Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: November Photo Fun        (Topic#1582231)
desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

WELCOME TO NOVEMBER 2012 PHOTO FUN

Through this group I've made some wonderful friends and enjoy meeting new friends in our group each and every month. If you are joining for the first time this month, you're in for a treat - what a FABULOUS group of caring/sharing women. Welcome everyone!

Lots of us have cameras we use now and again for a snapshot or two. Some of us have new cameras itching to be put to use and get more familiar with. Sound like FUN?! It IS!!!! Get your camera out and USE it. Just take pictures, share pictures, and stretch your camera use beyond where it is today. We all love photos -and photos are the heart and soul of our scrapbooks. Let's take GREAT photos - Experiment. Try different lighting, try "on location" shoots -even if that means taking an orange outside and taking it's photo on the lawn.

RULES:

1- Take 10 photo's throughout the month. These can be of what ever you choose. You may post them at any time (just try not to post all at once). Please link them to your gallery for easy access for comments.

2 - NO STRESS - if you aren't having fun it's not worth doing

3 - Comments - We all LOVE comments on our photos so please make an effort to visit/comment as possible, but ---
SEE RULE 1 - NO STRESS. If you don't have time to comment on photos (or can only comment on some) that's FINE!

4 - MISSING PHOTOS - SO WHAT? See rule 1 - NO STRESS. Life gets in the way - it happens to all of us. Post your photos when you can - See RULE 1 - NO STRESS

Just join in and SHARE!!!

How to add a clickable image to your post.

1. Pull up the image you wish to share.
2. To the left of your screen about at the bottom of your image you will see "LINK/EMBED IMAGE". It's just below the Facebook, Twitter, & Pin it buttons. Click the link.
3. When the box comes up mark the IMG Code. Left click on the copy & paste code box..it will turn blue. Right click on it to paste.
4. Next, go to the thread where you want to post your image. Click in the text space and paste your code.

End Of Month Photo Contest

We will be having an end of month photo contest each month. You may submit 1 photo YOU have personally taken. PM me with it by the date requested to be entered in our POLL. Oh, make sure you have the "Allow Public Embedding" checked so I may post it in the poll. We will have one winner per month unless there is a tie. If you are the monthly winner PM me your address. I will be looting my personal scrapbook stash to share with you to help keep my cost down. You might find an extra surprise in there too! Just so it's fair to all our players...please make sure if you submit a photo for the contest you have completed all 10 photo's for the month and YOU have personally taken them during the current month. The mini challenge photo's are not required, simply for fun. You can however, submit one of your challenge photo's (mini's) to the contest.
*End of Month photo contest entry deadline: November 28th by 6pm EST (I will post poll the evening of the 28th)

GO & HAVE FUN!!

Challenges you want, challenges you get-these are just for fun - no obligation! Use these 10 prompts to inspire your photos in any way you see fit. There are no right or wrong ideas.

November Minis:

1 - bird
2 - something odd
3 - feast
4 - stash
5 - nailed it
6 - self
7 - fresh
8 - flashy
9 - colorful
10 - favorite part of the day

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to desilu3131

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

I'm in.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to KristaDee

I'm in toooooooo!

Lori, always love your welcomes!!!!!!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to Linnny

I'm like in again too please!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Lenethren

Here I am!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to 2xblessed

Horray for the new minis! They are awesome!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to MissaOnTheRun

Hi!!!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859
In response to Greenacres

I'm in again!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Heather4859

JCI!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

I was warned that Halloween was a mob scene here, but it wasn't until G and I gave out 600 pieces of candy in 45 minutes did I really understand. Holy Cats, that's a lot of candy.

I hope everyone had a great Halloween. We had a blast here.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

I'm in again, and I love the minis. As October was pretty crudy for me, I am hoping to get the minis and my regular pics done, plus keep up with chit-chat. I'm going to get caught up on last months chit chat and will leave comments here.

MISSA - WOW NOW THAT'S A LOT OF CANDY TO HAND OUT. My DGDs made out like bandits with the candy. Two very full buckets of candy!!

BBS

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to sasload4

Morning!

Missa I couldn't get a photo of Charlie the Reindeer because the costume does not fit him anymore! I really need to put him on a diet. I did get a couple of pics from last night though...

POD#1-Halloween Night By Lenethren

POD#2-Finnegan the other Reindeer By Lenethren

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Lenethren

morning

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Good morning!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Good Morning! Woke up feeling pukey and it sure didn't help that Daisy barfed in my bed! She apparently found a used Q-tip because that was in it. Ugh!
Did not sleep well at all. Woke up several times in the night. Think I am going back to bed and see if I can sleep this off.
BBL

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie

I'm back... I hope... I think I am... hmmmm It was an insane month last month. I missed you all and hope I only missed good things and everyone is well and happy!!! If not, lie to me, I need to hear good things lol!

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to WeeFaerie

Good morning and Happy November!!!!

Welcome back Debi!!!!

Carolyn, so sorry for the lousy night and Daisy's mishap!!! Hope you feel better soon!!!!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to Linnny

RARING TO GO THIS MONTH!!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

JCI!

Carolyn...hope you feel better!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Carolyn I hope you feel better too.

G and I are off for the weekend. I hope you all have a great weekend!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Thanks everyone. I stretched out in my recliner and dosed for a bit. I am trying to tell myself I feel better because I have so much I need to do/want to do/have to do!
I need to clean my office. I am planning on going to town tomorrow and hope to buy a set of bookshelves. So I have emptied a small one and moved it under the window to make room for a taller one. Haven't put the stuff back on it yet. Not sure what I am going to put back and what I am going to stash in the closet for the time being. Decisions! Decisions!
BBL

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady

Good morning! I'd love to join in!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to katiemylady

Here is my first picture!

Treeshine By Katiemylady

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Welcome Katie!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Hey all!

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren

Carolyn I mailed the booties for Daisy this morning.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to Lenethren

Hey Katie!!!! Welcome!

Okay, saw the surgeon today. My arm is okay since the iodine invasion! So, surgery is a go for tomorrow. I got some pics today....don't know when I'll be able to take more.

Some of you know how much I love 'mama's roses'...well, look how they survived the hurricane.....just amazing!

POD 1 - Church By Linnny

POD 2 - Autumn By Linnny

POD 3 - Yellow Rose By Linnny

POD 4 -Mama's Rose By Linnny

POD 5 - Mama's Rose By Linnny

nanasan
Mayor
nanasan
In response to Linnny

I would like to join! I can take pictures! Just have trouble scrapping them...lol!
Thanks!
Sandra

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to nanasan

Sandra, welcome!!!!!!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to Linnny

Welcome Katie and Sandra!
Thanks Dyana! I will keep a look out for them. Daisy says
Linny, glad your arm is ok and will be praying for you tomorrow.
ACU BBL

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to 2xblessed

Welcome to Katie and Sandra.

Well, I was supposed to see the orthopedic surgeon on the 20th of November. Forgot I got put on the cancellation list. Got a call today - I see him tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully, we can get some answers and then go from there as to if I need surgery or not.

Day 2 of Jeff's new crazy schedule. We will see how it goes. Tuesdays and Thursdays he does school from 5pm-8pm. A webinar - so it's online and at home. Which means that I have to keep the kids quiet and out of the office. So tonight I picked 6 movies, wrote them out on papers and the kids will pick on out of a hat, and we will watch that either during or after supper.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Welcome Sandra!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Fixed a cruddy dinner (no one liked) and then took a tiny nap. Wonder why whenever "I" try to lay down everyone in the house is loud as can be? Feeling a bunch better this afternoon. Will be taking another pill tonight. Yesterday my back was so tight I couldn't hardly stand it. The muscle relaxer did not work over night but appears to be helping now.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Krista, I hope your arm problem turns out to be an easy fix! Great idea about drawing a title out of the hat. I am sure it will save a lot of whining!
Lori, I know what you mean about everyone gets loud when you try to take a nap! I used to have that problem when John's kids were here. Only it wasn't a nap they disturbed, it was Sat. morning bright and early. I sure wish you could get some relief from your back problems. Mine has been hurting me lately but suspected mine is coming from my kidneys and/or ulcers.
I also can relate to cruddy dinner. I made that myself yesterday. Unfortunately, I am the only one here to eat it (I don't give Daisy people food, other than the occasional Popsicle). And I couldn't waste it. I experimented and will know not to do that again. Most of my "experiments" turn out good.
Talked to Liz earlier this evening. Peyton had a rough night but, was doing better this evening.
Think I am going to go watch some I Love Lucy.
Good Night Ladies!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to 2xblessed

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Linny led me here Linny I love your photos, always have, will have to check your gallery for a closer peek

I have another photo to share. It's one of my favorites from today's shoot.

Old Wagon By Katiemylady

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

Here's my first

Mini #1 - Bird By KristaDee

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Nighty-O ladies!

Krista...hope you find out some good info at the Dr tomorrow! Hopefully it will be something that will get you a quick fix!

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Evening all. Dropping off a few pics.

November Photo Fun #1 By Mrs PaulyD

Sorry, couldn't help it...

November Photo Fun #2 By Mrs PaulyD

November Photo Fun #3 By Mrs PaulyD

November Photo Fun #4 By Mrs PaulyD

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady

Ivy House By Katiemylady

My third photo for the month

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

JCI

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie
In response to KristaDee

Morning lovelies!!!

Welcome to the group Katie and Sandra!

Linny~ Good luck today! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to WeeFaerie

Morning!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

Hi Katie and Sandra welcome!

Linny I am thinkg of you today. Update us soon please.

Krista I hope you get some good info today. It's nice to get in almost a month early.

G and I drove to the Valley yesterday. It's nice to be in the city for the weekend. G has her eye appointment this morning then we are meeting friends at the zoo. I'm hoping to get to IKEA today too, because it's so busy on the weekend.

Have a great day everyone!

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

A visitor from yesterday

Tarantula By MissaOnTheRun

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Hey all!

Linda prayers for you today sweetie!

Gotta get a move on. Vehicle titles need to be notarized in Montana. Gotta meet up with hubby since we're both on it. Hoping my car sells this week. I have to put insurance back on it today too...yesterday was the last day.

Be back later!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

From last month:

• desilu3131 Said:
Checking in again.

Sher...I am not sure what I did. I just know that I sat in the rink on the bleachers for 1 1/2 hrs. This rink is cold so I took my Lava Buns to sit on (you throw the inside of the cushion in the micro to warm it). That stayed practically hot till the last 30 min or so. I carried a blanket, my purse, my knitting bag, and coffee with me. Time to stand up and woah!!! Been hurting ever since. Today was not bad till about noon. Now can't stand straight again.

I have seen a chiro before. I personally think this is a muscle issue. The left side gets so tight. I'm wondering if the hot and cold together had something to do with it. I don't think what I was carrying was that heavy but....

I meant what did you do to it originally? You mentioned you have had a bad back for awhile...was it several years ago?

Oh that warm cushion sounds wonderful...I need to look into that!

Sorry your back is still tight. I have found it's my alignment that goes out and then my muscle(s) try to compensate and then get sore. And then if I wait too long, I get adjusted and then my muscles are used to being "out" and then they are sore again when I am "in". The other thing I have found is how much better my adjustments hold if I get massage work done on the area first. Sometimes they can bill it as physical therapy then the insurance will cover it. Do you have an office than can bill insurance for physical therapy massage? I only get 15 minutes at a time but it helps. I think she charges $24 for that amount of time if I were to pay out of pocket. But she hurts me lol...in a good way as the knot in my back usually is tamed for awhile after seeing her.

I have never used a muscle relaxer. But most of the people I hear say they don't notice it much, so I've never wanted to try them. Have you heard of BioFreeze? It's kinda like Icy Hot. It helps a little if you aren't in too much pain.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to nanasan

• nanasan Said:
I would like to join! I can take pictures! Just have trouble scrapping them...lol!
Thanks!
Sandra

LOVE your signature!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

JCI.

Sher...I have never done anything to my back that I know of. My dad also has back issues too and has for as long as I remember. I'm sitting here imagining someone massaging me in the state I'm in. Some days it just hurts to touch it. I am feeling better although I am stiffer today than yesterday, I'm using a heating pad in my chair today too. I have not seen a big change using the muscle relaxer but I do think it is helping. I have more mobility and less pain. I also am taking advil.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Good Morning!
Prayers for Linny, Krista and Lori! Hope all of y'all get help and relief.
Lori, I have found that muscle relaxers help some but, taken with a pain pill is usually what my doc RXs for me when I get really bad. He knows me well enough to know I don't ask for stuff like that unless I have been in agony for weeks. I don't like the "out of it" feeling that goes with them.
Waiting on a friend to come. We are going to eat out and then I need to shop.
BBL

nanasan
Mayor
nanasan
In response to 2xblessed

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am excited...must get busy snapping pictures! and leavin some lovin!
Have a great day!

Sandra

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to nanasan

JCI before I head to pick U up from school. Hockey tonight.

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

ok I'm here for the whole month this time YIPPEE!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to scrapwriter

Welcome back Bren.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

It's snowing!!!!! And coming down with a vengeance. It's really pretty.

nanasan
Mayor
nanasan
In response to KristaDee

Wow snow! It is sunny and warm here! TGIF!
Have a great weekend all!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to nanasan

Three new photos to share!

Diabolical By Katiemylady

Golden Pathway By Katiemylady

Patric Mountain Panorama By Katiemylady

The last one is a panorama and looks very distorted until you click on it (:

Edited by katiemylady on 11-02-12 02:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

TGIF!

Krista, keep that snow up there for now. I haven't covered my roses yet!

Lori, got the package already.. that was super fast. Thank you!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Evening!

Heather...that was fast! Glad you got it!

We are finally home. Think it's time for a very hot shower. Tomorrow is an early one...must be on the ice by 7:30. That means I leave the house around 6:15.

If I don't pop back in have a great evening!

Krista...you can gladly send the snow my way!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU
I don't necessarily want snow, but cooler temps consistently would be nice! Brrrr cold in the morning and late evening and shorts hot during the day and afternoon. Welcome to Louisiana! Don't like the weather? "Well, Hon, just stick around a few minutes and it will change!" And don't forget to say "hon" and "bless your heart"! I have lived here my entire life so I feel free to poke fun at us natives!
I bought a cheap/screw together bookshelves today. I am going to get off of here and put them together and try to do a little straightening!
BBL

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to 2xblessed

JCI

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to KristaDee

hi, surgery went well! nighty nite

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to Linnny

Good news Linda! Speedy recovery!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

speaking of surgery - there's nothing wrong with my knee, and I won't need surgery!!!! Just some exercise and maybe a bit of weight loss.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

• desilu3131 Said:
JCI.

Sher...I have never done anything to my back that I know of. My dad also has back issues too and has for as long as I remember. I'm sitting here imagining someone massaging me in the state I'm in. Some days it just hurts to touch it. I am feeling better although I am stiffer today than yesterday, I'm using a heating pad in my chair today too. I have not seen a big change using the muscle relaxer but I do think it is helping. I have more mobility and less pain. I also am taking advil.

Massage does hurt when my back is out but it does help. Glad the meds are helping!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

Linda, prayers for fast healing!

Krista woo hoo!

One photo from me. Had to clear my card before the cub scout chariot races tomorrow:

Mini: Stash By Greenacres

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Mini #1 BIRD By Erjaan

FIRST MINI DOWN AND NINE TO GO

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to erjaan

Linny Yay I am glad to hear that the surgery went well.

Krista I am super happy that your knee is fine.

G had her eye appointment today and both eyes are the same 20/30 vision, so she will not need glasses. Thank goodness, I can hardly keep clothes on that child let alone glasses.

After the eye appointment we went to the zoo G was so happy! We had a great time. One of the zebras delivered her baby and the other could go any time now, so we are going back to the zoo before we leave town.

We made it to IKEA today too. The weekend should be relaxing from here (fingers crossed).

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie

Good morning!

Linny~ Glad you came through it well! Now have yourself a fast recovery!!!

Krista~ Awesome news about the knee!!! I can't believe you need more exercise with all the things you do. You never sit still as it is!

Well, I have to get ready to head out. I'm doing my oldest daughter's Halloween photos at a cemetery today. We had all rain and snow last week through Halloween so this is our first chance to do them. I'm really excited! It's a concept I've been wanting to shoot for a few years. Since she picked out and helped sew part of the costume, and really wants these photos done, I should have a very good model today lol!

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to WeeFaerie

GOOD MORNING SWEET LADIES!

I have a word of warning to pass along. Last night we had a member of the sheriff's dept. speak to us (at church social) and he said the following. "When you park your car at a busy place like the grocery store or Walmart etc, DO NOT lock your car with the button on your key fob. LOCK IT WITH THE KEY". why? because sitting in another car two or three rows over and watching you could be a thief with a devise that records the code your key fob just used and when you go into the store he is in your car as fast as you could do it and it is "good by car or good bye contents." He said that it happens every day.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to WeeFaerie

Morning!

Debi...the shoot sounds fun, can't wait to see them!

Good game today. Uriah had 2 of our 6 goals.

I'm off to HL now before Lexie gets here. I'm watching her today while the parents attend a wedding.

I'm standing straight today too!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter

jci

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to scrapwriter

'morning!

lori happy back is better!

krista great no surgery 4 u!

ahhhhhhhhh slept till 10!!!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to Linnny

good morning! Boys let me sleep till about 10 minutes ago. I haven't slept in like that in ages. Felt so good.

I feel like decorating for Christmas today. There's almost a foot of snow outside and it looks like winter. I don't think I will yet. I'm wanting a new (artificial) tree this year. Something a little skinnier than a normal tree. With the "extra" furniture I've acquired, I don't have a lot of room for my tree (it's about 5' in diameter). So I want a tall skinny one. Just have to convince DH that I need it.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to KristaDee

Mini #2 something OLD By Erjaan

ugliest photo I ever took.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to erjaan

Lori I am glad you are feeling better.

Linny how does the hand feel?

Kate to answer your tarantula question. I have only lived with tarantulas once before and it was in Southern Mexico and they were the ones with the really bulbous rear ends and the super creepy antenae.

Have a nice day everyone.

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan

Guess I need to look them up on line. Not sure I want to. LOL

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to erjaan

JCI.

Painting Lexie's nails has been the highlight of my afternoon. Well, that and I finished my monster, almost. I might add a skirt to her.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Linny, glad your surgery went well. Hope recovery goes well too!
Krista, glad you aren't going to need surgery!
Lori, Hooray for standing up straight!
Debi, the photo shoot sounds like fun.
Well, I spent part of last night and 2 or 3 hours today organizing my books. I have a big head way, but still not finished. I have one set of 4-shelf bookcase filled and another one almost filled and still really could use at least one more of a 4-shelf set. I have lots of books! Some women collect shoes, I collect books. The one thing I don't particularly like about the goodreads giveaway books is that they are not hardbacks. But, they are totally free so I am not complaining!
BBL I have photos on my camera that I need to put on the computer and see if any are share-worthy!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to 2xblessed

JCI again.

Lexie finally got picked up. U is in bed and I am working on a hat for a new baby, a friend of my DD just had it, 2 months early.

I will see you all in the afternoon tomorrow. We are traveling for hockey tomorrow morning. Not far, just over an hour away from us.

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Evening all. Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight Except for Kate and Missa

Dropping off a pic

November Photo Fun #5 By Mrs PaulyD

Heather4859
Governor
Heather4859

Linda and Krista...

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/09/tres- leches-...

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny

hi girlies!

heather, thanks for the recipe! i found an italian pot roast recipe at her site that had me drooling!

i actually started typing with both hands without thinking!!! guess typing since the 60's it becomes second nature....hope the surgery is as successful as it feels!!!!

nighty nite

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Linnny

Yay Linny! I am so glad that this surgery was a good one.

Lori painting nails sounds like a blast. How is Lexie doing?

Heather thanks for the recipe i'm a huge tres leches fan and this recipe looks good.

We had a great day today. I'm happy to be in the city everything is so close and accessible.

Have a great night everyone!

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131

Morning!

Missa...Lexie was a doll while she was here.

We are almost ready to go so I thought I'd pop in real quick.

Have a great day!!

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie

Good morning!

Here's a couple from me:

mini #1 Bird By WeeFaerie

POD 1 The Raven By WeeFaerie

They look rough on this site for some reason but they're not too bad if you click through.

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to WeeFaerie

Good morning

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to KristaDee

That cake looks delicious.

Linnny
Linnny 
Queen
Linnny
In response to KristaDee

morning!!!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to Linnny

Good morning. Dh is still sick and I am feeling run down. Slept until 8 the new time. Must have needed it.

I think today since we're home and he can't work outside, I will edit some photos and update stuff I need to update.

Linda, so glad your hand is feeling pretty good! Prayers it only gets better!

Krista, I agree on the tree. I bought a prelit one on clearance a couple years back. It was a little shorter and definitely not as full. The only thing I remember from last year was that some of the lights stopped working and changing the fuse(s) didn't help.

Missa your zoo trip sounds great! Glad dd doesn't need glasses...that's young to have to be responsible for that kind of thing.

Hi to all. Off to comment!

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to erjaan

• erjaan Said:
GOOD MORNING SWEET LADIES!

I have a word of warning to pass along. Last night we had a member of the sheriff's dept. speak to us (at church social) and he said the following. "When you park your car at a busy place like the grocery store or Walmart etc, DO NOT lock your car with the button on your key fob. LOCK IT WITH THE KEY". why? because sitting in another car two or three rows over and watching you could be a thief with a devise that records the code your key fob just used and when you go into the store he is in your car as fast as you could do it and it is "good by car or good bye contents." He said that it happens every day.

I had heard this before and thought I read it was a hoax...but the setting you were in should indicate it is not a hoax.

Then there is those credit card readers people use to walk by you and steal credit card information. I though that was fake until I heard it from somewhere reputable. What next?

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

I was going to say that Alpacas are ruminates and a ruminate (chews a cud) only has bottom front teeth. Ruminates do have some sharp pulverizing teeth-like stuff going on in the back so you don't ever want to get your fingers back there.

BUT Alpacas and Llamas are not true ruminates since they only have a three-chambered stomach instead of four and they don't chew a cud. They are a camelid:

Camelids are a family of even-toed ungulates. Their closest relatives are ruminates (cattle, antelopes, goats, etc.) and suines (pigs, peccaries, and hippos). Though they are not true ruminates (they do not chew a cud), camelids have a three-chambered stomach (rather than the ruminates' four-chambered stomach) and unlike suines, they are strictly herbivorous. Camelids include camels, dromedaries, llamas, alpacas, vicunas, and gaunacos.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

• Mrs PaulyD Said:
Evening all. Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight Except for Kate and Missa

I would like to know how Arizona got out of changing their clocks as by next spring I want Montana, if not the rest of the US, in on your secret lol!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

The province Saskatchewan (were my family lives) never changes their clocks.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres
In response to KristaDee

• KristaDee Said:
The province Saskatchewan (were my family lives) never changes their clocks.

Smart people! Other parts of Canada observe daylight savings though, right? So it's the same as here in that respect.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

ACU
Having time did not give me an "extra" hour of sleep this morning because I woke up an hour earlier than what my alarm was set for anyway.
BBL

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to 2xblessed

Sherry - the rest of Canada follows Daylight Savings Time.

desilu3131
Angel
desilu3131
In response to KristaDee

Evening!

I still hate the time change....we adapted it just a couple years ago. BOO!

Had a great day today...two wins. U scored 1 in each game.

Off to watch a movie with him....all my pics from today are done! Major accomplishment.

Greenacres
Governor
Greenacres

We are all confused and think we should be doing chores since the light is fading fast out there. Too early.

One from me:

11/3 By Greenacres

erjaan
erjaan 
Queen
erjaan
In response to erjaan

MINI #10 Favorite Part of the Day By Erjaan

aaahhhh sweet retirement and it rewards

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics