Username Post: *** November Tag Challenge ***        (Topic#1484831)
camelliacottage
Idol
camelliacottage

Hi Everyone! It's November, and the time for a new challenge. I have volunteered to host for Pia and Ash this month because they are both swamped with other commitments right now. For November we'll have a challenge, then in December we'll just have a "Holiday Open House" thread so we can keep in touch during the busy holiday season, but there will not be a challenge.

Okay, so what is our challenge this month??? I had a hard time with this one until the most obvious one finally worked its way into my head!

There are two twists - a theme first, and of course that is GRATEFUL. In the US we celebrate our Thanksgiving in November, and our friends in Canada celebrated theirs a few weeks ago. But you don't have to live in one of these two countries to be thankful, or grateful, for the blessings in your life!

So, first is theme, and it has to show, tell about, describe in some way, someone or something for which you are grateful. My example tag has a picture of my hubby and I, but yours doesn't have to have a picture. It can have a list, a poem, a paragraph, whatever way you can tell us about your gratitude for this person, place, thing . . . whatever it is!

The second twist, is embellishments and elements. If you'll notice on my sample tag, I've got the tag itself, the picture with double mats, 2 diecut flowers - each with 3 layers, inking and bling, 2 chipboard pieces inked and heat embossed with green embossing powder, 5 buttons, 3 fall leaf stickers, 2 ribbons, and jute twine in 2 places. So use a lot of STUFF on your tag, and let each thing represent the bounty of blessings in your life! You don't have to tell about them, but just allow that for each element you add to your tag, that is one more thing for which you are thankful.

My tag is in fall colors simply because the picture is a fall picture and I wanted to pick up those colors. Your tag can be any colors or theme that you want, and I mean ANYTHING! Your tag can be any shape you want as well.

So, that's it for this month! You can find more pictures of my tag on my BLOG.

Everyone have a great month, and go forth and make those tags!!!!

November Tag Challenge
By Camelliacottage

~~~ENTRIES FOR NOVEMBER CHALLENGE~~~

wine tag...
By Scrapaddict1424

Thankful for another day/Nov Tag Challenge & Nov Thankful Challenge
By Linnny

grateful tag
By ~{Puppet}~

New baby tags
By Aunt25

Grateful for my many blessings
By Faithscrapper

Edited by camelliacottage on 12-02-08 12:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

happyDiane
Mayor
happyDiane
In response to camelliacottage

hmmm...this should be very interesting. I sure hope that I can get done.

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to happyDiane

sounds cool will start thinking about it!

Aunt25
Aunt25 
Queen
Aunt25
In response to northernmemories

I'm in!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Aunt25

Great challenge...I'm in!

Good Morning all!!!!!

KristaO
Queen
KristaO
In response to Linnny

I'm in again!

scrapaddict1424
Expert
scrapaddict1424
In response to KristaO

ok...i'm in! not sure what i'm going to do yet, but it is intriguing...marking this post so i don't forget!!!

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to scrapaddict1424

Very nice challenge Becky, loving the theme! Thank you for helping us out

Will get working on this straight away, you gave me the perfect inspiration for a LO and this Tag

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Congrats Krista for your October win for your AMAZING Owl tag!

scrapaddict1424
Expert
scrapaddict1424

ok...i'm REALLy ambitious this month!!! got my tag done!!! and it is kind of probably not what u expecteed, but, it is a think i am thankful for...so ...with no further ado...here is my tag!!! TFL!

wine tag...
By Scrapaddict1424

Edited by scrapaddict1424 on 11-02-08 10:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

camelliacottage
Idol
camelliacottage

Good Morning! I'm off to take my mom on her rounds for the 'first of the month shop-a-thon'! Actually she shops for the month and pays bills, too. Anyway, it always takes all day, and I made her get an earlier start today because it now gets dark by 6 pm and I don't want to be driving home in the dark.

So, I'll catch up with y'all (and the first post) this evening or, if I'm too worn out, in the morning. Have a great day!!! Becky

KristaO
Queen
KristaO

Morning! Thanks Ash! I was expecting that this morning! I have this months tag done, I'll upload it here soon.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good mornings ladies!!!

Becky, hope your day goes smoothly!!!!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to KristaO

I'd like to join!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Faithscrapper

OK....I'm gonna go make the beds and do some cookin'....I've played all morning and made my tag.

This came out just like I visualized it. As I added in the 'keywords' section, I have experienced anaphalactic shock twice, was hit by a car while crossing a street, and developed blood clots in my lungs during surgery recently. So, when I say I am thankful for each sunrise, I mean that with every ounce of my being. Thanks for lookin'!

Thankful for another day/Nov Tag Challenge & Nov Thankful Challenge
By Linnny

OH, and BTW, I bought acorn squash for the first time....it called to me, but I haven't a clue how to cook it or what it tastes like Anyone have a good recipe and can tell me what it tastes like!?!?!

Peace

Aunt25
Aunt25 
Queen
Aunt25
In response to Linnny

beautiful tag!

no idea on the acorn squash, but check out allrecipes.com, they have TONS of great recipes.

camelliacottage
Idol
camelliacottage
In response to Linnny

• Linnny Said:
OH, and BTW, I bought acorn squash for the first time....it called to me, but I haven't a clue how to cook it or what it tastes like Anyone have a good recipe and can tell me what it tastes like!?!?!

Hey Linnny, I found THIS recipe the other day and remembered it when you asked about recipes. I saw another one too, and when I find it I'll send you a link to it, too. Good luck! Becky

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Yummo...that recipe looks deelish. I'm copying it for another day. I made a recipe I found at All Recipies (thanks Jamie)...Morocan Style Stuffed Acorn Squash...it was very tasty!

Gonna go cook something for dh now...he likes goat.....yuck! I think of a little goat scurrying around...then again, I sometimes have a problem cooking chicken if I think about a little chic.... OK...I need a therapist!!!!!!

Later my lovelies...

KristaO
Queen
KristaO

Evening girls! Here is my tag, I loved that Becky's example was a hanging tag, so I made mine a hanging one as well. Thanks for the inspiration Becky!

grateful tag
By ~{Puppet}~

Aunt25
Aunt25 
Queen
Aunt25
In response to KristaO

awesome tags gals! I have an idea for mine but I'm trying to get a few Christmas gifts made first.

camelliacottage
Idol
camelliacottage
In response to Aunt25

Hey everybody! I typed this once earlier and lost it - don't know why, but . . .

Here it is again!

Yesterday went fine with mama - we hit 10 places. I stayed in the car at all but 1 and worked on my felt stuff. I was exhausted when I got home.

I promise to get the first post updated TODAY!

Linny, here's a link to that other recipe - I know you've already cooked them, but thought you might like THIS one. Also, anyone who's never visited "The Pioneer Woman" website really should - it's great! If you like steamy romances, gotta read Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. It's a work in progress, so it's not finished yet.

Okay, off to laundry. Talk to y'all later! Becky

camelliacottage
Idol
camelliacottage

First post is updated! I don't think I missed anyone, but if I did, please let me know! Becky

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

• camelliacottage Said:
Hey everybody! I typed this once earlier and lost it - don't know why, but . . .

Here it is again!

Yesterday went fine with mama - we hit 10 places. I stayed in the car at all but 1 and worked on my felt stuff. I was exhausted when I got home.

I promise to get the first post updated TODAY!

Linny, here's a link to that other recipe - I know you've already cooked them, but thought you might like THIS one. Also, anyone who's never visited "The Pioneer Woman" website really should - it's great! If you like steamy romances, gotta read Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. It's a work in progress, so it's not finished yet.

Okay, off to laundry. Talk to y'all later! Becky

Thanks Becky! The recipe is actually 1/2 the recipe I made. You do the same thing with the butter and brown sugar and then you stuff it with a couscous, chick peas, raisin, and veggie mixture. It was reeeeeally delicious!

happyDiane
Mayor
happyDiane
In response to Linnny

Good morning!

Aunt25
Aunt25 
Queen
Aunt25

KristaO
Queen
KristaO
In response to Aunt25

JCI!

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to KristaO

YAY I get to scrap tonight! Love your tags ladies, I'll leave love soon

scrapaddict1424
Expert
scrapaddict1424

hey ladies! how is everyone weekends going so far?? I'm sitting down to work on my design team project...i have to make a christmas mini album....it seems so hard!! i think i am just overwhelmed with it and it will be fine once i get started....i will probably be making some tags to go along with it!!!
can't wait to see some more of y'alls tag creations!
btw...waht do u guys do with your tags?? i put a magnet on mine and hung it on the refrigerator! just curious!

Aunt25
Aunt25 
Queen
Aunt25

mms

KristaO
Queen
KristaO
In response to Aunt25

camelliacottage
Idol
camelliacottage
In response to KristaO

Hey everybody! Sorry I've been so MIA lately, but I've just not been in the mood, if you know what I mean! Haven't had much inspiration lately, but this morning, when I couldn't sleep I got up and suddenly it's back, so maybe I can have something to share soon.

Tracey, my example tag is not showcased in my hubby's 'personal space' at work (they are allow 1 cubic foot of space for their personal stuff). Others I've put on gifts or just have them hangingn on my inspiration board here in my playroom. Hope that helps!

I'll check in on y'all later! Becky

camelliacottage
Idol
camelliacottage

• ColbyCheeseCat Said:
YAY I get to scrap tonight! Love your tags ladies, I'll leave love soon

So Ash, when is the wedding??? Becky

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat

January 10! We fly out on the 7th

Aunt25
Aunt25 
Queen
Aunt25

I have an idea for my tag, now just gotta see if it will work.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Aunt25

Happy Monday!

camelliacottage
Idol
camelliacottage

Hi Everyone! Hope you had a good weekend!

Ash, don't know why I thought it was in November!

Have a great day! Becky

KristaO
Queen
KristaO

Morning! JCI!

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat

That would just be scary lol Becky! Im still not surer if everything will be done in time for January lol! Starting next week I'll be working 60 hour weeks till we leave eekk!

BUT this month, my tag will be done

happyDiane
Mayor
happyDiane

Just stopped in to check on everyone.

lollyah4
Pro
lollyah4

jci!

camelliacottage
Idol
camelliacottage
In response to lollyah4

Hi Everyone! Anyone got any tags made lately??? I know it's hard, everyone is so busy. Just check in when you can! Becky

KristaO
Queen
KristaO

JCI!

scrapaddict1424
Expert
scrapaddict1424
In response to KristaO

ok....i am not online alot now...and this is why... (posted in all my threads!!!)

my eye has gone to ********!!!

i got my new 400$(havne't paid yet, still in negotiation) custom contact and it is worse than before!
now...as soon as it got put in my eye, i could SEE!!! yay! bUT! it hurts like you know what, but i can see....
so.....now tha ti have been given perfect vision....here is the downside....i can only wear it for a few hours ad day as it hurts so bad, so when i take it out, now i REALLY CAN'T SEE! so half my day, i am blind!!! i am getting NOTHING done....at ALL! well...some stuff in my few hours....
but i am miserable!!! this sucks!!!
anyways....this is my excuse, and seriously, it is bad...i don't know what to do aobut this, i am hoping i will get used to the contact so i can wear it more and do stuff, but i cannot now. no worries though...i have all my christmas cards done and ready to mail to the participants in the swap...and i MISS u all!!! i just can't read stuff!!! i miss my computer!!! i end up sitting here trying to read!!! so sorry ladies, and please pray that this gets better, i am almost blind now in my right eye!!! the contact is a miracle, i jsut wish it would feel better...oh...and they better not think i am payiing 400$ for it...yeah right!
ok....sorry again.....miss u ladies!
tracey

scrapbookmonster
Guru
scrapbookmonster
In response to lollyah4

I want to try to get in on this challenge. I hope I have time to make one.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to scrapbookmonster

Oh no Tracey! What a pain in the behind! I'll be thinking of you and praying that the hurt ends soon

Aunt25
Aunt25 
Queen
Aunt25

mms

Aunt25
Aunt25 
Queen
Aunt25
In response to Aunt25

here is my submission

New baby tags
By Aunt25

one thing I am thankful for - the upcoming addition of twins to the family. I have stamped, heat embossed, stickled, flowered, and pop-dotted on the tag plus added the ribbon/fiber and eyelet as embellies.

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to Aunt25

ok I have part of my tag done sorry I havent been in here much just too much going on.

camelliacottage
Idol
camelliacottage

Hi Everyone! It's been a busy few days, so I haven't been around much I'm afraid! And this week is going to be busy, too. We leave this Saturday to go to Savannah for Thansgiving week, so I'll be packing up the camper and getting everything ready to roll!

Jamie, got your tags on the first post!

Melissa - don't feel bad, it's just that time of year, too much to do and the fun things get pushed back on the back burner.

Everyone, I have a favor to ask. I've submitted some cards to an online store/forum to be on their design team. If you'll keep your fingers crossed, or even lift up a small prayer I'd be forever grateful! It's a 6 month term and you get their card kit each month and have to make 5 cards to show, host challenges and threads, etc.

Have a great week, and I'll check in whenever I can. Blessings, Becky

KristaO
Queen
KristaO

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to KristaO

mms, I plan to get this done this week

camelliacottage
Idol
camelliacottage

Hi Everyone! I'm very busy now, getting laundry done and the camper ready for our trip. Don't forget I'll be AWOI (Away with out internet!) beginning Saturday until the Saturday after Thanksgiving. (22nd - 29th) but I'll do the first post as soon as I get back from Savannah.

Also, don't forget there will not be a December challenge, but an open house thread so we can just check in and say "HI" as we can.

Ash and Pia, are one of you going to be able to take this back over in January???

Blessings, Becky

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

Good Morning sweet things!!!!

It is soooooooo cold this morning. Sittin here in jammies, chenille robe, and socks!!!!! Hey, I need some heat!!!!!!!

Becky, wishing you safe travel and a Happy Thanksgiving.

I've been making Valentine's Day cards for our troops to send to their loved ones. Got 50 cards made...gonna take photos of some of them and post later. It was a nice break from Christmas Cards to Valentine's Day.

Peace

KristaO
Queen
KristaO
In response to Linnny

Morning girls!

Aunt25
Aunt25 
Queen
Aunt25
In response to KristaO

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to Aunt25

ok My computer died I thought I lost 7 years of pictures but I have been told they are there so I have a lot to be thankful for!!!!
front of tag

thankful tag
By Northernmemories

back of tag

back of thankful tag
By Northernmemories

scrapaddict1424
Expert
scrapaddict1424

hey ladies! thanks for the well wishes....jci here.....i'm having a 'good eye day'!! doesn't hurt too bad so i figured i would catch up...a little at least...!
great tags everyone, i'm going to go leave love in a few...
i hope everyone is diong ok and has a great thanksgiving!

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat

Hi ladies!

I'm almost done with my tag woohoo! Should be up soon

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat

• camelliacottage Said:

Ash and Pia, are one of you going to be able to take this back over in January???

Blessings, Becky

I'm not Becky, I'll be in Mexico getting married!!!

Hope you have a great time on your trip!

horse-withnoname
Queen
horse-withnoname

THE DECEMBER COMMUNITY CHALLENGE LIST!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to horse-withnoname

good morning ladies!

Aunt25
Aunt25 
Queen
Aunt25

• ColbyCheeseCat Said:
  • camelliacottage Said:

Blessings, Becky

I'm not Becky, I'll be in Mexico getting married!!!

Hope you have a great time on your trip!

congrats!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to Aunt25

I'm sliding in at the last minute!

Edited by Faithscrapper on 11-29-08 11:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper

Nov tag challenge

darlinscrapper
Idol
darlinscrapper

Oh how I've missed you ladies. The last half of Oct. and all of November have been an absolute whirlwind. I'm afraid it will continue this way for quite a while too. I'm so sorry I haven't been able to participate or even visit sb.com very often, but I want you all to know that I do think of you often and hope you are all doing well. Take care! and enjoy this holiday season!

happyDiane
Mayor
happyDiane
In response to darlinscrapper

Well I signed up the last two months for this challenge and...it has been a challenge for me. I just can't get done.

camelliacottage
Idol
camelliacottage

Hi Everyone! I bet you thought I'd dropped off the face of the earth, didn't you! But no such luck! It's just been really crazy, what with getting ready for our trip, being gone a week, and then having to do all the laundry and putting things away from the trip. We had a great time, by the way!

First, I've opened our December "Holiday Open House" thread, and you can find it HERE .

Any time you want, just stop by and say hi and tell us how you are doing, and if you have something to share, that will be great!

Also, a question - does anyone want to do a poll for the November challenge? If you do, it will be for bragging rights only, as I don't have the funds to offer a prize this month.

And, last of all, is there one among you who's willing and/or able to do the tag challenge for January??? I've not heard from Pia in ages, and Ash can't do it, and I just got asked to be on the 'team' at Inspirational and that will be taking some of my time. So if you can take on this challenge, please let me know. Otherwise we'll just have to stop having it.

So, that's it from me for now. Blessings everyone! Becky

darlinscrapper
Idol
darlinscrapper

Oh Becky! Congrats on the design team!!! That is wonderful and they will love having you as a part of their team! I'm so excited for you!

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to darlinscrapper

hi Becky congrats!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics