August Cards for Kindness Challenge

• Dawna.s Place
    We believe that handmade cards can lift the human heart and spread happiness! SB has launched a global initiative to get handmade cards to people who are in need of an emotional boost, a smile, or a helping hand. Want to be a part of this wonderful program? Here's how you can participate:

Program and Challenge Guidelines:

1. Create a minimum of 10 size A2 cards from the following approved theme's:

Thinking of You, Inspirational/Motivational, Get Well Soon/Well Wishes, Thank You, Sympathy, Happy Hello, Christmas, Happy Birthday, Mother's Day, Father's Day and General cards with no specific sentiment.

2. Include an envelope with each card.

3. You may use "Handmade By" stamps and sign or initial the back of your cards (optional).

4. Please do not send cards with handwritten messages in them as they are for use by staff and families to write messages for patients.

4. Complete and follow the directions on the Submission Form for each shipment.

5. For this challenge, please post photos of your cards on this thread so I can keep a running gallery on the front page.

6. Please spread a little love around by commenting and voting on your neighbors cards.

7. Please feel free to hang out and join in the chat!

Prize:

At the end of the month, if there are a minimum of 6 players, there will be a random drawing chosen at Random.org and one lucky winner will receive a $10.00 SB Gift Certificate! Good luck everyone!

Holiday Mailing Deadlines:

Christmas: Monday, Nov. 30th

Participants:

1 Dawna (aka Dawna's Place) Hostess

2 Vickie (aka Happy Go Lucky)

3 Bev (aka Scrapperbee)

Prize Eligible Cards:

1-4 6558017_5_641373.jpg #1 Cards for Kindness - August by Happy Go Lucky Scrapbook.com

5-8 6558019_5_641373.jpg #2 Cards for Kindness - August by Happy Go Lucky Scrapbook.com

Above all else have fun making your cards!

Legend: :Met 10 Card Goal Exceeded 10 Card Goal Over 30+ Your a Rock Star

• Happy Go Lucky
    I am in again. Thanks for hosting and inspiring us. This is such a worthy cause.
    Dawna - I replied to your DM the other evening. I am not sure if you noticed. Just thought I'd mention it.

Have a good week.
  • Scrapperbee
    Here I am! After two months spent completely catching up on my scrapbooking, combining and reorganizing my albums and supplies, especially stamps (found some I'd forgotten I have), I am ready to focus on making cards. Thanks for this challenge to help us focus!
  • Dawna.s Place
    Morning Vickie and Bev, So happy to see you both! Yeah, should be a better month, I know I should be able to get back to mine. I'm kind of Christmas carded out! lol Yes, Vickie, I did see you DM, glad to hear all is well. I will touch base with you soon. We need to catch up!
  • Dawna.s Place
    JCI...
  • Dawna.s Place
    JCI...
  • Happy Go Lucky

Sat down with my Big Shot and a pile of scraps. A few hours later I had created these 8 cards

• Dawna.s Place
    Oh Vickie you are so good about using your scraps, and what darling cards you created. They all just make me smile!
  • Dawna.s Place
    JCI...
  • Dawna.s Place
    JCI...
  • Happy Go Lucky
    I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
    I made a few more cards this evening, using extra Cricut cuts I had previously planned for a lo, but never used.
    I will post them tomorrow
  • Happy Go Lucky
    Here's 4 more

• Dawna.s Place
    Awe these are all SO SWEET Vickie! Working on a card at the moment, I'll be back tomorrow to pass out some sugar and update our thread. Have a great day!
  • KatieJo
    These are the ones I have done for the month so far. I don't want to be put in for the prize drawing; I just want to motivate myself to finish at least 10 for the month and though posting them here would help do that.

• KatieJo
    I tried to post the cards I'd completed here... trying to motivate myself to get the 10 total for the month done... almost to that point, but thought I'd touch base here too. My post didn't show up though. Been having some trouble with that lately. I will try again later I guess.

• Roaemer
    Hey KatieJo, you have such a nice work there! I loved the one with the watermelon. Keep it up with the good work!