Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: Choose your topic ATC swap        (Topic#1546651)
Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

ATCs (artist trading cards) are mini works of art (think mini layouts) that are fun to trade and share with other people for inspiration. They can also be a good way to experiment with new techniques but in a small format. ATCs must be 2.5x3.5 (same size as baseball cards) and are always traded, never sold. See below, or in my ATC album in my gallery, for examples of ATCs.

Have some fun, and join this ATC swap! The topic/ theme is entirely up to you. This swap is open to 15 people - you will make 1 ATC for each person in the group, including yourself. You can make 15 identical cards, 15 different cards, or some combination therein. Please read through all the rules/guidelines included in this post. They are here to help you understand what is expected of you by me and your fellow swappers. They are important.

Deadline to sign up: Dec 1 or until filled
Due Date: Feb 1 (after the holidays!)

1. Tina Scraps
2. Mooserific - disappeared
3. Toasty daddy - disappeared
4. Nightenbelle - disappeared
5. Renbear
6. Theellenb
7. chelacreates
8. sunrenay
9. mjmone
10. kozy scraps
11. TerriHooper
12. frecklesandpawprints
13. karmax3
14. armygirl
15. doglover1920

when in doubt ATC By Tina Scraps

bloom where you are planted ATC By Tina Scraps

pearl n flower ATC By Tina Scraps

Spin me Round Atc By Tina Scraps

*Cards need to be at least cardstock weight, not just pp.
*You MUST use at least 2 techniques/embellishments on each card (examples are -- but are not limited to: flowers, metal, ink, ribbon, fiber, buttons, doodling, brads, chalk, stamping, flocking, alcohol inks, ETC.) At least ONE element must be dimensional, ie buttons, ribbon, brads, etc.
*EVERY card needs to have your name and screen name on the back.
*you must include a card for yourself, to make swapping easier for me.

Please do your best work. This means making sure all text is spelled correctly, stamped images are clean/neat, cuts are straight, etc.

Mailing:
*When you're ready to mail, please pm me for my address.
*Protect your cards from damage - use padded envelope or bubble wrap, and mark the envelope "do not bend".
*include the same amount of postage that it cost you to mail to me plus an extra stamp in case you get back heavier cards
*include a return address label, and envie. If no return envie is included, I'll try to re-use the one that was sent, provided it wasn't too damaged in the mail.

Edited by Tina scraps on 02-11-11 10:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves
In response to Tina scraps

Can I join... I have been waiting for an ATC swap to open up! Woohoo!

Toasty Daddy
Tenant
Toasty Daddy
In response to SevenWolves

Me too. I have been keeping my eye on the swap board but nothing has interested me until now. Can I join even though I am new?

. . . . .
Expert
. . . . .
In response to Toasty Daddy

I'd like to join please

Renbear
Diva
Renbear
In response to . . . . .

I would soooo love to be included in this!!
I have been enjoying making my ATC's and I'm so happy to get to swap them!!
Thanks!
~Ren

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Renbear

so glad to have you all! first post is updated.

I haven't made too many ATCs lately myself, for a while I was obsessed. But I've been caught up in other projects and work, so I thought starting another swap would be perfect, since I love doing them. and there are some new atc products, including some canvas backings, in the superstore, which reminded me, too!

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee

I'm in please! I too have been waiting for an ATC swap. Thanks for hosting and thanks for making the due date after the holidaze!

chelacreates
Expert
chelacreates
In response to theellenbee

Can I play please :-)

Chela

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay
In response to chelacreates

I'll take a spot, too, please.

Edited by sunrenay on 11-10-10 02:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to sunrenay

yay, we're already half full!

I knew I'd never get anything done before the holidays, so I couldn't imagine any one else would, lol.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone

I'd love to join this, been thinking of making ATC's to catalog my Stampin Up sets...so, instead of making one, I'll make 2!

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay
In response to mjmone

Are we supposed to stick with acid free things?

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to sunrenay

Sunni, please do.

. . . . .
Expert
. . . . .

I got started on mine today. I didn't plan to start on them for a while- but after a hard day at work I needed to do something- and I learned something very valuable. Mid-weight card stock does not hold up well under glimmer mist. Or rather- it turns out beautifully, just turns into regular paper instead. But I can affix it to thicker card stock when it dries I think.

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay
In response to . . . . .

I started, too. I was having major buyer's remorse on a Fiskars 4 in 1 corner punch but it's perfect for these little cards.

ETA: Thanks, Tina!

Edited by sunrenay on 11-12-10 06:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to sunrenay

Last night I cut and painted and cut and painted and cut and painted...15 times! Everything is done except the gluing. This was so much fun that I am already looking forward to the next swap!

Renbear
Diva
Renbear

I'm still deciding on my techniques and embellishments for the challenge - but I did work on some other ATCs yesterday.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Renbear

oh boy, you early birds are making me feel bad, lol! I'm cropping tonight and tomorrow with friends, but I'm working on christmas cards and a gift for my mom. maybe I'll work on some ATCs too.

Kozy Scraps
Pro
Kozy Scraps

I would love to join.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Kozy Scraps

ok Pam, you're in!

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay

Well, I just got a new project that has to be done ASAP so I'll probably finish up my first 6 this weekend and the others will go on the back burner. I was just excited to try my first ATC!

Edited by sunrenay on 11-12-10 12:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kozy Scraps
Pro
Kozy Scraps

Great Thanks!!

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL
In response to Kozy Scraps

OK, I am easing myself back into swapping again and this one interests me. Since it has a far enough out due date after the holidays, I think I can handle it. I will take one spot and get started on it after Thanksgiving.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to AmyinFL

Don't hate me but I am finished!!!Pictures will be posted later today.

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves

Oh yes... we all hate you! lol

I'm like 6 swaps away from even starting mine! The good thing though... I've been scrapping swap stuff since 5 am (thank you baby Bleu for that, phf!) and I'm making good progress. I might get to this swap sooner than I thought.

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay

Fine! We'll just hate you cuz you're beautiful! (please tell me I'm not the only who remembers that ad.)

frecklesandpawprints
Resident
frecklesandpawprints

oooh I love making ATC's please sign me up!

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to frecklesandpawprints

I'm the type of gal who is early for everything! When my daughter was young I used to have ALL of holiday presents purchased and wrapped by Halloween! Scouts honor it's true, just ask her!! Even when I know I am meeting a friend who is perpetually late I still arrive early! It is a curse this OCD early necessity of mine. Oh, and Sunni, I remember the commercial and I thank you for the compliment even if it was said in jest!!

Karmax3
Guru
Karmax3

can i ave a spot, please send me your addy so i can mail them out asap, thanks

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Karmax3

Hope everyone likes them because I made 15!!!

ATC Card - Puzzle of Life By Theellenb

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

I would like to join this ATC swap. Thanks.

. . . . .
Expert
. . . . .
In response to armygirl

I like them theellenb! Can't wait to get mine!

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to . . . . .

Thank you Nightenbelle. Making them was so much fun but having you all check them out makes me nervous. I think I spent more time researching ATC cards than actually making them :-)

doglover1920
Expert
doglover1920

If there's room I'd love to play along.

Renbear
Diva
Renbear
In response to doglover1920

Hmmm...I'm thinking of a theme for mine, but I can't guarantee they're all going to be the same... I hope that's okay.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Renbear

For those whose real names aren't obvious by your username, would you please introduce yourself?

Renbear - no problem if they're not the same.

We are now officially full! woohooo.

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay

I'm Sunni. I've only been scrapping since April and I'm a bit of a plain jane so my ATCs will be fairly simple. I'm doing 3 different sets but they'll all be similar.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Man I hate it that I missed this!!! I LOVE ATC's!!!!Tina- If someone drops, PM me and I will take the spot!

. . . . .
Expert
. . . . .
In response to terrihooper

My name is Kimberly

I've been scrapping for 12 years. I've never actually swapped ATCs before- and mine will be random whatever suits my fancy at the moment.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to . . . . .

Hi,, My name is Silvia,, I have been in other swaps here on SB.com and I really enjoy all the ATCs I have received from other Crafters. This one should be nice since we have till next year to make our ATC. Im happy to be joining all of you in this swap.

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL
In response to armygirl

Checking in! Happy Monday. I am Amy.. that one is kinda obvious! LOL! Been scrapping several years, been on a hiatus of sorts the past couple years since my ex-husband and I split up. I am now remarried and happier than ever. I am ready to get back in the swing of things. I used to be very active here on sb.com and loved it. I have a husband now who is supportive of me and my habit! Still need to be able to fund that habit a bit more... LOL!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to AmyinFL

I think we'd all love to fund more of this habit, lol. luckily my bf and I have separate bank accounts, and I make more $ than he does (though I've never told him that, lol). he's usually pretty supportive, unless he a)steps on an eyelet, which leaves a hole in his foot for a veerrrryyyy long time b)sits on a needle that was dropped on the couch or c and most recent)gets poked in the back with a pair of scissors left on the bed

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to armygirl

my name is Karen...mjm is my dh's initials, he used it on our first email and it has 'stuck' as my internet name ever since.

do have a question, I would like to put my name in my signature, but can't remember how to edit it here. aye yi yi

I started scrapping after my dd left for college, @6 years ago, that and my cat were my cure for 'empty nest'.

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay
In response to mjmone

If you look under the tab "my forum settings", you'll find a link for the control panel and I think you'll find it there!

ETA: or under the forums drop down, the control panel is the first thing under "my forum stuff".

Edited by sunrenay on 11-15-10 06:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL
In response to sunrenay

To add to Sunni, once you click on Control Panel, the menu is on the left hand side, and just click on Signature. You can preview it and then submit it if you want to make sure it is just right. You can also add smilies, etc., font colors, bold, italics... just play with it a bit.

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves

• Tina scraps Said:
I think we'd all love to fund more of this habit, lol. luckily my bf and I have separate bank accounts, and I make more $ than he does (though I've never told him that, lol). he's usually pretty supportive, unless he a)steps on an eyelet, which leaves a hole in his foot for a veerrrryyyy long time b)sits on a needle that was dropped on the couch or c and most recent)gets poked in the back with a pair of scissors left on the bed

you are dangerous!

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves

I'm Nicole (aka Moose) I have been scrapping since I was 10. I have three boys (6,4 and 2) and a baby girl (8 months) who just got her first tooth today... thank god, because I don't know if I could handle another night of broken sleep.

Edited by Mooserific on 11-15-10 10:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone

thanks all! been looking under 'my profile' for something to edit.

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay

• Mooserific Said:
I'm Nicole (aka Moose) I have been scrapping since I was 10. I have three boys (6,4 and 2) and a baby girl (8 months) who just got her first tooth today... thank god, because I don't know if I could handle another night of broken sleep.

Wow! You're one busy Mom! Glad that tooth popped through.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

• Mooserific Said:
  • Tina scraps Said:

you are dangerous!

I know. that's one reason I know he loves me - no one else would put up with that!

doglover1920
Expert
doglover1920

Hi all, I'm Terry. Been scrapping about 8 years now but only "seriously" addicted the last couple. I've been watching the ATC movement for awhile now but have yet to take the plunge...so I'm really excited about doing this.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Terry, glad you joined us! as recent as 2 years ago, I didn't quite "get" ATCs - now I love them! it's just so much fun to trade with people, I put them in sheet protectors in a binder, to flip through for ideas and inspiration. and the small size is good for experimenting with new techniques, that's how I started getting acquainted with alcohol inks.

Toasty Daddy
Tenant
Toasty Daddy

howdy, i'm Nolan. i have not been scrapping long, couple of weeks actually, but i am very much loving it! my girlfriend is a scrapper and it is a good way for us to spend some quality time together, this is my first swap and i am excited to show what i can do and get some material for my gallery.

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves
In response to sunrenay

• sunrenay Said:
  • Mooserific Said:

she is still not sleeping through the night... aaahhh! kill me!... she was sleeping really good (10-12 hrs/night), but ever since she started teething, it's been horrible! My boys were never this difficult.

Renbear
Diva
Renbear

Hi! My name is Karen, yeah, another one
There has been a plethora of Karen's in my lifetime, so I am going by one of my many nicknames; Ren, on here to make things easier.
I have been hording scrap materials for a long time but I've been "seriously" scrapping for a few years now.
Once I completed my wedding album, then my Paris albums I've been more prolific.
Lately I've been really crazy with getting stuff done - mostly since I'm unemployed right now.

I got interested in ATCs over a year ago when I first heard about them and it took me a little while to get over the intimidation of trying to create one. And now I'm hooked.
I've created almost 100 of them now.
I use the ATC format to help jump start my creative juices, and like someone already mentioned - to try new techniques.

I completed some recently but haven't loaded the pics into my gallery yet.
I'm looking forward to this!
Ren

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Renbear

I'm Ellen and although I have only completed the 15 ATC cards am already working on more. I have been scrapping for just 6 months and love being able to create collages using photos. I call my style - everything but the kitchen sink - and I only do minis or 8x8 albums which seem to fit my style, my storage issues and my wallet. I have found a hobby for life and glad to be a part of this wonderful community!

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay

• Toasty Daddy Said:
howdy, i'm Nolan. i have not been scrapping long, couple of weeks actually, but i am very much loving it! my girlfriend is a scrapper and it is a good way for us to spend some quality time together, this is my first swap and i am excited to show what i can do and get some material for my gallery.

That's great that you want to share her hobby. My husband and I are still trying to find a hobby to do together. We tried geocaching last year but our daughter hated it. Maybe next year.

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay

• Mooserific Said:
  • sunrenay Said:
  • Mooserific Said:

she is still not sleeping through the night... aaahhh! kill me!... she was sleeping really good (10-12 hrs/night), but ever since she started teething, it's been horrible! My boys were never this difficult.

Teething was the pits for my poor DD, too. She never failed to get a cold but I'm grateful she wasn't much of a drooler-ick!

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay
In response to sunrenay

Ren, I'll be making your card from some leftover uglies!

doglover1920
Expert
doglover1920

• Toasty Daddy Said:

This is TOTALLY awesome!!! I've been trying to convince DH to scrapbook with me. I know he'd love it as he's a very creative person. He told me when I get a motorcycle and go riding with him he'll take up scrapping....like that'll ever happen! HAH! But I must admit he is extremely supportive of my addiction ...er hobby!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

I once read a blog written by a guy who wrote about scrapbooking with his girlfriend. I wish I could find it to link here! Jason is definitely not likely to get into scrapping. He is a major live music freak - he's what they call a "taper", which I'd never heard of before him - they tape the concerts they go to. you'd be surprised how many bands actually allow that, and outright encourage it, because it helps spread their music around. so I do go to concerts with him, and we've been able to share that. I don't, however, go to all of them,w hich is fine with both of us. I'm welcome to attend whatever show I want to go to with, and he's pretty good about suggesting performers that he thinks I'll enjoy. he's pretty good at judging that, tho he does owe me for a few, lol.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

I'm so antsy right now because I'm waiting for a sb.com delivery and it's not here yet! it's got some stuff I ordered for ATCs.
Products Referenced in This Post:

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL
In response to armygirl

My life has been so upside down lately, I have just had to go to the live, laugh love motto. I might try and come up with something along those lines for my cards. I have gone through some job issues, a death of my neighbor, but the job of locating his family was placed on me... LONG story... I'll share one day. Very stressful last few weeks... AND I have jury duty next week! NOT COOL! LOL! My 8 year old had 911 called out to school a couple weeks ago for busting his head open on the monkey bars.. .not the best call to get at work. I am really looking forward to this swap. I have never done ATC's, but really wanted to before.

Renbear
Diva
Renbear
In response to AmyinFL

• Quote:
Ren, I'll be making your card from some leftover uglies!
Sunni

Oh My!! Hee hee
Sunni, I have left overs of my uglies too!! *making dastardly plans while rubbing hands together* Mwahhh haaa haa haa!!

Okay ~ I crack myself up!

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay
In response to Renbear

Oh no, Amy! I hope your little boy is healing nicely. How nice of you to help your neighbor. It sounds like a sad story.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to sunrenay

HI ladies-- I am stalking --
I really wish I had checked the swaps forum before this closed!!!
I can't wait to see the neat things you all do!

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay

Hi, Terri! I'm stalking the charm swap. Those girls really need to get busy so I can see more!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to sunrenay

lol Terri - I'll try to remember next time to tell you if I open an ATC swap

provinca
Governor
provinca

Oh dang! You're full. If you have a waiting list, I'd love to be on it! I discovered ATC this past summer and have been waiting for some swaps to happen here at sb.com. Up until now, I've been swapping on a different website. I love ATCs!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to provinca

JCI

Karmax3
Guru
Karmax3
In response to armygirl

Deep breaths, I get the same way. Thats why i like to buy from the store I get crazy waiting for things. Hope everyone has a great Sunday. Started working on mine doing the Tim Holtz thing for this one love the destressed look. Will post a pic tommrow they are almost done.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Karmax3

Can I share? I am now so in love with ATC's that I made two more. This is just my second attempt and it was even more fun than the first! I am hooked!!

ATC's for Sunni & I By Theellenb

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

• Tina scraps Said:
lol Terri - I'll try to remember next time to tell you if I open an ATC swap

THANKS!!!

Karmax3
Guru
Karmax3

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/122813/view /3011941/...

Here is a link to my finished ATC.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Karmax3

cute ATCs! I'm curious - how long do people spend on their ATCs? You'd think it'd be faster, but sometimes I seriously think I take almost as long as with an actual layout!

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay

Mine are very simple but I'm a slow scrapper. I'll see how long it takes me when I do the next set.

Toasty Daddy
Tenant
Toasty Daddy
In response to sunrenay

hey, just checking in. still trying to make up my mind, so many ideas.

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves

jci

Karmax3
Guru
Karmax3

It can take me hours to get a atc to where I like it, so I guess it just depends.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Karmax3

I'm still a novice but for me the hard part has been deciding what to do. Once I design it in my mind the rest is easy peasy. My next set will be my birthday ATC's for friends. Figuring out what photo to use and the "just right" quote has been tough but now that I have it I expect to finish the nine that I am making in just one afternoon. One of the reasons I love making ATC's is because they take me much less time than a LO.

Karmax3
Guru
Karmax3

I same mine and use them for cards its quick and easy. I store them in a trading card holders in binders where they are always at my finger tips.

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL
In response to Karmax3

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to AmyinFL

have a good turkey/potato/stuffing/pi e/whatever you eat day

frecklesandpawprints
Resident
frecklesandpawprints

hope you all had a great Turkey day I am just checking in!

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves
In response to frecklesandpawprints

jci

Renbear
Diva
Renbear

Hmmm...thinking...I guess I don't notice exactly how much time I take on my ATC's. I know that they do take a while, but I don't really mind how much time I am working on them or my layouts, its all therapy to me!

Karmax3
Guru
Karmax3
In response to Renbear

Checkin in here. have a great day

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to Karmax3

jci

. . . . .
Expert
. . . . .
In response to mjmone

Hope ya'll had a great Turkey day. I'm jci- I think I'm going to post a couple of my works in progress tonight- on two of them I need some advice I think.

Renbear
Diva
Renbear
In response to . . . . .

Just peeking in to say HI and see what's new!

doglover1920
Expert
doglover1920
In response to Renbear

JCI!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Renbear

• Renbear Said:
Hmmm...thinking...I guess I don't notice exactly how much time I take on my ATC's. I know that they do take a while, but I don't really mind how much time I am working on them or my layouts, its all therapy to me!

yep, I'm like that too! I did get started on a few this weekend, I'm hoping to finish them up tonight and post them.

Renbear
Diva
Renbear

Hee heee heee...I've been working on some more ATCs for the past couple of hours this evening...I might have to join a 12 step program

Karmax3
Guru
Karmax3
In response to Renbear

Yah our twelve step goes like this Step 1) pick your paper 2)get an idea 3) join a swap and so on I have been on the twelve stap for years. LOL

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay
In response to Karmax3

It's not even December and I'm swamped.

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves
In response to sunrenay

just checking in

Toasty Daddy
Tenant
Toasty Daddy

checking in, going shopping tomorrow for some supplies.

. . . . .
Expert
. . . . .

Jci :-)

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to . . . . .

ok, so I never finished or posted my ATCs. good thing we have plenty of time, lol. some days I feel like it takes me so much effort to be creative.

Renbear
Diva
Renbear

Stopping in to say Hello and leave

Have a great day!
~Ren

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics