Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: October Budget Challenge        (Topic#1581229)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Welcome to the October BUDGET Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...) We have plenty of enabling going on

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of October that you would like to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

I have removed a twist as a requirement but you can still indicate one if you so choose.

Another change this month - each person is going to keep track of their own spending and purchases - I would suggest let me know your budget and wish list - I will keep add that to the front page - then each time you spend something - you copy your total and substract to give what's left.

Tammy
BUDGET: $100
WISH LIST: Stamp Set for Thanksgiving cards, Halloween Card items, Organizers for my dies

Pat
BUDGET: tbd post Italy
WISH LIST:

Katie - personal
BUDGET:
WISH LIST:

Katie - community ed
BUDGET:
WISH LIST:

Lesley
Budget: $100
Items: paper/cardstock for holiday cards, Fancy Pants hopscotch collection, 3 ring album (will buy when on sale at hobby lobby)

Sonja
Budget: $80 + $50 Expo
Wishlist: Doodlebug 'Snips & Snails', Simple Stories 'Take a Hike', Sew Easy 'Star' and 'Loop' attachment, SOD paper/embellies, chipboard, Faber-Castel Gelatos, $1 bin must haves at Expo, Pink Paislee 'Artisan collection' stars, arrows, family words and flowers, decorative tapes, Prima word embellies, Prima Soubrette blue and orange sets,
Twist: NO Cricut Carts!! No more baby papers!

Tina
BUDGET: $50
WISH LIST: Impulse

Courtney
Budget: $50
Wishlist: SOME HC stamps LOL, Websters Pages Royal Christmas

Kelly
Wish: SU Everything Eleanor, SU Fine Feathers, SU Language of Friendship, SU Open Sea, SU Bird Punch, SU Boho Blossoms Punch, Kaisercraft Sears & Son PP, White Signo pen, Prima Resin Fairies, Prima Typo Bulbs, TH Odds & Ends Stamp set,maybe some HF creations stamps and dies
Twist: flowers, leaves, bling, ribbon, buttons, embellishments other than what is listed above

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 10-04-12 11:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Tammy

This looks like it will work better for whomever is hosting. :-)

I'm going to set a budget when I get back from Italy. I won't be spending anything between now and then anyway, and I'll have to check how much money I have left after I'm done being a tourist!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Yay for a new month to blow my budget! I'm going to have 2 budgets, one for personal use and one for my community ed classes. What will be the best way to track this?

Tammy, I like the changes you did this month.

Pat, where will you be going in Italy? I was study abroad there in 2006.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to kdinsmore

Ok, I need this. Question: Does $ for crop fees count? What about photo processing?

Items: paper/cardstock for holiday cards, Fancy Pants hopscotch collection, 3 ring album (will buy when on sale at hobby lobby)

Edited by LesleyC on 09-30-12 06:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to LesleyC

Well we all know I'm back in! My budget will be tough this month tho... I have Expo in two weeks, a crop and two classes this month (already paid for)! Hummmm....

Budget: $80-10=$70-10=$60 + $50 Expo
Wishlist: Doodlebug 'Snips & Snails', Simple Stories 'Take a Hike', Sew Easy 'Star' and 'Loop' attachment, SOD paper/embellies, chipboard, Faber-Castel Gelatos, $1 bin must haves at Expo, Pink Paislee 'Artisan collection' stars, arrows, family words and flowers, decorative tapes, Prima word embellies, Prima Soubrette blue and orange sets,

Edited by SonjaC on 10-12-12 02:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Yay Lesley! Welcome to our group! I won't answer for everyone, but we don't count printing for photos since we wouldn't have pages w/o those photos! As for crop fees, if I recall, that's up to you, but I think most of us count them???

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to kdinsmore

• kdinsmore Said:

Um...

Florence, Arezzo, Piza, Cinque Terra, Milan, Venice

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Hi ladies I am back for this too.
I will stick with a $50 budget for impulse buys.
I don't need a thing.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

I am going to be really conservative this month....vacation in November so I have to be disciplined...

That is it!! i need nothing else!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to newtoscrapping2011

what Courtney - not Nutcracker Suite??

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Hi Lesley my friend - welcome! we do not count photo processing and most of do not count adhesives. Most people do count crop fees but that is up to you. Some are more rigid with their spending then others!.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

OK, whew! Glad we don't have to report photo processing. And I realized I paid for my October crop in September, so I'm good there.

I spent $35 of my $100, lol. At Hobby Lobby:
-blank holiday cards and envelopes - $6.00 for 50 cards and envelopes
-blank tags (I use these for journaling) - $1 for 15 large and $1 for 20 medium
-Tim Holtz walnut stain, pumice stone and faded jeans inks - 30% off.

I think paper packs will be 50% off at HL next week (sad that I have their sale schedule memorized, lol!), so that would make it $10.

I really don't want anything else, and really need to be conservative as I spent WAY too much scrap money last month. I should really save the majority of my funds for October 26 - Lisa and I are cropping again at a great LSS, and I can get things there that I can't get anywhere else.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to LesleyC

I'm in again. I'm leaving on vacation the 13th, so I really shouldn't spend a dime, but you know I won't be able to resist. I'll be back with a budget and wishlist.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • kdinsmore Said:

Um...

Florence, Arezzo, Piza, Cinque Terra, Milan, Venice

Ack! I lived in Florence and visited Piza and Cinque Terra. CT was my favorite place, as it was so sunny and warm. I got such a horrid sunburn and went into the ocean for the 1st time in my life. It is so beautiful there too. So jealous and happy for you.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

• newtoscrapping2011 Said:
I am going to be really conservative this month....vacation in November so I have to be disciplined...

I must admit, Courtney, I snorted a little when I read your budget for this month... FIFTY?! That's IT?!

I'm sorry I should be more supportive... YOU can DO it!!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
what Courtney - not Nutcracker Suite??

LOL I already have nutcracker suite Tammy...i think i got that in one of my splurges last month LOL...

Ok so you I spent $35 last night when I went to visit Kelly LOL...I did get the Websters Pages Christmas and I just had to have Teresa Collins Christmas because it was beautiful...I also got embellies and chippies for both collections....Can I hold out on HC....probably not but Im going to try LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:

I must admit, Courtney, I snorted a little when I read your budget for this month... FIFTY?! That's IT?!

I'm sorry I should be more supportive... YOU can DO it!!!

Lmao you are so lucky i heart you...I must admit even I snorted a little when I posted it LOL

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

so here is how I am keeping track - each time I spend money - I will mark it off and strike off my wishlist - I copied from the first post

Tammy
BUDGET: $100-$55=$45
WISH LIST: Stamp Set for Thanksgiving cards, Halloween Card items, Organizers for my dies

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 10-02-12 11:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

so if i dont strike it out that means i havent spent it right hehehehe...i will work on this later LOL

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

LMAO Courtney!! You're lucky I heart you too or I'd really pick on you for that spend... That Websters collection is B.E.A.Utiful! I will resist!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

ughhh and now she just posted this beautiful heritage kit!! i really want it lol...but it will bust me....she only has 6 in stock...what to do what to do...for now I'm behaving LOL

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
so here is how I am keeping track - each time I spend money - I will mark it off and strike off my wishlist - I copied from the first post

Tammy
BUDGET: $100-$55=$45

Following Tammy's lead:

Budget: $100-35=$65

-Lesley

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

ok ok..i will be good and update my spending LOL...I havent hit the button on the heritage page kit yet....im really trying to hold out!!

Courtney
Budget: $50-$35=$15

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

maybe if you have to do it yourself you'll think twice about the impulse buying lol

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Thanks for the 2 budgets! So tired from work today. I'll figure out the community education budget as soon as I get a head count on classes. Person budget is tbd.

A HL will be opening up in Duluth in early 2013. So excited!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to kdinsmore

Be still my heart! I just saw this carta Bella collection on the home page. I am swooning!!

Products Referenced in This Post:

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to LesleyC

Yes, I also have all the new farmhouse papers making me drool!! ughhh LOL what was I thinking...Although I havent had a chance to craft at all in what seems like forever....so i really do not need anything...I should really be working on christmas cards....and lord knows I have enough christmas paper to send to every house in the US lol

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

umm and maybe one to the UK?

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Wish: SU Everything Eleanor, SU Fine Feathers, SU Language of Friendship, SU Open Sea, SU Bird Punch, SU Boho Blossoms Punch, Kaisercraft Sears & Son PP, White Signo pen, Prima Resin Fairies, Prima Typo Bulbs, TH Odds & Ends Stamp set,maybe some HF creations stamps and dies

Twist: flowers, leaves, bling, ribbon, buttons, embellishments other than what is listed above

I honestly need none of it but the pen, so maybe I can resist until I no longer want any of it? We'll see...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

the Boho Blossoms Punch and Bird Punch are on my wish list too!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Tammy, I've been lusting over that bird punch for at least 6 months, so it's not likely I'll get over it.

How is your hand? Are you ok? do you need stitches?

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Kamananui

Can we change our list during the month?

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
umm and maybe one to the UK?

Maybe!! How is your hand?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

I've got some coupons burning a hole in my pocket...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

go put that fire out Tina!

what do you mean by "change" Lesley - did you forget something? I am pretty easy - but yes if something big comes up or you forgot something but if it just to go over for the sake of going over - nope!

Kelly - the hand is surprisingly good today - I had it wrapped tightly last night and there was only a bit of blood on the gauze this morning. Nothing today and it has sealed well - no pain and so far no sign of infection.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

since I have permission...on my way...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

honey no one ever needs MY permission to go buy scrappy stuff!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

• Ladybing Tammy Said:

what do you mean by "change" Lesley - did you forget something? I am pretty easy - but yes if something big comes up or you forgot something but if it just to go over for the sake of going over - nope!

I wanted to change my wish list to replace FP Hopscotch with Carta Bella Traditions. It's less expensive, for one thing.

I have been digging in my stash more. And I got creative today. I needed leopard print paper to die cut in my Cameo, but didn't want to go to Js or HL for one piece of paper, because we all know how that turns out. SOOOO, I did a search for a leopard print on line, intersected it with the shape I'm cutting, and will just make it a print and cut. I swear, my Cameo replaces so many scrappy things.

And I would like to add a twist to mine: no Thickers. No looking for $1.49 Thickers at TJ Maxx or Big Lots. I have plenty, and then I hoard them because I'm afraid to be short a letter on a page. I'm running out of storage for them.

I'm so serious about this that I will double my deduction for any package of Thickers I buy.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to LesleyC

oh well yeah that is never a problem - add as many things or subtract as you wish

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Tina
BUDGET: $50-9=41

I didn't get much for myself just paper and stickers. A few gifts for my son's gf.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

I like this idea of keeping track ourselves. I was bad about going back to the front page to see how I was doing. NOw I have to and I am more aware of my spending:)

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tinadn

Yeah I am glad it has that effect as well as making it easier for whomever hosts moving forward. I felt we were getting a bit lax about our budgets and Christmas is coming!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Budget: $100-$4=$96-$51=$45

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

dang those pens are so expensive aren't they!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Kelly, I love my white signo pen. Don't use it often enough though.

big news ladies! My 10 community ed classes were published in the town newspaper yesterday! Took up most of the full page spread!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

woohoo go Katie!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore

Thanks Tammy! DH and I just finished making crock pot chili and I saw a little deer sitting in the back yard. DH went out and snapped some pics of the little one before it scampered away. He was 10' away from it. It was so cute! Never had a deer in my yard before. Total city girl moment there.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to kdinsmore

Hi, Everybody!

I see that some of you have HC on your wish lists this month. The new release comes out on Wednesday. Y'all gonna krap a brick.

I've been keeping up with my HC duties but other than that... I'm preoccupied with work and cooking and training these days. The half marathon is just around the corner in November! I hope to get a good picture this year.

Katie, that's really cute about the deer! I made a crock pot chicken taco chili back in July that needs an encore.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Getting a chance to check in finally!

Lesley - I think you've got the gist of this pretty well! LOL I admit, I giggled at your Thickers comment... we were just talking about that last month about finding deals at TJ Maxx, Ross or Marshalls! (And I have the same fear of using my THickers too... )

Katie - WOoohooo!!! Nearly a full page, that's awesome! And how cute about the deer! Yeah, I'd have gone all city-girl on that too...

Okay I need a new white pen... is this Signo pen thin tipped or thick?

Alissa - [email protected] a brick... And SHAME on you for tempting Courtney! She only has $50 for this month!

All I have is this to say: ONE WEEK TILL EXPO!!!!!!!!

I have not spent... oh wait... beans! I did spend $9.99 on the Peachy deal a few days ago... was 5 packs of BG brads - been wanting those forever! Total impulse purchase too!
Going back to update my first post...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Okay, I'm up to date!

My mom arrived on Wednesday so we've been enjoying her company. She's loving her time with Carlo and marvelling over how big he's gotten! I go back to work on Thursday so we're trying to get him back used to taking bottles during the days. He is not enjoying this transition! (Since DH's surgery, he hadn't had a bottle cuz I just didn't want to do the bottle and then pump - really, I work all day to produce milk, why not use it, right? LOL)

Anywho, It's nearly 11 and I need to crash! Hugs to you all and hope to cu soon!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

love my white pen!!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to tinadn

Well, I saw the coveted Hopscotch in person. Hobby Lobby had 50% off all paper this week, and they have taken a lot of the current "designer" collections and put them in a $19.99 paper pack. So when they are on sale, they are $9.99. Anyway, I wasn't impressed. So I saved myself there, but I did get a $2.99 Hobby Lobby scrapbook magazine. I'll count that -- $65-$3=$62 left for the month.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to LesleyC

OK....I only have like $15 left in my budget and those new HC are coming out...plus Scraputante just got Farmhouse paper....lets not forget to mention that she is having a warehouse sale this Saturday $1 or LESS!!! the online deal will be sunday I can't go saturday so hoping its a good deal on sunday...Im bound to bust this month...

Although, I was battling a toothache and finally got it pulled today....and well, I really shouldn't spend any more money!!! I have a filling i need in 2 weeks too...I hate teeth!! LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Tammy, yes, those pens are expensive!

Courtney, I've been craving some of that Farmhouse paper. Sadly my entire upstairs A/C unit decided to [email protected] out, so I have no business spending any money. Why does this stuff always happen before vacation??

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

it is the law Kelly!

Poor Courtney can you spell BUST!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

LMAO tammy...im really good at spelling BUST!! lol..im going to try and be really good though I havent had a moment to shop!!

Kelly, so sorry to hear about your AC unit...that really stinks! we turned our heat on this weekend for the first time...im just not ready for the cold...maybe i go stay with Kelly for a bit LOL OH how dangerous would that be.

Sonja, how is your DH doing? Glad your mom came to visit and lend a hand....hugs

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Hi ladies, sorry I'm not here much, not feeling the best the last few days. 5 days left of radiation.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Tina, hang in there. You are just about done. :hugs:

Courtney, come on over. We'll sip margaritas poolside and crop until we drop. Then we'll shop.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

Tina...hugs and good vibes..you are almost done!! keep us posted we miss you but totally understand.

Kelly....now that sounds like the perfect day LOL!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

well.....color me busted!!! I bought the whole collection of the heartfelt creations new realease Plus a couple of other stamps from them I have been coveting.

Courtney
Budget: $50-$35=$15-$131=BUSTED!!!!!!Wishlist: SOME HC stamps LOL, Websters Pages Royal Christmas

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

that's our girl Courtney.

Tina - hang in there dear friend - we are all thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts - it will soon be over - just keep thinking how far you've come.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

LMAOOO Tammy, I couldnt resist!!! I had to have it all...

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

I purposefully didn't look Courtney but now of course you have me so curious I have to go check it out.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

well.....color me busted!!! I bought the whole collection of the heartfelt creations new realease Plus a couple of other stamps from them I have been coveting.

Courtney
Budget: $50-$35=$15-$131=BUSTED!!!!!!Wishlist: SOME HC stamps LOL, Websters Pages Royal Christmas

I tried to warn y'all!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to runzalot81

thanks ladies, I know I am sick when dh asked today if a shopping spree at some sb stores would make me feel better and i said no keep driving:(

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
thanks ladies, I know I am sick when dh asked today if a shopping spree at some sb stores would make me feel better and i said no keep driving:(

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:

Tina, hugs! I didn't know you were going through that. Hang in there, sweetie. (And what an awesome hubby.)

I got sucked into a Scrapbook Steal -- the Lilybee Handmade collection. It wasn't much of a steal once they added shipping in, but it was still cheaper than I would have paid for it elsewhere.

So 100-35-3-25=37,p left (yikes) and I still want to get my 3 ring binder, Carta Bella...and something else. I must say, though, that this is really helping to keep me honest. Normally I have spent $200 by this point in the month.

And still no Thickers.
Products Referenced in This Post:

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to LesleyC

LMAOOO Alissa you did try and warn us....and I failed miserably at my will power LOL but hey what else is new LOL

Tina....hugs to you girl...and your hubby is a sweetie for offering to take you sb shopping!

Lesley...this really does help curb your spending...until you become known as Ms. bustarooney like me LOL they actually laugh at the budgets i set LOL...

The good news is I will be unable to visit the live warehouse sale at scraputante, but she is having an online sale on sunday....so im sure I will be going deeper in the hole!!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I so want to shop, but I'm leaving for Florida on Saturday so it's pointless, right? I love the new HFC release and the last one. I will eventually own those flowers and dies, yes I will. I love making my own flowers. Of course I also own about 3000 purchased flowers. I need to use some of those suckers up. I prefer making custom flowers for my LOs so my other stuff doesn't get used. Maybe if I stop buying flower dies and get bored with the ones I have I'll actually use my Primas. Or not...

Tina, what a good husband you have. I bet he'll give you a rain check when you feel better.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

Tina - big hugs - you have come so far and we are travelling the road with you - we are here when you need us.

Courtney my dear sweet busty girlfriend (lol) we do not laugh at you, we laugh with you and we applaud you when you are a good girl!

Yes Alissa you warned us. It seems there are some Heartfelt Creations stockists (as they are called here in the UK) not so far from me so I really need to be careful but I LOVE that one with the wagon and the pumpkins!

Kelly honey why don't you sell some of your premade stuff to help you pay for the dies to make your own?

Lesley - so glad it is helping you at least be conscious of what you are spending - that is the main point.

Sonja how is Juan doing?

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to LesleyC

(

So 100-35-3-25=37-7=30
And still no Thickers.

I went to archivers to get the Carta Bella, and they didn't have it. So I got four pieces from the new dear Lizzy 5th and frolic and matching fabric stickers. I had a coupon, so it was $7 for all of that.

It's bad when the archivers girl says, "Wow. That's gotta be the cheapest you've ever gotten out of here!"

I had to tear myself away from orange corrugated Thickers.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to LesleyC

I'm BAAAAAAACK!! (Back to work that is...)

Hang in there Tina, you're almost there!! We're here for you whenever you need a little lift (or need to shop vicariously)! And what a sweetie your DH is to offer! I'm sure he'll raincheck you for a day you're feeling better!!

Kelly, that sounds fabulous!!!! Is this a private party or can I join too? And on the Prima note, why don't you come join the Hoarders Challenge and actually USE those!!

Courtney, that didn't take long! Miss Bustarooney... LMAO!!!! Yep, that's you! And we support your budgets 110%, we just know better!

Lesley, It totally helps to see what you spend each month, doesn't it!? You're doing pretty good for a firsttimer here, and don't worry, unless you bust on Day 1 (cough Alissa cough cough) Courtney or I will normally beat you to the bustline! GREAT deal you got at A's! Yeah, that's pretty bad that the sales girl knows you and your purchase history... but it makes for a cute story for the rest of us compulsive shoppers! (I admit, I giggled)

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Okay, now I'm up on chatter... BRB to catch u all up on my life...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Sonja!!!! I have missed you...but probably not even half as much as you are missing dear little Carlo...

I know you girls are the bestest and you may scoff at my budget LOL but Tammy is right you are laughing WITH me!! LOL

We booked our rental car for Disney...and in the next 2 weeks we will be buying our Annual Passes...then we just have to pay for food and we are good to go!! I am so ready for our vacation...4 weeks from tomorrow

Heres a question I have for you ladies....we go to disney all the time...and we always take a bizzillion pictures...but looking back they are all the same photos...any idea how I could take unique photos even though we go every year?? thanks im sure you will all have great ideas!!

Lesley....Courtney, queen enabler here LOL, Scraputante has Carta Bella Papers, and they are having an online warehouse sale on Sunday LOL....Just sayin LOL

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Courtney - focus on specific thing and that thing only like all the topiaries you can find or all the hidden Mickey's in one specific land or everything related to one character or one movie or just statues

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 10-12-12 11:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Aww, thanks Courtney! I've missed being on here during the days, it's my brand of therapy! LOL

Yeah, I'm missing Carlo, but he's giving my mom and DH a good time... apparently he objects to mommy leaving him all day!

Hubby is good, thanks for asking! He's still off this week, but goes back on Monday probably for half a day. Still on liquids only, but that's getting mildly better - we just have to keep him away from the temptations. He's got a weakness for french baguette bread and asiago cheese...

As for me, work is going alright, but I'm only 2 days in. It helps having my mom there! And since we're on a tight budget I really haven't been shopping much for scrappy stuff. (I don't have the time to use it anyway!) I did find a pack of American Craft Seasons ribbons for $9.99 at Home Goods tho so... $70-10=$60 + $50 Expo

Speaking of busting... I'm pretty sure I'm gonna bust this weekend - IT'S EXPO TIME!!!!!

Stay tuned for the level of bustness... LOL!
Hope everyone's doing well!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to SonjaC

Oh girls, how you do make me giggle.

And Tammy, if I sell my flowers than I won't have them. I just need to start scrapping my behind off. I have too much behind anyway. It won't hurt to lose a bit of it.

And Courtney, I like Tammy's idea of the themed photos. We go to WDW a lot. I'm so sad we aren't going next week, but hubby really wants Universal this time. Next time I go though, I'm totally doing the hidden Mickey photos and then I'll hide a Mickey in my LO.

Lesley is doing pretty good for a newbie. Yay Leslie. I'm pretty sure I busted my first six months.

Ok ladies, we are leaving for the airport at the crack of dawn. I need to finish laundry, pack, and write down instructions for the house/dog sitter.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to Kamananui

Thanks for the love! I'm kind of not in the mood to shop for anything. Michaels has adhesive for 40% off, so it would be a good time to stock up on that...esp.since I don't have to "count" it.

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to LesleyC

I still have no budget and haven't spent a dime. The non-existent budget is safe until Duluth or the cities. DH said ladies at work are interested in the com ed classes but no bites yet. I do love ready about y-all busting! Please do some shopping for me, okay? The M's app is very tempting...

DH is impatiently waiting for his rifle and debating about which scope to get. We have a you spend $ on your hobby, I get the same on mine. He's thinking about adding the $ for my 2 rooms onto his hobby budget. I'm debating with him on this one? Got any ammo (no pun intended) for me to use ladies?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

have fun Kelly!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC

Sonja-have fun at expo! I only found stuff at Dollarscrapbooking.net and the SEI booth. I think I sent $65 total but I got a TON.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to LesleyC

okay I am thinking I NEED the Heartfelt Creation Pumpkin Patch dies and stamps - I haven't felt like I NEEDED anything in a long time.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

Hi ladies, thanks for all your support. Last week was a hard one. Only 2 days of treatments left and I hope things turn around soon.
I did spend $2 on leaves at Michaels.

I got an email yesterday that the closest lss to me is closing at the end of the month. Makes me so sad. Everything is 40% off. I have two coupons that I paid $10 each for and get $20 of product. I hope I can get there and use them. It is 30 miles from here.

I am behind here and need to get acu:)

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Tina
BUDGET: $50-9=41-2=39

I didn't get much for myself just paper and stickers. A few gifts for my son's gf.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

Sonja, Glad DH is doing much better!! and glad you are surviving going back to work...good for you being good and not spending money but I must admit I am lonely here in bustville...hope you have a great time at Expo.

Tammy...I have all of those stamps from HC and they are gorgeous!!! As for the hidden mickey photos I am absolutely in love with this idea....will be a blast!!!! Thank you so much for the idea!

Kelly..i have heard good things about Universal..we contemplated heading there for a couple days while we are down there but i think we are going to stick to Disney this time...we are hoping to get to California next year...

My girls day was so so much fun and we had a blast!! I didn't spend any scrappy money LOL...tomorrow for Scraputante's online sale....well I'm gonna probably go further into bustville.

Tina...hope you are feeling well enough to head to the LSS and get some shopping done!!

Well I'm off for nap time!!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Hi ladies, thanks for all your support. Last week was a hard one. Only 2 days of treatments left and I hope things turn around soon.
I did spend $2 on leaves at Michaels.

I got an email yesterday that the closest lss to me is closing at the end of the month. Makes me so sad. Everything is 40% off. I have two coupons that I paid $10 each for and get $20 of product. I hope I can get there and use them. It is 30 miles from here.

I am behind here and need to get acu:)

Tina-bummer about the LSS. It's amazig to me that some survive and some don't. There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to it! The one that Lisa (dancinirish) and I crop at is fabulous, and I would be so sad if they closed down.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to LesleyC

Tina - hang in there - just 2 more!

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to SonjaC

Thickers are 40% off at Michaels.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to LesleyC

LOL Lesley..I thought you when I saw that...

I just got Ladies Diary Paper, and Happy Haunting paper from Scraputante for 25 cents!!! ughhh I went and spend $50 but got alot of great stuff!! and about 200 pieces of paper LOL...how can you way away from those prices?? i couldn't!! LOL

Getting ready for my Origami Owl party....if you ladies haven't seen these lockets, they are like wearable scrapbooks!! so so cool....If you want to order for my party let me know I will send you the info...you can order online and have it shipped right to you

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Courtney, I'll just bet you hope I had a 'great' time at Expo! But you're right, I did! And I'm officially in Bustville with ya!

OOOHH! Ladies... I busted, I'm proud to admit it because I didn't bust as bad as I usually do at Expo! (Helps to be in workshops all day!) I only went over by about $20, which is SOOO good for me! Got looooots of goodies including one of those tape/glue gun thingies everyone is so big on. I kept saying no no I don't need one, but with an infant and limited scrappy time, I need all the extra 'speedy' assistance I can get! So I caved. Also got two Sizzix rosette dies for $20!!

Lesley, I actually took a workshop from one of the gals who works there on Creative Photography. AWEsome workshop!! Not sure if you're a Prima fan (I am a card-carrying member of the Prima Junkie Club personally), but the best deals I got was in the first hour of opening at the Expo the Prima Closeouts booth was an additional 50% off the already reduced prices. If you bought 8 or more items, you got even more of a discount! I got 10 fun goodies for $18 total! Of course you have to be there in the first hour, which is what we did. Made a beeline to the booth as soon as we got in! LOL

Will have to update my list later, though I realized I didn't get as much from my list as I'd planned... Oh well, I'm happy with what I got!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

LOL Lesley! I saw J's has MS punches 40% off too...

Hang in there Tina!! And that's a bummer about the LSS!

Katie, that seems fair to me! But good for you for not spending!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Okay, I did better than I thought I did...

Budget: $80-10=$70-10=$60 + $50 Expo BUST!

Edited by SonjaC on 10-15-12 01:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Courtney, I'll just bet you hope I had a 'great' time at Expo! But you're right, I did! And I'm officially in Bustville with ya!

OOOHH! Ladies... I busted, I'm proud to admit it because I didn't bust as bad as I usually do at Expo! (Helps to be in workshops all day!) I only went over by about $20, which is SOOO good for me! Got looooots of goodies including one of those tape/glue gun thingies everyone is so big on. I kept saying no no I don't need one, but with an infant and limited scrappy time, I need all the extra 'speedy' assistance I can get! So I caved. Also got two Sizzix rosette dies for $20!!

Lesley, I actually took a workshop from one of the gals who works there on Creative Photography. AWEsome workshop!! Not sure if you're a Prima fan (I am a card-carrying member of the Prima Junkie Club personally), but the best deals I got was in the first hour of opening at the Expo the Prima Closeouts booth was an additional 50% off the already reduced prices. If you bought 8 or more items, you got even more of a discount! I got 10 fun goodies for $18 total! Of course you have to be there in the first hour, which is what we did. Made a beeline to the booth as soon as we got in! LOL

Will have to update my list later, though I realized I didn't get as much from my list as I'd planned... Oh well, I'm happy with what I got!

DANG! That's a great deal. I have the feeling I'd be even more hoard-y with Prima flowers than I am with Thickers, so I don't buy them. The closest I get are the Paper Studio flowers from Hobby Lobby when those are 50% off. I was going to get some of that 25c MME paper (I'm sure that booth was at Expo), but the line was SOOOO long.

Lesley
Items: paper/cardstock for holiday cards, Carta Bella Traditions (changed from FP Hopscotch), 3 ring album (will buy when on sale at hobby lobby)

I was at $30 the other day, and spent $12 and change (call it $13) at Hobby Lobby today. Album was on sale for $9.99, and I got two sets of MME stickers to match some OLD paper collections I have.

I actually put items back on the shelf because I said, "I'm not going to bust this early in the month my first time in this challenge!".

No Thickers!

Edited by LesleyC on 10-15-12 03:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LesleyC
Mayor
LesleyC
In response to LesleyC

OMG, stop the presses! I just checked on my Scrapbook Steals purchase from last week (Lilybee handmade) and I guess it never went through! So I actually have $25 CREDIT!! $25 + $17 = $42!! It's like an embarrasment of scrappy riches, lol!!

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to LesleyC

I went to M's in Duluth. Was running behind schedule and spend $16 on stuff I'm probably going to return this weekend. I did good at the mall though and got clothes for myself instead.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to kdinsmore

doing a little dance
Today is my last treatment day!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

yayyyyyy for you TINA!!! I am doing the happy dance for you!!! good vibes headed your way!!

Sonja..I am a total Prima junkie and you got some amazing deals...they do not come to the east coast...we get expos but no prima LOL...they must not like us over here....You did really good but Im glad you busted so Im not lonely LMAO!!

Having a girls weekend this weekend for our birthday club....we bought Origami Owl lockets at my party for each of us...how cool is that..I can't wait to share with the other girls...now if I could just get them to scrapbook with me HAHAHAH

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh Tina that is wonderful news!!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

25-Cent MME papers, Lesley?!? What booth was that and more importantly how did I miss that one?! lol!

YAAAAY Tina!!! Sending good vibrations your way!

Courtney - Wait, you mean the Prima booth doesn't come to the east coast or the expo? Cuz I looked this particular expo company up and they have a show in New Jersey and in PA. Idk if the Prima closeout booth goes there tho... Lucky you getting a girls weekend!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Prima hates us on the east coast sonja...the expo comes here but no prima I even wrote them an email begging and pleading LOL

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics