Username Post: NEW OPEN January heritage challenge OPEN ALL MONTH        (Topic#1675377)
anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

Do you have boxes and albums and envelopes full of photos that you took long ago or that you inherited and promised that you would scrap someday?
Well to help you arrive at someday here is a little bit of motivation that might help.
Jon this challenge and scrap those wonderful old photos
we are using photos from any decade
you can use pages that you did recently

***Please make sure to Allow Public Embedding****

You may use this for other challenges too

Digi is ok too
may scrap as many as you want & post them here.

IDEAS for January
You do not need to use the ideas

Whatever you scrap this month will be wonderful!

we have New years eve and new years day....it used to a drink and be merry for the new years eve. there are tougher drinking laws so lots of people do not drink very much anymore. lots of people go to New york city to celebrate. . On new years day a time to relax and enjoy the bright promise of the new year lots of people have dinners to celebrate. do you have a photo of your family member celebrating the new year? make a page.

we also have Australia day a national holiday in Austrailia celebrating naational pride. were any of you ancestors from Austraia? do a page

1954 the 1st atomic submarine was launched. The USS Nautilus
were any of your relatives on a submarine? or in the Navy? do a page

1872 Edmund Rumpler was an Austrian auto and airplane builders. were any of your relatives from Austria? do a page

1743 John Fitch invented a steamboat. did any of you ancestors come to this country by ship? do a page.

1870 Joseph B Strauss was the civil engineer who built the Golden Gate bridge. do you have photos of your family at the Golden gate bridge? do a page

1854BD James G Frazier was a Scottish scientist. were any of your ancestors from Scotland? do a page

1850 Lawrence Hargrave invented a box kite do you have a photo of your family with a kite? do a page.
we also have step in a puddle day do a page of kids in your family playing

KIng Gilette invented the safety razor we have male watchers day. do a page about a man in your line.

we have dress up your pet day. d a page about a beloved family pet

we also have letter writing week do you have any letters from an ancestor? do a page

we have house plant appreciation did any of your family members love plants? do a page,

we have national hat day do a page about a family member wearing a hat.

we have Martin Luthur King day... he became one of the greatest social activists the woorld has known do a page about him or a family member tat fought for civil rights .

1913 William Burton got a patent foramanufacture of gasoline.
1853Andre Michelin invented Michilin Tires. do a page about a family car.

we have spouses day..a day to appreciate your better half. we also have cuddle up day.. we have national hugging day. do a page about some beautiful lovers in your line

we have national bird day..people love birds..did you have any bird lovers in your family? do a page

we have national hobby month..did anyone in your line have hobbies? do a page

we have national puzzle day there are puzzles of all kinds. did anyone in your line love puzzles? do a pag

1925 agronomist GEorge Washington Carver got a patent for cosmetics.. do a page about a beautiful woman in your line

1929 the 1st outdoor feature length talking motion picture the film was called old Arizona. do a page about your family going to a drive in movie

1924 Carl Taylor of Cleveland patented a machine that made ice cream cones. do a page about going out to get ice cream

Have fun
Linda

1. NMscrapper Carol
2. sewflake Sharon
3. boricupr Linda
4. NVmagpie Susan
5. bears99
6. dynwv Denise
7. groovy deborah
8. gluemoregirl Maria
9. eapipken Elizabeth

Christmas Traditions By Nvmagpie

Schmale Visit '75 By Nvmagpie

Gratuate By Sewflake

Commencement By Sewflake

Beach Babe By Sewflake

Happy Couple By Sewflake

Sister Confidence By Sewflake

Family - Sweeter than Fiction By Sewflake

Snapshot Family Friends By Nvmagpie

anniversary By Kel3

url=https://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 6261695.html][/url] Never Stop Dreaming By Sewflake

Just Helen By Sewflake

url=https://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 6263815.html][/url] Uncle TJ By Eapipkin

Edited by anda11 on 01-18-19 09:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

NMscrapper
Governor
NMscrapper
In response to anda11

I'll try to get one done!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to NMscrapper

As you can see in my gallery I am working with heritage photos now. Have plans for more next year so..
I'm in!

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 12-31-18 03:56 PM
In response to Sewflake

I'm in

Governor
In response to Kel3

Hi Linda and all us heritage lovers! New Year, new goals, so I'm in!

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to boricuapr

Just sharing - did these just recently in December

bears99
Diva
bears99
In response to nvmagpie

Thanks For the info. I am in!

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 01-03-19 07:11 AM
In response to bears99

Hello Linda! Joining in, I have a few ideas and might even get started on one of them this weekend! Fingers crossed {very tightly}

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to DYnWV

My first two pages for 2019

Gratuate By Sewflake

Commencement By Sewflake

Both pages are 8x8, photos taken in 1943 of my mother.

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah
In response to Sewflake

I’m in!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Groovy Deborah

Four more pages for heritage album...
Beach Babe By Sewflake
Happy Couple By Sewflake

Doing only two at a time as half the time it won't post!!!

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Sewflake

I will be adding journaling to the back side of my layouts as I find I don't always have room on the front.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to NMscrapper

• NMscrapper Said:
I'll try to get one done!

I am so glad that you are joining us again Carol there is never any pressure to finish here

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
As you can see in my gallery I am working with heritage photos now. Have plans for more next year so..
I'm in!

I am so glad that you are joining us again Sharon heritage photos are sure fun to work on

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kel3

• Kel3 Said:
I'm in

I am so happy that you are joining us Kel

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
Hi Linda and all us heritage lovers! New Year, new goals, so I'm in!

I am so happy that you are joining us again Linda you sound much better than you were there

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to nvmagpie

• nvmagpie Said:
Just sharing - did these just recently in December

I am so glad you are joining us again Susan
such a wonderful page Susan such great joournaling too love the papers, title great photos too

this is another wonderful page Susan love t he papers, design strips of journaling

Edited by anda11 on 01-04-19 02:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to bears99

• bears99 Said:
Thanks For the info. I am in!

I am so happy that you are joining us hon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to DYnWV

• DYnWV Said:
Hello Linda! Joining in, I have a few ideas and might even get started on one of them this weekend! Fingers crossed {very tightly}

I am so happy that you are joining us Denise do not worry.. I know that you work a lot

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
My first two pages for 2019

Gratuate By Sewflake

Commencement By Sewflake

Both pages are 8x8, photos taken in 1943 of my mother.

such a beautiful layout of your beautiful mother love the paper, frame journal box, wording

another beautiful page of your beautiful mother love the paper and all accesories.

Edited by anda11 on 01-04-19 03:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Groovy Deborah

• Groovy Deborah Said:
I’m in!

I am so happy that you are joining us Deborah

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
Four more pages for heritage album...
Beach Babe By Sewflake
Happy Couple By Sewflake

Doing only two at a time as half the time it won't post!!!

such a beautiful page Sharon, love the papers, design, frame, laces, flowers title

another beautiful page Sharon love the papers, title, frame great photo

Edited by anda11 on 01-04-19 03:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:

I will be adding journaling to the back side of my layouts as I find I don't always have room on the front.

another beautiful page Sharon love the papers, deisgn, lace border, flowers such great photos

another beautiful page love the papers, design, bling words great photos

Edited by anda11 on 01-04-19 03:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gluemore girl
Guru
gluemore girl
In response to anda11

Add me in for this month, Linda! Found some oldies but goodies!

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 01-05-19 10:28 AM
In response to gluemore girl

JCI and getting ACU

nvmagpie
Governor
nvmagpie
In response to anda11

Here is another one.

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 01-06-19 04:32 PM
In response to anda11

url=https://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 6262039.html][/url] anniversary By Kel3

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 01-06-19 04:41 PM
In response to Kel3

I might have one more.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kel3

Never Stop Dreaming By Sewflake

Just Helen By Sewflake

I am going to have 3 pages of the album with no pictures to put in them, I will do some journaling of what I know about the photos, time wise, who the other people are...there is so much "history" that gets lost over the years because we never ask.

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 01-07-19 12:40 PM
In response to Sewflake

I agree, i did a lot of journaling in my family album so things will be remembered years to come.

Sewflake
Governor
Sewflake
In response to Kel3

I have two pages of journaling done, I need to finish up the writing in a day or two then get them to fit the 8x8 pages. It has been fun making this album but I am ready to go on to something else.
It won't be heritage.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to gluemore girl

• gluemore girl Said:
Add me in for this month, Linda! Found some oldies but goodies!

I am so happy that you are joining us Maria

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to DYnWV

• DYnWV Said:
JCI and getting ACU

HI Denise

eapipkin
Governor
eapipkin
In response to anda11

Hi Linda! I ended up doing a heritage layout this week so here it is for the challenge:

Uncle TJ By Eapipkin

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 01-12-19 09:36 AM
In response to eapipkin

I noticed my other link didn't work so just reposting anniversary By Kel3

Edited by Kel3 on 01-12-19 09:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kel3

I am sorry but I have been feeling bad for days I am not sure why

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to nvmagpie

• nvmagpie Said:
Here is another one.

such a wonderful page Susan love the papers, design, filmstrip title, great photo

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kel3

• Kel3 Said:
I noticed my other link didn't work so just reposting anniversary By Kel3

such a gorgeous page Kel love the beautiful paper beautiful pearl bling, crystal heart such a great story and photo

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
Never Stop Dreaming By Sewflake

Just Helen By Sewflake

I am going to have 3 pages of the album with no pictures to put in them, I will do some journaling of what I know about the photos, time wise, who the other people are...there is so much "history" that gets lost over the years because we never ask.

this is wonderful Sharon love the background paper, great idea to use those letters beautiful woman
another beautiful page of your beautiful mother I use original photos in my heritage albums too

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Sewflake

• Sewflake Said:
I have two pages of journaling done, I need to finish up the writing in a day or two then get them to fit the 8x8 pages. It has been fun making this album but I am ready to go on to something else.
It won't be heritage.

I am glad that you got 2 more pages of journaling done you have been cranking out a lot of these pages so I can see why you need to take a break

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to eapipkin

• eapipkin Said:
Hi Linda! I ended up doing a heritage layout this week so here it is for the challenge:

Uncle TJ By Eapipkin

I am so happy that you are joining us again Elizabeth
I am glad that you are back to making layouts again after all this time

this page is just amazing Elizabeth love the bkgd paper, buttons keys, rope,clocks, drywall tape such a great photo and postcard

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am all caught up with these fabulous pages

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

we are getting snow tonight and tomorrow that may have ice. they will know later where and if.. my husband has been not feeling well some days so my daughter came over to clean our house. she also went to the store so our freezer is full and so is the fridge so we will be ok today is my dear sons birthday so I got out one of his pages I started to work on. I may do that next

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just remembered something funny that someone posted on the other board I started a long running post about things we remember from our childhood we had all different ages on there someone posted that she had her daughter go to Disneyland or world and her daughter was wearing those jelly shoes that were popular in the 80s my daughter had lots of stuff that was that jelly stuff her shoes started melting on the pavement so she put in a sanita ry napkin? pad to keep her feet from burning

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just chec king in again

Governor
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
I just remembered something funny that someone posted on the other board I started a long running post about things we remember from our childhood we had all different ages on there someone posted that she had her daughter go to Disneyland or world and her daughter was wearing those jelly shoes that were popular in the 80s my daughter had lots of stuff that was that jelly stuff her shoes started melting on the pavement so she put in a sanita ry napkin? pad to keep her feet from burning

Linda - it looks like your feeling better . This story is too funny!! I needed a good laugh this week. Life is still crazy and just hope it calms down so I can go to me retreat in a couple weeks. I had been working on a design for our JN May paper doll meetup I was going to "host", but got email from LSS this afternoon she's closing March 1st. Spent the day on phone, texts and emails trying to figure out what were going to do going forward. I hope to get time in my room tomorrow and get a couple in process finished and into albums.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
  • anda11 Said:

Linda - it looks like your feeling better . This story is too funny!! I needed a good laugh this week. Life is still crazy and just hope it calms down so I can go to me retreat in a couple weeks. I had been working on a design for our JN May paper doll meetup I was going to "host", but got email from LSS this afternoon she's closing March 1st. Spent the day on phone, texts and emails trying to figure out what were going to do going forward. I hope to get time in my room tomorrow and get a couple in process finished and into albums.

I am sorry that your life is crazy I do hope that you are able to go to your retreat after all I am deeply sorry that your lss is closing
do you have any other lss there? we had so many lss in our city over the years. 17 I think. but they all closed but 1 that is kinda far from me

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just c hecking in again

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 01-20-19 11:02 AM
In response to anda11

JCI and ACU! I still haven't managed to lock down exactly what I want to do for this challenge. I'll work harder on that issue! I did get some inspiration while catching up, so who knows!

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 01-20-19 03:47 PM
In response to anda11

sorry to hear you're feeling bad hope things get better soon. thanks for the comments on my page I decided to use some different embellies for a change I like the pearl string thought it was pretty. I like swirly things

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to DYnWV

• DYnWV Said:
JCI and ACU! I still haven't managed to lock down exactly what I want to do for this challenge. I'll work harder on that issue! I did get some inspiration while catching up, so who knows!

thanks for checking in again Denise there is never any pressure here to finish one you know

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kel3

• Kel3 Said:
sorry to hear you're feeling bad hope things get better soon. thanks for the comments on my page I decided to use some different embellies for a change I like the pearl string thought it was pretty. I like swirly things

thanks hon I loved the pearls and crysstals

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

My computer has been dieing for months. it goes off by itself sometimes.. I am not always able to tuen the button back on unlwess Dave helps me. it is a very very old computer. if you do not hear from me that could be why I would be heartsick if I am not able to talk to all of my freinds here my son gave me a laptop for xmas but it is an apple.. to be honest I do a huge amount of copy and pasting for this challenge every day and I prefer to have a mouse and keyboard to do that.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just checking in again this Tuesday dear freinds

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am just checking in again this weds my dear freinds

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I have wonderful news I really prefer to have one like mine I told my daughter about my computer and she told my husband that she or her boyfreind are going to save what is on mine now and I am going to get another tower to replace it my husband has one that was a great one. or we are going to buy another one I am so happy since I can't drive and have HD I spend many many hours on mine I thought what my son gave me was a wonderful gift and I feel bad not wanting to use it so my husband uses a tablet that my son gave him to get online so I gave him mine which is great cause it has a huge amount of memory for him

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 01-24-19 10:29 AM
In response to anda11

Oh that is good news! It's more than frustrating when your means of communication with the outside world is hindered! Congratulations!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to DYnWV

I am worried sick again.. dave wanted to drive to the er at 4 30 am cause his throat was closing. I told my daughter and she drove him. it was a heart atttack I sure hate being alone he has to stay a bit.. I sure hope he come home very soon. my daughter came over to get his stuff this afternoon and took a short nap which was good. she just called me and I said I hate being alone and she and her boyfreind are coming over for a bit thankfully. sometimes my computer goes off and I can restart it my self. sometimes I need my husband to push it to get it started. I sure hope that I am able to talk to you all during this time. I hope my computer stays on all night

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to DYnWV

• DYnWV Said:
Oh that is good news! It's more than frustrating when your means of communication with the outside world is hindered! Congratulations!

thanks hon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

someone asked me if I have any freinds or family to help.. I have no local freinds left when Dave was in before my neice came over to visit and bring food so I asked her and she is coming over at noon tomorrow with food thankfully

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 01-26-19 11:24 AM
In response to anda11

so sorry to hear that. Hope everything is ok.

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to Kel3

Jumping in with this page that I scrapped of my dad and some of his siblings. Be back later to catch up!

{Sew} Cute ~ FotoBella DT By DreaSlee

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kel3

dave is still in the hospital. I sure hate being alone my daughter got a weather alert on her phone for frigid cold 20 or 50 below... possible wind it is possible that cars wont start. I have been worried sick because the wind can take out your power. I have been worried sick that the power will go out when I am alone here . I told my neice about it and why I was worrying... she showed me her phone weather forecast for the week and some of the days are high temps one day weds..was the cold it did not show any wind at all. I am so glad she showed me....dave did not have a heart attack. he is still having these episodes where he cant breath in his mouth
he was having lots some days. they were making him feel bad..
the dr thinks it could be one of 2 things...he could not remember the one but the other was something ventricular tachardia
he said that you could cure it with a simple surgery. he said that they are figuring it out . I sure hope he comes home soon I really hate being alone... I am scared something will happen and I will be alone. my daughter said she was not coming over here today yesterday which made me sad but she changed her mind and is coming after she gets off work. she did come here to get something and took a short nap one day then came back with her boyfreind for a bit. she knows that I hate being alone. I hate to make her feelo bad but she said she understood... my stomach has been hurting since he went in and I have diarrhea today. I wish I felt better

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

I could not get my old computer on at all... my daughter was going to bring daves laptop but for got.. we were sitting and ang saw another tower. and big box full of computer parts.. my wonderful daughter and her boyfeind put this one together and cleaned it. so here I am they cleaned, vacummed did lots of laundry, gave me a shower I am a bit upset.. they think Dave has congestive heart failure.. it all depend on how bad it is my son told my daughter that he will come up if we really need him and we do.. it is possible he may have to stay longer at the hospital. I am worried about him... my daughter stayed for many hours here.. she ssaid she will come over tomorrow after the
I am going to ask my neice to come over tomorrow again
because I will be worried about Dave.... I have decided to quit doing my heritage challenge

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

he does have congestive heart failure but I just learned it can be managed with medications, diet and exercise.which is good. I talked to him and they said he is coming home in 2 days probably.

DYnWV
DYnWV 
Angel
DYnWV
  • DYnWV on 01-31-19 06:54 AM
In response to anda11

Oh Linda, I am so sorry to hear about everything going on with you. I wish I lived close.
I do pray that Dave gets the surgery/help he needs and recovers with a clean bill of health.
Please keep in touch with info on his progress.

Governor
In response to DYnWV

Linda - please still visit the different challenges and let us know how you and Dave are doing. Sending you all the best. Hubby has arrhythmia and had some procedures a few years ago and doing sooo much better. Nowt that we know it runs in his family, we are more careful tracking his blood pressure and heart rate.

Hope he gets home soon!

Kel3
Kel3 
Mayor
Kel3
  • Kel3 on 02-02-19 07:31 AM
In response to anda11

That's good tha tit can be taken care of with medication. Hope you can get your computer issues figured out

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to DreaSlee

• DreaSlee Said:
Jumping in with this page that I scrapped of my dad and some of his siblings. Be back later to catch up!

{Sew} Cute ~ FotoBella DT By DreaSlee

this page is adorable I love the papers, title, flowers, buttons, quilt design, paper dolls what an adorablle photo

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to DYnWV

• DYnWV Said:
Oh Linda, I am so sorry to hear about everything going on with you. I wish I lived close.
I do pray that Dave gets the surgery/help he needs and recovers with a clean bill of health.
Please keep in touch with info on his progress.

thanks for the thoughts hon

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to boricuapr

• boricuapr Said:
Linda - please still visit the different challenges and let us know how you and Dave are doing. Sending you all the best. Hubby has arrhythmia and had some procedures a few years ago and doing sooo much better. Nowt that we know it runs in his family, we are more careful tracking his blood pressure and heart rate.

Hope he gets home soon!

Dave has had heart problems for many years since he was in his 40s. .

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Kel3

• Kel3 Said:
That's good tha tit can be taken care of with medication. Hope you can get your computer issues figured out

I agree with you I do have a new tower thankfully since my daughter and her boyfreind saw it in the living room and put it in my desk thankfully

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Dave has been home for some time thankfully

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to anda11

Sorry I didn't get one in on time been busy. I been trying my best to get back into doing more layouts. I've a bunch of paper I order recently in the last few months. I just need to get started. I guess I'll at some point lol. Nice layouts ladies enjoy looking at them.

Justie

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to justartguy007

• justartguy007 Said:
Sorry I didn't get one in on time been busy. I been trying my best to get back into doing more layouts. I've a bunch of paper I order recently in the last few months. I just need to get started. I guess I'll at some point lol. Nice layouts ladies enjoy looking at them.

Justie

I am always so glad that you are checking in again Justie
maybe you will be able to do on soon

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics