We're Celebrating World Card Making Day ALL Week Long! | Details Here.

Night Owls Unite #9

Please sign in to view the rest of the posts in this topic.
  • Uoduck
    Here's our new home.
  • Uoduck
    Hello.....
  • Gigikay
    Snow??? That is crazy from 101 to that much snow.
  • Joy2crop
    I'm here.

Yes I think that is what I heard coming from Canada.
  • Gigikay
    Joy, lets hope it comes to California...not the snow, just the cooler.
  • Uoduck
    It is crazy but not unheard of. People are scrambling to get their gardens harvested.
  • Gigikay
    Oh my goodness I never thought of that. Of course they would be.
  • Gigikay
    Well, my friends. I am going to go to bed. I was up all day so I feel like I am back to normal but sleep is calling me.
  • Uoduck
    Nighty night Gigi, sleep well.
  • Joy2crop
    Night Gigi talk to you tomorrow.
  • Mickeysamiga
    Hello ladies. I'm at DD's so I've been busy all day I decided to come here and spend the day since we had to be out of the house ALL freaking day (10-5:30). DH took the dog and went over to his sisters. I'm sitting here w/both kids asleep next to me, lol.

Joy, DD said there is a fire by Shaver Lake. Fresno County but not near the city. You can see the smoke that way for sure though It was pretty hot here today too, 106* tomorrow is supposed to be 111*. I plan on going home early, lol. Although I believe we are supposed to hit 105* tomorrow. I believe we just have one showing tomorrow at 2pm so we'll just take the dog for a ride up the freeway and back, lol. It'll be too dang hot to take him for a walk.

It's funny I was watching the Ring video on our house tonight and saw that someone had drove up and what seemed like try to open the trailer door. I told DH about it and he went to check the trailer. Turns out someone thinks because we are selling the house that we might also want to sell the trailer, LOL. There was a note on the door asking if we would like to sell it and the guys name & #. That'll be DH's house for awhile he can't sell it, lol.

Jann, I just bought the GKs some Disney masks at the store today and we bought the Youth Medium. That size seem to fit both of them very well. I have both the Large and XL for myself on a handful. The large fits a little perfect where the XL seems to go further down the chin. I'll have to order some of those Halloween ones, they are cute.

Megan, WTH a girlfriend............NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! lol j/k I can't believe these kids are that old!! I mean even Macy having a BF, wasn't she just born?
  • Mickeysamiga
    Night Gigi. And sending up prayers for the little one I'm sure it so hard on her and your DD.

• Mickeysamiga
    So we watched the new Mulan tonight and I have to totally recommend it. It was soo good, I loved it. I usually don't like the live action movies but like Aladdin, they did an amazing job on Mulan!
  • Uoduck
    Cool Mickey, we where thinking about watching it this weekend.
  • Joy2crop
    Hi Mickey I was wonder if you were at your Dds . My kids were all getting together tonight at Melissa's to watch Milan they have a projector thing so they were going to all be outside to watch it. The previews look amazing, glad you said it was good.
  • Mickeysamiga
    Yeah it was worth it ladies. Although I will have to watch it again when I get home since DGD was getting a little bored and started playing around w/me, lol.
  • Mickeysamiga
    Well just wanted to pop on and say hi and see how Gigi was doing. I'm going to shut down now since my laptop is almost dead anyhow. Nighty night ladies.
  • Joy2crop
    Night Mickey.

I'm going to watch a t.v. show then the news so I might not be back on.
  • Jflanderbo
    DS loves to watch his ring video to see when people leave his house. Some are in and out in no time, others linger. And sometimes he can hear what they say about it.

I will buy the youth medium, then. The Halloween ones are on pre-order, but think they should have them by the time we leave.

People were actually trapped at a campground because of that fire by Shaver Lake.

Night, Gigi.

It's going to be 80 hear tomorrow, then not out of the 50's for highs after that for quite awhile. No snow that I know of, though.

Okay, I need to go to bed. Going to see DH in the morning. Good night, Owls.
  • Uoduck
    Night Mickey, Joy and Jann
  • CherylfromOz
    Night Gigi, Mickey, Joy and Jann, sleep well
  • Uoduck
    I'm going too, we are going for a drive tomorrow.
  • CherylfromOz
    Night Val, sleep well and enjoy the outing
  • SiobhanR
    Morning girls ~ I fell asleep last night.

I will probably be on and off today. NOTHING happening here but I want to craft which requires me to get up and move around! Yay
  • Jflanderbo
    Morning Siobhan.

I will be leaving shortly to see DH. I needed to free up my afternoon to take the girl horseback riding at my niece's.
  • Joy2crop
    Morning owls.

Enjoy your drive Val.

Siobhan sounds like a good idea for today. I hoping to get a few things cut out today.

Jann enjoy your visit with Larry.

I've been watching the news this morning with them trying to air lift a lot of people out of that fire where they are camping.
  • Jflanderbo
    I saw that, Joy. They had to airlift a bunch out and some of them were burned. That's terrible! And there's 1000 more trapped, but not in danger at the moment. I don't think I'd go camping when conditions are this dry/hot and fires are such a danger.

Okay--time to go. I will be home in between so will check back in. Hope I can convince DH to go outside. It's 69 and sunny, so should be okay.
  • Joy2crop
    Have a good time Jann, that would be wonderful if you could get him to go outside. Talk to you later.
  • MeganF
    That's right near where we just went camping with the family. It's our favorite spot
  • Joy2crop
    Oh wow Megan, they just said there are so many more stranded there .
  • Gigikay
    Morning, that is so scary. Just googled the news on the air lifts. Megan, sad that it may be a long time before people can camp there again.
    Siobhan, crafting is good. I am working on a Halloween layout. I got the paper from Close to My Heart with you Joy. The class we ordered but ended up doing at your house. It has always been my favorite Halloween paper.
    Hope Larry goes outside with you, Jann. I am so impressed about him reading the plate on the car. Proves a lot of things.
  • MeganF
    Now the challenge is to do a fall layout Gigi 🤣 with all that fall paper
  • Joy2crop
    Hi Gigi yay for Halloween pages.

Megan you guys can do fall pages, going to pick out pumpkins, or going to any harvest fairs, or that avila farms like the ones I did, pictures of picking apples, etc.
  • Gigikay
    Why yes, it is Megan...Joy we have so many fall papers from years ago....I did use some when I took the littles to Avila Barn last year. Thank Goodness
  • SiobhanR
    Well I have done nothing so far. I swear my day alone is just now starting! Need to get cleaned up then it is craft central.

Gigi hope to see what you're doing!

Jann enjoy seeing Larry and horseback riding!

Joy all those fires are just so scary!
  • Joy2crop
    Hi Siobhan, I just got done with my shower and getting ready now to clean up my little area here so I can get started chirpping away.
  • Diluvsscrappin
    Morning all,

Scrapbooking sounds like fun. I am starting to get the urge to do some which I haven't done for 6 months. The crop in Oct has me motivated.

Val, hope you have a nice ride!

Jann, that would be great if you can get Larry out in the fresh air. After being cooped up for so long I bet he will enjoy it.

It is so tragic about those campers. We used to go camping there a lot. The fires just keep getting worse, it is scary.

I am bored. Dinner is all ready to go, everything is cleaned up even the closets, I can only watch so much TV then I go nuts. When is this going to end?
  • Jflanderbo
    Home from seeing Larry. He was good, but his nurse told me he's been having some tummy issues. I've got about half an hour before heading out.

I'm living dangerously lately. Or losing my $hit. Or something. When I went into the garage this morning to feed the dog, I noticed that I left the garage door open all night. Jeez! Then, when I came home from Buffalo, I apparently left the office door open--the door we always use to go in and out. I can't believe that, but must have done it. Unless I didn't close it tightly and it blew open, because it is windy. Then I came down to my craproom and heard a noise that I thought might have been a mousetrap going off. It wasn't. A colander had fallen onto the floor in the kitchen. It was in the middle of the floor and I have no idea where it started from I might have a ghost here.
  • SiobhanR
    Joy what are you going to create!

Jann, just a ghost....just a ghost.
  • Jflanderbo
    Glad I've got a doggie for protection!

Leaving now--bbl
  • Joy2crop
    Oh wow Jann it is hard when there is so much on your mind to try to keep everything straight. It's ok I think we all do it.

Siobhan I am making DGD's jean jackets for christmas, well I am embellishing denim jackets, I bought all the jackets now I am doing the different designs to put on them, some will be in rhinestones and some sill be in metallic vinyl or glitter vinyl or combo of all 3, plus after I get the main image on the back I may add different little items on the sleeves and the front of the jackets.
  • Joy2crop
    Jann have fun horseback riding with DGD.
  • Gigikay
    Di came down and brought me some avocados. We talked about the stuff we had ordered lately craft wise. Lol...
    Jann, that is scary. Glad you got the dog there. I am laughing at losing you sh it. I go for that one. I think most of us have lost it all ready.
    Val, not sure if today was the drive day. If so hope it is nice and relaxing.
  • Joy2crop
    How fun Gigi that Di came over, did she get her catalogs yet? I wanted to ask her that when she was online. So I found that I have a couple greens from Stampin Up that I think will work for the evergreen that we need one is called Garden Green and the other is Handsome Hunter so I think they will work ok. I wish I knew what we are going to stamp using that 5x6 block I don't really won't to buy one that size to use only for this workshop.
  • Gigikay
    She did get her catalogs and all ready placed her order to our CTMH lady... Me too, I do not want to spend the big bucks for that block. I have a 4 by 6 and I am going to make it work some how.
  • Gigikay
    I guess once the kits are here we can figure it out.
  • MeganF
    Joy I saw htv at hobby lobby the other day that's fuzzy leopard print. That might be fun on the jackets. It was in the aisle with the tshirts and stuff. Not over by the rest of the vinyl
  • Joy2crop
    Oooh I will have to look at that Megan. OMG I ordered the rolling stones mouth with the tongue out in sequins it is huge I don't think it will fit on the backs of any of these jackets because they all have two seams on the back it is so cool though.
  • Joy2crop
    Ok so just got one all cut out that will be in black foil metallic and I will individually add the rhinestones on it once the vinyl is on.
  • Joy2crop
    Good to know Gigi I have the 4x6 also and I wasn't going to spend that kind of money for a stamping block.
Please sign in to view the rest of the posts in this topic.