Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: Fabric Art Tags Swap CLOSED SWAPPING OUT!!!        (Topic#1553503)
crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty

Toccara Feliciano
6426 Oaktree Ct.
Tampa, Fl 33610
Hello I am finally back to host another swap. the last big swap I hosted was a hug success back in early 2010 and I am finally ready for another after having a rough ending in 2010. Here is a swap that I though would be nice.

FABRIC ART TAGS
These tags are just what they are called art. They are sort of like ATC's, you can add whatever you like on the tags. They are for scrapbook layouts and they are considered a tag that is fully embellished and used as an embellishment to complete a page. here is an example:

I think these are so darling especially if you like fabric and want to play around with it to make something beautiful.

Rules: You must have a sturdy base as chipboard, cardboard. If you are advance with sewing and you will be sewing you wont need a base such as chipboard or cardboard. I don't want the tags falling apart so only if you are advance with sewing you are not required to use a base.

You must use fabric It is a fabric art tag so make sure you have fabric or want to purchase it before signing up. you have to use atlest 4 different types of fabric My cardboard is measured around 2.4in x 2.3in so we can start there as the smallest we will go. IF you want to go bigger that is your choice but remember everone else may not go bigger so keep that in mind.

You Must include a word on the tag. The tag would not be complete if it did not have at least one word.

You must include at least two embellishemnts.
You can sew or glue on your fabric your choice. No themes just go for what you know!
You Must make 4 tags!
We are all talented ladies here and I am excited about this swap!

Shipping rules: Please seperate the tags in individual bags with your name on each of them on the back or on the baggie. Include an extra envie for your tags with your addy and postage already on it...this makes it so much easier. Put the same postage and an extra one or two stamps on the postage to ensure there is enough postage or for heavier tags.
upload pics of your creations so that we can see.

QUALITY LADIES IS A MUST: We all have different styles but make sure you are doing you best and sticking to the rules. I have been in swap where some did not stick to the rules and I added everything on my creations that I was supposed to and got back something that was half done or not even close to what we were asked to have. I will not distribute out items that are not in compliance to people that followed the rules. It is not fair and I don't have the heart to do people that way. As hostess I have to make sure that all rules are followed as to quantity of embellishemnts and such.
DUE DATE TO MY HOUSE IS APRIL 20th I want to give everyone time to get these done.
Happy Creating!!!!
If I left anything out let me know it has been awhile since hosting and I may have left out important info! SWAP WILL CLOSE IN & DAYS FEB 27th
International please send in enough time to be recieved by due date! Thanks!

PARTICIPANTS:

1.Crafty Lefty FINISHED
2. Huskersfan RECEIVED
3.DKravec RECEIVED
4.Scrappinggrand FLAKED
5.AndiebeeRECEIVED
6. MarticaRECEIVED
7. MidnitescrapperRECEIVED
8. Moon PuffRECEIVED
9. CutencraftyRECEIVED
10. Stretch9089RECEIVED
11. RosieNJRECEIVED
12. amymwzRECEIVED
13. Scrapbooking TeacherRECEIVED

huskerfan
Guru
huskerfan
In response to crafty lefty

Hi,
I would like to join in the swap. I have never made fabric tags before but I would like to give them a try if you'll have me. How big do you make the tags?
Thanks, Patty

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to huskerfan

No problem I will add you.

we are going to go with atleast 2.4in x 2.3 being the smallest we will go. I don't measure I just cut on with my cutting machine at the size that looks right for me...so I measured my cardboard size being a decent size and those are the measurements so you can go bigger than that but not smaller than that.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty

Nice to meet you by the way I am Toccara and I have never met you so Hi!

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty

I have updated the size thanks!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

This looks really interesting Toccara. I do believe I'll give this a try. Thanks.

huskerfan
Guru
huskerfan
In response to DKravec

Thanks Toccara, and its nice to meet you too

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to huskerfan

Hi Toccara!!
This sounds like a great swap!! But i must come up with an idea before I can join, OK?? I added this to my favorites!!

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to huskerfan

Put me down Toccara. I have done ornaments before like this so It will be fun.....

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Martica

YaY!!!! more people. I'm thinking the whole fabric thing might be a nice change for me.

scrappinggrand
New Kid On the Block
scrappinggrand
In response to DKravec

WOW! I would love to join this swap

AndieBee
Expert
AndieBee
In response to scrappinggrand

Hi Toccara! I'd like a spot in your swap please ma'am.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to AndieBee

Okay I have all of you ladies added! Melody Hope to see you come back and join! Sorry it took so long three of my childhood friends stopped by have not seen them in a long time so it has been fun.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

It's always so nice to have time with your friends. Not too worry, Melody will be back. We've been working on her. Hope everyone is having a good day.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to DKravec

Toccara, you forgot to add Martica to the list.

Martica
Queen
Martica
In response to DKravec

Boohoo she forgot me....

midnitescrapper
Idol
midnitescrapper
In response to Martica

Oh my gosh do I ever want to join this, of course after swearing off all swaps for a while. Soooo tempting!

I am with Melody, need an idea first before I commit, and to finish off my other swaps. Tocarra, how long will you be taking sign-ups?

The temptation!

huskerfan
Guru
huskerfan
In response to midnitescrapper

Another question, Do we make all 4 tags the same?
thanks

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to Martica

How did I manage to do that! I am soo sorry...I love you Martica it was unintentional

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty

7 days cut off is the 27th of Feb

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to huskerfan

They don't have to be. you can do whatever you like!

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty

Do it! Do it! Do it!

midnitescrapper
Idol
midnitescrapper

Ok, who can resist the dancing banana, lol? This is sooo different from anything I have been doing I have to. Covers eyes and cringes...Sign me up!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Good call Vicki.
I'll most likely make each of my tags different. I bore easily of the same thing and need constant change. Must be why I'm constantly moving furniture around.

midnitescrapper
Idol
midnitescrapper
In response to DKravec

What distresses me is I no longer have ANY sewing stuff, I had a great fabric collection, sewing machine, serger, tons of everything related. It all got left in the move. Now I have a cheapo toy? sewing machine i have no idea if it even works. Makes me sick all I had to leave.

But these are small, so not like I have to get fabric for a king sized quilt or anything, lol.

Can I even see to sew anymore? Guess I will find out!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

There's always fabric glue. I can squeeze that tube with the best of them.

scrappinggrand
New Kid On the Block
scrappinggrand

Good morning ladies just checking in

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to scrappinggrand

Glad I stopped in here- can I have a spot please?

I posted a swap using fabric last month and got no takers. So glad to see your's is taking off. I love fabric.

Thanks

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to cutencrafty

Morning ladies. Off to a slow start. But it's a gorgeous day today.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to DKravec

I would like to join this.
My name is Moon

And I live about 35 minutes North of you Toccara!

Edited by moonpuff on 02-21-11 11:07 AM. Reason for edit: cause I spell worse than my 3rd grader!

Adriann
Diva
Adriann
In response to moonpuff

this sounds like fun...let me bump this to think about.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to Adriann

Hope you join Adriann. We haven't been in a swap together for quite some time.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to DKravec

going to start updating! Hope you day has gone well ladies!

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty

YAY!!!!!!!!!!Glad to have you!

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty

Yes you may I will sign you up.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to moonpuff

WOW! I am seeing a few people that are close to me ,more than I ever have since being a member of this site! WHere are you exactally?

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Welcome aboard Michelle and Moon. Good to see more people on board and looking forward to getting to know you.

Hi Toccara. How was your day today.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to DKravec

IT was great...did a little grilling outside, the weather was great! Spent time with the kids and hubby and now I am having my personal fun time which is scrapping, crafting and hanging out with my online friends! How was your day?

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty

any ideas on what you are going to do yet? I have my fabric just have to see how I want to put this all together! I think once everyone finshes one the others will be a breeze.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Bummer, I missed yacking with you. I have no idea what I'm going to do just yet. I'm guessing we can do whatever we want as long as we use fabric with it. I'll have to think on it for a bit.

stretch9089
Idol
stretch9089
In response to DKravec

Hey!! how did I miss this? not wanting to join anymore swaps but this looks really fun!! sign me up!! Hi ladies!!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to stretch9089

Hi ya Sandy. Glad you joined with us. It does look like fun. I've never done the fabric thing on tags before.

midnitescrapper
Idol
midnitescrapper

Yay, Hi Sandy, was hoping you would join this, you will be really good at it.

Adriann!!!!! Hi, long time no see, so good to see you here! How have you been?

TY Tocarra, I already love this swap, great idea!

midnitescrapper
Idol
midnitescrapper

Hi Deb, I am chasing you all over the threads, lol...slow down!

stretch9089
Idol
stretch9089

Yeah I am looking for something different, I guess that is the reason I was slacking down on swaps or none at all, I wanted to see something different in swaps besides the same old thing, and I am happy about this one, let see Ummmmm!!....what I am gonna do!!!

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty

I am glad everyone is getting excited! Sandy I am headed over to sign you up! Thanks for joining. MDScrapper I see you are still around. I am scrapping doing some swap items for the flower swap hosted by Linn. I am almost done then I can work on getting my fabric together to see how I want to put these thing together. This is going to be so much fun!

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty

I am glad that this swap is different that we can all get excited again about swapping!LOL

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty

headed back to my craft table...I am on hubby's computer and don't feel like messing around with the laptop so see you all tomorrow God's Will!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

By Toccara. See ya tomorrow.

Vicki, try to keep up girl. I'm old so I can't run too fast.

Looking forward to seeing someone make something so I can get some type of an idea. Who's going to be first to post something.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

I am in Spring HIll

scrapbookingteacher
Idol
scrapbookingteacher
In response to DKravec

Let me check out my fabric to see If I have the right materials. I will get back to you. Can each tag be different or do all four have to be the same? I found a set in my stash of words printed on ribbon, but they are all different words.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to scrapbookingteacher

They can all be different! Your choice...let me know we will be glad to have you!

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty

Hello everyone! Trying to get it together for these tags! I have some great ideas I hope I can get them all on the tags!

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to DKravec

Love the new avatar...I went to Michales today and got a bunch of great stuff! Great sale on some beautiful beads and items to make jewelry. Maybe the stuff I purchased will inspire me to do my first layout for 2011!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Hi Toccora!!
I really love the sound of this swap, but have been unable to come up with any good idea's, so I will have to pass this time!! I will be sticking around to see what you all come up!! Should be fun to see so much creativity!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to FinallyMama

Awwwwe Melody, Going to miss having you here.
I haven't come up with any ideas yet either but I'm going to sit down later and give some thought to it.
Toccara, looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I'm hoping it will spark some thought waves.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to DKravec

That's okay Melody...please stop in from time to time. I am on my way to go get one done now...hopefully I have something I am happy with when I finish.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Oh Yay, I look forward to some inspiration.

huskerfan
Guru
huskerfan
In response to DKravec

I am going fabric shopping tomorrow can't wait to see what I find.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to huskerfan

okay debbie, I am still working on them...I think I had 30 min to work with all stops I have had to do today...when I come from bible study tonight I am going to work on them so more.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to huskerfan

ooh have fun shopping for that fabric!

AndieBee
Expert
AndieBee

Toccara, is Timtex an acceptable backing for this project?

stretch9089
Idol
stretch9089
In response to AndieBee

I started mine today, will work on more tomorrow.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

What is timetex. Well it's obvious that sewing isn't a norm for me.

huskerfan
Guru
huskerfan
In response to DKravec

I am going to try to sewing them but if that doesn't work out what is the best fabric glue?
Thanks

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to huskerfan

Fabritac is a good one that I use when I don't feel like sewing! it's a very strong adhesive for fabric.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to AndieBee

yes it is. I fotgot all about this...I was in papercrafting mode and I don't sew all the time but I know about it. Yes go for it!

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to DKravec

It is a heavy weight interfacing like what people use in handbags to make them stand up when they are handmade. I forgot all about this because I don't sew often but my grandmother does and I know all about timetex.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty

okay going back to my scraproom. Bible study was great and I can't wait to finish working on tags!

AndieBee
Expert
AndieBee

Hooray for Timtex and Fabritac! lol Just want to add that Timtex is heavyweight interfacing but it's not heavy (if that makes sense) and it has a little flexibility to it.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to AndieBee

JCI it is early only 9am so I will see you all a little later. Just wanted to check in to see if anyone was here late last night after I left.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Went through my fabric I had at home so I have my fabrics and cut them out last night.

Debbie, I love your new avi, very nice.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

I got bored looking at my face on my avi. This is so much cuter. It's bright and cheery. Thanks

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty

JCI my tag is coming along!YAY!!!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Has anyone else started their tags yet. I'm dieing to see what everyone does. Really need some idea's. Maybe I'll hit the internet and see what comes up.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to DKravec

I sure wish someone would finish one and post quick!! I'm dying to see them!! Maybe I could still get an idea before times up!!

stretch9089
Idol
stretch9089
In response to FinallyMama

I started 2 of mine, I'll post a pic tomorrow of what I did.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty

Fabric Art Tag Swap By Crafty Lefty

Here is my first try at this...I may or may not use this one for the swap but this help me get an idea of what I want to do and the time it takes to really make these come together. I have never worked with fabric in this manner so you do have to be very creative especially if you want to do something different than what is on the example I posted!

huskerfan
Guru
huskerfan

Toccara, that is so pretty.

I have been working on one tonight. Now I am just trying to find the right word to put on it.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to huskerfan

Awesome design Toccara. I'm going to run over to your gallery and get a closer look.

Sandy, I'm eager to see yours also. I need lots of help and inspiration here. Totally clueless on fabric.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to DKravec

OK, question....Does lace, ribbon and trim count as fabric also. And can I also add an image to mine if I want. And I'm guessing we can add lots of embellies of any sort too, right.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to huskerfan

It was hard trying to find the right word or words to put on it...

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to DKravec

I would count ribbon as fabric...I counted my ric rac as fabric so that is totally cool with me. I would also miminize the four types of ribbon to 2-3 manditory because it depends on your style if you can get that much fabric on one. WIth the design I went with for this first tag, and with how cute and detailed the fabric was if I had put more fabric it would have taken away from the detailed fabric. So I would say just use at least 2-3 pieces of fabric. Hope this helps!

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to DKravec

images and all that good stuff is awesome! The main thing of this swap is to use a fabric..Fabric comes in all different forms so whatever fabric you find...I just want the fabric to be the main emebllishment on the tags! Hope this helps!

stretch9089
Idol
stretch9089

Hi Ladies!! I am trying to upload mine now, give me a minute!

stretch9089
Idol
stretch9089

Here is one of my tags, there more in my gallery if you wanna take a peek!!
Fabric Tag Swap! By Stretch9089

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Thanks Toccara, I understand more now.
Sandy, Heading over to your gallery now. It looks awesome.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to DKravec

Fabric Art Tag By Crafty Lefty
here is another tag! They are getting better and better as i create one after the other.

DKravec
Angel
DKravec

Wowzer Toccara, that one is HOT

stretch9089
Idol
stretch9089
In response to DKravec

Thanks ladies for stopping by my gallery and leaving comments on my tags, I really enjoyed making them, it was fun stamping on fabric, something different for me!!

RosieNJ
Veteran
RosieNJ

Your tags are beautiful ladies!! I am going to stalk ya'all for a bit. I just started to get back into swapping and love this swap. I'll think about ideas of what I could come up with and post back this weekend.

huskerfan
Guru
huskerfan
In response to RosieNJ

Here are two of the tags I made.

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to RosieNJ

oksy great!

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to DKravec

Thanks! I am glad you like it!

crafty lefty
Guru
crafty lefty
In response to huskerfan

those are so cute! love the colors

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to RosieNJ

• RosieNJ Said:
Your tags are beautiful ladies!! I am going to stalk ya'all for a bit. I just started to get back into swapping and love this swap. I'll think about ideas of what I could come up with and post back this weekend.

OH Rosie, it's so good to see you again. I think about you all the time and wonder how you're doing. It does my heart good to see you back at sb.com.

Lovin' all the new fabric tags. You all have given me some great inspiration.

RosieNJ
Veteran
RosieNJ
In response to DKravec

Hi Debbie!! I've missed you all as well. I always received such wonderful inspiration and encouragement from the work of everyone here. And I decided to go ahead and take the plunge on this swap. So many beautiful pieces already completed that I'm excited now. Gotta dig through my fabric stash and closets to see what I could possible cut up (hehehe)

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to RosieNJ

I have a closet full of clothes I can use that I must have shrunk. And you believe that one, I'll tell you that my scale has been lieing to me for years now also.

huskerfan
Guru
huskerfan
In response to DKravec

lol Debbie, I have that same problem
btw your blog is awesome!

DKravec
Angel
DKravec
In response to huskerfan

Awe, thanks. You're so sweet to check out my blog. Even I don't go in their that often.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics