathe thanks for hosting this month and to Terry for hosting March.
    We went to the Mall this morning to just get out and look at stuff. I did not buy a thing, of course dh was with me, and he did not buy anything either. Need to get some chores like laundry done and vacuum for starters.
    Anna all we got yesterday was snowflakes off and on, no accumulation in our area, but up in the higher elevations they did get snow.
    Cathe I don't blame you for wiping things down when your in the hotels. This whole thing is getting scary, I would rather drive but Boston would be 2 or 3 days on the road, plus parking the car is expensive for the week. I did tell Bob to check and make sure the conference wasn't cancelled as some companies are doing that.
    Terry ouch for your bff, wow, 4 teeth knocked out even, poor thing, and you mentioned she had a bad knee to begin with. Hope she heals fast.
    Cheryl glad you will have some free time today.
    Denise, so sorry about Cooper's accident and your sil's accident also. Hope they are both doing o.k. today.
    Have a good day everyone!
  • Anna C
    Thanks Cathe for hosting February and thanks to Terry for hosting March! You ladies rock!
  • Anna C
    Image may contain: text and outdoor

Saturday, 2/29/2020 @ 11:18

OMG Denise! So sorry your family had such a rough day! Glad Cooper and dsil are ok. Hope they both are feeling better today.

Terry! I had no idea that you were a teller at one time! In this day and age, it is a hard job. It is very stressful and it is the lowest paid job in the bank with the most responsibility. I did apply for a position that just came open at Corporate working behind the scenes with deposits. Job posting doesn't close until mid March so won't know anything for a while. I'm really not expecting to get it but thought I would try. I am about to decide that I am too old for all of this change.

Cathe, we have several bottles of hand sanitizers at each teller station and all over the lobby. That was available before the virus but now we are wiping down our stations constantly as well as computers and phones. No, thankfully, the branch I work at does not open on Saturdays but some of our branches do open on Saturdays (drive thru only). I don't see the need for it honestly. You can get cash from the ATM as well as make deposits thru the ATM. As well as mobile deposits too.

Jane, did you get snow? We got a couple of inches of the white stuff last night and it is continuing to snow now but I do see some sunshine out there.

I know you all sick of my whining about my job. I truly am thankful for a job but I am not happy with it. I so appreciate you all letting me rant here and your words of encouragement mean so much.

Hello to the rest of the gang! Have a great day!
  • Cdjohnson
    Terry - Thanks for getting March up!!

I thought I was going to Maddie's 2 volleyball games this morning but it cancelled due to not enough girls to play. So I am going to play in my scrap room. I have to get Karyol dressed and to dialysis and drop him off then have several hours to myself.

I don't have time to go back and read everything. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Abby0317
    Steve went training and yes, the rain is back! He mowed the lawn 2 days ago and I love the smell of it. Was enjoy our 4 days of cold spring.

Cathe: it isn't windows 10 ---its this site. In order to copy highlight the text you want to copy. Right click and "Copy" appears. Then just paste the link into the https:// at the top Hit enter and you will be directed to the site. I figured out that the hyperlink icon only works if you are linking something else from SB and not from the web. Seems the people at SB are not liking llinks to other sites, whether its YouTube or SimonSaysStamp. Did you hear of that Forest Hills, CA school that completely shut down until the janitors can totally clorax the enter school inc floors, lockers, desks, chairs, etc All because 1 student was "suspected" of being around someone with Coronavirus. Holy cow!!!

I found out last night that BFF had a major OMG Thurs. She was going into the house, her toe/foot missed the step, she fell into the house doing a full face plant on the floor which according to hubby "knocked out" 4 teeth, bruised up her from head to toe, and her bad knee just got worse. I need to call her today and see if I can help her somehow. It hurts just thinking about it!!

Denise: how is Cooper doing today?

Hi everyone....just came in to check up and make sure the thread was working.
  • Scrappin 2
    I posted as Rum came in and I needed to go back to February and copy and paste Terry's links. He couldn't find the copy and paste. I know he'll mess around with it later. Sometimes he has no patience, other times I don't. LOL
    I think I will see if I can find a you tube video on windows 10.

Ashley - when are you going to the play?

Danielle- I admire you for getting the gym so often.

Anna- I use my credit card for almost everything so I don't have to touch money. Do you have to work weekends?

Have a nice day.

• Scrappin 2
    thank you Terry for setting up March.

Denise- that is quite the day Cooper had!! I'm sure glad he wasn't hurt badly. It was so sweet of him to try and help take the cup for your mom.
    It is wonderful your Dad's uniform is on display. Mom donated Dad's Marine uniform to the Streator Historical Society. She also donated his football sweater. I stop in and see it every now and then when I'm in Streator. (my hometown)

Terry- I will copy and paste the links into Words. However I can't find copy and paste!!! When Rum comes into the computer room I'll ask him. He has had Windows 10 for awhile.
    thank you for the explanation of how you did your card.

Jane- I have a friend leaving for a cruise today. I forget where they are going.
    I'm glad we are driving to Florida. We leave Thursday. I have purchased travel packages of Clorox wipes. I plan to wipe down the light switches and faucets in hotels. rum will think I'm nuts.

• Rockmom
    Yes, thank you Cathe and you too Terry.
  • Abby0317
    Thank you Cathe for hosting February!!
  • Abby0317

Welcome to the New Layouts and Cards for the month of March. We would also love to see any other project, photo or imported images you'd like to share with the group.

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. Since there are several people here try not to flood the post with too many LOs or cards. Maybe 5-7 in any post and no daily limit. Follow SB.com instructions for downloading and linking your projects.

Come by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

This is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. Please volunteer as its the easiest job you will ever have

2020 Hostesses:
    March -Terry April - Jane May - Cheryl June - July -

Lets celebrate everyone's special day. If you need added to this list, contact the current hostess and she can add you.

Laura January 11
    Cheryl January 13
    Danielle February 11
    Denise February 13
    Ashley March 1
    Cathe March 18
    Jeannie April 3
    Katy May 1
    Jane June 14
    Terry August 5
    Anna December 24

Please sign in to view the rest of the posts in this topic.