Page 1 of 9 
Username Post: Thread Closed.        (Topic#1513357)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-20-09 06:09 PM

Thread Closed.

Sandie Dunn
Guru
Sandie Dunn
In response to Delete My Account

Great challenge idea! Can't wait to get started. Thanks so much for inviting me to come and play with your group. You are so sweet.

prazdance
Expert
prazdance
In response to Sandie Dunn

Great Challenge, Dawn! I wanna do more than one for this one! LOL!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Hi Dawn...Please count me in!

I'd love to take the Challenge & see what the Lord leads me to scrap this coming month!

Thanks & Bless!

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer

Good Morning Ladies ~ Hope those of you that were rudely awaken - got back to sleep ~

I am excited! Most of the girls on here are ladies I have not "met" before.

I am scrapping tonight at Archivers - I go once a month with my cousin. Hopefully a scrap environment will spark some creativity for this challange.

Wishing everyone a WONDERFUL day and a FANTASTIC weekend ~ (((HUGS)))

Sandie Dunn
Guru
Sandie Dunn
In response to Im a Believer

Good morning ladies! Just checking in to say hi! I can't wait to get to know you all better. I haven't been around sb.com for a while and popped back on and that's when Dawn grabbed my attention. It's so nice to have a safe and comfortable environment to hang out with other ladies of faith.

Dawn, since you posted this challenge, I've had my mind just swirling with ideas... thanks so much for that. There is some work that I haven't done yet and that I think might get done now.

So, what kind of music do you all listen to? I've been listening to a LOT of Tenth Avenue North lately. Does anyone else listen to them? I find them really insightful for such a young age. Here's one of their videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGGanAZ2IwM&a mp;feature=...

Enjoy...

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21

Hi Dawn and everyone else! I would like to be a part of this group and challenge, if it's o.k.! I've got some ideas already.

You guys were talking about CCM and Keith Green from the late 70's-early 80's. Does anybody remember Scott Wesley Brown? He used to come to my college every year. I like Chris Rice, Michael Card, Glad and Casting Crowns. I also like traditional hymns.

Nice to meet everyone!

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21
In response to Piratefan21

Oh, a random fact about me - coincidentally to Dawn's fact, I have two sons who are 10 years apart in age - 13 and 23!

campbellkids
Resident
campbellkids

Hi Everyone!
Wow! I'm so excited and overwhelmed to have so many new friends all at once. Isn't it great?!

OK, all you insomniacs...we had thunder last night but all is well.

I love almost all Christian music but 2 songs have ministered to me lately: "Finally Home" by Mercy Me and "I Will Rise" by Chris Tomlin. I lost my mom in May and those songs came on the radio immediately after (when I was driving home). PTL! He is so faithful. Oh, yes, my mom is with the Lord. Yes, Sandie, I love that song you mentioned too!!!

Dawn, thanks so much for this challenge. I also have many thoughts whirling around in my head. I hope they stop whirling and take some shape!

Have fun ladies and I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Have a great weekend!!!
Laurie

campbellkids
Resident
campbellkids
In response to campbellkids

Oh no! Not a random fact! I am married to Tom who is an only, adopted child and is the most unselfish man you'll ever meet! I have one stepdaughter who is married with 2 children.

Tracey, I do remember Scott Wesley Brown. I love his music.

Later,
Laurie

prazdance
Expert
prazdance

Good Evening, Jesus Girlz! Got the topics hoppin' I see! Anyone scrapping the scriptures yet? I'm not... I will get started here soon enough. I love to listen to praise and worship, and my all-time lift-me-up song is "I Can Only Imagine" and almost anyone can sing it as far as I'm concerned, LOL! Random facts about me? Um, let's see, Married 25 years to my HS Sweetheart; can't swim but I LOVE the ocean; I'm a bohemian hippy at heart; and I won't eat fish but I LOVE shushi! Go figure!

Sandie Dunn
Guru
Sandie Dunn
In response to kanary

Hi Ladies! Hope everyone is having a great Friday night. Thanks for sharing your fav artists with me... I've been youtub'ing for the past hour or so playing some familiar songs, listening to new ones, and reminiscing over old ones. I've never heard of Keith Green, but it reminded about who I used to listen to all the time when I was little. I used to sit with my parents huge ear phones on and listen to Dallas Holm records while reading my St. Paul comic books, haha! Those are good old memories.

Hmmmm... a few random facts? Let's see... I'm celebrating my 2nd wedding anniversary on Tuesday to the man of my dreams (we've been together for 7 years) and he is almost 10 years older than me. I have a wonderful son who is 15 and a bit of a writer. I work full time and scrap part time, haha. Oh, and I have no musical talent to speak of, but LOVE to listen to it.

So, what's up for the weekend?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Hi Ladies!

OK, loving that you all have already quickly filled up 2 pages here while I was away!

It's so refreshing to be graced by godly conversation.

I'm way big into music & scripture. It's one of the main ways that the Lord speaks to me.

(I'm already seeing at least 2 or 3 persons or groups that I haven't heard of, so I'm, loving that!)

Random fact of the day - I keep a running Christian blog. I'd love to have you all add me to your lists! Check out the entry for July 14th.

http://www.kreationsoftheheart.blogspot.com/

Because of my parents, I grew up on Keith Green.

Here's the song that was mentioned that day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIgVU_5FsqA

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Also grew up on Barry McGuire, Dion & Leon Patillo!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to kanary

• kanary Said:
Did you know a DVD was made kinda like the Gaither videos of all the Christian artists who came out of the Jesus Movement from the 60s and 70s??? It is awesome! 2nd Chapter of Acts, Melody Green, Barry Maguire, Honeytree, and many more. The music and testimonies were amazing!

Karen

You might especially like this link Karen!

There's a great list with album covers included.

So, here ya go!

http://one-way.org/

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21
In response to KellyCali

Evening, ladies!

Karen - I went to the University of Virginia.

2nd Chapter of Acts and Dallas Holm - now that takes me back! How about the Imperials, anyone?

Sandie Dunn
Guru
Sandie Dunn

Hey Kelly! Fantastic Blog! So inspiring! Who is taking the pictures? They are wonderful! I've added your blog link to my blog... and at the same time finally updated some of my pictures that were long overdue (5 months overdue...) Yikes!

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer

Wow! I had alot to catch up on ~

Dawn ~ First off, I want to Thank You! This was a WONDERFUL idea. I am so excited about this "group".

Laurie - I think maybe your husband and mine maybe "brothers". I am forever amazed by my husband. He truly is the husband I have always prayed for.

Kellycali ~ I will read your blog tomorrow ~ It's late and I wanted to read ever post on this thread.

Sandie ~ Wishing you an early Happy Anniversary ~

Favorite Music?? I like a wide variety. Karen - I must admit - the too LOVE the Hymns - They have a special place in my heart. The words that were written so many years ago have so much depth ~ My Church is more into the Praise Music - of which I like also but I do miss the Hymns of my old church.

The popular artists that I listen to are ~ Jeremy Camp, Mark Shultz, Selah, Mercy Me & Avalon - all of whom I have seen in concert. Dawn - I LOVE Keith Green and I also like Steve Green.

Random Facts?? WOW! How many do you want??

I have 6 children - Josh (28), Emily (23), Jake (21), Josiah (19), Jordan (17), & Hannah (15).

One BEAUTIFUL granddaugher - Ashlynn Devoue (7 months).

The 6 children were from my first marriage which lasted 20 years.

I have remarried - He is the Love of my Life and as stated earlier - he truly is the husband I have always prayed for.

I run a licensed Childcare in my home and am very involved with my Church.

Is that random enough?? LOL

Dawn - I had an awesome time at Archivers tonight.
My cousin and I go once a month. (She is not a Believer - YET!!!!) (Please pray for her - hername is Wende) She is like my sister.

Another random fact - I am an only child and so is my husband ~

My church recently started a ministry called Affinity Groups ~ Members are encouraged to start a "group" based on a hobby in hope of encouraging those that may not normally go to Church - have an opportunity to be engage in their hobby and be around believers that enjoy the same hobby.

Guess what the group does that I started?? LOL

My group is called Memory Makers.

It is a scrap group that meets at my church the 1st Friday of every month.

I have always been intriqued by the reasons people are prone to making friends on-line.

In my own life - I have been hurt by those I have trusted and this is a "safe" way of being vulnerable and having "friends".

As women, we especially long for someone to talk too.

I want each of you to know - I am always here - if you need someone to talk too.

It is awesome to think that we are a group of Believers in our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Dawn - I so wish you lived around me - I would LOVE for you to join my cousin and I at Archivers.

I should probably tell you all Good-Night ~

Sorry to be so long winded ~

Have a WONDERFUL weekend! (((HUGS)))

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer

Morning Girls! Had to check my e-mail, SB.com & Facebook with my morning cup(s) of coffee.

My husband is reading the paper and then we are heading out for a nice walk ~

Then we are off to breakfast ~ We have a date every Saturday morning - There is a chain here called LePeeps - Not sure if any of you have it in your area but they have THE BEST coffee!

Dawn - Find me on FaceBook ~ My name is Judy Salmon ( yes - like the fish ). Not sure if you remembered - Do you remember way back when I met you - like - 3 years ago - you sent me that awesome little easel like "thing" with scripture when you mailed back your puzzle piece?? I still have that proudly displayed in my scrap room.

I should post a picture of it - it is so neat!!

Dawn Dear - YOU TALK TOO MUCH?? Are you kiddening me?? Have you compared your posts to mine?? LOL

You all have to realize - I work with kids all day - most of them don't use the bathroom much less talk! LOL

Karen - You would fit in so perectly with my cousin and I ~

Last night @ Archivers - we were the only ones having talking and having fun ~ The workers always walk by our table and say "You girls are having too much fun!"

It's like that most times we go ~ We actually had two ladies talk to us last night - most of them stick to themselves - I'm kind-of a smiley girl - if I smile at someone - I get a scowl back ~

It's sad -

Dawn - I think we too would have a ball - BUT - I admit I am a neat freak. All my LOs match - in fact I have a friend that calls me THE MATCHY GIRL ~ LOL

She is eclectic. (MS?) Which is Beautiful too - if I tried it - it would look like a disaster.

I power plan and layer my projects in big ziplocs - I already know what I'm doing in my mind - I do all my planning at home and then when I'm at crop I can just glue it all together w/out much thought so I can gab more. LOL

I think it would work though - Wende is messy and I just help her pack up ~

Dawn - I thought you already had the challenge planned?

Don't put so much on yourself ~

To clarify - isn't the topic FRIENDS? and the winner (determined my a drawing) choses the next months theme?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend ~ I may not be back on here until Sunday evening ~ we'll see! LOL

Talk to you soon ~

(((HUGS)))

campbellkids
Resident
campbellkids

Good Morning everyone!
My this is a chatty, fun group! I'm finding I have to take notes so I don't miss anything! You were right Judy. Women love to talk!!!

Dawn: Thanks so much for your sweet, kind words. No, my mom is not lost. That was so cute! Where are you that you are 3 hrs. ahead of us? You and Nate sound like such a fun couple! You talked about staying pure before marriage and that struck me because I volunteered at Life Services (our local Crisis Pregnancy Ctr) for 8 years and am thinking about doing that again.

Sandie: Happy Anniversary to you. Loved reading that. Also, thanks so much for stopping by my gallery and giving such positive feedback. You're too kind!

Karen: You nut! I never would have pictured big feet!!!! You make me laugh so much...taking your computer to a crop!!! Stalking the forum after midnight? Thanks, my dear friend, for stopping by my gallery to see my mom. Wasn't she cute? Your mom is cute too so you know what I'm talking about.

Kelly: I loved, loved, loved your blog. What a blessing. I want to see more and learn more! You are also a military wife? I have 2 nieces in that same position. One is stationed in Japan right now.

Tracey: Who could forget the Imperials? I think we saw them in concert and we also saw 2nd Chapt. of Acts. Anyone ever seen Carmen live? Whew!

Prazdance: Way to go on 25 yrs of marriage. I have you beat....35 here...we married when we were 5! Also, I'm with Karen on this. Could you please tell us your first name?

Judy: Wow! We do have a lot in common. I tell my husband all the time that he is definitely God's gift to me. I'm so thankful you have that same gift in your life. I could also relate to your comment and also Karen's comment about being hurt by people you trust. Been there...got the t-shirt! It's so great to have everyone here and feel like you can be yourself. I'm also available to ANYONE who needs a shoulder. Oh, yes, my husband and I usually go out for breakfast on Saturday too and we LOVE coffee!!!!!!

I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, please let me know.

Now who's long winded???

New topic: Has anyone been to any good women's Bible studies? Karen is going to get sick of me talking about this, but I just HAVE to recommend Beth Moore's Bible study on Esther. Go through it and you will be blessed! Funny, sad, tailored for women and all of our "issues".

OK ladies...I'm done now. WHEW! Hope you all have a really great weekend.

Hugs to all!
L

campbellkids
Resident
campbellkids

Oops, forgot...Judy....I am also guilty of matchy-matchy. Border on perfectionism and I'm trying to break that!!!!

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer

Whew!!!! Isn't Sunday suppose to be the day of rest??

It usually turns out to be the busiest for me.

Most Sunday's I am at Church by 7:30 - My husband and I do the Welcome Desk for the 8am service.

I attend the 9:30 service and then our Community group (adult sunday school) @ 11am.

Today we had a meeting following the 11am service and we were home around 2pm.

Took a short nap - then off to WalMart for my weekly shopping.

I wanted to jump on here and catch up with all of you before I retreat for the night to my scrap room.

I converted my formal living and dining room into my scrap area. We never used that part of the main floor - it was 1/3 of the living space on this level so now it is used all the time.

Laurie - so nice to meet you - I sent you a friend request. I think you are the only one I hadn't done that with yet.

Dawn - I so encourage you and your hubby to do the weekly dates. We do breakfast because it is less expensive and allows us to do it once a week and we are both morning people anyway.

With all our kids and chaos of life - our marriage so needs to rekindle itself with one another.

Yesterday after breakfast - my husband surprised me and took me to a place here we had never been - Laurenzen Gardens. It is a BEAUTIFUL campus with acres and acres of flowers and gardens. I will post some pics in my gallery.

Karen - I understand what you are saying about the "fixing thing". PLEASE tell me if I ever come across that way - I am a recovering co-dependent and have struggled with trying to fix all the addicts in my family so feel free to remind me if I overstep the boundry.

I agree to be here if someone needs to vent, cry, rage - etc and I will listen and only respond with advice if asked.

Bible Studies?? I have read the book LIES WOMEN BELIEVE. As far as a formal setting - in my church most of the women's studies are during the day - I work - so I have never been able to participate. The few studies I have tried in the evening - turned into nothing more than a gossip session and I simply don't have the time for that.

I work 50 hours a week in my childcare and with a big family my responsibilities are many.

I love to read but rarely get the chance. I have my devotion time in the early am ~ It's funny Dawn - you mentioned you sometimes go to bed at 4am and I get up at 4:30am. LOL

I have my idea for the challenge in my mind for the month's theme of FRIENDS - now I just have to get it down on paper.

When do you want us to send it to you Dawn??

The end of the month or anytime it's ready??

I hope you all have a restful evening ~

Talk to you soon ~ (((HUGS)))

campbellkids
Resident
campbellkids

Good Evening Ladies!

Well, I see the conversation has kept going.

I would also like to weigh in on this and let you know where I'm coming from. I don't like it either when you try to talk to someone and they want to either throw a spiritual dart (quote scripture or give the line "well, just trust God") or try to fix things. I know I am guilty of that at times. It is never my intention to try to fix or offer advice. I will, however, sometimes share things that have helped me. I think God has put us all in this group for a reason and if my experiences can help someone else, then I am willing to share. It shocks me that I would even say that because I'm really a very private person and have had trusts broken in the past. I've also had people tell me that I need to be MORE transparent. What's a girl to do? I never want to come across the wrong way. Please let me know if I've overstepped any boundaries. My goal here is to just be a friend and if you need a sounding board, I am willing to listen. I think we've all had certain experiences in our lives that others can benefit from. I hope we can all speak freely and not fear being judged or gossiped about. Thanks for bringing this all up, Karen, because I think it's good to have some ground rules. It really helps to know how people want this group to operate.

I do, however, get really excited about certain Bible studies, etc. I hope by recommending the Beth Moore study that I didn't offend anyone. I just enjoyed it so much and am really excited for others to enjoy it too.

So, that's my two cents (for what it's worth)

Dawn....do we just put everyone as friends so we can find their los for the challenge? I'm not totally savvy about this site and how everything works, but I'm learning. Do you just want us to post our lo when it's done?

Thanks, Judy, you are now one of my friends.

Dawn, thanks for letting us know where you are from and for giving us the other Karen's name.

Have a great evening everyone! I so enjoy talking to all of you.

Laurie

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer

Good Morning Beautiful Ladies ~

Karen - I removed you and then readded you as Dawn suggested for the friend request ~ Let me know if that works.

Dawn ~ WOW!!! Are you even asleep yet??

I am a morning person so I cannot imagine staying upthat late - but, just as I get soooo much done in the am - that must be how night owls are!

I can get more done from 4:30 to 6 am then I can the entire day ~

Dawn ~ You have never offended me - you seem like such a sweetie!

I would like to see us not worry so much about what we say and if we do overstep that line know that if we are loving told - we try not to take it personally.

I am way to sensitive ~ Knowing that - I try to overanalyze things and possible lose opportunity to be a friend.

When someone says something to me that initially hurts my feelings - I try to think about it awhile before being too hurt.

I think for the most part - we desire to develop some good friendships so let's be ourselves and have an understanding - we will always try to lovingly care about each other and if something is said it may be said out of iggnorance and never as a personal attack.

Does that make sence?? It's early!! LOL

Karen ~ I would LOVE to have you over Friday ~ How fun would that be??

Well - I need to go for a walk before getting ready for work - otherwise I have no energy.

Wishing you all a WONDERFUL WEEK!

(((HUGS)))

campbellkids
Resident
campbellkids

Goooood Morning Everyone!

I think we've established that we can all lighten up a bit, right? Sorry I questioned the fact that I brought up the Beth Moore Bible study. One thing we have to realize is that we really don't know each other yet and we're all just kind of testing the waters. I was reading the conversations and started second guessing myself, wondering if anyone thought I was pushing that off on them. You see, I do have a friend that responds that way sometimes. I will get excited over a Bible study or piece of Scripture and want to share it and she acts like I'm being self righteous and wanting to push something on her. We're all at different levels of growth and it's hard to know sometimes. The ironic thing about the Esther study is that Beth addresses a lot of what we're talking about!!!! The subtitle to the study is "It's Tough Being A Woman". It totally blessed my socks off because the timing was perfect! Oh also, Dawn, it's a very easy study to follow and has nothing to do with the tabernacle!!!

So, enough of all that. I think we can just be ourselves and know that if we offend someone, we can trust that they will contact us via PM?

I have no idea what you are talking about Karen as far as this embedding stuff? I think I might be able to figure it out though. If not, I know you and Dawn will help me.

So, I'm off to get some things done. I hope you all are doing well and are enjoying this day that God has given us.

L

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21

Hi, everyone!

Just got caught up from the weekend. All of your comments about being honest and open with each other has really touched my heart. I've been praying for some Christian friends that I could really open up to, and since that hasn't happened in "real life", I think you girls are the answer to my prayers!

I'm really quiet until I get to know people, so this will be a lot for me - I've been feeling really down lately. There are things going on with our church and older son. I liked what so many of you said about just listening to people and not trying to fix everyone's problems. Really, only God can fix our problems, so offering prayer for someone is usually best. I will definitely "open up" more as I get to know you. I too, like Dawn and others, have had issues of people judging me when I've opened up in the past.

Laurie - I used to volunteer at a Pregnancy Care Center, too! I still do some things for them from time to time.

I'm trying to remember what else I wanted to say, but I'll have to come back later.

Have a great day everyone!

campbellkids
Resident
campbellkids
In response to kanary

Hi Tracey!

Welcome back!!! I just read what you said and you're on my prayer list too. I'm so sorry you are having a rough time.

How exciting that we have something in common. What did you do at your Crisis Preg. Ctr? The Lord allowed me to be a counselor, only now they call them consultants because we really aren't licensed counselors. It was such a blessing to be able to share Christ with EVERY client and see healing and restoration take place. For us, it wasn't just about a pregnancy test, but about peoples' lives and being able to minister to them right where they were at. I had clients that I spent a lot of time with and still pray for them to this day. I loved every minute of it, but had to quit due to family and health issues. I'm feeling God's nudge again so we'll see where He leads me. I'd love to hear more about your experiences.

Karen, Karen, Karen....yes I do occasionally catch Beth's blog BUT I'm finding I don't have time lately because I seem to be on this site more and more and more!!!! I wonder why???
Please give Daisy a nosey kiss from me.

Ta Ta,
L

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21

Thank you for the prayers and understanding!

The issue I have with trusting people, sometimes especially people at church, is that some people don't really care what you are going through, but just want to use what you tell them as gossip or to have a hold over you. Does that make sense?

Laurie - I was a counselor, too. The center I worked at is an urban setting and we had some heart-breakingly young clients - 13-14 yrs. old. Some of them just didn't understand self-control and had no knowledge of abstinence or why they should even try it. I worked mostly with the clients who had decided to parent their babies. So many of them just needed someone to listen to them and treat them with respect. I agree with you that it was great to be able to pray with them and share the love of Christ with them.

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer

Hi Tracey ~ I am the same personality - quiet until I know someone and then I am an open book ~
I will check and see if you are on my friend list - if not - I will send a request.

Laurie ~ I don't know much about Beth Moore - I have of course heard of her studies but those are always daytime opportunities and I cannot participate. I do watch her in TV on Wednesday mornings - she has a 1/2 hour teaching show.

Karen - I love shih-tzu's. I have 2 white Bichons named Latte and Cappuccino. I always thought it would be neat to get a black shih-tzu and name him Mocha - LOL

Guess what I'm addicted too??

I have my daycare all asleep - it is so quiet in here - my favorite time of day ~

Tonight we are having a family dinner - there are a few nights a week we make no plans and come together for at least a nice sit down meal - Monday is one of those nights - so I need to get in the kitchen and get it ready to throw in the oven after work tonight.

Have a WONDERFUL Day everyone!!

campbellkids
Resident
campbellkids

Tracey, I'm so glad you allowed God to use you with those young moms-to-be. I'm sure they felt loved and were thankful to have some kind of foundation to spring from.

Judy, like I said before....I'm right there with you on the whole coffee thing. I just learned I REALLY like dark roast!!!!

Dawn, the other women probably can't get a word in edgewise!!!! We're chatting so much!!

campbellkids
Resident
campbellkids

Oh, Judy, I forgot....my neighbor has 2 bichons also! They are Pippin and Cammie. My Gracie, who is a Bearded Collie, loves little white dogs! I think she thinks they are sheep!!! She's a herding dog you know!!!!

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21
In response to kanary

Dawn - I think it's great that you give examples of situations from your own life. It helps to see things clearly and understand better.

Karen - I think CareNet is a national overseer (not sure if that's the right word for some of the Pregnancy Care Centers. They have the 800 number that you see on billboards and when women call that number they are put in touch with local centers in their area. It's great that your church is collecting items for the Center, especially brand new things!

Judy - Hope the family dinner went well!

I was wondering if everyone could tell what part of the country they live in (if they don't mind). I think Dawn already said NE Indiana. I always like to know what time it is where the people are that I'm talking to. I'm in Pittsburgh, PA.

Sandie Dunn
Guru
Sandie Dunn

Hi Ladies!
Just popping in for a few minutes to say HI! I've been able to read most of the posts and want to say how happy I am that everyone is being real. This is drawing me closer to this group rather than pushing away. I have a hard time trusting women too. My best friend is my DH and I'm not very close to a whole lot of other people for various different reasons - trust being the biggest one.

Dawn, I have a tendency to relate to others by talking about my experiences too... I find it keeps me from offering advice, etc, but sometimes people take it as me just talking about me all the time. That's really not what I'm trying to do either.

I'm so glad that everyone has opened this flood gate of honesty and are laying the bridge for trust here. I feel more connected to all you ladies already just by reading your posts.

All in all, I want to say hi and thanks. Oh, and I'm probably going to be away for a day or two. Tomorrow is the big anniversary! Yay! So, we'll probably be out wining and dining tomorrow night. We were supposed to go out on Saturday night, but that got postponed to next weekend. It was totally my suggestion though. Hubby and his drummer were recording music on Saturday and they couldn't stuff done (the drummer had to keep leaving for stuff). Anyhow, I told him to keep recording and we'd rebook for next weekend. I can't wait. It's going to be so much fun.

Hugs and Kisses!!
Talk to you all soon!

Sandie Dunn
Guru
Sandie Dunn

Oh, I also wanted to mention that I'm glad that Beth's bible study was brought up. We all get really charged about the bible and Jesus and this is the most obvious place that we should be able to share that. I get super charged about prophecy, so I'll probably be bringing that up a lot, haha! So, where can I find the bible study? I haven't heard of it yet. Super interested though.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper

Dawn, I'm in! I just found this thread!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Faithscrapper

Hi Paula & Welcome!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Hi ladies!

My-oh-my! Not sure where to restart, so I suppose I'll just start right back here!

- First off, Thank You Dawn for all the recent love!...I will be sure to return the love just as soon as I can!...You might know how I am. Like you, I like to look & love all at once! LOL!

- Just to share ico current studies...I'm (still) currently reading The Book Of John by Beth Moore. It's a pretty blue, it's huge & more importantly, as to what's inside, it's really, really good, so far!

The plan was to have it be my summer reading study, however, summer has escaped my clutches & sadly, I'm still in Chapter 1!

Although I like to take my time, take notes & soak it in, I really wanted to have spent the time studying it!

Anyways, it's since now turned into my Fall/Winter read!

Note: Apparantly, she also has one on both Jesus & Joseph. If & when I finally finish, both of them will surely be the next 2 studies on my list!

p.s. The last study I participated in this past spring & it was on the Tabernacle! It was smack in the middle of our move, but at the end of there was a life-size traveling Tabernacle display that was setup in our church parking lot for a week or 2. I have my binder and purchased a couple of CD's for the studies that I ended up missing. Let me just say in advance, it was one of the most powerful studies that I think I have read to date! It really ties together Scripture from throughout the Bible Past, Present & Soon-To-Come!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Other studies that I recently purchased & really, really want to study more in-depth!

- A Woman Of Faith: Esther, by Dee Brestin

- A Woman Of Love: Ruth, by Dee Brestin

- A Woman Of Wisdom: Proverbs, by Dee Brestin

- Living Above Worry And Stress, Thelma Wells, Woman Of Faith Series

There are Wednesday Weekly Women's Bible Studies here on base. From what I've read, I believe they are topical.

Right now I am at the 'haven't taken the next new plunge step' yet.

I think God wants me to Wait, but in this case not Be Still & take this quiet time to be with Him to prepare my heart in advance.

p.s. I already know that whatever I read will ultimately end up coming into play when I finally do indeed join a new group!

Scrap Evangel
Guru
Scrap Evangel

Hello all!

Dawn, thanks so much for getting this started.

Random fact 1. I love crab legs
Random fact 2. My dh's birthday is the day before mine and I'm 2 years older than him.

Looking forward to getting started.

Abundant blessings!

Terrie

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Scrap Evangel

• Scrap Evangel Said:
Random fact 2. My dh's birthday is the day before mine and I'm 2 years older than him.

Terrie

That's really neat & must be very special!

How beautiful & blessed to be able to celebrate together every time with the one you love!

TFS!

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer

Sandie ~ Happy Anniversary!! Sounds like your husband has a band?? My son is a musician too ~ Plays guitar and writes music.

Paula ~ Welcome- I will head over and put in a friend request.

Not sure about all you gals - but I have been on SB.com for several years and have so many "friends" on my list that I never "talk" too.

I will need to go and make some changes and move you girls up to best so I can find you easier.

Our family dinner was OK last night ~ I could say it was AWESOME but I do believe in honesty and as Satan would have it - he put a wrench in the whole thing by allowing a situation at the High School my children attend flow over and affect our dinner conversation.

Out of my 6 children - only two are left at home. My youngest son and daughter.

I don't want to take up the thread and I risk saying ~ Please pray for my children.

I was married to their father for 20 years - it was an abusive situation and took me that long to have the strength (and sence) to end the marriage.

Three of my children were abused by their father - both physically and emotionally.

It's strange - that 3 were and 3 weren't ~

One of my children still at home was one of those children. Although he is male - he can get quite emotional.

I say I risk saying this because I have been judged for being divorced and due to my insecurity I feel I've done something wrong due to my children's struggles.

My councelor has assured me this is typical abused women behaviour - to blame yourself.

Most days - I do very well dealing with the situation ~ I have 6 children and each child has "a day" of prayer - I rest on the 7th day! LOL

I allow myself to grieve for that particuliar child in the morning during my prayer time and then I focus on others and not allow the various situations to affect my life - or I would go insane.

Last night wasn't a good night ~ All that pain drudged up and that is my reason for sharing.

I won't always do this - so don't be afraid to "talk to me".

I know I am rambeling - Thanks for letting me ~

Hope I didn't say anything to offend anyone.

I pray you all have a WONDERFUL day ~

(((HUGS)))

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer

Dawn ~ You are so funny! I think eating healthy is all in your mind ~

What I mean is - I have had to convince myself that soy nuts taste just as good as a Cold Stone Creamery Coffee Lovers Sundae ~ Yea Right!!!

It is hard ~ I struggle with my weight and have slowly been climbing back up the scale.

Sometimes I care - and sometimes I dont! LOL

All I know is that when I leave this earth - I will have a new body! AMEN!!

Thanks for the encouragement ~ Just a bad evening!!

I really don't dwell on things - I can be an Israelite going around the mountain for 40 years about things when the reality is - it's a 12 day journey to the Promised Land.

My healing has come from The Lord and from concentrating on others.

I think I mentioned the YES House in an earlier post - I am going to upload pics when I get doen rambling.

Every year for three years I have had the honor of taking a group of volunteers to their facility and doing whatever they need done.

When we look at others - our "stuff" doesn't look so big ~

The d-i-v-o-r-c-e thing has been settled in my mind - it's just that ole co-dependency thing rears it's ugly head every now and then and I worry about what others think.

My Pastor's wife told me that God designed marriage to give honor and glory to Himself. She has encouraged me to let go because my first marriage did not honor Him.

She assured me - my 2nd marriage does honor Him by how He uses my husband and I ~ I truly feel blessed!!

I need to run to work!!!

My job - It's a Love - Hate thing ~ LOL

(((HUGS)))

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21

Judy - and prayers for your children. As for divorce, you should never stay in an abusive relationship, especially when the children are being harmed. You didn't say anything offensive, so don't worry.
BTW, I saw on your profile that you and I have the same birthday!

Sandie - Happy Anniversary!

Hi to everyone else and have a blessed day everyone!

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories

I am sorry that I am post in late here. I am trying to do too many things. But I wanted to try keeping up as much as I can with this challenge group.

One of the things that I want to teach is Faithbooking. And I love the idea of a ScrapSisterhood w/Christian Women.

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories

• Hands of Grace Said:
I was just thinking to help us all get to know each other better maybe we could all share a random fact or two about ourselves.

As for me I want to learn to play the harmonica. I have 3 Hohners but don't play them because I love my family too much to put them through that.

And I am married to Nate who has only one sibling and he is 10 years older than Nate and I also only have one sibling who is 10 years older than I am.

Anyone else??

Let's see a little about me:

I am 44 and married with no children.
I have two black cats.
I a working on having a Scrapbooking Busniess "Mix-on The Memories" a combination of my last name and my initials.

I am leaning Digital Scrapbooking and am finding out that I can get more people to buy card then Scrapbooks.

I love to dance and am on the Liturgical Dance Ministry at my church. I am also head of the Breakfast and Arcivial/Scrapbook Ministries at church.

I teach Scrabook and Crafting classes at A.C.Moore.

Oh, and I also have a full time Data Entry job Mon-Fri from 4am to 12pm. Yes, this is not a typo, that is four AM in the morning.

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer
In response to Mix-on the Memories

Niqui ~ It is so nice to see you - You always make me smile!!

Karen ~ Thank you for your prayers & your love.

That is extememly interesting about the lack of abuse being addresses in God's Word.

Hmmmmm ~

My husband is an analyst and my Sunday School teacher so I will get him working on that.

We are meeting my husband's cousin and his wife tonight for dinner.

They are in the country on a month visit from Japan. They teach English at a University there.

They are Believers so I am anxious for our visit.

I don't know them really - they have been in the country a few times in the 10 years I've known my husband and we have never done more than causually visit at family functions.

I just got off work and am relaxing for a minute before I run and get ready.

Wishing you all a WONDERFUL evening!!

Love You Girls!!

Scrap Evangel
Guru
Scrap Evangel

Okay. All done! Here's my lo.

A Friend By Scrap Evangel

Edited by Scrap Evangel on 08-25-09 03:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrap Evangel
Guru
Scrap Evangel

Thanks Dawn. I LOVE Studio Calico!

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper

hi ladies! we had a really busy day at work so I'm just now checking in! I hope everyone has had a good beginning to the week!

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer

Good Morning Girls ~ Hope everyone got a good nights sleep ~

I am TRYING to talk myself out of going back to bed. It is a little after 5 so after this I need to drag myself down to my treadmill and make myself walk.

If I don't - I'll be sorry.

I will be out of it all day ~

My dinner last night was really good, both food and conversation ~ My husband has a very small family (compared to mine) so it is always nice to get together with them.

Last night I was on the computer after work and my laptop was warning me it was running out of steam - so I got up to walk across the room to get the power cord - and tripped over an ottamon that is front of our couch and fell face first into the carpet.

The first thing I did was grab my laptop and make sure it was OK ~ LOL

It was! But don't walk and continue typing - not a good idea!

My glasses need to be taken in and readjusted - they sort of spread apart when they got jammed into my nose - I have rug burns and swelling on my nose - my daycare people are going to think I got beat up ~ LOL

Well - I need to go start my day ~

Everyone have an amazing day!!

campbellkids
Resident
campbellkids

Good Morning Ladies and welcome to the new ladies!

I took yesterday off to work on my lo and when I checked the site last night, I thought "How come nobody has said anything?" I looked again this morning and there were no new posts!!! Then I realized I was at the end of the page and there were 2 more pages!!! See...I told you I was site impaired!!

Glad to see everyone is still talking. Hope you all have a great day.

Laurie

P.S. I think Tracey asked where everyone was from? Spokane, Washington here.

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer

Hello Girls ~ Just got the kids laid down for naps ~ YEA!!!! My favorite time of day.

I love the job - I have done it along time but kids are definitley not what they use to be and the parents are why ~

My job is really stressful. I have thought about quitting several times the past few years and when I go to look on-line or in the paper - I immediatley go to CHILDCARE.

Why work for someone else then??

I'm home - I am a homebody for the most part and I feel somewhat like a housewife - especially at naptime. I get a few hours to do what I want. Not many jobs give you a 2 hour lunch break ~ LOL

Dawn - What a great reminder - Where's my heart??

I try to pray all day so I keep my selfish sinful self in check.

I am almost done with my "submission" to the challenge.

I may link it tonight ~ I have an interview tonight after dinner for a new client so it depends on how long they stay.

It's gonna be along day!!

BTW - I am from Omaha, Nebraska - it's about 6 hours west of Chicago.

Wishing everyone a good day ~ (((HUGS)))

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to kanary

Hi gals,

Hope its okay if I jump in. I have a tough time scrappin' my faith and am looking forward to some inspiration.

ya'll have alot of conversations going, and I'm not very good at that.

I have been saved for about 23 years now, it was a month after my dd's birth that I realized being a Christian was not about doing all the church 'things' but about a relationship with Jesus. The best day of my life.

I am 47 years old, live in the Central Valley of CA (@30 miles south of Modesto) Just celebrated our 25th year of marriage, mom of 2 grown married kids and proud brand-new grandma!!!

but, like I said, struggle with ways to share my faith thru my hobby. and am looking for inspiration.

so, now, I'll go to the first page and see what the challenge is.

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21
In response to kanary

Hi, everyone!

Dawn - I was so excited to read what you said about Jesus in the OT. That is one of my favorite Bible study topics! My dh teaches the middle school Sunday school class and he gets very exuberant when he teaches that!

My youngest ds went to high school today! He's been homeschooled for the past five years, so it was kind of sad, but he was ready to go!

Hello to the new people and hope everyone has a great day!

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories

• Hands of Grace Said:
Niqui- You are one busy woman!!! Wow! I would love to do more with my time but I just don't know how to get started.

I can't believe the hours you work!! That must be exhausting! When do you sleep???

Judy - Enjoy your evening!! I'll be thinking about you and praying for you. Hope you have a wonderful visit :0)

Sleep, am I suppose to sleep, LOL.
I try do go to bed around 7 pm and get up around 2-2:30 am. The problem is taking the time to Scrapbook.

MrsRabon
Expert
MrsRabon

Hi ladies....Is there space for one more?

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21
In response to kanary

Dawn - When Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego are in the fiery furnace and King Nebuchadnezzar looks in an sees a fourth man. (Dan. 3:25), that is Jesus, too! There are lots of other instances, too. We know a retired Pastor who wrote a whole Bible study on this. I'm not sure if it was published, but I'll ask dh about it. He knows so much more about this than me.

I'll pray for your back, too!

Karen - Ds is going to an all boys, Catholic school. We are not Roman Catholic, but this school has great discipline and academics and ds can walk to it. He is well grounded in his own faith, too, since dh is his Sunday school teacher!

Thanks to everyone who commented on ds's picture!

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone

well, my first name is Karen..guess I could go by KarenM...ha!

Oh, I may live in CA but grew up in Texas...so I still consider myself a Texan...teehee

Tracey, dd went to a Catholic school for her elementary years...we used any differences as an opportunity to discuss why we believe as we do. and to show respect for other faiths. Luckily, the school was open to us, also. Like when I asked if dd could be excused from the rosary..as long as she was respectfully silent.

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21
In response to mjmone

Hi, KarenM! Nice to meet you! Are there three Karen's here now?

Any other East Coast people? Dawn is right - We are being taken over by Californians! LOL

Scrap Evangel
Guru
Scrap Evangel

Karen, thanks for the toot. Speaking of which, I'm published in Scrapbooks and Beyond. I was surprised because I submitted this one more than a year ago. I'll post it soon.

Dawn, I'll be praying for your back.

Abundant blessings! Terrie

Sandie Dunn
Guru
Sandie Dunn

Hi scrapgirlz!!
Well, just got home from work and thought I’d pop in. Things seem to move pretty fast on here, so I’ll try and keep up. Wow! It doesn’t take long before posts just fly by… LOL.

Dawn - yip, you guessed it, lol, my husband is a musician. I love that part of him. He doesn't currently have a band, but he writes with another guy that we know who is a drummer. Mike (my hubby) is mainly a guitar player and song writer. He can play bass, piano, and drums but prefers not to. He doesn't write lyrics either. We have a recording studio set up in our apartment (all digital so as not to disturb the neighbours) and it's pretty cool. He used to have a band in Victoria that was a Christian band called Seven Slaves and they were more of a hard rock / heavier style of Christian. He's currently trying to talk me into going for drum lessons, haha! Yeah, we'll see... this little girl has very little rhythm. LOL

Talking about eating healthy... Yeah, I have to start that too. I'm so unimpressed by that, LOL. I'm okay with the weight and size that I am. I've been this size for the past couple of years and it's okay. Of course, what girl wouldn't want to be skinny, but it's really not about that. I've had a ton of health issues over the past year from stomach problems (gastro/GI), migraines, and joint problems in my hips, shoulders, wrists and now my elbows. I was in physio all winter/srping for my hips. I'm seriously praying that if I improve my diet and the strength of my muscles that I will be pain free. It seems the more pounds I have on, the more I hurt - even my skin. The slimmer I am, the younger I feel and more mobile I am. Anyhow, that's my current dilemma.

I’m really loving this group and I’m reading all the posts, but just not posting quick enough to reply to everything. Sorry about that.
I love that Jesus is found in the OT too. It’s so neat to see him there… Flip to Genesis 18 and that whole chapter is referring to the Lord as 1 entity and then 3 or several men. Jesus is one of them. Also, Genesis 14 Abraham rescues Lot and gets the spoils of war. In verses 18-20… Abraham tithes to Melchizedek “king of Salem, priest of God Most High” and Melchizedek brings wine and bread and blessed Abraham. A lot of people believe that Melchizedek is Jesus because he was tithed to and there was no mention of tithing (that I can recall) before this and he brought the bread and wine. And, there is another instance – I can’t remember just where… about a man who straddled a river and that was Jesus too. I love that he is throughout the entire Bible.

Love chatting with you ladies! I get all jazzed up too when other people are all jazzed up!

Sandie Dunn
Guru
Sandie Dunn

I'm an East Coast girl too! Probably the farthest East... Atlantic Canada. My time zone is a little off. Haha!

Is it possible to add at least the province or state that people are from to the first page? Until we get to know each other better? I just know if I see it once, I'll want to remember, but won't be able to.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper

• Piratefan21 Said:
Hi, KarenM! Nice to meet you! Are there three Karen's here now?

Any other East Coast people? Dawn is right - We are being taken over by Californians! LOL

I'm in Durham, NC

Sandie Dunn
Guru
Sandie Dunn

Wow! Thanks so much KarenE! I haven't updated my blog in such a long time and then just put on some new stuff the other day.

You know, I love it how the whole Bible is Jesus centered. And, how later parts of the Bible explain earlier parts - like you mentioned in Galatians 3:8. I didn't know that was there! Very cool! Thanks for pointing it out.

Sandie Dunn
Guru
Sandie Dunn

I know! Just freaks me out, LOL This place moves fast! Thanks for adding that to the first page Dawn. Once we all get to know each other better, we won't need it anymore. There are a LOT of people from Cali though! Wow!

Yay for you Dawn!! I'm so happy for you!! I hope you keep feeling better. Hugs!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

1. Yay Cali! (Couldn't resist whatsoever)

2. 15 sounds perfect to me. Thank You So Much for considering that Dawn. I think anymore might be too much or overwhelming to keep up with! I'd much rather be more personable/one-on-one and I think that'll help so very much!

3. Hi Sandie. Got your request. And I so agree. All your photography is just gorgeous! What a wonderful gift to have been given!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• Hands of Grace Said:
And in scrapbooking news if anyone cares (lol) I did get myself 2 sets of Thickers and a new Martha Stewart border punch while I was out tonight.

Although I have some and have yet to use em, I absolutely Thickers. Can't wait to see what you end up creating with em!

Which punch or rather which style is the punch!

TFS & Happy Scrapping!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

What a great topic! And one that I love!

Jesus was there Day 1 in the Bible.

God
Jesus
Spirit

They are each one another and one.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

The concept is called a Theophany.

Definition: A manifestation or appearance of God to man.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

The Red Thread By KellyCali

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Born and raised in Southern CA.

The first time I ever really left was when I joined the military.

(That's where I ended up meeting my husband through my hometown best friend who btw had joined with me!)

I served for 4 years. We decided to start a family, so when my time was up, made the decision to follow my hubby.

It's been many years & many places since that day.

3 years back (& after 12 yrs from being away) we got to finally be stationed in California at Camp Pendleton in Oceanside.

This past summer we had to move. Our orders recently brought us to the island of Guam, USA this past June!

Couldn't bring myself to change my profile name. GuamGirl, IslandGirl, etc. really just are not who I am or let along the same!

Cali will always be where I call home.

...And this concludes our portion of 'The Story & Life The Girl Otherwise Known As KellyCali'

LOL!

p.s. To answer your original question. Guam is where I currently am and that's right & correct! Smiles & Thanks!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to kanary

Karen, I'm here & I'm praying for you & your mom right now.

Due to the time difference between me & the rest of you, I will also be sure to be praying at 2:00am your time, as well as up until that time!

Praying that all will be well & that the LORD will be right there handling every detail!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

It's almost 2am.

Just letting you know I'm thinking of you Karen.

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer
In response to KellyCali

Heavenly Father ~ I trust that Your Loving Hand is upon Karen's mother right now ~

Father - I can only imagine the responsibility that Karen deals with each and every day. Father - revive her and stregthen her to deal with this responsibility and lighten the stress that surely must weigh on her mind.

I Thank You Father that Karen has been able to share with this group and in an extraordinary way - May she feel Your Love thru the many that are lifting she and her Mother up to You.

Father - Let this precious woman's body be restored to normalacy and the mix up of yesterday be a thing of the past and not effect today or tomorrow.

Father - Calm Karen's anxious heart - Let her feel peace and comfort as she remembers the reality that ultimatley You are in control.

Father - We lift this up to You and we Thank You for how You will answer.

In Jesus Name - Amen!

happyDiane
Mayor
happyDiane

I just found ya'll! and I just finished reading the first 8 pages!

I too am praying for your Mom, Karen.

I also want to join! I've been looking for a group and you ladies sound like you were heaven sent just for ME! Quite a few of you I have "seen around" here in the different threads. I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone!

yadee87
Diva
yadee87

yes please!!!!!!! i have been feeling really disconnected from God lately.. i spend most of my free time scrappin anyhow so y not make Him a focus in my pages?? i just know i have to do this challenge!

tmmvol
tmmvol 
Idol
tmmvol

Aw man. I noticed that you said that Darlene was the Lucky 15 and Final... can you squeeze one more in?! I have been thinking about doing a "scripture scrapbook" for a LONG time now, and think that the time is right, and that this group would really help me. Let me know if you can squeeze one more in!

Blessings!

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer
In response to kanary

Oh Karen ~ How wonderful to hear the news of your mom ~ Keep us posted!! Hope all three of you have a pleasant snoozey afternoon ~ (((HUGS)))

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps

hey i want to follow along too,if its not too late to join in,i will have to go back and get caught up later on today,thanks for the lead over diane,bb

Edited by bbscraps on 08-27-09 08:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps
In response to bbscraps

sorry i just read a couple posts up,maybe i can join another time,thanks and have fun,bb

happyDiane
Mayor
happyDiane
In response to bbscraps

Karen that is wonderful news! I too hope that ya'll have a restful afternoon!

campbellkids
Resident
campbellkids
In response to happyDiane

Good Morning Everyone!

Welcome new ladies.

Karen, I'm praising God right now. I'm sorry I missed your post last night, but I ALWAYS pray for you anyway. I'm so glad the 3 of you are doing well.

Have a restful afternoon.

Laurie

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21

Karen - So thankful that your mom is o.k. It's so great that you are taking care of your parents and I'm sure you are a blessing to them!

Kelli and Dawn - Yes, Jesus is there through the whole OT and NT! So many people think Jesus only appears at His birth in the NT, but He was there at the creation! It is amazing to think that the baby fingers that held Mary and Joseph's were also the fingers that formed the stars! There is also a great book about this called Christ Before the Manger by Ron Rhodes. I think it is out of print, but some libraries may have it.

Hello to all the new people and nice to know there are some other East Coast people, too!

Niqui - I see that you are in Downingtown, PA. Is that diner still there where they filmed "The Blob"?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

- Karen, that's really wonderful to hear! Thanking God all the more this morning!

- Tracey, Thank You for sharing that book with us. It just 'sounds' awesome! I will have to take some time today to see what I can find or read about it online!

- I forgot to mention Dawn, that the studies that I am trying to start and complete are part of the Women of Faith series. You may have heard of their conferences or various speakers.

http://blogs.womenoffaith.com/

- A Woman Of Faith: Esther - Overcoming The World's Influences, by Dee Brestin
- A Woman Of Love: Ruth - Using Our Gift For Intimacy, by Dee Brestin
- A Woman Of Wisdom: Proverbs - God's Practical Advice For Living, by Dee Brestin
- Living Above Worry And Stress, Thelma Wells, Woman Of Faith Series

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

With that said, I went to bed extra late, but still woke up extra early. I'm about to dive into Ch. 1 of the Living Above Worry And Stress Study.

It's a 12-Week Study.

Here's the list of titles of the Chapters, if anyone else here is interested in jotting them down and going along little by little together.

Living Above Worry And Stress

1. Scattered Lives
2. Fear & Trembling
3. Worry Warts
4. Stressed Out!
5. Blessing in Disguise
6. Good Ventilation
7. I Know Whom I Have Believed
8. A Promise Is A Promise
9. Two Little Letters
10. Setting The Pace
11. Steady As She Goes!
12. Perfect Pace

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Chapter 1
Scattered Lives

A prayer of one overwhelmed with trouble, pouring out problems before the LORD. LORD hear my prayer! Listen to my plea! Don't turn away from me in my time of distress. Bend down your ear and answer me quickly when I call to you, for my days disappear like smoke. -Psalm 102: 1-3

1. What are your responsibilities around your home? You know, the things you absolutely have to do to stay afloat and can't delegate to anyone in the family.

2. What are the occassional, maintenance-type tasks you have to make sure you get done?

3. What activities do you attend on a regular basis, or act as chauffeur on your children's behalf?

4. What responsibilites do you hold in your church? How much preparation time do these responsibilities take?

5. Birthdays and holidays take a lot of planning. These annual events are traditions, and you are the keeper of the traditions. What seasonal celebrations do you make "happen" for your family?

6. On top of all of these things, many of us have also taken on a job. Some of us are self-employed while others are working outside the home. How many hours do you work each week? Also, is it a job that you can leave at work, or do you find that your responsibilities weigh on your mind even while at home?

7. In the midst of all your busyness and business, what would you say are the most important things in your life?

8. Look over your answers so far. Here are lists of all the people you are responsible for and all the jobs you must do. Do you feel overwhelmed by these responsibilities? Do you have any fears or worries that crop up because of them?

9. Look at David's prayer in Psalm 102: 1-3. How is he feeling?

10. We know from the Bible that "God is not the author of confusion" (1 Cor. 14:33). Fear, worry and stress are not part of His plan for our lives. When He made you, what did He have in mind for His workmanship? Look in Ephesians 2:10.

trinket - leaf

When our lives get too hectic, we start to feel as scattered leaves we see in autumn. At first, they are lovely, but then they begin to fall. The leaves become a clutter on the lawn. Every gust of wind brings a new torrent of disarray, and no matter how furiously we rake, we can't bring those scattered leaves together again. Your trinket this week is a leaf. Let it serve to remind you of how scattered your days can feel. Make it your prayer that your life will not remain a tumult of dried leaves, drifting around with every breath of wind. Ask instead that your life might be as fresh as a newly unfurled leaf, clinging to the strength and stability of the tree branch. This study guide may be your chance to 'turn over a new leaf'.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Just to share - The thing that spoke to me most this morning was a combination of Question #9, along with Psalm 5: 3 and Psalm 61:2.

Both state that 'I will direct my prayer & I will look up!'...I so love & needed to hear that second part!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Last thing, I promise.

If anyone else here would like or like to try...

Something Daily for our group.

Praise Report -

Prayer Request -

(It's not always as easy as it seems, especially when you get out of the habit of doing it!)

Scrap Evangel
Guru
Scrap Evangel

Here's the surprise publication that I mentioned yesterday.

Life By Scrap Evangel

Scrap Evangel
Guru
Scrap Evangel

• Hands of Grace Said:
OK!!! I got everyone's location added to the OP. :0)

Thanks for your prayers ladies!! I have been pain free for the last several hours!! Praise the Lord!!

I have a lot of catching up to do! I was only gone for 4.5 hours! lol

Praise God for that!!

Scrap Evangel
Guru
Scrap Evangel
In response to kanary

• kanary Said:
Dear sweet sisters,

At 2:00 a.m. I checked Mom's sugar again and it was 510...not coming down quickly enough. So I gave her 32 units of the daytime insulin (Humalog) and we checked it again at 6:30 a.m. Her sugar was 177, well within acceptable levels for her!!

She is up eating breakfast and I will be taking her to her standing Thursday morning hair appointment soon!

Thankful,
Karen

Our God is an awesome God! So glad to hear such great news.!

happyDiane
Mayor
happyDiane
In response to Scrap Evangel

My fingers are ready to type something intelligent, well that is how I want to come across, but right now I'm in a funk.

One of my health issues is I have trouble breathing. So this hot humid weather we are having is causing me to stay indoors. I go through the same thing during the winter, when it gets so cold that you can't breath. I know that I just feel sorry for myself. Tried calling some friends, but I don't feel like talking to anyone. I know for me this is dangerous. So this brings up another of my health issues, depression... thanks. I know in a day or so I'll be ok again.

Piratefan21
Idol
Piratefan21
In response to happyDiane

• happyDiane Said:
My fingers are ready to type something intelligent, well that is how I want to come across, but right now I'm in a funk.

One of my health issues is I have trouble breathing. So this hot humid weather we are having is causing me to stay indoors. I go through the same thing during the winter, when it gets so cold that you can't breath. I know that I just feel sorry for myself. Tried calling some friends, but I don't feel like talking to anyone. I know for me this is dangerous. So this brings up another of my health issues, depression... thanks. I know in a day or so I'll be ok again.

and prayers being said for you Diane!

bbscraps
Diva
bbscraps

• Hands of Grace Said:
Can't stay long but KAREN! PRAISE OUR PRECIOUS LORD!! :0) He is SO good!!! Give your beautiful mom a kiss for me, would you?? :0)

Tara you're in sweetie!! lol I'll be back later to add you to the OP.

Bonnie, my moms name is Bonnie too...if I turn you away it would be like turning my own mom away!! If you still want to join I don't suppose it would hurt to have one more sister on board! ;0)

BBL!!!

that would be wonderful,but i don't want to impose and i will understand,thanks,bb

campbellkids
Resident
campbellkids
In response to bbscraps

Hi Diane!

I can totally relate to when health issues get you down. I went through that very same thing here about a month ago. I didn't want to talk to anyone either. So, I'm praying that God will give you His comfort through this time and you'll come back and chat when you're ready. We're always here for you!

Bonnie, you silly girl! Please don't think you'd be imposing!!!!

Have a great evening everyone!!

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer

Dawn ~ Not sure how to upload the layouts into the post - here are the link to get to the layouts.

It's a 2 page - I hope that's OK ~

This is my friend Nancy ~ Please pray for her - she lost her 23 year old son last year and she is really struggeling.

Page 1 ~

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Page 2 ~

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

yadee87
Diva
yadee87
In response to kanary

i really like the vibes on gettin on this forum! u all sound lovely! im glad to b here

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to yadee87

Just wanted to say, Hi & Welcome to all the ladies that have recently joined & been led here by the Lord!

Hugs & Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know all of you Sisters in Christ more!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to bbscraps

• bbscraps Said:
  • Hands of Grace Said:
Bonnie, my moms name is Bonnie too...if I turn you away it would be like turning my own mom away!! If you still want to join I don't suppose it would hurt to have one more sister on board! ;0)

BBL!!!

that would be wonderful,but i don't want to impose and i will understand,thanks,bb

Bonnie, I just sent you a message hoping that you will stay and consider staying.

So much so, that I would like to ask Dawn to have you take my current spot.

Dawn, I know why we said 15 and I also know why we can't find ourselves to turn anyone away!

On that note, would you consider placing me after everyone else on the list.

Something I do in my Challenges for those truly interested is a Members In Waiting List.

As time goes by, if someone else chooses to not participate or has to bow out...Then you can always put me back in! Know what I mean?

So Members listed # 1-17 (as currently listed)

A divider. Then me at 18!

Thanks Dawn. I'll still be sure to follow along!

happyDiane
Mayor
happyDiane
In response to kanary

Thank you everyone! Karen I have no idea what to tell you about prayers for me. When I go to Him, I don't know what to ask for... I REALLY like your description of the cave, it fits.

Kelly dear one, you are one of the reasons I joined and I was the one who invited Bonnie. I got the impression that the number was a suggestion to help keep us from being overwhelmed and to feel safe.

A good old thunderstorm woke me up. Today DH is having his last in the series of 3 shots in his back. Sure hope they help him.

Page 1 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics