Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: *JULY* Ugly Games!        (Topic#1674507)
MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

Welcome to THE UGLY GAMES!!

The object of this challenge is to make your mind work. To think outside the box, and to use up papers (and an embellishment) from your stash that you thought you would never (EVER!) use (or, in the interest of this challenge, you picked up solely to torture someone with…which of course I’ve NEVER done!!), and receive a RAK at the end of the month if you A) receive the most votes at the end of the poll for your LO or B) receive the most votes at the end of the month for the papers you sent, or C) IF there are 10+ players, you fully participate and vote, then you get entered into a random.org poll for voting players. In other words, you fully participate, you vote, you get put in random.org, you receive a RAK.

**PLEASE if you don't think you will finish, please do not join this month. It will take everyone doing their part.**

Quick Overview:
1. Sign up by PMing me your name & address by the last day of the current month. Addresses go out on the first!
2. Mail two UGLY 12x12 pieces of paper (ONE of the papers can be shaped as long as it is CLOSE to 12 inches. Yes, including circles. (If you have questions about the size, send me a PM with a photo of the papers together if you'd like so I can see the size comparison.) and one UGLY embellishment BY THE 5TH to the address you received from me, and please post that you have sent.
3. Check in at least once a week. *Note: I'm not super strict on this, just try not to "disappear" for the whole month!*
--but please post you've sent and share a photo of what you received!
4. When you receive your uglies please share! Please!
5. Turn those uglies into something not so ugly!
6. Post your completed LO to this thread by the end of the month (sb.com time)! (Mostly, as long as you are posted before I get up the morning of the first. If you are willing to stay up until 3am just to finish your LO then I'm going to allow it...because, 3am!!)
7. Vote on LOs AND uglies! (See details below)
8. The LO with the highest votes after the poll will receive a RAK from me!
9. The sender with the highest votes after the poll for ugliest combination will also receive a RAK from me!
10. If there were 10+ players (not including me) then the voting players will get put into random.org for a 3rd RAK.

Detailed:
1) To sign up, Please PM me your name, screenname and mailing address BY THE LAST DAY OF THE CURRENT MONTH and you will be entered. I will send out addresses on THE FIRST OF THE MONTH. If you have not signed up by the last day of the month you must WAIT until the following month. NO exceptions! (Except for the exception if you get your address/request to me before I get to the computer on the first of the month! This is because it is too hard to change everything after addresses have gone out!) Although, it’s been known to happen that two people will be “late,” then address exchange is easy, but in that case, it will be up to you and whomever else was “late” to exchange addresses with each other. (I live in the Central Time Zone now, but I'll be going by sb.com time...because I don't get confused enough as it is! )

2) You then mail two UGLY 12x12 pieces of paper and one ugly embellishment BY THE FIFTH to the address given to you by me. Also, please make a comment here to the thread when you mail your papers out, just to keep everyone informed. Sometimes the mail goes the back-road to places! For example, I've sent to Texas (from California, when I lived there) before, but the papers took a detour through Ohio first! **No, I won’t be harsh about this date, sometimes weekends/holidays inconveniently take some of the days, something happens in life, the weather refuses to cooperate, etc. and it just wasn’t possible to get things out by the fifth of the month. What is important is that they get sent as early as possible so there is time for the recipient to “deal” with them, and so it is known if there is a need to do an angel send.**

I've sent papers out as an angel send because the original sender was so late in sending I thought something had happened, even though I had been informed the papers "would be" going out on a certain date, only to have the original sender's show up. There is a difference between sending (up to) a few days late, and sending so late that the month is over half over before they are received (and this was a domestic, within the U.S., send) . I don't know who else to put this, but it's important to be reliable.

3) Make your layout then post here BY JUNE 30TH
LO Rules/Guidelines:
- Must use all or part of the two 12x12 papers supplied to you, the embellishment is optional, it is the *twist* for this challenge. Using the embellishment gets you 2 extra votes on your LO.
- Must be able to see both pieces of paper on the layout, if they aren’t immediately obvious, please point them out, but they will still have to be able to be recognized. I emphasize this because of the influx of mixed media products in the scrapbooking world. It is too easy to “lose” the papers behind some paste, ink, and paint! Yes, sometimes the results aren’t as expected, I have had inking attempts come out far darker than I anticipated. This is just a reminder to be careful!
- Must allow public embedding.
- No digital layouts due to the papers being used.
- Layouts must be uploaded here by 7/31 at midnight (or, you know, 3am) to qualify for the votes.
- One layout per person please.
- Must take a before picture of the papers and post on the thread.

4) Then we vote! If ten entries or less everyone will go in the poll, if 10+ entries you will pm me the top 3 (don't vote for yourself, you get a vote for pming me.) You will also get 2 extra votes towards the poll if you used the embellishment sent to you (so when you pm me let me know/remind me if you used your embellie). The winner of the poll will receive a RAK from me. However, keep in mind that you need to have sent papers, received papers, AND completed/posted your LO by the end of the month (sb.com time) to be eligible. Yes, all three. Even if you are participating this month using last month’s papers and you sent papers again this month, you aren’t eligible for the RAK. Why? Because in essence, you just had twice as long to figure out what to do with your papers. You will still be placed into the poll, but you won’t be eligible for the RAK. I MAY make exceptions depending on circumstances, but that will be at my discretion.

5) There will also be voting on who received the worst combination! As with the LO voting, if ten entries or less everyone will go in the poll, if more than ten entries you will pm me the top 3 (don't vote for yourself, you get a vote for pming me). The winner of this poll, as in the person who SENT the papers, will also receive a small RAK…just for being especially creative in finding a horrific beautiful combination! However, keep in mind that you need to have sent papers, AND completed/posted your LO by the end of the month (sb.com time) to be eligible.

NEW STUFF (“Rules” sounded too harsh, and this is supposed to be fun!!!):
-Don’t forget to check in to let us know you didn’t get glued to your table! (If you are on vacation just let me know ahead of time)
-If you do not check in (or, you know, don't disappear) and/or post your layout you will NOT be allowed in the following month with new papers. You may participate again with the papers that you have and you may be required to send new papers out (unless of course you have had an emergency or let us know you will be out of town).
-Starting November 2015, when voting, send me your TOP 3, please! (For both LOs and papers)
-Please post your uglies after you receive them, that way even if you don’t get your LO done the sender will still be in the voting! Unless your sender is willing to wait to have their uglies in the following month! (This isn’t important if you received from me because I’m not in the voting anyhow!!)
-NEW! Starting February 2017: ONE of the papers can be shaped as long as it is CLOSE to 12 inches. Yes, including circles. If you have questions about the size, send me a PM with a photo of the papers together if you'd like so I can see the size comparison.
-If you are a brand new player please go ahead and sign up now.

Extra Notes:
-Easiest way to mail these is to put them between cardboard and tape the edges or you could put them in a tube and mail them that way.
-When/if you send double sided paper you can put an "X" or scribbles or writing on the side you DON'T want the recipient to use. Or, put a sticky note indicating which side to use! Just make sure you don't use something to mark with that is going to bleed through to the side you intended to be used!!

Edited by MrsCDJ on 07-25-18 11:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Examples:
Uglies: Not So Uglies:

JUNE'S WINNERS!
Layout:
Bee There~ By Lynnde

Uglies:
June 2018 Ugly Paper sent to CJ from Deanna!

random.org (because I can): Amanda!

Edited by MrsCDJ on 07-27-18 05:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

My Examples This Month:
0. CJ (MrsCDJ)
There just wasn't enough to go around! Don't worry, the next set of papers I send out will make up for it!

Tributes:
1. Deanna (Deanna Schuler)
2. Danelle (Lynnde)
Ugly: Not So Ugly:
3. Doreen (Doreena)
4. Char (charcats7)
5. Tayrah (AuntyT)
Ugly:
6. Jenny (liljenny1)
7. Sandra (sasload4)
8. Christy (Siimplcity) *using June papers*
Uglies: (voted on in June) Not So Ugly:

Edited by MrsCDJ on 08-04-18 02:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to MrsCDJ

I am in! WAHOO! June had me stumped for awhile... so I am ready to see what July brings!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Deanna Schuler

I am in!!!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to lynnde

Me please...
(I should have my June layout up in time... should)

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to Doreena

I'm going to sit out July - we are away so much with camping so I am worried I wouldn't get done.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Scrapanda

I'll be here- just won't be able to mail until the 6-7th..... heading to VEGAS tomorrow

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to charcats7

• charcats7 Said:
I'll be here- just won't be able to mail until the 6-7th..... heading to VEGAS tomorrow

Whoooot!
I'll be there on the 9th.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Doreena

June is posted...so now, definitely, officially in!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:
I'm going to sit out July - we are away so much with camping so I am worried I wouldn't get done.

I don't do camping if I can help it. I've very fond of indoor plumbing...and showers. I guess I'd be one of those "glam-pers."

Except now I don't have to be because, as the DH says, we live in a campground! So now I can do outdoor stuff, which I don't mind, and still take a shower!

In fact, both my SIL & BIL are planning "camping trips" here sometime time between now and Autumn, or so I've heard.

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Scrapanda Said:

I don't do camping if I can help it. I've very fond of indoor plumbing...and showers. I guess I'd be one of those "glam-pers."

Except now I don't have to be because, as the DH says, we live in a campground! So now I can do outdoor stuff, which I don't mind, and still take a shower!

In fact, both my SIL & BIL are planning "camping trips" here sometime time between now and Autumn, or so I've heard.

Oh we are most definitely glampers! No tents here! Not our cup of tea! We have a 32 foot trailer equipped with bathroom, shower, air conditioning and furnace!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Scrapanda

• Scrapanda Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • Scrapanda Said:

Oh we are most definitely glampers! No tents here! Not our cup of tea! We have a 32 foot trailer equipped with bathroom, shower, air conditioning and furnace!

Oh now that's my kinda camping...

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to Doreena

I don't do camping or glamping. It's what I call hibernation season, if it can't be done indoors with air conditioning then forget it. I work in the heat all day so the idea of sweating some more just isn't ideal.

Also I'm in.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • Scrapanda Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • Scrapanda Said:

Oh now that's my kinda camping...

^^What she said!

liljenny1
Diva
liljenny1
In response to MrsCDJ

I posted Better late then never. Sign me up for a always a yes again please.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to liljenny1

I'm in for July!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to sasload4

I didn't forget today was the 1st...YOU forgot today was the 1st!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to MrsCDJ

Hey!!! It's July 1st!!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Addresses are out! Yes, finally...

I was working on them and DH needed help, and that took longer than I thought it would. Then there was lunch to make...and now I have to go do dishes.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to MrsCDJ

My uglies will be headed north... but probably not until Tuesday... I am still at my mom's house... heading back home tomorrow!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde

I will get mine in the mail likely on Tuesday as well .... headed south... hmmmmmm

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to lynnde

Well, well, well, my super-duper go-well together combo are going to that gal, in that state ... BIG flowers, baby boy, and glitter, BUT maybe not ...

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
Well, well, well, my super-duper go-well together combo are going to that gal, in that state ... BIG flowers, baby boy, and glitter, BUT maybe not ...

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

Here are the links to the polls!

Go vote for the UGLIEST papers!

Go vote on the LAYOUTS!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • sasload4 Said:

Poor D...such a tortured soul...

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • sasload4 Said:

Exactly, so take pity...
::puppy dog eyes::

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • MrsCDJ Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • sasload4 Said:

Exactly, so take pity...
::puppy dog eyes::

After what you sent Christy in June, I'm sure she'll be more than happy to "take pity" on you!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

Wait what?
Do you all really think those papers were ugly?
I mean the Hello Kitty is perfect for her because she scraps a lot of kitty photos...
and the Popcorn paper is essentially a "neutral"
And she does a lot of "outside" photos so I figured lady-bugs would also work well!

::scratches head::

Are you all messing w/ me?!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Wait what?
I mean the Hello Kitty is perfect for her because she scraps a lot of kitty photos...
And she does a lot of "outside" photos so I figured lady-bugs would also work well!

Well I certainly wouldn't want them! And apparently they made Christy ill when she had to touch them!

But, I you, D ... you're all over there like, "I didn't mean for them to be THAT bad!"

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to MrsCDJ

By beautiful, sweet, fabulous papers were mailed out today

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to lynnde

I'm so glad those papers were posted about the time we're mailing.. maybe it will take the heat off of some of the papers being mailed out now... evil giggle... I mean... giggle

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Wait what?

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to Siimplicity

Doreena, that is so sweet that you thought of those items for me. Now I feel bad for puking...I will do my best to make something spectacular~~bugs, hello kitty's and popcorn....oh my.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• Siimplicity Said:
Doreena, that is so sweet that you thought of those items for me. Now I feel bad for puking...I will do my best to make something spectacular~~bugs, hello kitty's and popcorn....oh my.

And I feel bad for making you...puke! LOL

Edited by Doreena on 07-03-18 06:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Doreena

Mine did go out today... I almost forgot... they are a real treat. I think the colors match well. Anyone on here would LOVE them... but ladies if you are south of Missouri I fear you will miss out this month. Ladies up north... cross your fingers for a real treat.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

::Tries to figure out geography::

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Doreena

I forgot to bring my papers to work for mailing!

But what do you expect, it's "Monday"!
Yes, I had 2 Mondays this week since I was off yesterday for the holiday... sheesh!
I don't do well w/ Mondays...
even worse w/ 2nd Mondays

But I will mail out tomorrow.
I have to... I will be gone to Vegas starting Saturday and not returning until Wednesday.

Sorry, Ugly Partner!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

So... I received my papers today. WOW! What is with the animals...

July Ugly Paper By Deanna Schuler

Lucky for me my husband gave me a good idea!

Edited by Deanna Schuler on 07-05-18 01:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• Deanna Schuler Said:

I love those...
I'll trade you (I haven't received mine yet but still... I'll trade you)!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • Deanna Schuler Said:

I love those...
I'll trade you (I haven't received mine yet but still... I'll trade you)!

I already have an idea working for this... so the peacock paper has already been cut... I am printing pictures as we speak... I am sure you will now get really cool paper that I will want... but what's done is done!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler

AND DONE! (thanks to my hubby for the idea of using pictures from our trip to Big Joel's Safari Petting Zoo!

Big Joel's is for the birds By Deanna Schuler

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
::Tries to figure out geography::

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure you're technically south of Missouri...and really, really west of it!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Hey! Y'all remember that glitter paper Sandra sent Doreen a few months ago? You know, the one Doreen LOVED!

Hobby Lobby has that paper...

In multiple colors...

Just sayin'

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
Hey! Y'all remember that glitter paper Sandra sent Doreen a few months ago? You know, the one Doreen LOVED!

Hobby Lobby has that paper...

In multiple colors...

Just sayin'

I just threw up in my mouth a little!

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Doreena

*hands Doreena a breath mint*

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:

Thanks!
Speaking of things that make you puke...
I mailed out my uglies today.
Annndd....
I received my uglies today also.
I love one of the items I got most def! Thanks Tayrah

I'll post a photo later.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:

No, you had Doreena a few more sheets of that glitter paper and watch as she has a complete nervous breakdown!! Doreen, I wouldn't do that to you because you do come up with some really cute Los... hey, but wait a minute, I do have that one paper that just screams to be sent to you, no can't do it, I just couldn't ...

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
  • lynnde Said:

No, you had Doreena a few more sheets of that glitter paper and watch as she has a complete nervous breakdown!! Doreen, I wouldn't do that to you because you do come up with some really cute Los... hey, but wait a minute, I do have that one paper that just screams to be sent to you, no can't do it, I just couldn't ...

Be strong, Sandra! You CAN do it! I believe in you!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

My uglies from Tayrah:

Not bad (except for the flowers, ew...hideous, and I already have an idea!

And a cute RAK:

TY Tayrah

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to MrsCDJ

My uglies from Tayrah:

July Uglies By Doreena

Not bad (except for the flowers, ew...hideous) and I already have an idea!

And a cute RAK:

RAK from Aunty T By Doreena

TY Tayrah

Edited by Doreena on 07-07-18 08:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to MrsCDJ

Well- for me- I have a darn good reason NOT to do camping. Being in the Army spoiled every bit of the idea of "camping" - I might could do the motor coach thing- DH says a motor coach would allow me to get up and move around as well as make him a sandwich and bring him a beer.... as he drives

Edited by charcats7 on 07-07-18 12:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to charcats7

Well- I'm back from Vegas- had to take my dad to his pre-op appointment yesterday & today get some groceries.... this coming Tuesday is my dad's cochlear implant surgery... and to top things off- I messed up my shoulder somehow and it hurts to lift things- especially like off a hook, or to close the car door... have no clue what I did- but it was bothering me before vacation and now it's really acting up. So Monday I drive 60 miles (one way) to see my chiropractor/physical therapist to see what he recommends. He's worth the drive as he's the one who stopped my migraines- completely. Haven't had one since. So I do the drive.

Anyway- I am just now putting my partner's papers together- so so sorry I am running so late. I had intended to mail them Friday and barely got my dad to his appointment. It's like I left my brain in Vegas. I should have put "mail papers" as an item on my calendar so I would have remembered. Bad enough that I fussed to get the tablet charged for communicating with my dad with the doc- and left it in the car... I still feel like a space cadet today

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
My uglies from Tayrah:

July Uglies By Doreena

Not bad (except for the flowers, ew...hideous) and I already have an idea!

And a cute RAK:

RAK from Aunty T By Doreena

TY Tayrah

You're welcome. I thought the pig paper was cute but had no way of using it.

liljenny1
Diva
liljenny1
In response to AuntyT

Me papers went South. Pretty sure besides Amanda and I the most northern out of this group. Don’t cha know a. 😂

They should have arrived Thursday. I got mine they are still unopened. My friend likes seeing them at the sametime as me. So I’ll be opening them tomorrow.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to liljenny1

Mailed out mine on Monday- should be delivered tomorrow...

Got mine- need to take a photo...

My dad's Cochlear surgery went well- we didn't get home last night until 11pm. Loooonnnngggg day.

The chiropractor helped my shoulder Monday- today I had a massage and worked out some soreness from Monday's visit. I go back the chiro on Friday.

Saturday is CRAFT DAY and several of my girls are able to come this time- so excited. That also means I need to CLEAN up down there so everyone has room to work. Including me.

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to charcats7

Thanks Doreen for the papers, I actually like them!!

JULY 2018 UGLY CHALLENGE By Sasload4

My papers should be delivered tomorrow. I'm sorry they are late, but my body is on vacation. My left shoulder has a trapped nerve, so reaching to the right, behind my back and above my head is torture, then I have an infected toe that is refusing to clear up, the PT and the doctor said that both need to be rested up, quite a sight to see.

Char - So glad that your Dad's surgery went well. I hope your shoulder is doing better.

Tayrah - You're too kind!! I can't wait to see what Doreen does with the pig paper.

Jenny - Let's see these beauties!!

Doreen - Hope the fires are not effecting your area where you live.

Edited by sasload4 on 07-11-18 06:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:

Sandra, you need your eye checked

Christy would you rather have these or the "puke-inducing" papers I sent you?!

Edited by Doreena on 07-11-18 06:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Doreena

My papers from Char ~ I am LOVING the black snowman paper... and I like the halloween paper too.. tricky together though.. I've got a few ideas

July Ugly Papers~ By Lynnde

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:

My papers should be delivered tomorrow. I'm sorry they are late, but my body is on vacation. My left shoulder has a trapped nerve, so reaching to the right, behind my back and above my head is torture, then I have an infected toe that is refusing to clear up, the PT and the doctor said that both need to be rested up, quite a sight to see.

Char - So glad that your Dad's surgery went well. I hope your shoulder is doing better.

Tayrah - You're too kind!! I can't wait to see what Doreen does with the pig paper.

Jenny - Let's see these beauties!!

Doreen - Hope the fires are not effecting your area where you live.

They're not...
and (unfortunately) they're so common I hardly notice them anymore.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Doreena

here are mine from Jenny (I think)
And they are too easy... yet- maybe too easy isn't good...

July Uglies By Charcats7

Edited by charcats7 on 07-12-18 10:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
My papers from Char ~ I am LOVING the black snowman paper... and I like the halloween paper too.. tricky together though.. I've got a few ideas

July Ugly Papers~ By Lynnde

Have fun - I could not STAND that snowman paper- well- the corresponding paper that went with it was wayyy worse- thus they got put in my ugly stash to go out....

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to charcats7

I got my papers, I'm going to need a few days to recover from the shock.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to AuntyT

• AuntyT Said:
I got my papers, I'm going to need a few days to recover from the shock.

The shock of how lovely they are?

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT

My papers! Now I need to go buy a Harley, pink heels and stage a photo session in the snow.

July Uglies By AuntyT

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to AuntyT

I've been ... occupied ... the last few days. I'll be able to get ACU tomorrow ... I think.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to AuntyT

• AuntyT Said:
My papers! Now I need to go buy a Harley, pink heels and stage a photo session in the snow.

July Uglies By AuntyT

Oh my... that sounds like the way "certain types of movies" begin...

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to Doreena

Got mine started today..hope to finish it up tomorrow

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to AuntyT

• AuntyT Said:

July Uglies By AuntyT

What? What? What? You don't like them Tayrah?

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
  • AuntyT Said:

July Uglies By AuntyT

What? What? What? You don't like them Tayrah?

I really don't like them. My mom likes the shoes though.

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to lynnde

• lynnde Said:
Got mine started today..hope to finish it up tomorrow

Well, that didn't happen..... I will try and get mine done next weekend.... I need to figure out how to become independently wealthy... Time shouldn't be an issue then

lynnde
lynnde 
Governor
lynnde
In response to lynnde

I got it done!!!! Used both papers and my embellishment AND.. I used part of my papers from last month!!

The Farm~ By Lynnde

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to lynnde

I am currently sitting in the parking lot waiting for DS2...

I swear I'll get everything ACU as soon as I can sit at my actual computer for more than 0.2 seconds without an interruption!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Well I'm getting to sit down for a few right now...

Before I attempt to get ACU, I have an announcement to make!

I need a volunteer to give out addresses on August 1st! I will be out of town from EARLY July 31st - LATE August 3rd. And that's assuming everything goes according to plan!

I'll make the August thread, and I'll email the volunteer the Excel worksheet (that I inherited 3 years ago) that helps to keep track of everyone...all I need is someone who has been DYING to make sure everyone gets what they deserve their address on time!

If there is more than one volunteer, I'll random.org a "winner." (Seriously, I think I just heard EVERYONE say "OMG I can make sure SHE gets papers from HER!!"

Edited by MrsCDJ on 07-20-18 01:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to MrsCDJ

I can do it... that will be my last week of freedom before school starts... so that works perfectly!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4

If I were tech savvy then I would volunteer and probably have a really good time with addresses.

I'm planning on working on my LO in a little while just a few more chores to do.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to sasload4

Do you want to know the greatest part of NOT doing addresses?

Nobody will think I targeted them specifically with the papers I have put together...HL had 50% off papers when I was there Thursday...although I think they should have paid ME for taking them off their hands. No seriously...I'm not even going to try and pretend to be an .

I am going to pack up these papers BEFORE I leave so all they need is an address as soon as I get back! (I MIGHT even convince DH to put the address on and mail them BEFORE I'm home & my conscious kicks in!)

And, thank you so much for volunteering Deanna! (And did anyone else sign in relief upon finding out Sandra wasn't tech savvy? Just me? I mean, a Scot in charge of revenge?? )

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to MrsCDJ

I suddenly feel like I am in the Hunger Games and just volunteered as tribute! It's cool I can handle it... I don't accept bribes ( unless you have some old Our lil monster by Bo Bunny laying around) LOL!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• Deanna Schuler Said:
I suddenly feel like I am in the Hunger Games and just volunteered as tribute! It's cool I can handle it... I don't accept bribes ( unless you have some old Our lil monster by Bo Bunny laying around) LOL!

Well, now you know that's why the name of this challenge was changed to "the Ugly Games"! Muahahahaha!

Doreena
Queen
Doreena
In response to Doreena

Here's my layout...
Just FYI -
I have been wanting to scrap these photos since July 8th...
of last year!
Thanks for the papers that finally motivated me to do it, Tayrah!

1st Page
Includes both papers and 2 of the embellishments:
Not All Heroes Wear Capes By Doreena

2nd Page/Back
Includes 1 uglies/ punched a circle to frame the doggie bowl sticker: Not All Heroes Wear Capes - Journaling By Doreena

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

• Deanna Schuler Said:

I have a sudden urge to find some appropriate bribery material...

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to MrsCDJ

I am teasing about the bribery... maybe.... But if anyone has extra of that line laying around...I would be willing to do a trade... I have a lot of old Bo Bunny that haven't been able to use with my boys!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

Go sign up for August so Deanna can happily hand out names while I watch DS1 graduate from basic training!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Did I really just get the front up-to-date?

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to MrsCDJ

Hey look! It's June's winners!

Layout:
Bee There~ By Lynnde

Uglies:

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to MrsCDJ

Anyone heard from Jenny? Last time I saw her post she said her papers had arrived but she was waiting to open them... I didn't think they were THAT bad... oh oh!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

• Deanna Schuler Said:
Anyone heard from Jenny? Last time I saw her post she said her papers had arrived but she was waiting to open them... I didn't think they were THAT bad... oh oh!

She'll probably appear on the 31st!

Jenny has one of those lives that make me tired just thinking about! BUT she is on auto sign-up because of that. She had been working 80+ hours/week, then in June they bought a new house!

Deanna Schuler
Idol
Deanna Schuler
In response to MrsCDJ

Okay... I was starting to FEEL TERRIBLE! I thought I had chased another one away!

Scrapanda
Queen
Scrapanda
In response to MrsCDJ

• MrsCDJ Said:
Hey look! It's June's winners!

Layout:
Bee There~ By Lynnde

Uglies:

Oooh thanks!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to Scrapanda

Here is my LO for this month.

BEFORE

AFTER

I LOVE KINDERGARTEN By Sasload4

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to sasload4

Congratulations to all the winners!!

CJ - Us Scots may not all be tech savvy, BUT we do have other ways of getting revenge!!

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ
In response to sasload4

• sasload4 Said:
Congratulations to all the winners!!

CJ - Us Scots may not all be tech savvy, BUT we do have other ways of getting revenge!!

Bah! I'm not worried...you don't have my new address!
(And even if you did, you can't find my house! I just pictured a random package of HORRIBLE papers being hand delivered! )

Edited by MrsCDJ on 07-28-18 04:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to MrsCDJ

here is mine-

original papers as a reminder

July Uglies By Charcats7

layout-

Back Stage By Charcats7

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • sasload4 Said:

I'd rather have those!! I have finished my "puke-inducing" layout and have thrown away the scraps!!

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity
In response to AuntyT

• AuntyT Said:

July Uglies By AuntyT

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity

And here it is...finally!

Not a roar... By Siimplicity

Siimplicity
Idol
Siimplicity

Just an FYI...I'm gonna sit August out. Life is getting busy here and this beautiful weather is making it very difficult to get on the computer these days.

MrsCDJ
MrsCDJ 
Mayor
MrsCDJ

If I don't make it back before I go to bed EARLY so I can get up at 3am, I'll be back at the computer on the 4th!

After I'm back, I'll make sure this is all up to date and I'll make the polls. No need to PM votes, there were only 8 tributes this month.

Edited by MrsCDJ on 07-30-18 05:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Queen
Doreena

• Siimplicity Said:
  • Doreena Said:
  • sasload4 Said:

I'd rather have those!! I have finished my "puke-inducing" layout and have thrown away the scraps!!

What really... I'm still in shock! So much for trying to be nice, LOL

charcats7
Queen
charcats7
In response to Doreena

getting my uglies ready to mail- I can't believe tomorrow is the FIRST of August

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics