Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: March recipe card swap -closed and mailed out        (Topic#1571133)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

OOPS - Have a recipe that you came up with quite by accident? You wanted to make something else but didn't have the right ingredients so you experimented with something off the wall and it actually tasted good? Here's your chance to share it with others. I like to call these "OOPS" recipes

Green - Or since March is associated with St. Patrick's Day and doesn't matter who you are, everyone is Irish on St. Patty's day and everyone wears green, so this month's theme is Green! Any recipe involving a green veggie, dessert, drink mix. But be sure it's one you've tried and tested. Now if, you are Irish and have a favorite Irish recipe, then you can sign up for that instead.

Here's the catch: Since this is a scrapbooking site, your recipe card will have to be decorated scrap book style. Say for example, your recipe is chocolate covered cherries, could make your recipe card on brown and red cardstock, add some cherries or red gems/ribbon.

When you sign up, please let me know what your recipe will be and an alternate, in case someone beat you to it.

Here are the rules:

1. Sign-ups will be accepted until 3/17/12.
2. Recipe must be typed out.
3. Recipe card must have at least 3 embellishments
4. Recipe cards must also be made out of a heavy duty cardstock or similar material that is acid free for those who wish to put this in a photo album and must be 4x6. You can make it 8x6 and fold it in half or do a 12x6 and make a trifold.
5. The number of recipes cards you make will depend on the number of people who sign up. I am going to limit it to 10 people per category. If there is more interest, then I might start up a second group.
6. All cards must be in my hands by 3/31/12, that does NOT mean post mark day. I will be swapping them out that week. I want to make sure everyone has their cards in their hands before Easter!

7. Mailing: I will try to use the same envelope as long as it's in good condition. If it's been used numerous times and the outside is getting thin, then you might want to get new envelope. Please include a return address label. I have enough tape, so I can tape it on, if needed. Include the same amount of postage, plus four 10 cents extra postage stamps.

For people swapping from overseas - I accept Paypal. Pm me for my email address.

** OOPS **

1. hostess - pork & bean chili with Manwhich sauce
2. Melissa - Taco pasta shells
3. Johnnie's girl - chicken broccoli ring
4. Nicole

** GREEN **
1. Melissa - Grasshopper Cheesecake
2. Johnnie's girl - pistachio bar dessert
3. Nicole
4. Sally - artichoke spinach dip
5. Jessica - Andes mint thumb print cookies

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 04-15-12 07:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem
In response to Lookin4newideas

Thanks for hosting this swap again! I had fun making the Valentine's recipe cards. I'd like to sign up for the OOPS category as well as the Green category.

OOPS - Taco pasta shells (I had everything to make tacos, except the shells!!! So, we used a box of jumbo pasta shells and baked the "tacos" instead!)

Green - Grasshopper Cheesecake

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Melissa Birlem

That sounds good. I bet my daughter would love that!

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

Hope a few more people sign up this month! I really like this swap!!!

johnniesgirl22
Veteran
johnniesgirl22

hey there - i would like to sign up - for the OOOPS please put me down for "Chicken Broccoli Ring" and for the green I think I will do Pistachio Bar Dessert

Thanks!

Edited by johnniesgirl22 on 03-02-12 08:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem
In response to johnniesgirl22

Woohoo! Welcome JohnniesGirl! How did you come up with the chicken broccoli ring?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Welcome Johnnie's girl. Those sound very yummy!

johnniesgirl22
Veteran
johnniesgirl22

Thank you ladies - the chicken broccoli ring did not call for creme cheese only soup; so I added some creme cheese to it and less soup - I have had different variations on it when I make it - but this one seems to get eaten faster.

Look forward to this swap - I love cooking and have done a couple of others it should be fun! If we do not get more signed up I will consider doing another set of each catagory.

Have a great weekend!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda

I'd love to join but its a really busy month. Cakes and bdays everywhere. I'll be back in april

johnniesgirl22
Veteran
johnniesgirl22
In response to littleMRSimelda

Hey there just checking in - we need to get some more participants!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I know.. I just posted in a few places.. so we'll see.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

This month seems a bit slow for a lot of swaps... so many new ones are popping up all over.

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

There are so many different swaps, I guess some people have a hard time choosing? I love to cook, so this swap is perfect for me! I hope it doesn't pitter away :(.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'll keep it going. Even if we're only making three cards, we'll be getting a couple of new recipes in return.

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

Thanks Sally! You're the bestest! I love the recipes from Feb. Can't wait to try all of them!

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan

I'll sign up, both groups... I just need to figure out what i am going to do... is this a monthly swap? i would love to see what recipes i could collect over the course of a year.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Crafty Nautolan

Yes, I think this is the 4th month since I started it. The first month, there were about 6 different categories, then we did Christmas cookies, then last month was chocolate. I find it's easier to keep the number of categories down to 2 or 3.

(Melissa, you made me blush!)

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

Welcome Nautolan!

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

I would love to join this...my only problem is the size of them. I was involved in another recipe swap on another scrapbook site, and every month is had to ALWAYS be 6"x6". So every month, do the sizes change, or are they always 4X6?

johnniesgirl22
Veteran
johnniesgirl22
In response to jessicaLB

The other recipe swaps I have seen are usually 6 x 6 this is a different size, I am going to try it out.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

In this swap, they're 4x6. This way they can fit into a recipe card box. The first month I started this someone suggested doing an altered card box. Three of us signed up and I was the only one to mail one out. But I made sure the cards fit in the box.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 03-07-12 04:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

Wow, Sally you have gotten burned alot.
I can always just put a 4x6 card on a 6x6 sheet of paper, or just open up a seperate 6x6 swap. Either way would be fun...I LOVE doing recipe cards.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Just curious, when you made the 6x6 recipe cards, what did you store them in?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

LOL.. yeah, I guess I have been burned a lot.. I did another mini tp and tag swap with JenniferD from Australia. I mailed 4 out and only got one in return. I think with the ornament swap, I made two and only got one back. You take those chances when you sign up. Jen said she still plans to mail hers out whenever her restaurant is in full swing. Just everything happened with her around the holidays and with the new business, everything got packed away and she hasn't had time to go searching. She too is still waiting on several things to be sent back to her.

What I do now when I host, I give someone my phone number so if I ever disappear, they can call and find out what's up. My daughter knows to have one of my sister's pack everything up and mail it to someone to finish the swap if I can't.

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

They have 6x6 mini albums with clear sleeves. Thats what I store mine in.

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem
In response to jessicaLB

I really like the 4x6 cards. they're convenient to store and easy to work with. Glad to see more people coming in! Sally, I'm so sorry you've been burned so much!!!

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan

i like 4x6 because when i get a ton of them they are good in a photo storage box

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jessicaLB

OH, ok.. I've received two 6x6 friendships cards so far and was wondering where/how I was going to store them. Both have a lot of detail in them so I want to keep them safe.

johnniesgirl22
Veteran
johnniesgirl22

Just poppin in this morning to give a shout - hope you have a great weekend ladies!

laba
laba 
Veteran
laba
  • laba on 03-09-12 08:50 AM

ok jci

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB
In response to laba

Right. I just worry about keeping them protected from splattering or spills when using the recipe. But maybe I'll give this a shot to see how they turn out, and maybe...I'll be a changed woman!!

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

Can you sign me up for Green, please??

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jessicaLB

I have you signed up! And Laba, you wanted the green category, too, right?

We had someone two months ago said she kept her cards in a regular photo album. I'm not sure if it was the kind you slip the photo in or not.

laba
laba 
Veteran
laba
  • laba on 03-10-12 06:13 AM

yes please is that like a green dessert or green drink

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to laba

Yes, anything that has something green in it.

laba
laba 
Veteran
laba
  • laba on 03-11-12 04:42 AM

ok cool how many do we make

laba
laba 
Veteran
laba
  • laba on 03-11-12 12:50 PM

can i do green eggs and ham lol

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to laba

LOL..

Depends on how many people sign up for that category. I have sign-ups open until next Saturday. SO if no one joins this week, we're at 6 people in the green category, you'll make 6. With this swap, I ask that everyone makes one for themselves when I swap out.

Once everyone decides which recipe they're going to share, please let me know so I can post it on the first page so we don't get two people doing the same things.

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

jci... hopefully going postal saturday!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Cool, you're always so fast!

Since I have the last day to sign up is Saturday, would it be possible to hold off until Monday? Just in case you need to make an extra one.. .Thanks!

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

Of course! I didn't even pay attention to the last sign up day. Sorry!!!! I'll wait til next week. Probably end up adding more to the cards by then!

Just trying to stay on top of all these swaps!

laba
laba 
Veteran
laba
  • laba on 03-15-12 11:17 AM

working on mine when do they need to be in by

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

I'm going to do Andes mint thumb print cookies

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jessicaLB

Ideally, the cards have to be mailed out by 3/28.

mmm, Jessica, those sound good.

I found an easy recipe for garlic broccoli. I might do two sets for green.. depends on how fast I can whip them out!

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan

Ok, I've been brain storming over this with my husband since I signed up and I think I have decided what to do in each catagory...

Green: Spinach Artichoke dip
Oops: Cowpies (be afraid, be very afraid)

I only made the cowpies once and since it was a fantastic accident, I don't have the recipe written down anywhere and it is kinda complicated... but I am going to attempt to do it again over the weekend so I can write out the recipe. If it bombs I'll have to think of something else. Wish me luck... the cowpies taste better than the name suggests.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

LOL.. about the bombing part. I know how that is. But hate to tell you this but I signed up for Spinach Artichoke dip!! In fact I made it and that's what we had for dinner tonight!

laba
laba 
Veteran
laba
  • laba on 03-16-12 06:57 PM

jci working on mine still

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to laba

Now, talk about a big OOPS recipe.. I was invited to a low key/laid back wedding yesterday. I offered to make a cookie tray since the only dessert they had was the cake. I started to make these coconut bars from a recipe on the bag. You know when they list the ingredients, if they want you to use it in two different parts, they usually list 2c flour, divided. Well, they didn't. Instead of me reading through the recipe first, I just started reading, mix the butter, brown sugar, and the flour.. not how much flour and put all of it. Here it was only to make a bottom layer crust. So, I had to start over. Put that bowl aside and figured I could use it for something else. Then I went to make the No Bake Oatmeal cookies. You know how you melt the butter with the sugar and cocoa powder and then bring it to a boil for one minute? Well, my daughter was getting ready to go to the parade downtown while I was baking. She was going out the door just as I put everything in the pan and turned the burner on. I said, "Wait, I want to take a couple of pictures of you" and totatlly forgot about the stove. Then after taking pictures I remembered I left the stove on, but finished making the cookies.. They didn't harden up within the next hour, so I took about a dozen of the mushy cookies and about a cup of the flour mixture. Tried baking them for about 13-15 minutes, still not baking right, so left them in another 3 min. They looked good... but thinned out and as soon as I took them off the baking pan, they started crisping up. I needed to fill a hole on the tray, so I included them anyway. I just called them oatmeal crisps! Later on, I saw my friend/the groom, eating one and told him I hope they didn't taste too bad. That it was an oops cookie. He said they were exactly the same way his mother had baked them and he grew up with crispy oatmeal cookies and love them! Everyone else must have too, because there was only one left by the time I went home and I tried it and by evening, it has softened a bit and was really good!

But I think it would be too complicated to try and duplicate that recipe!

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan

ha, i love when stuff like that happens...

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

Nice save Sally!!

laba
laba 
Veteran
laba
  • laba on 03-20-12 06:51 AM

jci

laba
laba 
Veteran
laba
  • laba on 03-21-12 11:42 AM

im sorry but im going to have to back out of this one if u are doing one next month i can do it just things have came up this month

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem
In response to laba

Sorry to hear that Laba, hope everything is ok!

laba
laba 
Veteran
laba
  • laba on 03-22-12 10:05 AM

just dont have the extra money to send out the envie with 12 recipe cards

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem
In response to laba

I definitely understand! My DH and I had that conversation last month. Trying to get back on our feet here too.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I haven't been working in almost 3 years, I understand... If there's enough interest, I'll be doing it again next month. I know I've been trying to keep my swaps so that they can fit in a regular greeting (card) envelope.

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan

i just spent 10.40 mailing in a swap because it was over 1 lb and too big for the small flat rate box, i almost choked... but it was a bigger swap, however, i am trying to keep it small from now on. Even not really being on a tight budget, I don't want to be throwing so much money into shipping.

johnniesgirl22
Veteran
johnniesgirl22

Ladies I agree with each of you - been lucky enough doing a temp assignment for the last few months. I hope to join next month as well.

laba
laba 
Veteran
laba
  • laba on 03-23-12 04:57 PM

thank u ladies for understanding, and yes i would love to join the next swap please

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to laba

I first got carried away during Halloween season. It was a lot of fun, then Christmas came along which lingered into the new year. And with new swaps forming each month. The ones that really get me are the ones where you have to buy new items. They're fun to shop for other people and get stuff in the mail, but if I really thought about it... I could just go out and spend the same amount and keep it for myself!

I just stopped at the temp agency the other day. I don't know why I hadn't thought about them sooner. I have to dig up my birth certificate and then go back and fill out an application on Monday. Forgot all about it today.

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

I think this is the only swap I'm going to join for a while. The Easter Egg swap ended up costing me much more than I anticipated! This one has been pretty cheap for shipping. We're on the underemployed list too right now. After 2 years of unemployment we took anything we could find. I'm trying to get my craft business up to speed. I also started selling Stampin' Up! products on the side. Stop by my blog if you're interested. www.creativenostalgiascrapboo ks.com/wordpress (There's not much on it yet as I just started it.)

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

JCI

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem
In response to jessicaLB

So much for my "only swap for a while"... Ms Pebbles had to come up with a new swap!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I know.. but at least, I should be able to fit those things in a regular envelope and I have all the supplies already. I had to pass on ScrapAngel4's envie swap for April and I'm skipping the MOTM swap as well. There's one other one I'm committed to until July.

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

Good point Sally! I have everything except the pins and materials for handmade washi tape. This one shouldn't cost much.

Recipes will be in the mail soon. I changed them again...

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

Sally, you have my gears spinning now about a scrappin retreat! Anywho, my cards went postal today.

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

Mine also went Postal

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem
In response to jessicaLB

Sally, did you receive the cards?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Yes, I'm sorry, I didn't get online yesterday. And today I got Jessica's All of them are so nice!! And yummy!

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

Glad they made it on time!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to jessicaLB

Waiting on one more, then I'll be swapping them out next week!

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

Sounds great! Glad they made it safe!

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan

i'm kind of worried that mine are not there yet... sorry, i hope they get there soon

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

oops, two more I'm waiting on. When did you send yours in, Nicole?

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan

monday, if i remember correctly

Edited by Nautolan on 03-31-12 06:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

johnniesgirl22
Veteran
johnniesgirl22

mine went out mid week - did you receive them?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I received Janis' recipe cards today.

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

Woohoo!

johnniesgirl22
Veteran
johnniesgirl22

awesome - glad to hear they made it!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm starting to worry, Nicole, if you said you mailed yours out last Monday, they should have made it here by now. But on occasion, it's taken 10 days. So, I'll wait a couple more days.

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan

you know, i sent two swaps that day and the other one came back saying i didn't put enough postage... I'm thinking my scale may be off, i have never had a problem with it before. Anyway, my recipe cards did not come back, so i'm thinking they might be lost out there. If you guys dont want to wait for them you can go ahead a swap out. I really don't want you to have to wait any longer. Sorry...

I should probably start having the po desk weigh my packages... but my local po line is crazy, so i usually just weigh and stamp at home and drop it in the box... i've never had a prob before, oh well.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I don't mind waiting a few more days. You're in a few more swaps that I'm in and so far I don't see that you're a flaker. It's up to the rest of the ladies if they don't mind me holding on to the cards they made for you and then mail yours to them when I get them in.

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan

i could make more and priority them to you... should get there by the end of the week... or i could send each person theirs and then send you yours with postage so you can send the others ones back to me... lol, i love complicating things

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan

i have a feeling they might be on their way back to me anyway... it wouldn't be too much of a hassle for me to make them again

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

You don't need to go through all that extra expense and hassle. Let's give it another day or two and see what the others think.. I like group decisions when it affects everyone, especially when we have a small group.

I'm going to bed now.. Long day tomorrow.. I'm helping a friend out who will be staying with me for the next month or two until he recovers from his latest surgery, one he'll be having in 2 weeks and then gets back on his feet again.. he's been sleeping in his car the past 4 nights. My house is a mess, I have no food and another friend of mine is coming to town and taking me out to lunch tomorrow, lol. Then on Thursdays, I spend the day with another friend of mine, plus I have an appointment with the temp agency that morning. I have a therapy appointment in the morning... I'm not used to busy schedules!! For the past year, I've been on two different trial and error periods of these pain meds for my back which really affected my memory and thought process. I'm finally on a med that I'm thinking clearly again. Seems to be helping my lower back, but not my upper back.

btw.. which recipe did you end up doing for your green one?

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

I want to vote for waiting for Nicole's cards to arrive! What's a few more days???

Sally, I received one of your hidden journal tags (the egg) from the Easter swap... OMG! It's super cute! Thanks so much! I also received one of your ATCs (which was also adorable!). What did you use for the rain drops?

laba
laba 
Veteran
laba
  • laba on 04-04-12 06:58 AM

is there going to be a another recipe swap i can do a next one please

johnniesgirl22
Veteran
johnniesgirl22
In response to laba

I am for waiting - what is another day or two! It's all going to work out. No worries.

Have a great day Ladies!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

You guys are great. We'll wait a few more days. Which also helps me out. I just got super busy. I'm helping a friend in need and moving him in with me tomorrow and so tonight I have to clean my house and move my daughter upstairs in my room. I have the whole upstairs dormer, but I have to move her bed upstairs and the bed up there downstairs. In the middle of my spring cleaning of all my scrap stuff which is spread out all over upstairs. Big mess. Then I have to drive out to pick up my friend Paul who I've been wanting to meet my friend Debby that lives half way between where my friend Rick is coming from, so we'll be meeting there, then Paul will be driving Rick's car back to my house. Rick is so weak it will be taking him 3 hours to drive what would normally take one hour. I would just drive all the way down to where he's at, but Thursdays is my day I spend with another friend. That's my sane day. AGHHHH

Laba yes, I plan to set up another recipe swap.

Next month, I plan for one of the recipes to be family recipe, haven't thought of another one yet.

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

OMG Sally! You have your hands full! Best wishes that everything works out for the best. So nice of you to help your friend out by opening your house to him. Be careful moving those beds! Sounds like you have enough "back issues".

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I forgot to answer your question about the ATC.. I found these stickers that were in the shape of tear drops. They were on clearance and I thought the color was a bit on the ugly side but cheap enough and then they worked great for rain drops!

As far as my back..my pain doc just started me on my third pain med.. it actually seems to be working on my low back.. probably why I'm getting some energy back. First time in over a year. These other two meds.. Gabopetin and Lyrica.. I would never recommend them to anyone
They mess with your mind. Especially the gabo... That one really messed me up and I'm still suffering from the side affects. But I started seeing a therapist who's working with me. The first one told me it was due to my age. I knew something was wrong with me, and I wanted to wring her neck. You don't lose your memory over night or go into hazes like I was. So, knock on wood this one works...one of the side affects, people are known to lose their appetite and not eat as much.. gosh darn!

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 04-04-12 10:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

laba
laba 
Veteran
laba
  • laba on 04-04-12 04:37 PM

so should i plan for the family recipe one i have plenty of them

johnniesgirl22
Veteran
johnniesgirl22
In response to laba

Hey everyone - just seeing if there is any news on the cards? I have not checked in for a few days and wanted to say hey also. Hope you have a great holiday weekend...

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

hey Nicole, did you make another set or not? Nothing has come yet. If they don't make it here by tomorrow, I'm going to go ahead and swap them out. I would like to open up the next month, but I would like this one to be out in the mail first.

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan

go ahead and swap them, i was having problems with my computer last week so i wasn't able to print the recipes until Sunday, i was going to mail them today, but ill just hold on to them for something else. sorry, i really wanted to try and get these out quicker... still haven't got the other ones back.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

cards are going out in the mail today. I haven't been feeling too good the past two days and dealing with a roommate now.

Sorry, Nicole, yours never made it. Next month's category is going to be family recipes, just submit them for that, then it's not a total waste of time and effort. I made extra cards for you, so I'll save mine for you.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 04-13-12 06:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan

okay, i'll hold on to them... hope you are feeling better. roommates, even good ones always make things a little more interesting, definitely an adjustment period.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Mine is a friend who's recovering from surgery who was sleeping in his car. It's actually been nice having him here. He had a doctor's appt in Pittsburgh yesterday, so he stayed at a friend's house the past two nights and was to drive back today, but a friend asked him if he wanted to go to a hockey game, all expense paid, and so he's staying with that friend for the weekend. When he gets back, I have a list of light guy type of things he can do around my house!! He's bummin' because his next surgery got postponed because he doesn't have enough lung capacity. When he called me crying yesterday, I didn't have the heart to tell him that doctors have no sympathy for patients who need surgery on their lungs, hearts or other parts of their body and yet they continue to smoke and/or drink. I'll wait until he's back in town.

I mailed out the recipe cards today. One person forget return postage and another person had bought one of those preprinted labels. The post office wouldn't accept it because it was dated. So, next time, if you get a pre-printed mailing label, be sure not date it. Then they don't expire. They said if they're dated, they're only good for 24 hours.

Melissa, I put three of your stamps on the outside of your envelope, took three more for the one that didn't have any return postage put a dollar bill inside yours. I had to add extra postage, so not sure what the difference is.

Just an FYI for everyone.. the minimum cost is $1.95 unless it fits into a smaller envelope. I'm not sure how people get away with sending less amounts of postage. I'm not sure if it's an Ohio thing or what because I know someone else in a different county that hosts another swap and she was told the same thing from her PO.

I bought a bunch of 10c and 5c stamps today, so next time, I'll start giving change for one of the return stamps and automatically put on $1.95. I don't mind adding an extra 5 or 10c.

And no one has to worry about paying me back. It all evens out in the end. Sometimes I end up with extra stamps. Just double check next time that you have enough postage and some extra 5 and 10c stamps.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Here it is!! April/May recipe card swap

Melissa Birlem
Idol
Melissa Birlem

Sally, I'm not worried about the stamps! I try to send enough extras just in case. I've had the same issue with mailing things across the country. Often it has cost more one way than another. I have no idea why it's like that, but it seems odd to me.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics