Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: ##November Ugly Paper Challenge## Working our Magic        (Topic#1581971)
DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

Welcome to the Ugly Paper Challenge...

The object of this challenge is to make your mind work, thinking Outside the Box and using up papers in your stash you thought you would never use.

**PLEASE if you don't think you will finish, please do not join this month. It will take everyone doing their part.**

To sign up, Please PM me your name, screenname and mailing address BY 10/31 and you will be entered.

You then mail two UGLY 12x12 pieces of paper and one ugly embellishment BY 11/5 (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT) to the address given to you by me. Make your layout then post here BY 11/30.

I will then post a poll. If ten entries or less everyone will go in the poll, if more then ten entries you will pm me the top 5(don't vote for yourself, you get a vote for pming me.) You will also get 2 extra votes towards the poll if you use the embellishment sent to you. The winner will recieve a RAK from me.

Rules:
- Must use all or part of the two 12x12 papers supplied to you.
- Must be able to see both pieces on the layout.
- Must allow public embedding.
- No digital layouts due to the papers being used.
- Must send out your papers by 11/5 **YOU MUST DO THIS**
- Layouts must be uploaded here by 11/30 at midnight to qualify for the votes.
- One layout per person please.
- Must take a before picture of the papers and post on the thread.

NEW RULES:
You MUST check in at least once a week. (If you are on vacation just let me know ahead of time)
If you do not check in, your layout will not be allowed in the poll.

Also if you have not signed up by the 31st of the month you must WAIT until the following month. NO exceptions! (it is too hard to change everything after addresses have went out)

If you do not check in and/or post your layout you will NOT be allowed in the following month. (unless of course you have had a emergency or let us know you will be out of town)

From now on if you are participating in the current month you must have a completed layout before signing up for this month. If you are a brand new player please go ahead and sign up now.

Easiest way to mail these is to put them between cardboard and tape the edges or you could put them in a tube and mail them that way.

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I hope I made this clear enough.
.........Now let's get scrappin'..........

Note on embedding:

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Link/Embed Image' link in the 'Share & Link' box to the left of the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

Edited by DaNel Hicks on 11-14-12 09:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to DaNel Hicks

Players

1. [email protected]

Please allow public embedding so I can upload your Uglies to the front page
--------------------
2. AuntyT

November Uglies By AuntyT
Uglies

Baptism By AuntyT
Not so Uglies
---------------------
3. charcats7

November Ugly Papers By Charcats7
Uglies

---------------------
4. DaNel Hicks

November Ugly Papers By DaNel Hicks
Uglies

Cinco De Mayo Nov Ugly Papers page 1 By DaNel Hicks
Not so Uglies
--------------------
5. denielle.c.podraza

Nov Uglies By Denielle.c.podraza
Uglies

NOV Uglies and Page Maps Sketch Challenge-Gibson Wedding By Denielle.c.podraza
Not so Uglies

--------------------
6. GentlewoodFarms
--------------------
7. GMFTS

November Ugly papers By GMFTS
Uglies

What Ever! (November Ugly Paper challenge) By GMFTS
Not so Uglies
--------------------
8. jazzarina

November Ugly Paper Challenge By Jazzarina
Uglies

The Basin 2009 By Jazzarina
Not so Uglies
--------------------
9. justowen

November Ugly Paper By Justowen
Uglies

fun By Justowen
Not so Uglies at all
--------------------
10. laurak1

november uglies By Laurak1
Uglies

compliments guaranteed By Laurak1
Not so Uglies
--------------------
11. Lookin4newideas

November Ugly papers By Lookin4newideas
Uglies

*Nancy's clan By Lookin4newideas
Not so Uglies
--------------------
12. Marcilb

Ugly Papers for Nov Challenge Same Name! By Marcilb
Uglies

Scrapping the Night Away (Ugly Paper Challenge!) By Marcilb
Not so Uglies
--------------------
13. MissaOnTheRun

November Uglies By MissaOnTheRun
Uglies

A Girl and her Wheels By MissaOnTheRun
Not so Uglies
--------------------
14. MrsCDJ

Nov 2012 Uglies By MrsCDJ
Uglies
--------------------
15. Nannyfeb

Ugly paper November challenge Same name!! By Nannyfeb

Uglies

A visit with Gummy & Pop Pop (Ugly Paper challenge) By Nannyfeb
Not so Uglies
--------------------
16. NMscrapper

November Ugly Papers By NMscrapper
Uglies

Snow Wonder By NMscrapper
Not so Uglies
-----------------
17. Pam in TX
October Uglies

October uglies By Pam In TX
Uglies

Hooked By Pam In TX
Not so Uglies
-----------------
18. sasload4

November UGLY papers By Sasload4
Uglies

THE GIDDY UP GIRLS By Sasload4
Not so Uglies
--------------------
19. wapygirl

November Ugly Paper By Wapygirl
Uglies

Kindergarten 1988 By Wapygirl
Not so Uglies
--------------------
20. YourScrapAttack

nov ugly By YourScrapAttack
Uglies

love By YourScrapAttack
Not so Uglies

Edited by DaNel Hicks on 12-01-12 10:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-23-12 06:48 AM

Every month I say - don't do it...and every month I say GO for it!

So please let me play.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to GMFTS

I can't believe it's already that time again ... well since I do have papers picked and since my DS's helped pick the embellie I guess I should sign up!

laurak1
Idol
laurak1
In response to MrsCDJ

Of course I want to play again. I wouldn't know what to do with myself without this challenge.

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to laurak1

Sign me up too!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to AuntyT

I'm in again, too!

YourScrapAttack
Diva
YourScrapAttack
In response to NMscrapper

id like in plz.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to YourScrapAttack

You know I'm in again!!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to sasload4

me too please

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to charcats7

I'm in..

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Lookin4newideas

oh...ok....well...no...oh..yes....yes--sign me up!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to MarciLB

I can't play this month, BUT I KNOW YOU ALL NEED ME TO CHECK IN!!!! AFTER ALL I AM STILL THE ONLY ANGEL IN HERE!!! SEE...

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to debby_westbrook

• debby_westbrook Said:
I can't play this month, BUT I KNOW YOU ALL NEED ME TO CHECK IN!!!! AFTER ALL I AM STILL THE ONLY ANGEL IN HERE!!! SEE...

And here I was thinking we were going to be purely devilish around here!

Nannyfeb
Guru
Nannyfeb

Oh ok I will give it a try---- It really looks like fun--- SO yup I am in!!!!!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to Nannyfeb

YAY, Debby's here to watch over us! HI, DEBBY!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

HI!! Love the picture of you Carol!!!

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to Nannyfeb

• Nannyfeb Said:
Oh ok I will give it a try---- It really looks like fun--- SO yup I am in!!!!!

Please pm me your address.

thanks.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Nannyfeb.barbara is me dh's sister.....so my sister in law!

New Kid On the Block
In response to MarciLB

I'm a newbie & I would like to participate in this challenge.
Do I upload my LO by 10/31 or should that have been 11/30? If 10/31 is the cut-off for uploading a LO I cannot participate. My parents are here from Alaska & I won't be scrapping until after they leave on the 30th.
I have plent of "paper packs" and inevitably they all have papers that I look at and know I'll never use.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to Lolwlias

• Lolwlias Said:
I'm a newbie & I would like to participate in this challenge.
Do I upload my LO by 10/31 or should that have been 11/30? If 10/31 is the cut-off for uploading a LO I cannot participate. My parents are here from Alaska & I won't be scrapping until after they leave on the 30th.
I have plent of "paper packs" and inevitably they all have papers that I look at and know I'll never use.

Must have been a typo on the 10/31. I'll fix that later.

To participate I need you to pm me your name and address.

On the 1st (Next Thursday). I will send everyone that has signed up a name and address. Then you have until November 5th to mail out two 12 x 12 UGLY pieces of paper and an embellishment to the person who's name you have gotten.

When you get your papers in the mail take a photo of them before you do anything with them. Post the photo here so we can see the UGLY you have to work with. Then you will have until November 30th to create a masterpiece with those UGLY papers. Take a photo of the finished ART and post it here. We then vote on the worst papers and the best layout.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

JCI

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to charcats7

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to MrsCDJ

JCI, hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

• debby_westbrook Said:
HI!! Love the picture of you Carol!!!

Yes, I meant to say something too. It is a great photo.

I'm going to have to pass for November. I don't know what kind of mind set I'm going to be in. My daughter, who just turned 16 on Thurs, ran away Friday at 5pm and hasn't come home yet. There's a police report out, so now's she considered a missing person. I'm sitting here all alone in silence and every emotion is hitting me. And there is one woman that can help and she is refusing to give out any information.

I'll still follow along and see what everyone gets.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 10-28-12 08:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

Thanks, Sally. And I'm so very sorry about your daughter's troubles. Having been there done that, I know the emotional nightmare you're going through. Have the Police contacted the woman? If she is the one you mentioned earlier, I hope your daughter IS there no matter what the reasons. At least you'll know she's safe. Prayers and hugs your way, girl! Stay strong. Will miss you here in November.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to Lolwlias

Players list is up to date. We don't have many playing this month. Let's try to recruit some new people.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Lolwlias

I'm in too. I'll get my uglies together today. It's been awhile, I might be rusty at this.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Lolwlias

Hi! I will play along this month! I should be able to get to the PO by Monday! Our PO changed it's hours and they just do NOT work with my schedule...I don't know why they didn't ask me before they did such a silly change.

jazzarina
Veteran
jazzarina
In response to justowen

Count me in again but I too will be rusty! Got some uglies hanging round here and need something to do with them!!!

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to Lolwlias

So excited!! I need to go through my paper and find the loveliest of the lovelies!!

In response to Lolwlias

I want in again!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-29-12 04:30 PM
In response to [email protected]

Wow how nice to see some players who haven't been around in a while: Jenny, Missa, Anne Marie!
Nice to see you here again.

Sally, my heart goes out to you and I will keep you in my thoughts. Please keep in touch with us so we know how you are faring.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to GMFTS

Thanks Carol and Mary (and Missa for the pm). My daughter turned herself in and is home safe now. I took her to school and we talked to her principal and then I picked her up after school and we spent a quiet evening together and went to the store to buy some staples and prepare for the storm in case we're without power for a few days and then watched some movies together tonight. They said they'll probably call off school due to the high winds we've been having all night and predicting we'll be having by tomorrow. Right now they're estimated at gusts of 60mph and tomorrow morning 70mph. They've been non stop since 7pm. We've had non stop rain since Saturday. My chimney is leaking. As my sister likes to say, "welcome to my world"

DaNel, I'll play along this month. This is my only scrapbook challenge I do monthly anymore, so, sign me up. I rarely get a lo done. But after Rhonda's lovely guitars, I'm afraid the next person won't be so nice!

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 10-29-12 09:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

I'll be nice and I'll be even nicer to the newbies (she says wringing her hands)

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to sasload4

Hi everyone!

November beckons, and I answer. Sign me up!

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Thanks everyone for signing up after I sent you a pm. I really like this challenge but it looked like only 10 people were going to play this month and I really wanted a bunch more. I'll update the front after I give riding lessons.

Sally, I'm glad your playing again and that you and your daughter are working through her issues.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB

Sally...I read that she was missing and back just now...so glad she is back...thinking of you and hoping your future together gets brighter...how frightening...

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza
In response to MarciLB

Im done with OCT LO just need someone to come take a pic!!!! so sign me up for NOV!! my uglies are already packed and ready to mail out!!

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to denielle.c.podraza

I'm here with last months papers. Looking forward to drowning myself in creativity after I get back from my mom's.

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne

Debby, I can't play either for a while...like you, anything that costs money is out. But we can enjoy the insanity, right?

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to Jalynne

I understand the money thing and I was wanting to see if we could work out something different for the RAK's. Most of the time I buy things between $1 and $3. But I find so many things that I want for myself that I spend way more than I should when I go to the store.

I have prizes for October's month already so that is not an issue. (Remember I have to do postage for them all too)

Any suggestions?

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

here is an idea: what if we picked out the uglies as if we were giving them to someone else and used them ourselves.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to Pam in TX

• Pam in TX Said:
here is an idea: what if we picked out the uglies as if we were giving them to someone else and used them ourselves.

Or pick out multiple uglies and let each other choose which two to use ... that way it's still sort of a surprise. More computer work, but it wouldn't cost postage.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to MrsCDJ

DaNel as far as RAKs go I don't think we really need a prize, the uglies are prize enough.

I found that the cheapest way to send is sandwiched between cardboard. It's about a dollar cheaper than the tubes. I've never paid more than two bucks to get the uglies across the country.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to MissaOnTheRun

I'm with Missa, I don't need a RAK, but if we do a RAK, I had suggested before, that we could all send something in to you.. it doesn't have to be NIP, but for my swaps, I don't always send out RAK's but when I do, I put together little baggies with matching things from my stash. A couple of brads, a couple of buttons, a piece of 12-24" ribbons,8-10 gem stones, a few other do-dads, things I've gotten from others in swaps, that I'll never use, but I know they will. I'll put together a color baggy, or a themed baggy. I like to buy things on clearance, especially at 75 or 90% after the holiday. Then the following year, it makes for a very nice goody bag.

I don't want extra ugly papers, lol.. I pull mine out to give away!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

JCI

I'm with Crystal. How about we pick four pieces of paper, four embellies and DaNel picks the lady's name who would've received our name to originally mail to, and she picks the papers and embellie we use. Hope that makes some kind of sense and not as thick as mud!!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-31-12 11:09 AM

DaNel, funny you should bring up RAKs because I was thinking about that last week and how it is a lot from you.

I am with Missa & Sally - who needs 'em? I have enough of my own stuff.

And as Missa said I usually mail the uglies in a cardboard sandwich although I have also recycled tubes that other uglies came in.

I like the concept that Crystal and Sandra propose but honestly I am not sure it would work that well but I am game to try anything that will work.

Or maybe we could do something like this.

I would tell my 'partner' what to choose.
It could go something like this: "pick one pp with predominantly brown colors and a large print; pick one pp that is a Holiday print in pastel shades. Choose a ribbon that is neon colored."

Then the 'partner' would post what they have picked and I would have final approval.
Of course this could take some negotiating but I think it could work.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-31-12 11:14 AM
In response to GMFTS

Sally - so glad to read that your dd came back. I hope things are going better for you.

How did you make out with Sandy? We got rain and wind but not much damage thank heavens. With a tornado, a hurricane, and the October snowstorm (exactly one year before Sandy) last year I don't think we needed it.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to GMFTS

I agree, I play here for the sick challenge of the whole thing! No RAK needed!

As for the uglies, if we decide to stop mailing, I sort of like the idea of picking our own and posting a pic, maybe for group approval? Somehow, I think we would be a lot more outrageous to ourselves than to a "pal."

Whatever we decide is fine with me. Let me know if I can help in any way.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks

I want to keep mailing uglies because that is the excitement of this challenge. I was just wondering about RAK's. Because honestly that is extra purchase and mailing on my part. Even if I buy super cheap it is still extra for me.

If you want or need to play for a RAK please PM me and if you win you will get one. If you just want to play for the challenge there is no need to PM me you are playing for the challenge.

I'm about to start sending out names.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ

I have my address and my BEAUTIFUL papers are all ready to go to their new home! I'll be taking them to the PO today and they will be on their way to ...

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to MrsCDJ

Have my addy. My pal is just going to love the color coordinated collection that I hope will head her way today.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

I am hoping that Carol and Crystal have packages that are not heading to Arizona.

My package is heading out today and it's not traveling too far. I think it will find it's new home by Monday.

I totally want to keep sending pps, it's just so much fun dreading the mail!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper

Mine is postal. Headed east and north of me, but then most of you are east of me, LOL! Missa, you're safe . . . this month!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 11-01-12 11:47 AM

Ooooh I have the name and address...and now I get to go home and choose very carefully.

I love this part of the month and definitely would prefer to mail.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to GMFTS

Since I just happen to be having "one of those days" I didn't remember to take my package with me when I left the house today, so it will be going out tomorrow, to the east of me ... and don't worry Missa, it's going east of you too, so you're safe ... this month!!!

Actually, it will end up Southeast of me ... hmmmm where oh where will my beauties end up?!?!?

Edited by MrsCDJ on 11-01-12 03:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jazzarina
Veteran
jazzarina
In response to MrsCDJ

No rak needed...it is just fun challenging myself with the evilness that gets delivered to my door!! My uglies are going out tomorrow and what a small world my DH's family lives in the same town!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to jazzarina

Have my addie & my matching pps w/coordinating embellie will go out Saturday

I have to make up for Debby not being here to participate this month...

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to charcats7

what an awful, I mean wonderful day it will be when you get MY name Char.....

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
Since I just happen to be having "one of those days" I didn't remember to take my package with me when I left the house today, so it will be going out tomorrow, to the east of me ... and don't worry Missa, it's going east of you too, so you're safe ... this month!!!

Actually, it will end up Southeast of me ... hmmmm where oh where will my beauties end up?!?!?

Where in Cali do you live Crystal? I was born & raised in Salinas (Prunedale actually).

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:
Sally - so glad to read that your dd came back. I hope things are going better for you.

How did you make out with Sandy? We got rain and wind but not much damage thank heavens. With a tornado, a hurricane, and the October snowstorm (exactly one year before Sandy) last year I don't think we needed it.

We got a lot of wind and rain, and then some more rain, and then more rain. it finally stopped raining yesterday evening. We had rain for over 7 or 8 days in a row almost non-stop. We got over 6" total. We lucked that our power didn't go out. Pretty ironic as every other storm, my street is the first to go out. There are still some areas that are still w/o power. The one street I take off the highway to the get to the VAMC, has so many uprooted trees. Since the sun finally came out on my way home last night, I'm hoping it's out later this morning. I want to go take pictures. I have a layout in mind since I didn't get any fall pictures this year.

The past two days I've spent in the hospital with my daughter. She asked to be admitted for depression and suicidal ideation...she will there at least until next Friday. So, I'll be around, just not very active..as I'll be doing a lot of traveling back and forth. Visitation is limited to twice a day and the facility is a 50 min drive.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Sally I'm thinking of you. Although terrible that your daughter is going through these issues, it's great that she is asking for help. I hope she is in a good facility.

justowen
Governor
justowen

Sally, so sorry to hear about your dd, but very glad to hear that she is willing to ask for and get help.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to justowen

I picked out my uglies, but I think my 'victim' is getting off pretty easy...either that or I really should be scrapping instead of trying to do Algebra homework! I would pull out a paper I've always thought was ugly, but today it would look like it has all kinds of potential. Finally, I just grabbed two that I've never liked and found an embelly that I thought was pretty when I bought it and now I'm wondering where my brain was!

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to justowen

Jenny - I do the same thing, put together what I think is a terrible combo then suddenly see all sorts of ways they can work, LOL!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:

Where in Cali do you live Crystal? I was born & raised in Salinas (Prunedale actually).

I live in Hinkley ... in the middle of the Mojave Desert, in SoCal. So there isn't a whole lot of the country that is "south" of me, but some.

denielle.c.podraza
Pro
denielle.c.podraza
In response to MrsCDJ

My package is postal!!!!! Cant wait to see what the new owner thinks of her pretties!!! LOL

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to denielle.c.podraza

JCI

Got my addy and they are going coastal, but which coast? HARHARHAR

SALLY - I'm very proud of your daughter for asking for help, it takes a lot to ask for help especially at her age, more power to her, and may she find peace within herself and become an even stronger young lady than what she already is.

Edited by sasload4 on 11-02-12 10:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to sasload4

Oh Carol....my beauties arrived today...you are fast!
Mine and Barbara's (nannyfeb)'s are going postal Monday!

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to MarciLB

My papers went out yesterday!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
JCI

Got my addy and they are going coastal, but which coast? HARHARHAR

SALLY - I'm very proud of your daughter for asking for help, it takes a lot to ask for help especially at her age, more power to her, and may she find peace within herself and become an even stronger young lady than what she already is.

I'm not sure I count as being coastal ... I mean it does take 2 - 2 1/2 hours minimum to get to the beach ... so in California terms, I'm not coastal

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Let's see ... my hint for the day ......

The beautiful papers & embellie I have painfully parted with and shared with another are going to a city named after another ... something/someone/somepla ce.

That space between the a & c ^ aren't there before I submit ... weird

Edited by MrsCDJ on 11-03-12 01:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to MrsCDJ

Ok...here are my uglies from Carol (NMScrapper)

Ugly Papers for Nov Challenge Same Name! By Marcilb

And here is what I did with them...worked on it all afternoon since they arrived!...USED THE EMBELLIE!!-cut it into thin strips and inked it blue and red...

Scrapping the Night Away (Ugly Paper Challenge!) By Marcilb

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to MarciLB

Received my pretties today. Thanks Missa, you really were good to me! Stripes, words, flowers and trees, not bad at all! Nice break from toile!! Can't post until at least Tuesday though, just wanted you to know they found their new home, LOL!

Marci - Well, those didn't even slow you down, did they?! Don't know how you managed, but your page is terrific! There oughta be a law against what you did with that pink lace, LOL!

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to MarciLB

I didn't get an address to send to

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to MarciLB

Hah! I didn't even know there were raks, so I'm voting for no rak! Fun should be fun and not stressful!

My pp's aren't going to go out until Monday. I didn't realize just HOW bad the new hours are at the PO. It's right next to dd's school and I take her at 8 and pick her up at 3:30. I thought the PO's hours were until 3pm, so yesterday I was going to leave early to pick her up and stop at the PO...nope the hours are 10am - 2pm. I'm going to be going on post Monday, so I'll probably just mail them from the PO there.

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to Pam in TX

• Pam in TX Said:

That is because you are special. lol.

No really Because you are using last months papers it always works out that I have an odd amount of names and one person will not send because one person already has papers. If you NEED to mail out papers I can give you the name of the person I am mailing to since I'm mailing out Prizes this month. Just PM me if you want to.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

• DaNel Hicks Said:
  • Pam in TX Said:

That is because you are special. lol.

No really Because you are using last months papers it always works out that I have an odd amount of names and one person will not send because one person already has papers. If you NEED to mail out papers I can give you the name of the person I am mailing to since I'm mailing out Prizes this month. Just PM me if you want to.

I can do that

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne
In response to Pam in TX

Oh, Marci....that is absolutely stunning...but no fair since you got such pretty papers...LOL

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Jalynne

EAST or WEST coast it's all coastal to me

MarciLB
Queen
MarciLB
In response to Jalynne

oh ha ha Jenn...they did NOT match at all...but I have to say --they weren't the ugliest I have ever seen!-(my precious Carol!...mwah! )

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Lolwlias

Mine are leaving my house in the morning.

I feel very sorry excited for my partner. I tried to find something not very ugly. I really did.

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • charcats7 Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:

I live in Hinkley ... in the middle of the Mojave Desert, in SoCal. So there isn't a whole lot of the country that is "south" of me, but some.

Crystal,
I moved to TX from the High Desert......Lancaster/Palmdale
My ex SIL worked at the prison in Baker

Edited by Pam in TX on 11-04-12 03:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 11-04-12 04:05 PM
In response to Pam in TX

What sorts of trouble are you all getting in now that I haven't come and checked on you lately?

My gorgeous papers and the lovely accompanying embellishment went postal yesterday.

They are going to a state that isn't a swing state however one of it's senators caused a bit of a chuffle earlier this year.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to GMFTS

my papers went out on Saturday...

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

I'm not playing this month... If I had the money though, I'd send all of you a set of my Angelic papers!!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ

• debby_westbrook Said:
I'm not playing this month... If I had the money though, I'd send all of you a set of my Angelic papers!!!

I could send you some very special, picked just for you, papers ... just for and giggles

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to GMFTS

• GMFTS Said:
What sorts of trouble are you all getting in now that I haven't come and checked on you lately?

My gorgeous papers and the lovely accompanying embellishment went postal yesterday.

They are going to a state that isn't a swing state however one of it's senators caused a bit of a chuffle earlier this year.

I don't think it's me then ... as far as I know there hasn't been a senator causing any chuffle's.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to Pam in TX

• Pam in TX Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • charcats7 Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:

Crystal,
I moved to TX from the High Desert......Lancaster/Palmdale
My ex SIL worked at the prison in Baker

Ahhhh Baker ... home of the World's Tallest Thermometer, a prison ... and not a lot else!!

I don't generally travel toward Lancaster/Palmdale, in fact I haven't been in that area since 2008 and I was only in and out then ... got what I went for and left!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

I'll wait before giving a hint for today, because there is a possibility my papers would have made it to their destination today ... guess I'll just have to wait and see!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Diva
MrsCDJ
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
EAST or WEST coast it's all coastal to me

SHEESH!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to MrsCDJ

JCI

No pretties came for me today!!!

In response to Pam in TX

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington
In response to [email protected]

I got mine in the mail today! I hope they will be loved and turned into something beautiful...

haha

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • charcats7 Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:

Honestly I hate the desert. My folks thought it was great to go to Death Valley for Thanksgiving 3 years in a row. When I was old enough as a teen- I told them if they wanted to go the next year, I was staying HOME!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to charcats7

I mailed my lovelies this afternoon. They are heading west of me a couple states away...

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to charcats7

Did I miss the poll on the lo's and ugliest paper????

J. Washington
Mayor
J. Washington

I hope I am up to the challenge this month. My creativity has gone on vacation...

Nannyfeb
Guru
Nannyfeb

Here are my Uglies from (lookin4newideas)
Ugly paper November challenge Same name!! By Nannyfeb
Here is my finished LO I used the embellies I backed them and put a brad in the center.
Ladies this is harder than I thought.
A visit with Gummy & Pop Pop (Ugly Paper challenge) By Nannyfeb

Edited by Nannyfeb on 11-05-12 08:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics