Username Post: March Progressive ~~~Round 2 - 7ish Eastern time~~~Everyone welcome        (Topic#1573151)
Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

A Progressive Challenge is done quickly and in steps.........it's like scrapbooking meets Simon Says with a touch of choose your group's adventure. Or it could be described as going to a virtual crop since we chat and scrap at the same time. Here's why a virtual crop can be great:

~*~ there's no pressure to buy more scrap supplies (like you need more)

~**~ it's from the comfort of your own home (including the scream/fighting kids, hubby that needs your help finding something you miss placed, crying baby, and bothersome calls from the MIL)

~***~ your supplies don't have to be packed and unpacked (because they're right where you left them- or at least that's where you thought you left it)

New info in red!!
On SAT MARCH 31 at 7ish PM Eastern TIME.

At the selected time of the day, I will give directions for you to follow approximately every 15 minutes until the challenge/layout is complete. I will not even know the how the layout will turn out because you all will help make decisions as I narrate a story. It’s like a choose your own adventure scrapbook challenge.

MARCH is scrap for F-U-N

You will need common scrap supplies and 2 or 3 pictures to be decided at the time of the challenge.

You must follow the steps and you should not peek ahead if you are doing the page after the fact. You must do what the step says, but you can do more if you would like. For example if the step calls for adding embellishments and you’re told to add two you could add three.

You can play with me at that time I give the directions or you can follow later following the order when you get a free chance.

Some sneak peeks:
*Step one sketch/scraplift selection
**Step two paper selection and placement
***Step three add photos
****Step four add homemade flowers or embellishments
*****Step five add embellishments
******Step six add title
*******Step seven add journaling, doodling, or stitching stage

THE RULES:
*Your lo has to be new as of the day the challenge, hence a progressive challenge.
**Upload your lo here within 24 hours of the last direction (the exception is to the weekly progressive you have exactly one week to complete the page)
***Single or double page LO's are fine. Any size is allowed too! Paper only as the directions are for that type
****On Wednesday after all the SATURDAY challenges have closed, PM me your favorite TWO layouts for EACH challenge.
*****Don’t vote for yourself as you will get a vote from me for sending in your vote.
******You can start the challenge at anytime within the 24 hours
*******You MUST follow each direction step-by-step one at a time, NO sneak peeks

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Share AnyWhere' on the 'share' tab beside the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Ms.Schwiet

Round one will start in a few minutes here.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Come join us tonight for round 2!!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

I'm napped, drinking a cup of iced coffee, thinking about how I can knock this and dinner out at least the baby's bath is off my chore list. I'm gather supplies so I can go strong for this round in THIRTY minutes!!!!

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

I'm in.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Reply.... Hubby fell for hints and he suggested left overs!!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to DaNel Hicks

• DaNel Hicks Said:
I'm in.

Yipppy ky-yeahhh Mother Scrapper!!!! Wait... r u a mom? Well, at least your a mom to a fuzzy friend. The adorable pic made me clean up a Die Hard Quote. Regardless, welcome

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 03-31-12 02:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

I'm a mom to lots of fuzzies. Time to feed hay to the outside hooved critters then I'm ready to start.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

I'm here! You want me to host Stacey?

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Are we using the same questions Stacey?

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

LUVVV for u to host.You could use the same questions. I just tend to shuffle them ever so slightly. And I remember on my way home from the ball the excel form I sent you didn't have free spaces!! You could throw some in or we can just roll with it

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

OK, sounds good! I will wait a little and see if DaNel gets back or if anyone else wants to join! and then I will get started!

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Megan Ann

I'm here -- at least for now!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to provinca

Hi Anna! We will be starting in a few minutes!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

WE know Anna as progressives go... I'm here for now too.

happy for the delay...my donna salazar papers are missing. If Jenny was playing I could blame her

provinca
Governor
provinca

HGTV is airing a special called "Clean Freaks" now . . . if they could only my scrap space at the moment! There's a woman on there who is a total clean freak. She has labels everywhere! I like organization, but I think she's a bit over the top. . .

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to provinca

I am going to try and play. DH wants to have friends over tho.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to provinca

I'm back from throwing hay. All the outside hooved fuzzies are happy

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Here are the questions:

step 1. Find the team mascot that’s NAME starts with the same letter as your bff’s last name. If none have the same letter then pick the next letter closest to your name. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.
step 2. Find a stadium’s name that starts with the same letter as your first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to your name. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.
Step 3: What team was founded or joined the year you graduated from high school? If none pick the closest. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.
Step 4: Find the TEAM MASCOT NAME that’s name starts with the same letter as your child’s/pet’s first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to your name. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.
step 5. Find the TEAM that won that is located closest to where you were born. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.
step 6. What team was founded or joined the year you were born? Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.
step 7.Find the TEAM that won that is located closest to where you currently live. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.

And the wiki page to find the answers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Bas eball

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

We are ready to go!!!

Here is the 1st question and the link to the wiki page to find the answer (scroll down to the chart, the answers are all in the charts)!

step 1. Find the team mascot that’s NAME starts with the same letter as your bff’s last name. If none have the same letter then pick the next letter closest to your name. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Megan Ann

Seattle - Mariner Moose

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to Megan Ann

Ok. I'm a newbee here. I looked on the list but I did not see any mascots listed. Am I blind?

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to provinca

STEP ONE: Scraplift yourself. Find a page you have already created and lift it.

Don't forget to post the LO to this thread so we know which one you are lifting!

See you all in 15 minutes!

provinca
Governor
provinca

• DaNel Hicks Said:
Ok. I'm a newbee here. I looked on the list but I did not see any mascots listed. Am I blind?

LOL - you're not blind. I didn't see it on that list either so I just googled it!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Nope, DaNel, you are not blind! Sorry, but I don't see it either!! Anna or Stacey, can you share where this answer is?

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to provinca

I'll be lifting this one:

Seven By Provinca

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to provinca

• provinca Said:
  • DaNel Hicks Said:

LOL - you're not blind. I didn't see it on that list either so I just googled it!

I am not a sports person so I would have no clue how to google a mascot. lol

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
Nope, DaNel, you are not blind! Sorry, but I don't see it either!! Anna or Stacey, can you share where this answer is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_Le ague_Baseb...

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

You scroll to the list of current franchises. the mascots are actually listed right after the city name in this list. I hope that helps!

Awesome pick Anna. I have two pages left in my mom's album and one of them was to be a scraplift!!! You rock

4 the Girls By Ms.Schwiet

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to provinca

Baxter the Bobcat (Arizona)

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

Friends Forever pg 2 By DaNel Hicks

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Did that help?

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

All the info you need to answer the questions is in the wiki link

You scroll to the list of current franchises towards the bottom and the mascots are actually listed right after the city name in this list. That may be our only mascot questions but other questions are related to the years and cities involved in the MLP I hope that helps!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to provinca

step 2. Find a stadium’s name that starts with the same letter as your first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to your name. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

I'll skip this one this I did it last time. hubby was upset about me driving my son to teh roller barn last week so I told him all day no. Now my hubby says I'll take you if you get a ride home. Note the word--- I'll----. So why am I telling you all see you in about an HOUR!!!!!

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to Megan Ann

Well, DaNel is my middle name so to answer the question correctly here we go.

Miami Marlins 12 Miami, FL Marlins Park19

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

STEP 2: Do ONE of the following to your paper:

1. doily
2. moisten the edges and curl a side up
3. Use the textured technique on your background paper on a piece of paper you will use on your paper.
4. Make one paper look like leather
5. add stickles or glitter to the entire page, the edges, or select parts of the patterns
6. Raised Background

NEW FOR MARCH

1. background
2. rip paper in the middle of the page
3. faux candy

Edited by Megan Ann on 03-31-12 03:49 PM. Reason for edit: added new for march options

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Megan Ann

Megan, are there any "New for March" options???? Man, I hope so . . .

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to provinca

lol, yes! Thank you for reminding me!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

OK all the options are now added in the above post. I will see you in 15 minutes!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Step 3: What team was founded or joined the year you graduated from high school? If none pick the closest. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Megan Ann

Seattle Mariners -- closest to my year

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to provinca

STEP 3: Do ONE of the following to your picture or mat:

1. Matt the core of your layout including embellies. Here's an example.
2. use paper strips- placed or weaved under pic as mat: example
3. tack your photos with the biggest on the bottom to the smallest on top. Make a little pocket to hold them and place each picture on a tag that can be pulled out to view. Here's an example.
4. mosaic cut the picture
a. mosaic 1
b. mosaic 2
c. mosaic 3

NEW FOR MARCH

1. add an interactive slider
2. Denim frames

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to Megan Ann

Colorado Rockies Denver, CO

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

eww just getting into step 4???

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
eww just getting into step 4???

Step 4 question will be asked at 7:35 pm!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

Megan's power went out again. So I'm going to jump in and finish it off. Let me grab the question.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

I lied here's another mascot question

Step 4: Find the TEAM MASCOT NAME that’s name starts with the same letter as your child’s/pet’s first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to your name. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
STEP 2: Do ONE of the following to your paper:

1. doily
2. moisten the edges and curl a side up
3. Use the textured technique on your background paper on a piece of paper you will use on your paper.
4. Make one paper look like leather
5. add stickles or glitter to the entire page, the edges, or select parts of the patterns
6. Raised Background

NEW FOR MARCH

1. background
2. rip paper in the middle of the page
3. faux candy

that background link didn't work
http://wendysscrappincorn er.blogspot.com/2012/02/stampi...

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Hey Stacey! I am back online! The power comeback on just now I can take over again!

provinca
Governor
provinca

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
I lied here's another mascot question

Lefty - Boston Red Sox

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

• Megan Ann Said:
Hey Stacey! I am back online! The power comeback on just now I can take over again!

Thank goodness hubby is mega chatty and wants to use my computer to check his hockey

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to provinca

STEP 4: Add TWO of the following HANDMADE embellishments to your page:

FLOWERS
1.crumpled daisy

2. handmade rose

3. frosted pion

CRAZES
step four-
1. Many pages look perfect with a tree. Search the gallery for a tree you can scraplift. Post the original layout or tutorial you followed to make a tree. Here's a great tutorial for a vine but I think it looks more like a tree. Amazing ideas. A tree dolled-up in [url=http://www.cookingwithcricut.com/2011/12/day-15-summer time-fun.html]Baker's Twine[/url.]
distressed cardboard winter trees
http://scrap-escape.blogspot.com/2012/02/scraps-of-ele g...

step four-
2. Here's an alternative way to use a mask. I used a sleeve for a translucent project folder. Just grab some dimension paint and fill in areas with stickles or glitter. Remember most dimension paints are not acid-free. So protect it was a layer of cardstock or place it away from pictures.

step four-
3. Fences look great in layouts. Make your own fence. This includes using one on your die-cut machine, but be sure to put a little time into it- add doddles or chalk the edges to give it definition. Here's a tutorial on hand-cutting your own fence.

SPECIFIC HANDMADES

1. Stamp on ribbon and include it on your page
2. Use clay. If you don't have clay make up some dryer lint cake
3. Alter or embellish a die-cut for your page like this and like this.

NEW FOR MARCH

step 4 - flowers
1. Circle Rose
2. May have this already
Crepe Paper Bloom
3. Folded Coffee filter flowers
4. Coming soon twine flowers
5. Grunge-up flowers using eyelets
6. 9 -layer swirlydoo flower
7. gesso flowers
8. Ballerina bloom made of tutle

step 4- handmade embellies
1. DIY Baker's Twine
2. use tissue and little sand to make immitate sand
3. add an interactive slider
4. cardboard shutters
5. add to the clays - eloborate clay designs
and faux stones from clay

step 4 crazes
1. add an umbrella
Here are examples of lacy umbrellas

2. doiley's are ever where and used in a lot of different ways
handmade doily

3. Tickets are every where but instead of buying one at the store make one suing these very simple steps. Be sure to embellish it with stickers, die-cuts, stamps, or paper-piecing to make it worth the 20 minutes!

4. Butterflies have ALWAYS been popular so let's honor them with a step to create one. You can use a stamp or die cut but you MUST add to it. May it layered add transparencies to the wings or even add stamps but go the extra mile to give it a little home-made quality. Check out the flying unicorn for some amazing inspiration. Feels free to print out one of the many samples I have stored on page ?? of the progressive challenge, but again make it hybrid a little computer and a little you- home-made.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

Sorry everyone I need to bow out.

I will try to play next time.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Bye DaNel! Thanks for playing with us!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

I'll give you 25 minutes until the next question! Next question at 9:20 pm!

Edited by Megan Ann on 03-31-12 05:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

• DaNel Hicks Said:
Sorry everyone I need to bow out.

I will try to play next time.

DaNell thanks for hangin' with us - next round is April 29

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Step 5. Find the TEAM that won that is located closest to where you were born. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.

Edited by Megan Ann on 03-31-12 05:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

I love my heat gun... stickles applied to background and ready to move on!!!

provinca
Governor
provinca

Boston Red Sox

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to provinca

STEP 5: Embellishments. ONE embellishment must be a button. Plus you must pick at least ONE other thing from the following list to embellish your page with. Feel free to add other and more.

1. embelly given to you (something you did not buy)
2. Newest consumable in your stash
3. Button
4. chipboard or cereal box transformed into chipboard

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Step 6. What team was founded or joined the year you were born? Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Megan Ann

New York - New York Mets

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to provinca

STEP 6: Title Time with a Twist. Use ONE of the following:

1. Place your title on a square or squares
2. Kissing technique
3. Place the title inside a shaker box. Shaker Box Tutorial
4. Title on paper scrolls. Here's an example.

NEW FOR MARCH

1. You would take a word especially a name and for each letter you come up with a word to describe it. So if I did my son I would have the letters DALTON on the page. I would write

D- dynamic
A- attractive
L- lovable
T- talented
O- occasionally ornery
N- nimble

2. sew the title

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Step 7.Find the TEAM that won that is located closest to where you currently live. Also, tell me by city what team…that’s how my list reads – by city.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Washington Nationals

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

STEP 7: Use ONE of the following journaling/stitching/dood ling ideas:

DOODLING:
1. Doodle a flower or flourish. Here's some examples

STITCHING
1. Add beads to your stitching. Here's a cool example.
2. Use a blanket stitch real, stamped, or doodled with thread, floss, ribbon, cord, or twine We R Memory Keepers - Sew Stamper - Stamper Attachment Head - Blanket Stitch
3. find an area to do net stitching

JOURNALING
1. Create a word cloud (similar to www.wordle.net) where each word in your journaling is a different size, at a different angle, in a different font, in a random pattern, etc.
2. journal on a tag and find a place (even tucked a little under something)
3. rainbow shadowed journaling- journal in one color and trace over/rewrite in a different color

NEW FOR MARCH

JOURNALING
1. add video clips in place of journaling
Video Clips for journaling
2. Journal in a shape. Outline the shape but also add some words to the outline part. Here's an example
3. Interactive flap like the All Ears layout
Flap
4. add a tag but include an interactive flap here's a sample
5. add an interactive song.
step one: go to www.playlist.com/
step two: find a song that is appropriate for your page
step three: copy the url
step four: got to http://goqr.me/
step five: select the url tab and paste the code
step six: print the QR code and add it to your layout
now this code can be scanned by a smart phone and the song will play with the page

SEWING
1. embroider a design like this
beetle

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

Still back here finishing up step 3.... I have to prepare other parts to get this step done soooooo

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

That is the final step!!! I don't know if anyone is still with me, but Kayla has been bugging me to go to Waffle House with her for the last hour & a half, so I am going to go now!

I will be back later

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to Megan Ann

I'm still here. Got it done, but will post tomorrow. Lighting is awful.

Thanks ladies!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

Thanks Megan enjoy waffle house. I'm beat but I'll be done if teh am but I'm cranking so I may not stop

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Again still working ...but son needs power cord so I'm switching to cell

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

I'm at step 4 thinking I'll crumble a daisy and add gears for the center embellishment and I have some clay embellies in a baggie ready to go for this project

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Drinking coffee, reading blogs, not yet motivated. So far I'm loving where this project is going.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

Just checking in. I can't wait to see the finished layouts.

Last night I tried but I had been so busy during the day that I just about fell asleep sitting here.

I feel much better this morning.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Sorry ladies, had hubby time and ended up at friends to play cards. I will try to find time to work this in today.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Megan Ann

There's No Place Like Home after By Tinadn
I am going to lift this one.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

And I finally got DH and DS3 out of the house for a bit...let the games begin:)

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to tinadn

WOO HOO!! I finally got some free time! Kayla AND Aslan are sleeping, so I'm going to scrap!

Off to find a LO to lift!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Megan Ann

Wow, I've been trying to get back on to this site for 3 hours-kept freezing up. I could get into my emails, google, FB, but not here or the links posted in each step. Frustrating, but maybe I will find time to finish later today.

provinca
Governor
provinca
In response to tinadn

Just remembered I hadn't posted my LO!

6 By Provinca

1 - scraplift
2 - faux candy
3 - weave
4 - butterfly and ticket
5 - button and something given to me - the green yarn flower
6 - title on square -- title is "6"
7 - journal on a tag

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

Glad you remembered. I like the late scrap ' cause we can slowly work through the layout the next day

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

finally got the computer to cooperate
Dance or ride? By Tinadn
1 lift
2 rip paper
3 strips as mat
4 handmade grunge flower and ticket
5 button and LOVE given to me
6 stitched title
7 doodled flourish

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to tinadn

Well....I ended up taking a nap WITH Kayla and Aslan! I still am hoping to get this done tonight. K is cooking dinner and I am feeling kinda nauseous, but I think it is bc I am hungry. I haven't eaten since 12 pm this afternoon! See you later

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to tinadn

Popped in to see step 6. I finally made it here. I am determined to finish this one despite the obsticals.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

March Progressive round 1

Layout 1:
Halloween 2002 By Provinca
1 - sketch no. 100
2 - faux candy
3 - paper roll
4 - stick pin
5 - oldest consumable -- green bracket and "smile"
6 - ribbon on title
7 - tag made from scraps -- upper right

layout 2:
Find JOY in the little things By Tinadn
1 Color room 104
2 patterned paper shape bg
3 scallop edge
4 flag
5 Old item-red nail head=cherry in drink
6 doodle title
7 stitching

Layout 3~~ Rookie Honors:
zoe By Teresakay

1. Sketch #94
2.stamped background
3. photo in shape of a circle
4. sunflower..I didn't have the flower die in the tutorial but I use mine and followed the tutorial
5.sticker - the quote is a sticker
6.add ribbon t0 the title
7.made a tag from scraps

March Progressive Round 2

Layout 1:
6 By Provinca
1 - scraplift
2 - faux candy
3 - weave
4 - butterfly and ticket
5 - button and something given to me - the green yarn flower
6 - title on square -- title is "6"