Username Post: Sizzix questions        (Topic#1674963)
New Kid On the Block
Posts: 1
Joined: 09-25-18

So I have been researching the Sizzix and the Cuttlebug. I think I am going to get the Sizzix Big Shot. My problem is that after watching so many videos and reading, I am still so confused! lol... I was wondering if it would be okay to ask a few question..

I make photo blocks that are about 1.5 inches, I want to be able to cut out letters to put on those, what does the Big Shot need to do that? Paper/scrapbooking paper letters. I also want to make paper flowers and felt flowers for other crafts, what kind of attachments or whatever they are called, are used for felt cutouts? There seems to be a lot of different die this and die that, and I am really confused =(

Any tips? Ideas? Suggestions? Thank you!

Posts: 1537
Joined: 02-23-07
  • don1 on 09-26-18 05:50 PM
In response to immeske

You would need letter dies. I know they come in sets, but I think they would be quite pricey. I don't know if you can buy only the letters you need. Maybe try craigslist or thrift stores.
I use letter templates, stencils and draw letters backward on the rear of the paper and cut them out with my craft knife or scissors.

Posts: 2506
Joined: 03-29-12
In response to don1

The big shot comes with the machine, a cutting platform and two cutting plates. You then have to buy dies to run through the machine. Tim Holtz has some great letter does. Where you buy one die and it has all the letters - in several different fonts. Heartfelt Creations has some amazing stamp and die sets that work together to make gorgeous flowers. Good luck!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics