Thank YOU! It's Customer Appreciation Week!
EXTRA 11% OFF Orders $100+ With Code: THANKYOU

August New Layouts and Cards

Please sign in to view the rest of the posts in this topic.
  • Anna C

Welcome to the New Layouts and Cards for the month of August. We would also love to see any other project, photo or imported images you'd like to share with the group.

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. Since there are several people here try not to flood the post with too many LOs or cards. Maybe 5-7 in any post and no daily limit. Follow SB.com instructions for downloading and linking your projects.

Come by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

This is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. Please volunteer as it is the easiest job you will ever have

2021 Hostesses:

July and Aug Anna

Sept/Oct Cheryl

Nov/Dec Terry

Let's celebrate everyone's special day. If you need added to this list, contact the current hostess and she can add you.

Cheryl January 13
    Danielle February 11
    Denise February 13
    Ashley March 1
    Cathe March 18
    Jeannie April 3
    Katy May 1
    Jane June 14
    Terry August 5
    Anna Dec 24

• Anna C
    Good morning and Happy Saturday!

Terry, your cards are so awesome. You do such a wonderful job with your coloring! And you have a birthday this month!

Denise, hope the sick are some feeling better today.

Jane, welcome home! Hope Baxter is feeling more relaxed and at ease today.

Cathe, hope your pizza was good.

Hello to everyone! Gotta run. We are headed out for a walk and gonna try the balloon fest again tonight. Too much wind last night and they didn't get to go up.
  • Scrappin 2
    Good morning! Saturday

The guys are here installing the shower doors! One step closer.

Anna- you won't see this till later. Hope the balloons go up. Are these hot air balloons? I always wanted to see that. I wouldn't want to go up in one though.
    Pizza was ok. I am tired of pizza.

Jane- Glad you are back home safe and sound.
    I'm afraid the Covid won't ever go away--just like the regular flu never goes away. Yet the Sars virus went away.

I have a load of dark clothes in the washer. I did tidy whites yesterday. I did towels the other day. Guess I like to spread out my work. LOL

Have a nice day. I plan on being home all day............unless Carole calls.
  • Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

Ann- hope you have a nice time at the air balloons. i saw some when we live in Vegas. i always want to go up in one.

Cathe- hope everyone goes good with installing the shower doors.

Jane- Glad you are back home safe and sound.

well we pull out all of are potatoes out and i clean them little bit we have alot might give some to are neighbors. the corn is not ready yet here. i trim my rose and dead ones. i am going to call my mom today to see how they are. it little cloudy here but hot and icky. nothing eles going on today

hope everyone has a nice saturday

• Terry0773
    Morning. About ready to get into sewing the blouses I have cut out and stopped to do some laundry and pop in here. Hasn't been too good lately as I got 3 family members calling to tell me that my sister is dying. So sad. Its the one I haven't talked to since 2006 but I still love her as she is my sister. Long story and many years of not listening to doctors tell her how to manage diabetes, to go onto dialysis (which she didn't), and more things health wise just like that. Yesterday morning she apparently had a pulmonary embolism and is now under sedation, on life support, and they put a cooling unit on her brain as she went for 27 min where they couldn't start her heart. Her kidneys are also only 4-6% functioning too. So I'm sitting here waiting to hear and as soon as I do I'll make plane reservations to head to Denver. Just sad....

• Anna: We see alot of single balloons here down the I-5 corridor. Gorgeous site! I'd love to ride in one at least once. But to see the whole show would be awesome. They have the big annual one down in NM that I'd love to see. I hope your Mom is feeling better today!!
    • Cathe: Yea, one more step to completion! I love our pizza place but 1....it isn't a healthy food unless you do away with the crust and what fun is that and 2--it is clear in Vancouver about 10 away one way. We had Olive Garden last night and the food is ok but they haven't changed up the menu since before Covid. And on top of that every time in the last year I go to pay they screw up my cc by charging $1 first and then try to charge the rest. Well guess what crooks who steal cc # do? Yep the same thing so my bank shuts them down and freezes that card. Thought I was smart & paid thru Paypal but they did the same thing when the $1 charge hit. How stupid!!!! Have Carole call me too as I could use a day shopping!!
    • Cheryl: so very very sorry to hear Zeke is also down sick now. You take care!
    • Danielle: How rewarding to start harvesting your garden.
    • Denise: Happy 88th birthday to your Mom!! Do her and Sadie share the same BD? She was so cute in her little photo. How are you feelling? Hopefully no symptoms!!!
    • Jane: Glad you made it safe and sound! I swear if Atlanta's traffic is as bad as Nashville's I'd pull my hair out. I thought Steve was going to bust a gut over the lane switching and disregard for anyone else driving. And we were pulling that 38 ft trailer and our stopping distance isn't 3 inches!!! Plus it took almost 2 hours to go 12 miles. Horrible! We are cooling down about 10 deg today to 89. I would love to see 59 again. I wish I could transport myself into Anna's snow photo. Steve just left to help Danny install a window AC unit. He apparently bought the last unit in all of Portland/Vancouver.

Well Ladies---have a wonderful Sat and be safe and healthy!!
  • Terry0773
    PS---thank you so much Anna for hosting these 2 months!! What would everyone think if we are hosting 2 months that we combine them so the thread goes 60 days without interruption? Just a thought for discussion....
  • OnlyJane
    Good afternoon,
    Still unpacking stuff, why I take so much is beyond me!!
    Terry so sorry about your sister, how sad she would not listen to the doctors all these years, and your right she is your sister to matter what. Bob is not cool about driving through Atlanta either, it is "what did that sign say, this is the right lane correct" and it goes on and on, complains on how everyone else drives, oh goodness, always the same when in traffic, other places that bog down he goes from one lane to the next, drives me crazy. Back to Atlanta can not imagine pulling a trailer through that mess!!!! Like the idea of grouping the thread, or maybe do like the Owls do, it is continuous until you reach capacity and start another?
    Cathe glad the shower door is being installed!!!!
    Danielle hope your enjoying your day, nice of you to give neighbors some of your veggies.
    Anna did you go to the balloon show?
    Cheryl how is everyone doing with the Covid situation?
    Denise how is your family doing?

Time to go and finish up putting everything away, take care and stay safe!!

• Cdjohnson
    Good evening!! Zoey and Zeke were feeling better today. They were requesting certain things to eat which they did not have at their house. I went to the store and bought what they wanted and then Priscilla and I delivered to their porch. We stood out in the yard while they came out on the porch to see them for about 15 minutes. Zoey cried when we left. It was heartbreaking!!
  • Anna C
    May be an image of dog and text

Good morning sweet friends!

We actually got a little rain early this a m! Cloudy and overcast so hopefully we may see a little more rain.

We did get our walk in yesterday. Went to a water falls but because it is so dry there wasn't much of a water fall. Hike was short but it was all down hill and then back up hill and my knees are reminding me that I need to stay on flat and level when walking! Balloon fest (and yes it is hot air balloons) was another bust. We headed that way after our hike but got caught in a traffic accident on the interstate. Traffic was being rerouted so we decided to turn and come back home. Need to look on FB and see if they got to lift off last night. Doctor called and Mom does have another nasty kidney infection. Called in some meds for her so hopefully she will start feeling better soon.

Terry, so sorry about your sister. Life of a diabetic is not easy. I am sorry that you all never reconciled. I love the idea of keeping the thread going for two months at a time. Only suggestion that I have is that the current host post a reminder to the next month's host about a week before just in case.

Cathe, yay! Shower doors are installed by now and what do you think?? You wash clothes like I do. I do a load a night. I used to do it all on Saturdays but quit that a few years ago. Plus with this new washer, it takes longer to wash a load. I've got tidy whitey things to do today. Did Carol call? We had pizza this week too.

Cheryl, glad the grands are starting to feel better. Hope you, Priscilla, and Izzy are doing well. So sorry for Zoey and you all….I know it is hard leaving her.

Jane, did you get all unpacked? And has Baxter settled down?

Denise, how are the sick in your household? You ok? And a very happy belated birthday to your mother!

Danielle, I love new potatoes. I usually steam them but sometimes I boil then in chicken broth and when done add some butter and s & p and then eat them. Nothing better than new potatoes, green beans, and corn on the cob along with a fresh pan of cornbread!

Hi Katy and Jeannie! Hope you both are doing well.

Off to enjoy this last day of vacation. Haven't cooked the first meal this week. We've eaten a light breakfast here at home and then a late lunch/early dinner somewhere out every day. Back to the real world tomorrow! Gotta figure out some menus for next week and that is a real struggle! Have a good day friends!

• Scrappin 2
    Good morning!! Sunday. Gee I wonder if August will be as hot as July. It should be.

Anna- Hope your mom responds to the meds and starts to feel better.
    the shower doors look great and I am pleased with the bathroom. We still have to put down base boards and get a door.
    The mirror is great too. It is so clear!! I didn't realize how mine wasn't really clear...........yet it might just be the change in lighting.
    It is too bad about the interstate back up and not getting to the balloon launch. Probably smart you turned around when you could. Who knows how long the back up would have taken to start moving.
    It is nice you had a break from cooking. I need to come up with something for dinner and can't think of a thing. I hope Doug, Charity and Van will come. Rose will for sure.

Cheryl- How heartbreaking for you and Priscilla to not be able to take Zoey home.. I was glad to read that you talked to her later and she was doing ok.

Yesterday about 5:00 I went to the grocery store for milk and to pick up friend chicken. I pulled into the garage and immediately thought "I left the milk in the cart!" so I will be running back into town today. I called the store, a guy found it and they put it in a cooler for me to pick up.

I will be back later to see who all has dropped in.

• Southernlady2
    good morning

well it rain here last night. now the sun is out today another hot day here. took Bella for her walk this morning. nothing much today. my mom sent me a video of my nephew of him hit my sister bell tell his sister to come out. i can't wait until she has the baby. i am hope next year in the spring is to go out to Az to see her and maybe help my sister out with watch the baby for her. yesterday we took the potatoes out of the garden box and then my husband shovel the dirt and turn it over. so now we have are corn that is not ready yet. Are strawberries are doing good

Anna- Hope your mom responds to the meds and starts to feel better.

hope everyone has a nice sunday
  • OnlyJane
    Good afternoon.
    Brief rain shower, now the sun is out. Quiet morning, not much going on, did a load of wash, now waiting for the dryer to finish drying. Such excitement!!
    Cathe it sure sounds like your bath is just about finished, wow, can not wait to see some photos of it. Will you be picking out some new bath mats and towels or have you already done that? What did you decide for dinner? Think we will have some ribs, mashed potatoes and a veggie which is undecided at the moment.
    Anna like the gif and so glad they started your Mom on some meds for the kidney infection and she starts to feel better. So sorry you ran into a traffic jam and could not get to the balloon event. At least you did not get stuck in, have read where at times people have gotten stuck for hours not moving at all, that would drive me batty. Glad you enjoyed your days off! Got unpacked finally from our trip and sure hope Baxter is not getting sick. He has been sneezing and coughing (just a little) and seems sleepy so keeping an eye on him. He did get his kennel cough shot and flu shot that was required before going to the kennel. I don't plan on taking him ever again to the kennel, either one of the boys or he goes with us
    Cheryl oh poor Zoey, so hard on everyone. Glad you could bring them some of their favorite foods and Zoey was doing better when you checked on them. Did you get your paper done?
    Terry thinking of you today. Did you get your blouse finished yesterday?

Need to see what else can be accomplished today, whole house could use some good cleaning and decluttering, and closets could use a good purge especially.

Have a nice Sunday, always stay safe!!

Jane relaxed emoji

• Anna C
    Dread Returning To Work After Time Off? Here's What That Means

Back to work I go. Oh I just want to stay home! Or be at a beach like in this photo!

I did call SSA while off to see what are our monthly payout would be if we retired at the end of year. Both of us are 62 this year and can take early retirement but from 62 to 65 there is over $1200 for both of us vs now and later. But when we get to 65 there is less than $300 difference from 65 to 66 and 7 months when we are at full retirement age. So I guess we both will work another year and re-evaluate this time next year. The cost of insurance will fall to us so that is another reason to wait another year, sadly.

We got a little rain yesterday morning but I'm sure the winds dried it all up by the end of the day. It did help with the humidity.

Terry, hugs! Thinking of you and you are in my prayers.

Jane, how is Baxter feeling today? I sure hope he didn't pick up any disease while at the kennel.

Cathe, can't wait to see more photos of your new bathroom.

Danielle, enjoy those fresh strawberries. Are they a good size or small ones?

Off to motivate myself to get ready for work
  • Terry0773
    Morning Ladies. Sorry I was MIA but I had to get myself straightened out. My sister, Cyndi, died approx 10AM on Saturday quite unexpectedly. She was doing fine and a nurse saw her slumped over. They worked to resuscitate her for 27 min, finally got it done, put a brain cooler machine on to preserve any functions left and when that was all removed on Sat she passed within 10 min. She had just turned 65 but I have to believe that it was better this way to end any future pain. My niece thinks the celebration of life will be Sat the 7th which means me flying out Fri and returning on Mon. I will say even tho Cyndi had problems with me, her 2 kids and granddaughters do not. They are wonderful people and I'll what I can to help. Sorry I'm wandering here ....

Anna: What a bummer you did not get to see the balloons! Is this something that goes on each year? I'm so glad that they caught your Mom's problem so quickly and have her on meds. What scared me about SS and the payouts is that if you retire at 62 that's the lowest amount you get for the rest of your life. I was amazed at the difference from 62 to 67 retirement payments. With us, about 1/4 of our mo income now goes to medical and that's the biggest bill. Then come cells phones!!!! I agree with you on the 2 mo hosting and notifications!
    Cathe: Yea, the bath is almost finished!!! We all want to see photos! Who came for dinner and what was it? A mo ago Steve bought stuff game hens and I finally cooked them. So simple too. I sautéed a shallot & garlic, added a 1/2 lb Italian sausage fried up, put in the birds and poured brussels sprout in the open spaces. Holy cow it was delish. Have you seen that guy on FB make the new rib eye steak sandwich? I'm going to try it tonight. Bake a potato, scoop out, add sour cream, chives, & cheese. Put back into shell. thinly slice steak fry on hot heat quickly, sautee onions & bell pepper slices. Top spud with meat/cheese mix and bake a few min to melt cheeses. Oh Yum...a new style Philly steak!!!
    Cheryl: Poor Zoey....first no school, then no hugs or visiting. Sad!!! Hope she's doing better. Are you doing the intermittent fasting thing?
    Danielle: are you new potatoes the small variety or like bakers? It would be really nice if you got to go help your sister.
    Denise: How are you feeling? I've been wondering if you have gotten any of the covid symptoms yet?
    Jane: Poor Baxter!! Sure hope he's not catching something. I don't blame you for not wanting him kenneled. I also get the stream of words while he drives and how stupid the other drivers are and in the meantime he's tailgating or missing his turn. I just shake my head and keep the seat belt on!! I do laundry usually all on one day as I forget there's a load that needs folded. I did get the one shirt done and want to start the next one. I have about 4 I bought fabric for. Plus I need to start that Tee shirt quilt for Aaron too.

Time to get moving as it's a big grocery run day. Thank you all for the loving thoughts and prayers!!
  • OnlyJane
    Good afternoon,
    Nice sunny day, went out to do some errands, noticed more people were wearing masks again. Bob left this morning for the week, it is nice to get back to a routine again and hopefully will not waste too much time as this house needs some cleaning, not fun by any means but necessary.
    Terry, big hugs to you, so sorry about your sister. I am glad that your able to fly out and that is so good that her children and grands have no problem with you. Hopefully this will give you some closure on all the problems as you did love her in spite of everything. Baxter seems to be ok, he does sneeze more, but eating well. He was so tired though bet he did not sleep much.
    Anna hope your work week goes well. Going on Medicare is a pain and we pay quite a bit for that privilege (which it isn't). Since Bob still works some we get dinged. Bob has to make sure he does not go over a certain limit or we move into another bracket and pay thru the nose, so he takes off work for awhile. Your right, health insurance is expensive and it seems you need a supplement plan along with the Medicare or else your hit with big medical expenses. Is your Mom feeling better, sure hope so.
    Cathe what is on your agenda today?
    Cheryl still working from home? Hope the grands are feeling better now.
    Denise how are things at your house?
    Katy did you get to see Michael this weekend?
    Danielle hope Jim is feeling better these days. Did the cooling shirt help?

Stay safe in all you do on this Monday!!!

Jane sparkle emoji

• Rockmom
    Hugs Terry. So sorry to hear about your sister.

Happy birthday Terry.

Thanks for asking, I'm fine so far. No symptoms and mom is fine too. Sadie had a tummy issue but seems fine otherwise. Cooper and son in law are fine too.

Tim and Katie are both feeling better.
  • Cdjohnson
    Good afternoon!! It was announced via email today at our hospital that the COVID vaccine will be mandatory for employment.

Happy Birthday Terry!! Yes, I am doing intermittent fasting.

Jane - Yes, still working from home. They would not let me return tomorrow because I have a cough. I am attempting to get cough medicine from the doctor. I have to check in with Employee Health again on Wednesday to determine if I can go back on Thursday. UGH!!! Yes, both kids are feeling better and counting down the days until they are out of quarantine which is a WEEK away!!

Denise - Glad everyone is doing ok.

• Scrappin 2
    Good afternoon--Monday

Terry- I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I hope by going to the celebration of life you will enjoy seeing her kids and Grandchildren. Perhaps you can reminisce about better days with her.

Cheryl- hope your cough is just a cough. I know you tested negative, but could the test be wrong?
    Glad to hear the kids are feeling ok.

Denise- Glad to hear your bunch is feeling better also.

Jane- Got all the clothes washed up from the trip?
    Is Baxter back to his old self?

Anna- Hope you had a nice day. I get a Teacher's pension so I don't get Soc. Security. I don't have enough quarters to claim. I did work in the factory 3 summers during college, but that wasn't enough. Oh I did work at the soda fountain/drug store during high school too.

Danielle- did you sell any more of your stamps?

Today- I sealed the floor in the shower. While I had out the stuff I did Rum's granite top in his bathroom.
    I did a couple of loads of wash. I ironed up two of my capris and two of Rum's shorts.
    I went thru my summer shirts and pulled a few to donate. I have the back of my car hatch full of stuff to donate. I drove down to the Rockford Rescue Mission to drop off......they have a drive thru set up........it was closed! Guess they are closed on Mondays. It used to be Wednesdays.
    I stopped in Target for a padded envelope. They are redoing the facade. (sp?) You could only go in one door. It was busy. I walked thru Home Goods killing time till I had PT at 2:10.
    I want a cute basket- 9x9 for the inside of my new little cabinet and can't find any.
    I will take pictures.

today is my DGD, Rayn's birthday. She is 17. I called and talked to her for a bit. She got her card on time. Yay!

We are having left over tuscan soup that I had frozen. I wrote a note on it that it needed more tortellini and beans so I guess I had better go doctor it up.

I saw Ashley on FB. She looked cute drinking Butter Beer. I thought she might have been in Fl. but she was in NYC.

Hi Katy and Jeannie

Have a nice evening.
  • Southernlady2
    hello and good afternoon

Terry- I'm so sorry to hear about your sister.

well today took Bella for a walk. i need to walk her more. but it just been hot it cool in the morning and afternoon it is hot here. we got some rain yesterday night. went to the gym today. tomorrow i have to take my husband truck in to get oil change in the big city. clean the bathroom today. my mom told me she call me when my sister has the baby she is so ready for this baby to come. my mom said maybe Friday but who knows my parents will come down to my sister house to watch my nephew while they have the baby. my sister been walk around the house and outside and my mom said she took this drink a old wife tale that didn't help. It is hot here today.

Jane- the cold shirt is help him and he taken allegers stuff you put in your noise. he feel alright but not that great yet.

Cathe- no i haven't sell any more of my stamp up stamps.

hope everyone has a nice monday
  • OnlyJane
    Good morning,
    Cloudy today, ds is suppose to be over at lunchtime to mow, other than that it is quiet so far. Am really frustrated with my Epson printer. Before we left on vacation it was working beautifully. Yesterday went to print and everything came out blueish with black. Cleaned the nozzle, etc., two times at least and it still is doing it, black only prints fine. Have no idea what happened.
    Danielle hope your sister has her baby soon.
    Cathe how do you like your new printer? I would say Baxter is back to his old self, he was full of the dickens yesterday afternoon, he wears me out (lol).

Will check back when more check in!
    Stay safe as can be this Tuesday.

• Terry0773
    Morning! I was a bad grandma last night. After spending an hr trying to help my niece plan this celebration of life funeral, I totally forgot to call my DGD for her birthday! I did text her and she cyber hugged me! Isn't it funny and odd what the internet & cell phones have led us to.
    Anyway my niece somehow got the impression that part of a funeral is feeding people that come. First off, Cyndi had no ins let alone savings or any spendable money. I quite frankly don't know how they are going to pay for anything. Then I explained that wasn't nec and neither was a bunch of other stuff. There's also a tradition amongst Italians to give cash to help with expenses. Now this happens with the old generations but I don't know about the newer ones. I know my siblings will put in some too. Anyway, the funeral is the 11th so I'm flying out the 9th and returning on the 12th.
    Also last night at 8PM, I stepped out with the dogs for their run and lo and behold not 20 ft from me was this big beautiful young buck. OMG he was so stately and curious. The dogs gathered at my feet and were growling and he just looked at them like "hmmm...what are you?" He turned and walked away to the edge of the forest and turned back around to watch us. In 30 yrs in this house never has that happened. We have had turkeys, cows, coyotes, wolves, and assorted eagles & owls but never a buck.

Anna: hope you are having a good week. Is Bucky still on "floater" duty?
    Cathe: Hope Rayn had a great birthday!! How do you pronounce her name? Is it "Ray-in" or Rain? I've always wondered and it is such a pretty name and unique too. I guess I need to go out shopping and find some funeral appropriate attire....jeans and a tee are not! I'm confused why you don't get a SS check. You worked, paid taxes on that $$, so why not? I get a small amount because ex-BIL the accountant said to take any deduction to get the taxable amt to zero. So because I owned a consulting business out of my house I had tons of those deductions. And it bit me on the behind with SS retirement. Same thing with my sister. The soup sound so good!!
    Cheryl: how is everyone feeling? That time I went thru chemo was so hard since I couldn't see the grands for a whole 9 months. I cried when we finally did get to see them and they all gathered at my feet and hugged me at once. I bet it will be hard to go "back" to work!!
    Danielle: that's great that the shirt is helping Jim! I am so wishing for cooler weather.
    Denise: That's great news that everyone is feeling so much better!! Are you done with the food storage and all?
    Jane: I can imagine that Baxter was very restless in the kennels and on constant look out for you to come back. I had to take my Cairn (and the labs too) over to a friend who has a small kennel business. She brought the Cairn into their home to spend that time and the labs stayed in the kennel so I didn't mind keeping them all there. But otherwise I hate the idea. I need to get busy and do some house cleaning too....

Take care all and have a great day.
  • Rockmom
    Morning. Well actually it's afternoon
  • Scrappin 2
    good afternoon-Tuesday
    It is a beautiful day. It started out cool and now is about 80. I took a 20 min walk while it was still fairly cool.
    I have had a busy morning. I made Snickerdoodles for Van and his buddies. Doug is taking Van and 3 of his friends to the lake house.
    I made BBQ or some call it sloppy Joe's for lunch. Doug is here helping Rum change the sand in the pool filter. He likes my BBQ

Terry- i didn't pay into Soc Sec. while teaching. I paid into a Teacher Retirement fund. therefore I don't get Soc Security.

I need to drive down to Rockford Rescue Mission and drop off that stuff in the back of my car. I keep forgetting to do that before I go to Walmart. I am not a Walmart shopper but today I am gonna be. LOL

BBl
  • Cdjohnson
    Good afternoon!! It is nice here today as well. In the low 80s with lower humidity. My cough is much better today. I started taking Sabucol Elderberry Cold and Relief and it has worked wonders!!

Cathe - No, I don't think the test was wrong. I usually get this about this time every summer due to pollen, humidity, etc. I LOVE snickerdoodles. I am going to talk a walk after supper. I am afraid to run with this cough and make myself worse.

Denise - Hello!!

Terry - I agree that there are a lot of unnecessary things that go along with funerals. It is one of the reasons Karyol wanted to be cremated and not have a "big fuss". To be honest, it made it easier on me and not having to "entertain" a lot of people. People from my church did make us food, and only the only ones that ate together (outside at the time) was my parents, my sister and her husband and me. Thankfully, he had life insurance. Everyone is feeling better. Zoey can start school on Monday. Her teacher says she will not be missing much those first two days. I am going to buy her some more school clothes this weekend to help out.

Jane - Sorry you are having issues with her printer!

Danielle - Is your sister having a boy or a girl? You may have said before and I have forgotten. It is a hot time of year to be pregnant.

I better get off and fix myself some supper and go for that walk.
  • Anna C
    May be an image of flower and text that says 'Painted Barn Studio Cindy Nelson Lvery day starts with expectations but every day ends with some experience. HAVE A BEAUTIFUL NIGHT!'

Evening ladies!

Glorious day here. Only in the 70s and little to no humidity today. Sitting on the front porch right now as I read your posts for today.

Cheryl, hope you got your walk in. We got our 1.5 mile walk in a bit earlier. We set a goal of walking 45 miles this month...intentional walks, not steps. So glad that Miss Zoey is feeling better and can start school on Monday. How is everyone else feeling? Do you do the 16 off and 8 on fasting? Is this your first time?

Cathe, is your pool still green? If not, has anyone been in it yet? I bet the boys loved those cookies!

Jane, so sorry you are having printer issues. I find them very frustrating because my printer technician skills are very limited. Glad Baxter is feeling more like himself now.

Terry, hope things go well for the funeral for your sister. And I hope you have a safe flight too. Bucky has not returned to work yet. He is off again this week for a mandatory two shut down. The plant shuts down the last week of July and first week of August for vacation. He will go back to work on Monday and he will still be floater as far as he knows. I would have loved to seen that big buck. We've seen some does and fawns while walking but no does. Yep! That's exactly what scared us about our social security. What you get now is it and the three year difference is huge for us.

Denise, glad everyone is on the mend and feeling better.

Have a good night ladies!

• Scrappin 2
    Stoppin in, it's about 7:18 Tuesday

Cheryl- Glad you got your walk in, Hope it didn't start you coughing. Is that cough medicine a prescription? Glad it is helping.
    It is nice you can help out with some clothing for Back to School. What always got me is that it would be hot has heck and the kids would be in their new clothes--long sleeved shirts and long pants.........and it was still summer weather because it was still summer. Kids shouldn't have to go to school until September! jmo

Terry- have a safe flight.
    Maybe it is an old tradition, but we still put money in an envelope when a relative passes away.

Walmart was rather busy. I think people were school shopping. They didn't have any cream of tartar. Now I will have to remember to get some somewhere else. I don't imagine it is a hot item.

Anna- gee it seems Bucky has hardly worked at all. Interesting how Volvo does vacations--all at once. I worked at Owens Illinois Glass the summer after my senior year of high school and summers during college. We were hired so people could go on vacation. The pay was great. Had to work shift work. Boy oh boy it sure made me want to get a teaching degree.
    I really like the uplifting GIF's you have found. Keep it up please.

Good night everyone. Off to watch the Olympics.
  • OnlyJane
    Good evening,
    Guess it is late but am wide awake still. Had a twice baked potato and a corn bread roll for dinner. Did a load of wash, pulled up some weeds in the yard and swept the sidewalks. DS mowed so the yard looks better, it was a mess since it was not mowed for two weeks.
    Anna love the image, you find such nice ones all the time. Way to go on doing some walks each day. I think most likely many of the auto makers that are unionized shut down for mandatory vacation time. About two months saw a young Deer across the street, like Terry never saw one in over 30 years that we have lived in the neighborhood. Did not have time to grab the camera before it left. When coming back from Fla., at one of the rest stops in Ga. there were three baby deer, so cute but hope they went back in the woods because they were so close to the interstate and may have tried to cross the road.
    Denise glad everyone at your house is doing better. Have you been doing school with Cooper and Sadie?
    Cheryl glad the cough medicine is helping you. I noticed every time going out in the yard I start coughing, there must be something around that irritates. did hear someone said ragweed was starting. So nice that your able to help with school clothes for Zoey. Bet she is excited to start school on Monday. Will she go a half day or full day? Around here, when K starts for the first week, the teachers only take a small amount of the kids so they have more time to get to know them.
    Terry glad you can help your sister's family with some things for the funeral. My parents both wanted to be cremated and had everything pre-paid. When Mom came here had to transfer her prepaid plans to one of the local funeral homes to handle. It was a very loving thing they did for me with all the plans in place. I am sure, too, that Baxter spent lots of time looking for us while in the kennel, poor boy. Must say though today he was back to his old self, full of it, yikes, tomorrow he will be 1 year old, time sure flies!!

Guess better go and get ready for bed, getting late.
    Good night, sleep tight everyone!!!!!

• Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

Cheryl- So glad that Miss Zoey is feeling better and can start school on Monday. my sister is have a baby girl.

Terry glad you can help your sister's family with some things for the funeral. My parents both wanted to be cremated . when my grandpa on my mom side was cremated we just had a place where we had dinner and look at video that my mom made of the family about my grandpa it wasn't big.

Glad Baxter is feeling more like himself now.

well yesterday took the truck in to get oil change. After that went to my fav store and i bought a shirt i was look for some sweater but they had some but not my size. then i had to go to home depo to get a new weed Wacker seen are was not working . then i went to home goods and found some baskets that i want to use in the bathroom. then i head home. My mom text me and said no baby yet. Today is my brother birthday. He probably work on the fries in California if they are still going, my brother is work for firefighters as a helicopter drop off the water in the fires.

hope everyone has a nice Wednesday

• Terry0773
    Morning all.... Another hot day but at least I can say it isn't "steamy". I'm going out to get my nails re-painted as I hate what I got 4 days ago. Hard to describe but it almost at a glance looks like my fingertips are bleeding near the cuticle. Really awful!! Yesterday was a trip into frustration. Holy cow....the second biggest shopping mall in Portland and 2 stores, Macy's & Penney's, were both lacking any kind of black or dark blue blouses that would suit a funeral. I finally settled on a black one that was a size or two larger that what I would normally buy. I'll have to alter it tomorrow. The blouse is probably one to go out to dinner in as it has this plunging neckline---and I mean it plunges right to the girls!!! I may have to buy some lace or something to help but I'm trying to short the neck at the shoulders when I sew it. That whole 4 hour shopping trip taught me to go online and find a "funeral outfit" and just keep it in storage until I need it!! And the stores I would normally go looking in are all closed up! Brother....

• Anna: I too love your beautiful photos/gif each day! Some of those sentiments are so thoughtful. Most mills have a shutdown period and some just totally shutdown and others send the office staff home but the mill workers do maintenance on the machinery. Seen it both ways. I haven't done any exercising this week as it seems my mornings are booked.
    • Cathe: Steve's favorite cookie is a snickerdoodle. But he can't have them anymore. And eating just 1 is totally out of the question!! Did they get the pool cleaned out and ready for swimming? Melissa did a really smart thing and went to the bank and upon their advice she opened up a Memorial fund account in Cyndi's name so they can put the monies in that to pay the bills It's protected from taxes and other things so that's good. Then when the bills are paid, they can send the remainder of the $$ to a charity like the Am. Diabetes Assoc . I'm learning from her some info on what my sister was doing or not doing and I'm astounded at what I've learned. First and foremost, she quit paying or filing income taxes since 2016. Why? No one knows. Bruce let her do all the financial stuff and he had no clue. I feel so bad for Melissa as she now has to figure out how to clean all this up. Luckily she goes to a church where there are a lot of people willing to help with their time like accountants!! Have any fun plans today?
    • Cheryl: That's really great that you found a cough med that helps. Sounds like it's an OTC one. I also used to buy school outfits and mainly because it was just fun for me to do it. I was crazy about buying toddler shoes! Especially for the girls.... I know I drove Aaron's wife nuts doing it too. The really sad part about funerals is that the people having to plan them and carry off all the who what when stuff are also the people who are grieving and really need the help. I'm thankful that Melissa has a church group, some close friends & family locally that are willing to help.
    • Danielle: How cool is it that your brother is in a helicopter helping fight the fires. I have a great friend from Reno who retired as the captain of their fire dept. But for years he was a fire jumper too. And the stories!!! What bravery to voluntarily jump from a plane into a raging forest fire. Hoping you get the news of a new baby soon!
    • Denise: Hello!!!
    • Jane: The sad part of my shopping trip is that I should have been prepared and had something already bought years ago. That will teach me! And I won't wear a dress as I cannot see this wobbly knee being subjected to heels. Arrggg.... Glad to hear that Baxter is back to being himself again. I'll tell you ever single day Cricket does something new that cracks me up. This morning she accidentally dropped her treat and by the time ---1 second-- she started looking for Ruby had snatched it up and ran off. Cricket was so confused!!! I laughed myself silly. Steve thinks the buck came out of the hills for water. It's sooooo dry here right now too.

Best get moving....wrote a book again!!
  • OnlyJane
    Good afternoon,
    It is raining right now, so glad ds mowed yesterday. Did some grocery shopping this morning, paid a visit to J's, they had all new Tim Holz die cuts, etc. My experience at that store was maddening to say the least. for a long time their app had good coupons so checked while in store and app said sorry problems with the coupons, so questioned the cashier and she said no coupons this week, hmm, well had an item I decided not to buy, she snatched it up in a mad way and threw it in a container of stuff to put back, gee wiz lady, getting so tired of these people who are just plain nasty, no thanks for shopping or anything. Guess coupons at J's are starting to go now, HL has none, and M's a few once in awhile.
    Terry never thought about how hard it might be to find some business type clothing for funerals now. Your blouse, do you think you could put a tank top under it, if so, you could even put the tank top backwards on which might give you more height to cover the plunging of the blouse. Have done this a few times, Hope your redo of nails turned out better this time. Odd with your sister not filing any income tax all those years. Was she receiving Medicare or Medicaid?
    Danielle that sounds like a scary job your brother has. Baby arrive yet? I remember my Aunt telling me to eat Blueberry Ice Cream when my first baby was 2 weeks late. It did not work for me.

This afternoon is going so fast and so far have not accomplished much at all, oh well tomorrow is another day.
    Enjoy your Wednesday everyone, stay safe!!!!!
  • Dollscrap
    Hi I didn't leave again...just kind of busy...nothing interesting. Next week on Tuesday I host bunco..it's fun.. and loud. I stress out when I host. When we first started this bunco group 4 years ago we all served things like chips and dips and crackers and cheese and drinks...now it's turned out to be almost having a meal...and I don't cook so I gotta be creative. Good old Costco here I come. Katy comes hopefully on Thursday if our friend Debi can take care of Katy's kitties. I seem to be getting my mojo back kinda..just finished a little book of the girls when they were babies.
    Katy is going to show me how to load pics here from my ipad.
    Terry I'm sorry about your sister..very sweet of you to be involved with the celebration of life.
    Anna this area I live in is supposed to one of the best in the country for hot air ballooning...on a fine day there can sometimes be 3 or 4 up there. One landed in front of our neighbors house. that was interesting to watch it deflate..then get packed into the back of a pickup and off they went. They are up there in the winter sometimes and if it's 23 degrees her ..how cold is it up there...that's my thought.
    sorry to cut this short...Jon and I have started binge watching things on Netflix and Amazon Prime...usually at lunch time or in the evening. He just called me to tune in... so off I go...bbl and hello to everyone!!!
  • Rockmom
    Hello y'all.

Jeannie, very good yo have you here. We missed ya. Sounds like bunco turned into a production. Enjoy the show watching.

Terry. Uh yeh, the stores are crazy out of stuff or very limited here. Sorry you have to alter it but at least you have that skill.

Cheryl, everyone well now?

My two took at home tests today. Katie's was still very positive. She has good days and harder ones. Her oxygen sats are above 95 so that's good. She just feels very tired and generally down. Tim's test was barely positive, the second line was hard to see but it was there. He feels fine. So far the test of us are good.

Danielle, wow your brother is doing some important work fighting fires!

Cathe, how is the arm doing?

• Scrappin 2
    good evening..........I won't stay long as the Olympics are on. I wanted to say Hi. Also wanted to delete emails as I didn't do that yesterday. Oh my gosh how/why do I get so many that are so.............out-there.........nothing I signed up for, that's for sure.

Terry- Good thing you can sew. Funerals in the winter are no problem--black pants, dark sweater and I'm good to go. Summer--I would have nothing suitable. I don't do dresses or skirts either.
    I laughed envisioning Cricket trying to find the treat.
    Rum and Doug changed the sand in the filter yesterday. The pool does not look any better today. We need our Chlorine order. They didn't leave it as we weren't home. It is considered Hasmat --gee Rum was upset. He needs it badly.

Denise- Glad to her Katie's oxygen level is above 95.
    My arm is really coming along. I know I still have a lot of therapy before I can reach above my head.

Katy- a night of bunco sounds fun. I really would like to have a group to do something like that with.
    Glad you are scrapping again.

Danielle- Sure glad your brother is in the air and not on the ground fighting fires. God bless them all.

Jane- I was mad at JA on Tuesday. The sign said cardstock was 70% off. got to the counter and it didn't ring up on sale. I told the girl what the sign said, She came back and said that the sale ended on Sunday. I know I could have pushed it and asked for a manager but I didn't want to bother
  • Anna C
    Birthday Graphics - Free Birthday Clipart

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRY!

• OnlyJane
    Happy Birthday Terry!! Enjoy your day! Any special plans?
  • Scrappin 2
    Happy Birthday Terry!!! Hope it is nice in some way! birthday emoji
  • Scrappin 2
    Good morning!

Why is remodeling such a pain? I want a privacy door in the bathroom--something different since it won't match the rest of the interior doors. I found just what I want at Home Depot. It is a line called Feather . ONLY--there is always a hitch. They aren't pre-hung and Rum and Doug don't want to cut out the wood for the hinges.

The pool is still green even after changing the sand in the filter. Fed Ex wouldn't leave the chlorine Rum ordered because we weren't home. You have to sign for it. GEEZE!! We need that chlorine.

I have no plans today except PT at 2:50.

I need to run to JC Penney's to pick up an order---a bra. It frosts my cookies that it was cheaper online than in the store. The store sale was buy one get one 50%. Only they didn't have two. The first one would be $38. The second $19 which equals $57. Online they were $20.00 and you only had to buy one! I ordered a white and it said one was left..........well I don't know where it was hiding as the only one I saw on the rack was beige.

Gee aren't a complaining person this morning? flushed emoji sorry

Have a nice day everyone.

• Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

Happy Birthday Terry

Took Bella for her walk. My husband not doing to good this morning. he couldn't see that great but he want me to drive him to work he took a ice pack with him. i have to go pick him up at work around 8 am. then i guess we go home and he change and head to emergency to the hospital. he been have alot of these with his noise i think. he doesn't get alot of sleep because it gets bad. his normal doctor said it was allergies. i get scared when something happens to my husband. nothing else going on go to the gym later on.

hope everyone has a nice Thursday

• Terry0773
    Good morning and thank you so much for the birthday wishes! Nothing planned. It's extremely hazy outside and its not fog. I didn't think there was a fire close enough for this but I was wrong apparently. Steve is cooking steaks tonight and since we bought that Ipad 2 mo ago, he got me some pretty pink flowers.
    The good news is that we are headed in the low 80s today and back into the 70s after that. And maybe rain too. That makes me a happy happy camper.

Anna: thank you! Hope you are having a good week!! Do you advance prepare meals for the week? I never did even with the kids being little. Had too much to catch up on when the weekends rolled around.
    Cathe: Thank you so much for the darling card!! I would never have thought to fold a card like that. I love it!! I think its really stupid that they wouldn't leave the chlorine. What happens here every so often is the PO delivery guy will only leave a note saying we weren't home. What BS is that....every time that happens I go in, complain to the head person, and about 2 mo later it happens again. And they have such stupid excuses for it. That's when I roll the eyes big time! Steve has etched out doors for hinges too. Takes time and a steady hand but its doable. And its only 2!! Huggsss....I do know what you are going thru!!
    Cheryl: how's your cough today?
    Danielle: hope Jim is alright!!! Let us know...
    Denise: Well that's all good news! Glad to hear everyone is feeling good. What a scary thing to go thru....
    Jane: I did think about a tank top or cami but I couldn't find one of them either. I even looked on Amazon knowing it would be overnight and there was only 1 but it was more a lacey bodysuit. I sew the neckline up and its fine now. And yep, thankfully I know how to do that!!! Thank you Mom. My sister secretly did a bad thing because she didn't think she would have to pay and she could hide the fact. My BIL had to take long term disability in 2016. In my sister's mind that meant she could withdraw his 401K but he was only 59 yo. She took $25,000 and went on a spending spree, also giving her son a chunk of it for various reasons. I'm quite certain that she quit paying or filing inc tax because it became apparent to her finally that she owed interest & penalties on that early withdrawal of 401K funds. She always ignored what she should have listened too and made up her own rules and information. That was a big part of our not getting along. Too bad.... now her daughter and hubby have to figure out how to straighten this all out. Not a legacy I would want to leave my family!!
    Jeannie: I'd love to have a group of ladies close to that kind of thing with too!! But it does sound like its become a production and yep....yea for Costco!. Can't wait to see that new baby!!! I assume there are LOs of him.... Steve and I binge watch shows too now. We've done Game of Thrones 3 time, Deadwood, Oz, and we are about to finish the series from 1989-1992 called Young Riders. Seen that one?
    Katy: hope all is well. I heard today that the historic town of Greenville(?) was destroyed yesterday. How sad!

Have a great day ladies!!!
  • OnlyJane
    Good afternoon,
    The sun was out, now it is cloudy. Bob will be home sometime this afternoon. Our front yard is looking awful, due to the fact the company we are using to try and get a nice front yard, sprayed the weeds and now you have bare spots all over. Sometime this month they come and loosen up the soil, put grass seed and fertilizer down.
    Terry glad you were able to fix the blouse. How sad that you sister did what she did with a 401K. I feel for her family trying to get things right. Glad your weather is suppose to start cooling down. Next week it is going to get hot here again, figures, always does when school starts (Monday). Was quickly looking through my closet yesterday seeing what could be given away and found 3 dresses, my goodness have not worn a dress for at least 10 years at my Dad's Celebration of Life. Soft Surroundings had some real pretty long dresses, but what a waste of money for me to purchase one, most likely wear it once only.
    Danielle so sorry Jim still does not feel good. Hopefully the doctor's will run some tests to see just what is going on and be able to come up with a plan to help him. Did they test him for Covid even though he had the shots?
    Cathe that sounds silly on not leaving your pool order stuff by the post office. Guess they have their rules. Home Improvements, always something crops up that was not expected. We really need to get going on our bathroom but once again virus numbers going up, some other things are on hold until the bath gets done like carpet, however with Baxter trying to pull fibers out of the old stuff, just as well until he stops this.
    Jeannie that sounds like so much fun having a group of friends like you have. How old is your grandson now? Our granddaughter will be 3 November 1st and she talks up a storm now. We talked on the phone the other night, she was so funny. She has tons of toys, but somehow manages to get her Daddy to buy another toy when they go shopping in Target.
    Anna how is your week going?
    Denise glad things are improving health wise at your house.
    Cheryl, everyone still feeling better including you with the cough?
    Katy been doing any volunteering with the kitties?

Have a good Thursday everyone!!!!!
  • Scrappin 2
    Good afternoon!

I dislike my new printer. It is not like the old one. The pictures are printing out way too dark. I did lighted them in Picasa but I want to print straight from the phone. Maybe the problem is with receiving them from another I phone? I am going to try printing one I took on my phone, but I am very disappointed.

Danielle- If Jim doesn't think it is allergies find another doctor. We have to be our own advocates.
    Jim couldn't see? That is not an allergy symptom. Hope he is ok.

Terry- nice Steve got you flowers. That was thoughtful.
    Have a safe flight tomorrow.

Jane- Yep, wait till Baxter is done chewing the carpet.
    I'd wait on the bathroom if I were you. Maybe prices will go down. Plus after what I went thru..........I'd say leave it as it is. LOL
    But I do thing mine turned out pretty. We still need a door and trim. I have the towel bar, but Rum needs to put it up. I should learn how. I kind of do but with the molly bolts and what not I will let Rum do it.

Hi to all, gotta go start dinner.
  • Cdjohnson
    Good evening!! Unfortunately, Izzy, Priscilla and I all have COVID. Not sure where it came from since we are both vaccinated. The doctor said it could have just now shown up after being around Zoey and Zeke. My cough is about the same but I have lost my since of smell. Priscilla seems fine only tired. Izzy is running a fever and we have to keep switching between Tylenol and Motrin to keep it down. She woke up at 3 a.m. yesterday with a temp of 101.8. Priscilla took her to the doctor and she was tested for RSV and COVID. After they all us her positive results, we went and got tested. Never boring around my house!!

Cathe - Sorry your printer is not living up to your expectations!

Terry - I am glad that Melissa had some support and help. Yes, it is difficult to try and do all of those things while you are grieving. I just wanted to be by myself.

Anna - I have done fasting off and on before. I usually do 16 hour fast and then 8 hour eating window. However, it is better if you switch it up so your body doesn't get used to it and think it is normal. Yesterday was 22 hours and was not intentionally that long but just happened.
  • Scrappin 2
    Good morning!!
    we are leaving in a bit to go see my brother Rick and my SIL Lynette. They live 1 hr 45 min from here on Lake Bloomington. .......down near where we went to college. Actually Lynette teaches for Illinois State. We will spend the night. My sister Jean her DH big Rick are going too. The guys will golf today. I don't know what we girls are doing.

Cheryl- I've been saying prayers for little Izzy and the rest of you too.

Danielle- hope the baby arrives shortly!

My printer printed a photo from my phone just fine. The picture I printed from Casey's message to my phone is too dark. I lightened it up and it still looks funny.

Have a nice weekend. I will check back in on Sunday.
  • Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

well today it looks yuck here right now it is look really haze here today. i can't even seen the sun out. last night it was rain and thundering and lighting. poor Bella was barking alot. Well took Bella for her walk this morning. today is grocery store day. no baby yet my mom hasn't text me to tell me. well my husband call his MS doctor to see if he can help. he gave him some medicine for it and he think it a bad migraine but who know i think it is his Ms flavor up seen he has taken this new MS pills. i think these medicine is steroids .the doctor said he was going to Waite until he got his CLVd shot before he got his new MS pills that he only has to take once and be done for i don't how long.

hope everyone has a great friday
  • Terry0773
    Morning! Not doing a thing today except laundry. Steve cooked me a yummy fillet mignon, noodles, & asparagus for my BD dinner. I made whip cream from scratch and he put together strawberry shortcake. Yummy but he really made the portions large. I'm sure the glucose was off the charts!

Cathe: Sorry about the photos!! Why are you taking Casey's cell phone photos to your cell phone? If she would email them to you to save to the computer then the pixels wouldn't get wonky. And its just as easy to email as to text them. I've never ever been able to extract a texted photo so I think there's some kind of imbedding going on. This younger generation doesn't care about printing a photo so none of this matters to them. I hate hate hate cell phone photos!!!!! I don't leave until Monday so this weekend will be packing & cleaning. And guess what? I'm leaving here when the weather finally gets into the 70s and headed to Denver which will be in the 90s. Can't catch a break here!!!! Have fun this weekend!
    Cheryl: OM I'm so sorry you all have Covid. Poor little Izzy!!! I really need to get back to that dieting thing. It's a whole mindset and I need to push myself as its harder and harder to change old ways at this age!!
    Jane: I know I too have things in my closet that were bought for dressier times and I just don't do it anymore. Need to clean that out and stop looking at things like that in the catalogs. I wish someone would send me a catalog filled with graphic sweatshirts. Oh well... It finally rained early this morning. Hope there's more coming too.
    Danielle: I'm so sorry Jim is not feeling well. I know Cathe is right when she says you have to be your own advocate with doctors. They all have us as patients on a conveyor time clock. I don't think we get the care from them as happened in years past. So sad.

Hi Anna, Denise, Jeannie, & Katy!
  • OnlyJane
    Good afternoon,
    Sun is out, may hit 90 today. Not sure what the plans are for today. I should be outside working on some of the weeds behind the house, they are out of control.
    Terry that sure was a nice meal Steve cooked for you and to end it with some strawberry shortcake, yummy!!!!! I did take some photos off my iPhone of Aria that ds sent via text, saved it to the photo area of the iPhone, then emailed it to me and printed it from the computer, it came out just ok, not great, however directly sending iPhone pictures to Shutterfly for printing came out really great. How long of a flight will you have going to Denver?
    Cheryl so sorry you all have Covid, poor Izzy hope she is feeling better as well as the rest of you. Will we ever be free from this, sure makes you wonder.
    Cathe have fun on your mini trip.
    Danielle for some reason thought Jim had his Covid shot, I know you did right? Anyway hope they can find some things that will help him.

Hi to everyone not mentioned, hope your day is going well.
    Stay safe in all you do!!

• Southernlady2
    yes Jim got his covid shot the same time as me.
  • Rockmom
    Afternoon.

Cheryl, sorry y'all are sick. Take care of yourselves and try to drink plenty of liquids.

DD lost her sense of smell too. She is super duper tired but the cough is better I think.

Tim is fine, he got dressed and left the house. He has no symptoms.

Danielle, how's Jim? Take care of yourself too.

Jane my weeds are out of control too!

Terry, nice BD meal!

Cathe, safe and fun trip wishes sent your way.

Still need to finish school with the kids, do laundry, clean house, pick up groceries, and go to Walmart.

• Southernlady2
    well are air quality here is bad from the fires. the sky looks really bad today. i am stay inside.
  • Terry0773
    Good morning! It rained some yesterday which drove the temps down, removed the haze (smoke), and made me happy. I spent the day sewing and coloring my hair. Today is pretty much the same except I'll wash my wig and finish laundry. Tomorrow I clean and pack.

Jane: The flight to Denver is almost 2 hrs long. Then my sister lives about 25 min from the airport which they re-built way out in the country. The old one was in the middle of town and between houses and an air force base! Yep they expanded a whole town to enclose the airport and then complained of the noise. Really??? And the new one looks like a huge circus with the enormous tent-style structure. Google it...it's so funny looking! We are getting weeds too but I'll deal with those when I get back.
    Danielle: I saw an aerial photo that showed the smoke from the CA & OR fires and its amazing how far it traveled. Our haze came from them and I'm over 200 mi north. How did Jim do at the ER?
    Denise: glad that everyone is doing great! I miss the school clothes shopping for the littles. In fact I think I'll surprise Emma and give her some $$ for it too. We haven't had a chance to get her to mow this year due to the heat and nothing is growing. Feel bad about that.
    Anna: hope your weekend is fun and exciting.
    Cheryl: how are things at your house? Feeling ok?
    Cathe: hope you are having fun!!

Been up since 5am so I think I'll start sewing. Take care...
Please sign in to view the rest of the posts in this topic.