Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: July Use Your Supplies ~ Lottery Month!        (Topic#1560737)
MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Welcome to the Use Your Supplies challenge! The goal of this challenge is to use up your stash, getting rid of the old to make room for the new. Spring is finally here, and we're going to clean our supply closets to celebrate!

As every month, we're going to try to reinvigorate our mojo with different twists. For each twist you complete, you'll receive an additional vote for your page! Members were given several options last month and I chose randomly to see who would pick the challenges for the month. So let's see what was chosen!

Week One ~ (#4) Green
The background of your page should be green in July. That's a green piece of cardstock, or a piece of patterned paper that is predominantly green. For a twist, use a green background, a green button, a green ribbon, and green ink on your page.

Week Two ~ (#e) Journaling
We haven't focused on journaling for a while so in order to qualify for this week you should have at least 50 words of journaling visible on the page in a journaling block. For a twist, include another 50 words on one of the following: around a photo, around the page border, in a circle, on a hidden tag.

Week Three ~ (#5) Stickers
Dig into your stash for this one. Your challenge this week is to use at least 3 different stickers on your page. That's 3 different packages, not just 3 different from the same package! For a twist, alter the sticker in some form so that it is different from the original!

Week Four ~ (#d) Stickers + Sewing
For this week, you are going to combine stickers with sewing! Include at least 3 stickers on your page, and sewing of some kind. If you don't necessarily want to sew ON your page, you can use rub ons or doodle stitches onto your page. For a twist, combine the stickers and sewing for a custom-made embellishment!

Rules:
1. Layouts can done for this challenge and other challenges. Due to the fact that we are using up supplies, digital layouts will not qualify. Also, your layout must be created and then posted to this thread between July 1, 2011 and midnight on July 31, 2011 in order to qualify. If you finish all four weeks, you will receive an extra vote for each page!

2. Any size layout that is 8 x 8 or larger will qualify.

3. Post in your gallery and leave a link on this forum thread. Please allow public embedding on your pages! I am going to be a little relaxed on the deadlines, so long as all four layouts are in by the end of the month, that's fine. To be clear there need to be four different layouts, one for each category. In other words, you can't create one layout and have it entered for voting in more than one category. Also, you're welcome to share pages you've created, so long as they use the supplies we're trying to use up this month!

4. Explain your technique.

5. Leave love for the other participants!

6. Starting August 2, we will PM our votes. Please send me the number next to your favorite LO for each week (for a total of 4 votes) plus the number of your LO for that week so I can give you your vote-vote (make sense?).

The poll will be posted August 7, around 6 pm central. Votes will be accepted until that time.

Now... let's get to using that stash!!

Participants (in alphabetical order) - weeks completed

MelissaW
scrapperbee

Edited by MelissaW on 07-01-11 06:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to scrapperbee

Week 1

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to MeliMedina

Week 2

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Week 3

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Week 4

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

I want to make sure I point out that we won't be voting until the 2nd of August because the last two days of July are dedicated to my youngest son's birthday and party! I don't want to have to take time from that to update the thread for voting on the first. This will give me plenty of time to get it all done. I hope nobody minds!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Melissa, I deleted my first post--didn't realize how quick I did it. But yes, I do intend to get a lot of lo's done this month.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to scrapperbee

• scrapperbee Said:
Melissa, I deleted my first post--didn't realize how quick I did it. But yes, I do intend to get a lot of lo's done this month.

Thank you! No, I realized I'd forgotten to post those before posting the thread. I wasn't going to ask you to delete it, but I appreciate it!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I'm going to put this in my favorites and see what happens. I'll try my best - that's all I can say. I got plenty of stash to use up. Maybe this will help make a dent in it.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to GentlewoodFarms

I'll give this a try too!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to tinadn

This was challenging and I liked using my stash of items... I'm again.

SplendidMoments
Governor
SplendidMoments
In response to Lookin4newideas

count me in!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to SplendidMoments

Hope I can get this one done!!! I've signed up for so many but with my new scrap area set up, I'm eager to get to work!!!

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to littleMRSimelda

I am going to do better this month and get this challenge done. I was crazy busy last month with my kids graduations and the party, amoung other things. I have my DD's baby shower on the 8th but after that I am free as a bird.

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc
In response to jazzescrapper

Count me in!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to denayc

Week 3 with the twist, I cut one of the arrows, was a 90 angle, I made straight.
Lucas Oil Stadium By Tinadn

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to tinadn

ok... count me I... I think I am going to have to take a weeks worth of holidays to complete all these challenges but I am so addicted!!! I plan to make a serious dent in my scrap bin this month

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov
In response to leokc34

I am in and almost done with week 1 !!! woot!

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to mommaprov

I am in.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to lindaj3

I would like to do some if not all of these...may be biting off more than I can chew.

vincarash
Diva
vincarash
In response to dollscrap

great ideas this month, looking forward to working on some projects

laurak1
Idol
laurak1
In response to vincarash

stickers..stickers....

Zyva51 
Tenant
In response to laurak1

I really would like to join this one especially so I can use some of the 10's of thousands stickers I have that I don't use cuz I have the Cricut!

kimmyc70
Idol
kimmyc70

Me too, I love how this challenge makes me try new techniques as well as digging into that humungous stash of stuff that I have. The sewing challenge will be a good test for me.
I'm in, hope to get all four weeks done too.
Kimmy

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 07-02-11 06:41 PM
In response to kimmyc70

Oh, I think it's time to jump back in this one!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to dollscrap

here is my entry for week 1 with the twist!

i used the green bg, ribbon and buttons. i also used green ink around the bg paper and the patterned paper. I journaled in green too!
tfl
Jelly Belly By Littlemissimelda

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy

week 2: journaling 50 words +
With Santa 2010 By AllAmy

week 3 stickers (from 3 different brands/sheets)
Soccer By AllAmy

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to dollscrap

Here's mine for Week #3 - with the twist.

I wasn't terribly original. I used Thickers alphabet stickers from three different colors and font styles. I got a whole bunch of these from Peachy Cheap months ago, and I'm still slogging through using them all up!

I altered the red ones with dimensional paint dots.

Chicken Hearted

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34

jci

vincarash
Diva
vincarash
In response to dollscrap

HI here is my week 3 entry, stickers. I have 4 different kinds of stickers on here: 1. the letter A is an alpha sticker 2. the file fold (turq in bottom right) is a sticker 3. the transparent gelly centers to the orange flowers are jewel stickers 4. the "I believe I can fly" is a sticker. TWIST--I used my circle punch on the "I believe I can fly" sticker to make it a better size for the corner.
I believe I can fly By Vincarash

laurak1
Idol
laurak1
In response to vincarash

ok here's my week one. I did the twist, the ribbon is in the corners with the jute circles. tfl.
In the jungle By Laurak1

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to laurak1

Week 1 - green background
Cowboy Billy the Kid's 5th Birthday Party--- outside front By AllAmy

week 4 with twist of stitched stickers

Zoobalie Zoo By AllAmy

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to AllAmy

Here's mine for week 2 - journaling -- but no twist:

Memories By Scrapperbee

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to dollscrap

Here is week #2 50 words of journaling around the page and over 50 on a journaling square.

Uniquely You By Penny Lane

Edited by Penny Lane on 07-05-11 02:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov
In response to Penny Lane

acu2h

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov
In response to dollscrap

ok I am totally freaking out because what I thought was stickers turned out to be transparancies.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to mommaprov

acu - have a great night

laurak1
Idol
laurak1
In response to leokc34

Here's my week 2
Pretty mad By Laurak1

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov
In response to laurak1

peeking in

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to mommaprov

jci

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to mommaprov

• mommaprov Said:
ok I am totally freaking out because what I thought was stickers turned out to be transparancies.

Spray some spray on adhesive on the back of them and they'll BE stickers.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Here's my Week 1 - Green Background - No twist.

And Then There Were Three

laurak1
Idol
laurak1

Lol Pat! I love your can-do attitude!

laurak1
Idol
laurak1
In response to laurak1

ok the stickers are just killing me.

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov
In response to leokc34

jci and 1 week until harry potter!!!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to mommaprov

Yeah - I tried to knock that stickers one out first because I have a VERY limited supply of the things. I have a bunch of butterfly ones that I'll probably end up using for the sticker-sewing one, but other than that...I'm at a loss.

I'll have to go digging through the old stash drawer and see what I might be able to find.

Right now, I'm working on the journaling one and trying to get it stacked with a handful of other challenges. Not having a great deal of success. I can't seem to make the papers that I need to use go with the photos I need to scrap.

Shopping in my future? Can't do that - I'm on the "budget challenge" and have a zero tolerance with the exception of adhesive.

I don't know. It's a dilemma, that's fer shore.

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc

Wyatt By Denayc

Here's week 1 with the twist: I used green background, ink around the border(although it's really hard to see), button, ribbon.

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc
In response to denayc

1st Swim By Denayc

Here's week 4 with twist~I used 3 different sticker packs and sewed on all; 1. waves at bottom of page, 2. "horsey float in center, 3. title.

Granny & Me By Denayc

Here's week 2 with twist~ There are 50 words on the visible tag and another 80+ on the hidden tag on the right side of the page.

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to denayc

jci

vincarash
Diva
vincarash
In response to dollscrap

Hi, here is my week 4, stickers and sewing. I have 5 different sticker packs, 1. the chipboard signs, 2. the paper balloons,cake and present, 3. the clear flourishes, 4. the 12 in border in light pink and the darker scalloped edge and 5. finally the little plastic flower. I did machine stitched flower flourishes along the edge. Also for the twist I did some hand basket stitching along the edge of the paper present sticker. Thanks for looking.
My birthday By Vincarash

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov
In response to vincarash

acu2h and jci

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to mommaprov

jci

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to leokc34

acu

laurak1
Idol
laurak1
In response to lindaj3

Ok here's week 3 with the twist. I crackled painted the "c" in the title, the rest of the title letters are stickers and the blue butterfly is a sticker. Oh and there's a few extra stickers even. Classic By Laurak1
TFL.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to vincarash

Define stickers..lol.
Do letter stickers count?..thickers??
Do Basic Grey woolies count??.. they're adhesive backed.
If the answers to these questions is yes..I've a layout to share..if not....I'll just soldier on.

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to dollscrap

I too want stickers to be defined. I have very few stickers as I've only been scrapping for a couple years and stickers haven't been as popular recently as they have been in the past.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Penny Lane

I submitted this lo for the scraplift the person before you challenge and had all this hidden journaling, then I saw you had to have at least 50 words visible as well. I didn't put it down on a journaling block but around the outer edge, plus hidden journaling in the mini.

Please let me know if the qualifies for the week 2 challenge with twist. If not, I'll do something different then... thanks

Through the years By Lookin4newideas

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 07-10-11 07:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Katsbusiness
New Kid On the Block
Katsbusiness

Hi! I'm new to this forum and like the idea of challenges. I have not scrapped in a couple of years but would really like to get back into the swing of things. I think this challenge might be the perfect thing to get me started again. I just need to get my stuff re-organized and get going. I have seen some really nice LO on this site.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Katsbusiness

Welcome Kat, if you need motivation, you're sure to find it here and in many of the other challenges! I have been scrap-booking for years and joined this site but never went into the forums until this past March when I joined my first challenge. Ever since then I've been hooked, making new friends every day and have gone out of my element to try new things.

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3

acu

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to lindaj3

I used Thickers as MY stickers for this challenge. I don't HAVE much of anything else.

It was a real struggle to figure out what to use for the stickers-stitching project. I found these butterfly stickers all the way at the BOTTOM of my embellishment drawer, and I managed to re-tool my ABC and Faithbook layout to fit the challenge specs, so that's what I'm going to offer up

Week 4 - Stickers & Stitches

Gentle
By GentlewoodFarms

I think the only one I have left is the Journaling One. And I think I may have a plan for that one. A plan is good - right?

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov
In response to lindaj3

here is week 1 with the twist

We go Together By Mommaprov

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov
In response to mommaprov

here is week 3 the stickers are the silver letters "paysh" the glitter swirly thing (which is altered...I took off dimonds and added the blue bling and under the light gray flower on the right is a silver sticker) so 3 different stickers with twist of altering one of them

Uniquely You By Mommaprov

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to mommaprov

acu

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc
In response to lindaj3

I think I'm acu now! If I've forgotten anyone, I apologize. Great lo's so far.

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov
In response to denayc

jci

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to dollscrap

wk 2 with twist
Moments By Lindaj3

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to lindaj3

wk 3 no twist
Snow By Lindaj3

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to lindaj3

wk one no twist
Nature By Lindaj3

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to lindaj3

week one with twist
Howdy Partner...check out these boots By Tinadn

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to tinadn

Week 3 with the twist. I have stickers from three different packs and the oldest set I had probably about 10 years and the other two at least 5. I altered the stickers in the middle. I took the candy cane and made it into a pole with Santa standing at the bottom and the word JOY at the top. Then I used red and green glitter glue on the pole. TFL

Santa's lap By Lookin4newideas

Will be back sometime this weekend to get caught up.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to vincarash

These both may just be for sharing but I would like them to be my entries.
First one is newer products mostly but stuff I've been hoarding for a month or so...this challenge gets me using the cool new things I'm always afraid to use. This is for week 1, green with a twist... there is a green ribbon that I inked with Moss green ink to make it match the lo and there is a button on one of the flower thingies.
Happy Birthday. By Dollscrap

And this one is for the week 4 stickers and sewing with a twist. My stickers are the two different letter fonts and the little stitched flower on the journaling tag which also includes stitching...faux stitching.
Five By Dollscrap

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to dollscrap

here is my week 2 with the twist. the extra 50 words are on a hidden tag under the photo and flower

Daddy's monkey By Littlemissimelda

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov

here is my lo week 2 with twist
there is 70 words boarding the lo in white
and in the journaling box there are 52 words.

My 3 Kids By Mommaprov

leokc34
Mayor
leokc34
In response to mommaprov

jci

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to leokc34

hopefully I'm acu!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Mini Golf Adventures By Tinadn
Week 4 with the twist

taeklund
Governor
taeklund
In response to vincarash

here is week #1 with the twist! The green ink is on the cardboard letters. The green ribbon is ric-rac and there is a green button on the bottom ribbon cluster.
Strawberry By Taeklund

Week #2 no twist
Four By Taeklund

Week #3 My 3 stickers are the felt fusion, the butterflies, and the letters. I altered the felt fusion with a few gems and I turned flat butterfly stickers 3d by folding them in half and using pop dots. Sorry the picture does not show the 3d very well.
U R Adorable By Taeklund

And Week #4...the stickers are my letters and the sewing is on the red flowers.
Share By Taeklund

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to taeklund

jci

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to tinadn

acu

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to lindaj3

Wow anne!!! You were one busy scrapper!!!! Great job! Will leave love later!

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov

acu2h and jci

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc
In response to mommaprov

acu2h.

mommaprov
Diva
mommaprov
In response to denayc

jci

laurak1
Idol
laurak1
In response to lindaj3

Here's my week 4 no twist. The stitching is under the title both of which are kinda hard to see in this picture, sorry. The stickers are the heart, the big title letters and the small title words which I put on the heart. tfl.
The heart of the labyrinth By Laurak1

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to laurak1

Here is my week 1 with the twist. Everything I used was from my supplies. The kite pp is about 9 years old. I always had in the back of my mind I would use it some day after taking pictures of the kids flying kites. My daughter is going on 15 and never flew a kite or had any interest in doing so. I love how it looks with this page!

Your very 1st spring! By Lookin4newideas

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3

acu

denayc
denayc 
Guru
denayc
In response to lindaj3

Finally! Here's my week 3 with twist. I used 3 different sets of stickers and altered the duckies with stickles and the 'cute as a button' with liquid pearls.

Our Baby Boy By Denayc

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to denayc

acu

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to lindaj3

Acu

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to vincarash

Here's my week 2 Journaling...there are 50 words or so...no twist though. I'm leaving for a few days and will leave more love when I return...hope everyone has a great weekend.
Take me out to the ball game By Dollscrap

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to dollscrap

Poor Melissa, there are a lot of layouts that need to go on the front page

Pretty Lady
Idol
Pretty Lady
In response to dollscrap

Here is my week one and three