Username Post: SMASH BOOK Challenge **March**        (Topic#1594475)
charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Welcome to the monthly SMASH Book Challenge for February 2014.

This is a monthly challenge to help those who want to work on their Smash Books & need some ideas & inspiration.

Topic 1: Things around my home – Those things around your house that you encounter every day- I challenge you to take a fresh look at them & take some photos of them

Topic 2: In my Purse what do you carry with you when you go out the door to work, to the store, where ever- what must you have with you? I used the ‘purse’ but it doesn’t have to be that- or just that. Do you pack a lunch? Do you have a water bottle? Whatever it is you must have to leave the house- document it.

Topic 3: Signs of Spring A flower- daffodils popping up maybe? Any sign of spring you encounter this month- take a photo & smash it.

Topic 4: Color twist What is your least favorite color? The color you would NEVER wear or paint your house with? The color you would never scrap with? Why is it your least favorite? Do you think it’s ugly? Or is there some bad blood there about that color? Take a couple photos & smash it

Do all the topics or just one- it’s up to you. No rules- just inspiration to SMASH

Most of all, have fun, share as much or as little as you want, give positive feedback & leave as we all need some of that about our work.

No sign-up necessary- just jump right in

Please let us know the name you like to be called if it isn't in your signature block.

LINKING TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. On the right-hand side under the small icons of your gallery, click on ‘Embed'.
3. When the pop up window opens, click on 'IMG code' button. Choose a larger size if you’d like.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread and tell us which TOPIC you are posting for.

ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab at the top on the left side of the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.
+you can also check the box at the time you upload as well & save having to edit.

Topic 1:

1. Rainy Day Survival Kit By Charris449

2. Something about me . . . By Lcmemories

Topic 2:

1. 2014 Week 9 By Msmama

2. The Purse (smashbook page) By Lcmemories

3. Yummy to my Tummy By Arteshamac

Topic 3:

1. Smash Book By Lcmemories

Topic 4:

Edited by charcats7 on 03-29-14 12:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to charcats7

Love these topics, Char!

Charris449
Pro
Charris449
In response to arteshamac

I'm in

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Charris449

Awesome ideas!! I already know the flower that I'll feature . . . daffodils are blooming in my yard right now. Getting excited!

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to lcmemories

I'm so jealous the only thing in my yard is dirty snow.

kaye222
Governor
kaye222
In response to msmama

I have a question? Is this one page for a smash book? Or one layout? Or is it a smash book all about one topic? I really like the topic about purses. Thx

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to kaye222

I think it can be 4 different possible pages you can do for your smash book. I hardly ever get all four topics done, and the purse topic might a little scary for me. I might need to clean out my purse first.

Edited by lcmemories on 03-02-14 09:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

Lisa- you can make it into whatever you want really- but the idea is 1 or 2 pages per topic of your smash book

Coleen- too funny- I've already taken photos of my purse (and the insides) now to put them on the computer, crop & print them

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to charcats7

I'm working on my purse page tonight, while I watch the voice. Have a great night!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to msmama

have yet to print my photos- been dealing with ice on the roads

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to charcats7

I took my photos of my purse today. I hope to work on that page tomorrow.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

I am going to take photos of the inside of my purse this weekend. I want to do my least favorite color, but I honestly can't think of one. I didn't like Hunter green at first, but I will scrap using that color.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Purple is hard for me. Char, can we combine the topics for a page? I think I may want to combine the purple with the purse content one.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac

Purple is my fav color, so that's not a hard color for me to use. Hmmm...putting on my thinking cap.

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama

I havent figured out my least favorite color yet either. I did however do a page on my purse and the other bags I take to work everyday.

2014 Week 9 By Msmama

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to msmama

Here is my purse page:

The Purse (smashbook page) By Lcmemories

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I just finished my spring flowers page. I'll post it tomorrow. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Here is a page with photos of some of the flowers that are blooming right now:

Smash Book By Lcmemories

Charris449
Pro
Charris449

Rainy Day Survival Kit By Charris449

Things around my house

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Charris449

great job everyone- it was 75 degrees today & I went out scouring for signs of spring & didn't find much except that my dogs wanted to chase the neighbor's cows- not a healthy thing to do since he has a shot gun - anyway- have photos of my purse printed- just need to cut them up & put them down...

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to charcats7

Well it has been so warm here, and then today another cold front started moving in AFTER I moved some plants out to the front porch. Aaargh! I think they were ok for last night but I may end up moving everything back into the garage. Ready for the cold weather to go away!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

jci

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

I hear you Laura- we are in the 30s-40s this week- I am soooo ready for SPRING!

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to charcats7

I am a bit behind. I should have time tomorrow to smash.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to msmama

me too

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to charcats7

Happy birthday Char!!

We had a thunderstorm blow through last night, and it is still a little dreary and overcast today. I need to get off of the computer and back into my scrap room.

I hope everyone has a great day!

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama

Happy Birthday Char!!!

It was overcast and cold here today. I stayed in most of the day but did nothing with my smash book.

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to charcats7

Happy Belated Birthday, Char! I hope you had a wonderful one!

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

thanks for the birthday wishes- yes I had a great weekend- Saturday friends gathered, shot some lead on our range by the creek, ate good food & visited with friends. Sunday my DH took me shopping for 5 hours- I know he loves me And the icing on the cake was my gf's daughter delivered a beautiful baby girl that evening. Funny- I had told them she was waiting for the 23rd to show herself A great birthday indeed

arteshamac
Queen
arteshamac
In response to charcats7

Topic 2:

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Just checking in quickly.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

I've had pictures printed for some time now, but just have not had the chance to pull out my smash book & put them in- now I'm at a conference with my DH (military thing) and I hope I can get to it on Sunday...

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to charcats7

here is April's challenge:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15950...

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to charcats7

I finished one for topic 1:

Something about me . . . By Lcmemories

charcats7
Queen
charcats7

good one Laura - I had to give up sodas, then caffeine, then aspartame... migraines don't play with those things well. If you ever start having headaches - think about cutting those things out- hope you never do tho- wouldn't wish it on anyone

Two more days left in March - and still Spring seems elusive- teasing us with a couple nicer days & then today- 46 and stormy w/cold winds- I thought if March came in like a lion it would go out like a lamb? Maybe it's got plans for Monday to be WARMER!

msmama
msmama 
Governor
msmama
In response to charcats7

Hope you're right Char, I'm ready to put my winter coat and gloves away.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to msmama

well- in Middle TN today is 72 degrees right now (at almost 4pm) & it's been warm & sunny all day- definitely has been a lamb kind of day Now for it to stay that way a little while

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics