Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: June - Inspirational Card Challenge        (Topic#1662523)
Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Scrap-Time

Well one is better than none!

Sketch category
Happy Holidays By Scrapanda

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Scrapanda

Good morning!

Kathy hope you had a grand time at the scrap retreat!

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time
In response to Anna C

Had a really good time at the retreat. Good friends + good food + scrapping = great memories!!

The funny thing is I bring card kits that I make up all year long. Well I swear every kit was missing something so I came back with almost made cards!! So we will see how long it takes to put on the final pieces!! I have some cards to post that I have made this month that fits the categories just haven't had time to post them. Also would love to make a couple more but I need to get some things off my vacation to-do list...yes I know vacations aren't suppose to have them but part of taking the time off was to get things done I don't have time for normally. We will see how far I get.

First page caught up!!

Cardiographer
Governor
Cardiographer

I made a set of cards using this month's sketch.

Monochromatic / two tone butterfly card set

By Cardiographer

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Cardiographer

Good morning!

Love that card set Cardiographer!

Kathy, regarding my flag card with the journaling:
The journaling is a download from Taylored Expressions designed specifically for their flag die cut. I did not do the journaling. Wish I could have done that, but Taylored Expressions did all of the work! I have gone back and edited the photo to include this.

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4
In response to Anna C

acu

scrapbookmonster
Guru
scrapbookmonster

Scrap-Time,

Thank you for posting one of my cards on the first page. Mostly I like to share my cards for the feedback. When I design cards I come up with very very unique ideas.

You can post this card in the Theme for "Friendship Card".

Birthday Card to Canadian Forces Members By Scrapbookmonster

From 2007 to 2011 and 2014 to 2016, I have sent my cards and postcards to the Canadian Forces Members based overseas. Many of them have written back.

Also I exchange postcards with people around the world via the web site https://www.postcrossing.com/ I have sent over 2200 postcards to members in over 50 countries and received over 2200 postcards.

This is just a suggestion for a "Theme" in the future. There is a "World Hello Day" which is held in November every year. http://worldhelloday.org/

Thanks again.
Stephen

• Scrap-Time Said:
Scrapbookmonster - funny that you ask about if the cards could work for the friendship category...because all my friends at the retreat were teasing me about how "rule following" I am. The whole purpose of the challenge is to inspire you and push your limits (if you want them pushed..that's why so many different categories....if you don't want to be pushed then you don't do that category). So if you wanted to use one of them I would have made one of them "friend theme" ....like happy birthday to my friend, or hello friend and then made the rest blank so they could use how ever they wanted. Or if you specifically made it for a friend's birthday then it would fit. But your question also gave me ideals for cards since you like to make a lot of your pieces...what about Sherlock Holmes feel to a card with ...."couldn't find a better friend than you".
But on the other hand you are correct it could be sent to a friend for a birthday so I will put one of them under that category. Do you care which one I use?
So yes I like cards to fit categories but I'm also trying to be flexible because it is all about making cards. But I think challenges have to have boundaries other wise it is just a posting thread. Hope this all makes sense?

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to scrapbookmonster

I am working on a card and using some glittery paper as the background. I am trying to adhere a die cut image to the glittery paper and am having trouble getting it to adhere. Do you all have any suggestions? TIA.

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time
In response to Anna C

I have heard glitter paper is hard to stick down so I can only imagine sticking something to it would be hard. double side sticky tape....like scor-tape?? Can you use a brad somewhere on the image to help it be more stable? Oh maybe glossy accents?....might take awhile to dry though.

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time

for sharing

13th Anniversary By Scrap-Time

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time

Bonus Category:

Balloons at Beach By Scrap-Time

Cardiographer
Governor
Cardiographer
In response to Anna C

Anna, I was actually trying to do the same thing earlier today. Kathy's suggestion is exactly what I had tried...I used Be creative double sided tape and it seems to be holding the paper to the glitter paper. I had tried regular glue tape runner and glossy accents with no success. Good luck with this!

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time

sketch:

Fishing Fathers Day By Scrap-Time

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time

Favorites:

Milk it! By Scrap-Time

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time

favorites:

Coolest Pop By Scrap-Time

Chillin' & Grillin' By Scrap-Time

Scrap-Time
Angel
Scrap-Time

Got some of my cards posted. Now it is time for bed! See you tomorrow!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C

Good morning!

TexasMomOf4
Angel
TexasMomOf4
In response to Anna C

July's Challenge

Page 2 of 2