Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: VCW Week #181 Last Scraps of Summer        (Topic#1541171)
VCW
VCW 
Veteran
VCW
  • VCW on 08-20-10 04:01 AM

What is this thread about?

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular," but we're always open to newcomers. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave updates about yourself
Here
This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most of us also really love BLING and encourage bling usage...some to the point of "pimping" but hey, whatever gets the blingy point across!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to VCW

Morning!

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to BlingQueenRia

Good Morning!!!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

Morning!

Liz - I hop PT helps D: so sorry that you are in pain.

Ria - Don't know how I missed them before, but the pics of your daughter are adorable!

Jennie - I hope you guys can work things out with the school, what a headache!

I'm doing laundry today. But, I have a job interview at 5! Administrative Assistant for a company that imports area rugs :D. I also have a job interview on the 31st for an office secretary position at the health department :D. That one's the one I'd prefer to have, it's part time (32 hours) so I'm hoping it will work around my school schedule easily. It's also right down the road from my college. The rug place's pay rate is higher though, so I guess we'll just have to see how it works out. Wish me luck!

DH is feeling better today. He doesn't like the anti-swelling meds they put him on though, they make him sick. He's also a little sad because he doesn't think he's going to be able to go golfing tomorrow. Says he can feel it pull on the stitches when he practices swinging D:. He might have to wait till next weekend, as we're hoping they take the stitches out at his follow-up appointment on Thursday.

Back to the laundry!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-20-10 06:58 AM
In response to DesiLee

Morning everyone! Happy Friday! Hopefully today will be a good day here at work. I HOPE to have a laid back Friday! I have plans to go home this evening and scrap a little after I finish up some cleaning at the house. I usually clean on Saturday but tomorrow I am going to mom's to finish sewing my purse!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-20-10 06:58 AM
In response to LeeLo

Desi, good luck on your interview!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to LeeLo

Morning

Just saw what Cricut cartridges are retiring. Now I have to go get Zooballo, not sure if I want the Soccer Cartridge or not.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to foltzy

Thanks Leah!

Laundry's about half finished. I don't know how two people manage to wear so many articles of clothing in a week... I can only imagine what it's going to be like when we have children... lol.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to DesiLee

Need to do laundry today. I now wash about every other day and there are only 4 of us.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to DesiLee

Good Afternoon Ladies
Liz-I know all about the pain right now, I cry alt too and ask God of it will ever stop, I sure hope yours gets better soon, hopefully the PT will do some good Also good luck with choosing cartridges, I wish I had a cricut to have to choose

Ria- I have to say sorry too, with all the pain meds I seemed to have missed your dd pics as well, I went back and looked and oh my God she is gorgeous!

Desi- Good Luck with both interviews,Dont stress, God will give you the one that is right for you!

Leah- Happy Friday to you, I hope you get everything done that you want to today

Liz

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to Scrap Chica

I have been looking at alot of the new (or new to me)blogs that everyone has been doing, I signed up for gmail so I could sign up for blogspot, but then I got stuck, I have no idea what to do a blog about, I mean obviously something to do with scrapping but I dont know how to teach things so I am at a loss, any ideas?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Thanks for the lovely comments about my baby girl. I think she's darling in whatever she wears but then again I'm partial. :). Today she had PE so she went in a yellow tee, jeans with flowers and bling embroidered on them, and her new sneakers. She had her Silly Bandz on one arm and I'd put her hair up in a ponytail secured with a "Max" scrunchie. It's an orange tabby striped scrunchy with a kitty face on it. It looks like Max.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica

Ria, I bet she was just adorable in that outfit

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

I use blogger. My blog is new and at the moment I use it for my weight stuff. I also have a few things on there about every day life and eventually I want to start doing crafting stuff on it. It's my first time blogging.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to foltzy

Yes Liz this will be first time too, thanks for your insight

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

I don't even know if I'm doing it right Laura but I kind of like it. It's fun for me to watch and see what I do. Reminds me I need to update last nights stuff.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-20-10 11:57 AM
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
Need to do laundry today. I now wash about every other day and there are only 4 of us.

I do laundry pretty much every single day of the week and there are just 3 of us! I cannot figure out how we have so much! I usually do a load of whites and a load of colors every day. All of our towels/washclothes are white and I bleach them. DS can wear more clothes than any teenager I've ever seen! I also wash my good work clothes separately from the rest.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-20-10 11:58 AM
In response to LeeLo

I have never had a blog. I think it would be interesting, but I have no idea what I would blog about! Are you all worried about privacy? What are your limits on what you will put on there?

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to LeeLo

I have a blog for my wedding invites, a blog I just started for crafts that really doesn't have anything on it yet, and the blog I had for house hunting that I haven't used in foreeeever. The first two are blogger the last one is wordpress. I try not to get into very personal things on them.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to LeeLo

At the moment my blog can only be read by people I invite. I'm pretty much keeping it private for now.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to foltzy

Mine is in my siggy. So far it's mostly scrappy stuff with some kid stuff.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DesiLee

Liz: Sorry about your arm and everything else, sweetie.

Desi: Good luck! At least you're getting interviews - it's a step in the right direction!

Liz: Just out of curiosity...how many Cricut carts do you have? Because it seems like you're one of those people who makes an effort to go grab the ones that are retiring.

Laura: Have they given you any idea about recovery time? This pain you're dealing with seems unreal.

"HI" to everyone else!

We're still sort of in limbo with the school. They hadn't done anything yet with Kim's appeal (because of the massive workload this week), but are trying hard to get them all processed before the actual payout date three weeks into the semester (i.e. mid-September).

The good news is: The guy we talked to, based on waht we told him, said that Kim's appeal should be approved. If it is, then she'll have to sign a contract that she'll stick with the class plan, not take any random extra classes (which she isn't anyhow), and not take more than two extra semesters to finish her degree (which is exactly what she's on target to do anyhow). If that works, the financial aid will be unfrozen and she'll get her money for this semester.

The bad news is: If for some reason they DON'T approve her appeal, she won't even get this year's worth of financial aid (even tho' she's still under her time limit for another year) and we're back to financing everything ourselves...and I don't know how we'll manage that if she's doing school full-time, not working, and still living on her own.

So prayers would definitely be appreciated for them to approve her appeal. Otherwise, we'll be setting up the Get Kim Through School Fund and you'll be able to donate via Paypal.

I may be scarcer than usual for a few days. Yesterday I was all caught up with typing, so told my boss I could do a semi-rush depo that she recorded yesterday. I got it this morning - it's 3.5 hours of recording...and at least with the first one, they talk fast and talk over each other a lot. So it'll take awhile. THEN I finally got hold of the public defender whom I recorded some for nearly a month ago, and he FINALLY decided he wanted them typed up. So now I have four to do.

I'm thankful for the work I'm thankful for the work I'm thankful for the work....

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to c-leaper

I only have about 43 cartridges. The only reason to get the soccer cart is for Cierra's book, she played soccer for 3 years (She just stopped playing this year). Still not sure I need it.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to foltzy

Hey all! Sorry to start the thread and run this morning but been a crazy day! Anyways, getting ready to head to inlaws for pizza and swimming and then hopefully home to scrap.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to TripletMother

Oh yes, and the blog is now set up if anyone wants to leave comments.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-20-10 01:27 PM
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:
I only have about 43 cartridges. The only reason to get the soccer cart is for Cierra's book, she played soccer for 3 years (She just stopped playing this year). Still not sure I need it.

I thought my 14 was a pretty good number!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-20-10 01:31 PM
In response to LeeLo

Jenni...your job, Kim & Ethan sure do keep you hopping! Good luck with Kim's appeal. I hope everything goes through!

I thought about being a court reporter at one point. Our town actually doesn't even have one. When I worked in a law office we would hire them from other towns. I finished paralegal school and have 5 1/2 years experience in a law office so I am very familiar with the legal terms. I am also an extremely fast typist. I hadn't thought about this for a long time. I really love my job now though and would hate to quit here.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to LeeLo

I'm at work. Since I was on training for 3 days, I did not get to pack up my belongings - moving cubicles at 8 am on Monday. The place I am moving to is empty so I just moved my things in there directly. On Mon I just have to move my chair, foot rest, and floor mat when they come to move the equipment over. I do have a box to unpack - my personal bits - lip glosses, dental floss, toothpaste, brush, etc along with random notes that I never filed. You know, that "junk" drawer you keep in the office. I'll sort that next week while I am paid!

This was so much more efficient even though it is on my own time - Monday won't be so stressful.

Gotta run - I need to move my emergency floor warden hat and my fan over to my new digs then head on home.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to corrie fan

Hi ladies! Just popping in for a second. I got to the job interview this afternoon to find that the guy I was supposed to interview with forgot that he had scheduled a five o clock and had already gone home. I'm supposed to call Monday to reschedule *sigh*. He did say he felt really bad about it though. I am happy I'm getting calls for interviews again. Maybe it's because I revamped my resume, simplified it and streamlined it. I think it helped.

Since I'm out of printer ink I've decided to try and make stuff with my yarn stash. I'm making a little clutch purse now. The pattern's easy enough, so I think it'll move quickly.

Anywho, gonna go watch some tv with the hubby and work on my purse. He's feeling much better today. One of his meds was making him feel sick yesterday, but he's on a lower dose today (it gradually lessens, it's for the swelling) and it's not so bad. I may not be around much tomorrow, gotta clean up for the fantasy football draft, but I'll probably be around a lot Sunday and Monday because dh is going to his Mom's house in NC. I can't go because we wouldn't be back in time for me to make school on Tuesday. Gonna be a lonely couple days D:. My little sister is supposed to come over on Sunday though to keep me company for a bit so that'll help.

Have a good night ladies!

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to DesiLee

Well, to answer the blog question, I would like to do one about scrapping, although I dont know what, that is my problem because i dont think I could do one like Heather's although I love hers, cause i dont think im good at sketches or teaching other techniques either. As far the the privacy thing goes the only thing ppl would be really learning about me is my scrapping style which I dont mind ppl knowing, I dont plan on having a blog that airs all my problems, trust me there are too many.

Jenni-right now, since its only been a week since surgery, I have percocet and vallium which are supposed to help with the painm and they do ok, my worst time is in the morning after I have gotten stiff from laying in the bed with no meds in my system, I also do a 30 minute therapy with a bone growth stimulator everyday. I have a foolow up on the 27th which is when doc is hoping to get me into therapy if I can handle, right now it hurts terribly if I try to bend or twist at all which by the way i am not suppose to do but ya know ya get kinds tried of having to rely on others all the time, he told me total recovery could take up to 12-18 months

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to foltzy

• foltzy Said:

ONLY?!?!?!!?!?!

I only had 6-8, and that was before I gave some to Debbie in a swap we did. I can't imagine having 43!!!!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to LeeLo

• LeeLo Said:
Jenni...your job, Kim & Ethan sure do keep you hopping! Good luck with Kim's appeal. I hope everything goes through!

I thought about being a court reporter at one point. Our town actually doesn't even have one. When I worked in a law office we would hire them from other towns. I finished paralegal school and have 5 1/2 years experience in a law office so I am very familiar with the legal terms. I am also an extremely fast typist. I hadn't thought about this for a long time. I really love my job now though and would hate to quit here.

Sounds like something you could awlays do if the current gig doesn't work out. Especially if there aren't any in your town.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

Laura - 12-18 months??? I think I'd tell them just to put in a medically induced coma and wake me when it was over.

Desi - way poor form of the boss guy to forget the interview. After that, I'll hope the other one pans out for you better.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

Last night ended up being my last night shift. There was a scheduling error and I was scheduled for 10pm-6am tonight, which wouldn't have been bad. It wouldve been normal. But then I was scheduled for 6am-2pm Sunday (tomorrow). Obviously I can't. GM is strict but she doesn't make us work doubles. So I asked her which she needed me most for, the overnight or the Sunday morning. I'm off tonight and working tomorrow.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

Good morning!!!

Dani is spending the weekend at her Aunt and Uncle's. She didn't even want to tell us good-bye when we left to go back home They still have all the toys my niece had when she was younger..she's 19 now.

43 cartriges..WOW!!! I think I have about 16!!!

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Laura - 12-18 months??? I think I'd tell them just to put in a medically induced coma and wake me when it was over.

Desi - way poor form of the boss guy to forget the interview. After that, I'll hope the other one pans out for you better.

Me too! My husband says that I should go to an interview with them on Monday anyway just for practice if nothing else so I guess I will. I am definitely not impressed with being forgotten about though.

Today is cleaning day. Gotta get the house ready for the fantasy football draft this evening. I'll probably pop in and out of here when I get a chance. I finished the outside of my purse last night. If I have time today I'm going to stitch it together and get it ready for it's lining. I can't finish it today, I need to get some cross stitch mesh... I guess it's to stiffen it up some.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to DesiLee

Morning.

Headed to the States to shop this afternoon. Nothing major but going there with a friend for a change of pace.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Afternoon all! Went and donated blood this morning and just doing some housework and taking care of kids. Hoping to get some scrappy time in later!

Jenni - Hubby is headed your direction. Fishing tournament tonight at Lake Monroe. Told him I should go with him and he could drop me off at your house and pick me up on their way back home!!!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Drinking a pepsi maxx and thinking of Susan! I miss her!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Anybody heard from Marci lately?

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

hi everyone!

Jenni, prayers for you, and yes "we love our job" lol. When I read that I so pictured me saying it!

Liz!!! 43 cartridges!!!! That is so cool!! And going after the ones retiring even cooler

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Hi Laura, gentle hug for ya!! Long time no see!!

Jane, have fun shopping I'm headed to the outlet malls too. It is tax free weekend.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Leah, cleaning is what I should be doing, and laundry. It's 4 of us, and with all four going to the gym it gets to much. Noe the kids are doing part of the laundry during the week to help out.

Sis!!!! Oh boy, we need to do something this weekend. I don't know how to use alcohol inks...

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

I haven't seen Susan or Marci in a long time. Also Jennie, Viv, Liz M, and I do miss Joy.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to Cracrop

I am here . . .

Hi sis!!!!!

Got the kids eating lunch and I am relaxing for a few. Going to put them down for naps and then I plan to scrap (and do laundry) while they are down.

Let me know when you are available Clara and we will webcam and play with alcohol inks! Should have sent you some blending solution with the inks so if you are out somewhere, you might need to grab some up!!!! Don't have to have it though!!!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

No outlet malls nearby - It only takes an hour an a half including customs to get to where we are going.

JoAnn's, Walmart, Fashion bug and check out the grocery stores on our way back.

We may head to Syracuse and make a weekend of it at a later date.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Sounds like a good time Jane!!! I want to shop but the budget says NO!!!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Morning! *yawns*

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to c-leaper

Jenni, I really wish I could be in a coma that long but I am trying to stay positive, hence the trying to get back into scrapping and since money is such an issue for me right now, I have been trying to look for swaps that either wont cost me a lot or ones that allow you to swap things you have but don't use, maybe I can get some supplies I need that way

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to Cracrop

Afternoon Clara, although if I know you, your already gone, lol.
Hello also to Heather, Jane and Ria!

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica

Well since I have made everyone so talkative as usual I am going to search for swaps and challenges to try to get my mojo going

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Sorry Laura, my mom called (she's got Lizzie for the weekend) and after I got off the phone with her my DFS IIS worker texted to see how I was today.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Sis!!!! I'm done shopping for the kids. I also found me some some work clothes, buy one get one free!!!! K going to stop at the lss to see if they have some.

Hi Ria

Laura, you were right, left in a hurry to buy kids back to school stuff.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to Cracrop

I have just finished making 4 cards. Think I might play with some new techniques for awhile. Not feeling real great - head hurts and stomach upset. Laid down for awhile while kids were sleeping.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

Abby is home for the weekend.
I've been working at the bookstore.
It rained again last night and I do believe that the ceiling in the scraproom will not be leaking again, so I hope to get stuff put back and the floor in there cleaned up. He won't be back to fix the drywall until next month though, so I'll have to move everything out of the way again so he can do that. I want to have a crop night at my house in 2 weeks or I'd probably wait until he did the dry wall to put everything back.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to NMlady

Sis, hope u feel better soon.

Joy!!!!!! Woohoooo for Abby being home and ceiling fixed Oh and for work too! Long time no see.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

This day is not ending as soon as I wish. I'm super tired and still have to buy school supplies. I keep telling myself that at least there are tons of savings.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Cracrop

Hi gals! Got a new vacuum yesterday, a bagless Dirt Devil, and hooked it up and ran it today. Not an easy feat with Max hanging off my back playing with my butt-length hair.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop

Oh Ria, my dogs chase me around barking at the vacuum cleaner. I though it would be a one time thing but nope, everytime.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Cracrop

Oh once I turned it ON, Max high-tailed it outta there. But while I was putting it together he was all over my bouncing ponytail.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica

Too funny Ria!
Sorry your not feeling well Heather.
Im going to be looking at the gallery AGAIN for inspiration, I did join 2 swaps hopefully that will get me some new things I can use but they arent ending til the end of sept, so I guess I will be waiting, I need everything adhesive, i mean you name it I am out and all my money has to towards school clothes, supplies for kids and my car insurance is expiring and dh wants to try to find something cheaper. I asked if I could spend $50 or less, he said no sorry hun:(

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• TripletMother Said:
Jenni - Hubby is headed your direction. Fishing tournament tonight at Lake Monroe. Told him I should go with him and he could drop me off at your house and pick me up on their way back home!!!

You have my number! You should've brought the kids (we would've sent them to Kims!) and called on your way down!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Ria - you had me wondering about Max for a minute there. Anymore, Irena doesn't even wait for me to turn on the vacuum. She knows the suond of it being pulled out of the closet, and she'll bolt upstairs. It's the fastest this old kitteh ever runs.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • TripletMother Said:

You have my number! You should've brought the kids (we would've sent them to Kims!) and called on your way down!

We talked about it less then an hour before he left but didn't figure we could get a sitter on time! Didnt' think about bringing them with!!! They would have had a ball with Ethan though!!!! I will have to see when Monroe is on the schedule again!!!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

And in the "how much does God think we can handle" category.....

Kim called a bit ago. She'd had Ethan usptairs in the tub while she was cleaning downstairs from having two boys all day. (She was also watching a friend's 20-month-old.) She thought he was taking a shower.

"Thought" being the operative word........

By the time she went upstairs, there was water all the way out to the hallway. And apparently the pipes under the tub didn't do their job, either, because she's now losing chunks of her living room ceiling from the flooding on the main floor.

Uncle Jasen (Ethan's uncle) made a late-night housecall (bless him!) (he's a plumber) and Jim has gone over to get a look at the damage. We're probably talking having to re-drywall the living room - not only to repair/replace the chunks that have fallen out, but to prevent trouble with mold/mildew growing in there now from being wet. (Of course, when I mentioned this, Kim surmised that maybe there's ALREADY a mold problem and maybe that's why she's tired all the time and Ethan's always getting sick.)

So, Joy, got room in that leaky club for me?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• TripletMother Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • TripletMother Said:

We talked about it less then an hour before he left but didn't figure we could get a sitter on time! Didnt' think about bringing them with!!! They would have had a ball with Ethan though!!!! I will have to see when Monroe is on the schedule again!!!

Absolutely! It'd be sweet to have visitors in my territory for a change.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• TripletMother Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • TripletMother Said:

I can't afford a sitter. Nor do I trust many around here. So unless a grandparent has them, they either go with or I don't go. Honestly I enjoy taking them along, especially if Jory is with a friend and it's just Lizzie and me.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

Hi all!

Long post alert!

Well I lost my passport on my way out. We weren't far when I realized that I had not put it on the dash - got off the highway and looked - not there. Then I thought I lost it loading the car - on the street! Ack! Came home and it wasn't on the street or in the house so we searched the car really well this time - it slipped between my seat and the door. Big sigh of relief. So half an hour later we finally start on our journey.

First stop in the US: Jo-Ann's. I bought nothing. It is not huge and nothing said buy me.

Then on to Fashion bug. I bought 2 t-shirts (a bright pink and royal blue) for $6 each. Also got some navy jersey capris for hanging around or working out for $8.24 and a nice blouse for $20.

Next stop: McD's for a snack. RIA - WE LOVED the banana strawberry smooties and we each had an Angus snack wrap deluxe. These items aren't available in Canada.

We checked out a store - Peebles - not much there and next door to it was a place called Label shoppers - TONS! I got a short sleeve blouse for $6 and 2 Coldwater Creek t-shirts for $3 each. I also got some nice placemats for $12 - the kind with cork backing.

My friend got some Ralph Lauren pjs there and was so please with her purchase.

That place took so long to go through though as the racks are jammed packed.

Next stop - a grocery store called Aldi. I had heard about it from someone who wanted to buy shares in the company. GREAT prices - this was basically a reconnaissance trip on our part but I did pick up a huge container of old fashioned oats for 1.89 (2 lbs, 10 oz) and some butter among the few other items I got. Will definitely visit again with a pantry shopping list. Oh, also got 2 oz of pure vanilla extract for $1.99 - that I knew I was out.

After that we went to Walmart. I got tons again. A pair of clearance pants for $5, 2 pairs of yoga pants, 3 pairs of workout shorts, an exercise t-shirt and a long sleeved top.

Last stop - Price chopper. I wanted to get some chicken broth concentrate called Better Than Bouillon.

I spent about $150 on non-grocery items so had to pay our Canadian taxes - close to $19 - but even with that and the toll bridge fees I still came ahead.

My friend bought more groceries and another nightgown so did not have to pay taxes.

We came home and ordered some food and had dinner at 10 pm. She just left. I need to stay up a little longer to digest my meal.

Anyway - a very successful and fun day. We will try to go there again in a few months. We may not need to shop as much (I gained weight and needed some clothes).

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• corrie fan Said:
Hi all!
Next stop: McD's for a snack. RIA - WE LOVED the banana strawberry smooties and we each had an Angus snack wrap deluxe. These items aren't available in Canada.

NO SMOOTHIES IN CANADA!!!!!!

Glad to hear you found your passport - I've had that same panic with my credit card before. AND found it in the same place. Now it's always one of the first places I look.

Outside of that, it sounds like you had a fabulous day!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

Word travels fast around here. Somehow Jeremy's best friend got wind that I'm leaving Jeremy and is hitting on me. Gag me with a spoon. Legally I'm still married to Jeremy. But even if the divorce were final today I still would not be in the market for a new guy. I may not want another relationship ever.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-21-10 10:21 PM

Hey everyone! I'm just hanging out watching TV. I really should be in bed (it's 1:15 here), but am not wound down yet. I spent the afternoon at Mom's house and finished my purse! I was so excited. It was a learning experience...my first sewing project ever...but it actually turned out really good! I think I'm fixing to head to bed...I will be really tired in the morning if not.

Jane, it sounds like you had an awesome trip and got a lot of great deals! Do you just pay tax on non-food items? I didn't know how this worked. I've never been to another country before.

Heather...I hope you feel better soon. I was just thinking the other day about some of the people that we've not heard from in a while.

Jenni...oh my gosh! I hope Kim's place gets fixed up soon!

Joy, I'm glad Abby is home for the weekend! How is college going for her so far?

Well, I'm out of here. I've got to get up early in the morning to put something in the crock pot. Hopefully I can then go back to sleep for a little bit before I have to get ready for church. Talk to you all soon!

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to LeeLo

Well, Good Morning to anyone that is here!
Jenni- real sorry to hear about Kim's house, hope repairs don't take to long.

Ria-Im with you on the cant afford a babysitter, sometimes we get lucky with a grandparent or my DD, but usually they either go or we dont.

Jane-so glad to hear you had such a great shopping trip with your friend, you tired me out just reading about it, lol. Sounds like you got alot of great deals! I can't wait til things settle down here so I can have a day like that, but mine will be for back-to school supplies & clothes and hopefully some sbing stuff for me.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to LeeLo

Leah,

Each country you visit will have its own rules. When entering the US, I have to declare if I am bringing food, alcohol etc.

Coming back to Canada, I have to declare everything. If I am gone for 24 hrs, I can bring back $50 CDN and if I am gone 48 hrs, I can bring back $400 and up to $750 for a week or over. Alcohol, cigarettes, etc are limited.

So since I was gone for less than 24 hrs, I knew I was subject to being taxed. Groceries aren't taxed here so we don't get taxed. Other items like the clothes, I had to pay our 13% tax. It could be worse - technically this applies only to goods made in North America so they could look at each item and determine where they were made and charge duty on the items but they don't.

Oh, and food items can't cross that easily either. We can't bring any form of citrus fruit to the US - for fear of importing pests not found in the US that could harm your citrus groves. THere are some limitations on meat but I don't know them all. I know that we could not bring back peppers and tomatoes this year but we stayed clear of produce. They are the same price here and available locally so while they are fresh, I buy from here.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Afternoon -

Went to church this mornign and then grandma brought lunch over. Been hanging out with her and the kids and doing puzzles.

Just dropping off a lo I did last night!!!
Picking Dandelions By TripletMother

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Spent most of yesterday and today at the lake. Rained like CRAZY last night, but still a nice eveing with friends in the camper. Got up early today and Bill and Chief and I went for a 2+ mile walk. Then we worked on the boat for a while. I hurt in many places right now.

Thinking about starting in scrapping a bit now. Think Cindy and I decided on the second weekend in November for the Paper Doll House and I can't wait! An entire weekend of scrapping and food. It's later than we usually go, but there seemed to be a lot going on in October, so maybe this will help shorten up our winter a bit.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to leebla

Dani's home from her weekend away!!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Lizzie is, too!!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I was scrapping for a little while, then I left to go eat. Again loving my Power Layout Box cause I knocked out 4 layouts in short order. Cannot wait to finish emptying this one and load the two of them back up. Need to work on my young idiot's scrapbook (said with all the love and devotion a mother can muster) and on my very handsome and ornery grandsons' scrapbooks!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

for now I am going to work on hooking my wireless printer back up because it is making me nutty not having it, and I don't like having to keep changing the settings on my photo printer.

okay, apparently I have to uninstall the software before I can reinstall it, so I have a few minutes to kill......

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to leebla

Wooohohohohooo for great shopping deals and finding your passport Jane

for little ones returning home

for scrappy time! Which I have been for an hour already

Oh Jenni, glad to hear uncle came to help with the water issue.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Mojo is not home, good thing that playing with ribbon dont requiere mojo.

Im really really really wanting to start my christmas cards, and that wont happen until mojo is here. So if you ladies are done with mojo, send some my way please

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Yippee Skippee! I did it!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Thankfully I had lots of mojo when I filled my PLO box, so now on days it is absent, I can rely on what I put together and figure out how to make it work!

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to leebla

Good for you Elizabeth!

I need to create a box for cards, maybe that would trigger mojo.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Cracrop

it will be so nice to have my printer/scanner all hooked up again.
Soon I will need to start printing up a storm again on my photo printer and I like being able to scan and print normal stuff on my Artisan.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

Blech.

I have to update my resume for a potential assignment. BLECH. I have to make sure I add all the items from the statement of merit. Blech. So much work and it is just a freakin' assignment and not an actual competition.

Sigh.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Well nope Jane, Jane that doesn't sound fun at all.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to leebla

It is a chicken and egg situation. You are expected to have experience in an area - but some of the things they want you to have are only done by the managers. Now how do you apply to be the manager without said experience when it isn't even an option to you.

Sigh.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica

Well, good evening everyone, still doing the same thing, trying to get out depression and pain and get some mojo going, its been so long I feel like an outsider yet once again:(

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica

I just love it when ppl dont list the supplies they use or techniques or some clues!!!!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

Laura if you go to the layout gallery and click on the STARS tab you will at least see layouts that have identified products so that might help a bit.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to NMlady

Thanks Joy I have found a few of those

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica

Clara, was just looking at your gallery, did you know that your SN is now cracrop, was that intentional, I always thought it was crapcrop?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• Scrappy Gal 68 Said:
I just love it when ppl dont list the supplies they use or techniques or some clues!!!!

lately I have done a LOT of layouts where I am using old stuff from my stash and I just say "raided the stash" because I couldn't begin to tell you what everything is, a lot of it isn't available anymore, and most of it isn't on sb.com.
If it shows up here, I mark it. If I remember what it is, I mark it. If I don't, I don't.

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to leebla

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been around much, but I really haven't been on the computer in general a lot this last week.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to Jordannichole

Another Monday morning . . . off to do payroll.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter

Good Morning!!!

It's sooo nice to have Dani home!! She was only gone 2 days,but it seemed like forever!!! Last night we went to our neighbors and visited while Dani and their DD played. Dani came home with a bunch of dress-up play dresses.

DH is on vacation this week. I hope we can make it through the week without killing each other

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to krishunter

Hi ladies! Dh is out of town visiting his mother. My first time in our house alone D:. He left yesterday and he'll be back tomorrow. My little sister stayed with me last night to keep me company lol. I dunno if she's staying tonight yet, she hasn't decided.

I rescheduled that job interview that was supposed to be Friday for today at 2:30. The guy said he never got my e-mail response confirming the Friday appointment, so that makes me feel a little better.

I had $20 that a friend gave me for cat sitting for her one weekend so I decided to take it to Michael's yesterday and I'm glad I did because they had the ATG in and I had a 40% off coupon :D. I can't wait to play with it. I'm gonna have to make some cards or something, since my printer is out of ink.

Speaking of cards, I'm going to be making my Christmas card list soon and I was wondering if any of you ladies would like for me to send Christmas cards. If you would like to be on my Christmas card list, send me a PM with your address and I'll add you. I'll give you mine too, and we can swap if you like :D.

Anywho, off to try to keep my sister entertained. I think we may go play some tennis. I slept terrible last night (I just don't sleep well when dh's not around D:) so I have to go get some coffee in me before I can consider tennis... lol.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DesiLee

Read everyone's posts...hugs all around...sorry for not getting specific this morning so much....

Just popping in with a couple quick updates before I try to finish typing this one depo this morning:

Kim got notice yesterday (well, she FOUND it yesterday, in her email...it might've been sent Saturday) that her financial aid appeal was approved! I breathed a sigh of relief so big it registered as an Indianapolis wind gust! (For those not familiar with our area...Indianapolis is about an hour's drive away.)

We also got the water issues taken care of. And Uncle Jasen (bless him!) is going to do not only the ceiling repairs (which weren't NEARLY as bad as she was making it sound Saturday night, of course), but some additional drywall work in the basement that has been needed since Kim moved in 2 years ago. So we get work done...he makes money...it's win-win for everyone.

Ethan gets promoted at daycare today to the next older class. That'll put him back with his beloved Miss Carol. (She was his teacher for 4-6 weeks last fall when they were shuffling teachers around a bit.) She runs her group more like a preschool, with really cool lessons andt hings. And the little boy who kept hitting & hurting the other kids has gone to a different daycare. So daycare should get really good for him now.

And now it's off to work I go!!!! (Which, in my caes, means switchig to a different computer screen.)

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics